What's new

an example of premonition

I was reading about the 9/11 hijackings as a proof of premonition. It is an intriguing possibility - that many people didn't show up or book those four flights. You could expaln away a light load of passengers for one flight, but all four?

3. Light passenger loads made it easier for the hijackers to maneuver

American 11, bound from Boston to Los Angeles, had 81 passengers on board out of a possible 158, according to the 9/11 report and aircraft data.

United 175, which also left Boston for Los Angeles, had 56 passengers out of a possible 168. That was a "load factor" of 33%, considerably lower than the 49% average for that flight, a federal investigation showed.

American 77, headed to Los Angeles from Washington, had 58 passengers out of a capacity of 176, the 9/11 report and other reports said.

United 93, bound from Newark, N.J., to San Francisco, had only 37 passengers for a 20% load factor, which was far below the normal 52%.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...0-things-you-may-have-forgotten-911/90007376/

Irayam

Patron with Honors
Interesting data.
Someone should check if crashed planes throughout aviation history have a significant higher number of passengers canceling their flights.

Irayam

Interesting data.
Someone should check if crashed planes throughout aviation history have a significant higher number of passengers canceling their flights.

Irayam
The book did mention a study of train wrecks in the 1950's by William E. Cox (at J.B. Rhine's Duke University laboratory) that found that trains that crashed or derailed on the east coast had significantly less ridership on the day of the crash even taking in account the weather.

Mimsey

hummingbird

Patron with Honors
I'd be convinced of these "statistics" if the "normals" were for the same day, time, flight maybe in another year, or the week before or after.

9/11 was a Tuesday. From what I understand, airplanes fly light on Tuesdays, that's why flights are cheaper mid-week.

What were these load levels on these flights the Tuesday before? The Tuesday before that? That Tuesday the year before?

You can twist and turn statistics to prove just about anything. And, USA Today is hardly a scholarly magazine.

So, before you get all goose-bumpy, consider the source and remember what Mark Twain famously attributed to Benjamin Disraeli:
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.

JustSheila

Crusader
I was reading about the 9/11 hijackings as a proof of premonition. It is an intriguing possibility - that many people didn't show up or book those four flights. You could expaln away a light load of passengers for one flight, but all four?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...0-things-you-may-have-forgotten-911/90007376/

The hijackers seem to be choosing flights with smaller planes and less passengers. That info is not hard to find. Certain days of the week and times of day are more popular than others. Seems American and United Airlines are the airlines of choice since they run so many domestic flights, too.

The hijackers seem to be choosing flights with smaller planes and less passengers. That info is not hard to find. Certain days of the week and times of day are more popular than others. Seems American and United Airlines are the airlines of choice since they run so many domestic flights, too.
Well, like I said it's a possible proof. They give the actual load vs the average load for that flight, which I take to be the average for that flight on the same day in prior weeks.

As to the quality of the source they based the article on, I honestly didn't spend hours looking for scientific papers. I chose that reference because I am assuming a paper of that size is going to vet their stories, as compared to some conspiracy theorist's web page.

And there's the lingering question - why were all four flights low?

Mimsey

JustSheila

Crusader
Well, like I said it's a possible proof. They give the actual load vs the average load for that flight, which I take to be the average for that flight on the same day in prior weeks.

As to the quality of the source they based the article on, I honestly didn't spend hours looking for scientific papers. I chose that reference because I am assuming a paper of that size is going to vet their stories, as compared to some conspiracy theorist's web page.

And there's the lingering question - why were all four flights low?

Mimsey

It's too easy to have that information in advance, though, even without any sort of special airline connections. I've done it many times, called the airlines and asked what sort of plane they were using for which flights and how crowded the flight was. It costs more for a ticket by then, of course, but nowhere in that article did it say that the tickets were bought way in advance, either. :hmm: So I think it's more of an indication that the type of plane and how empty the flight was were some of the things terrorists considered when they decided to board a flight.

It's too easy to have that information in advance, though, even without any sort of special airline connections. I've done it many times, called the airlines and asked what sort of plane they were using for which flights and how crowded the flight was. It costs more for a ticket by then, of course, but nowhere in that article did it say that the tickets were bought way in advance, either. :hmm: So I think it's more of an indication that the type of plane and how empty the flight was were some of the things terrorists considered when they decided to board a flight.

Please excuse me for being dense, even if the terrorists did know on sept 11 the 4 flights would be more lightly booked than usual, why would they even care? We are non-believers. They are counting on Allah to be willing they would have a successful mission.

You could be right, they could have cherry picked a day when all four flights were exceptionally light. I wonder if there is any information about their flight selection process on line?

The point the author was making was: It is a fact all four were the flights were abnormally empty. Thus it is a possible proof of premonition.

I dunno, you could be right, and on the other hand couldn't he be also? :confused2:

Mimsey

Last edited:
So, I guess you could ask a question - was the date chosen because it would traditionally be a light passenger date, so there would be less opposition from the passengers in the take over, or did it have more significance?

In his 2006 Pulitzer Prize-winning book The Looming Tower: Al Qaeda and the Road to 9/11, Lawrence Wright lent weight to Hitchens' argument. According to him, Al Qaeda "perceived the contradiction embodied by Islam's long, steady retreat from the gates of Vienna, where on September 11—that now resonant date—in 1683, the king of Poland began the battle that turned back the farthest advance of Muslim armies. For the next three hundred years, Islam would be overshadowed by the growth of Western Christian societies."

Chillingly, Wright added, "Yet bin Laden and his Arab Afghans believed that, in Afghanistan, they had turned the tide and that Islam was again on the march."

Hazem Farraj, an American Christian minister and former Muslim, said he did think the terrorists chose September 11 for the significance of the 1683 Siege of Vienna. "The moment, for example, when news of Benghazi broke and it was on 9/11 ... I assumed that was an attack and not a protest gone wild," Farraj told PJ Media.

"As an ex-Muslim I can indeed confirm the idea that Muslims take a long view of history," he added. "In fact, if you notice, the terrorist will still speak to Westerners as not just Westerners alone, but we are STILL 'Crusaders.'"

He accused the "Saudi instigated propaganda machine, which had a comfortable nest egg inside DC bureaucracy," of causing the Islamic State, because "it is essential for Islam to be propagated worldwide." Farraj argued that the best thing to do in the Middle East is to secularize the region.

"In fact, the idea of a caliphate makes the most sense within the contexts of Western/Eastern clashes," he explained. "For me, in the local mosques of Jerusalem, I vividly remember the lessons from the Friday sermon on the coming glorious caliphate. Not coincidentally, that was prior to the second intifada uprising." This inspiring view of a caliphate prevailing over the Crusaders was an inspiration for Al Qaeda, Farraj argued.

If so, what better date to bring the West to its knees than the very anniversary of an Islamic empire's stunning defeat at the hands of a Polish king?

Dr. David Stewart, professor of history at Hillsdale College, also expressed his doubts. He acknowledged the significance of the date and that the terrorists would likely have known it. "Yes, there's no doubt that most educated Muslims are aware of the events surrounding Vienna as part of their national narrative," and "certainly the people who would have committed themselves to an act of terrorism would have known," Stewart told PJ Media.

That said, he considered it "unlikely that they chose it for that reason." First, it sends "a very mixed message — it's such a signal of defeat. Are they trying to commemorate the defeat or to reverse that defeat?" He argued that if they were commemorating a date, it would likely have been a more positive date. "It's an odd thing to commemorate."

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/09/10/why-did-the-terrorists-choose-september-11/1/

More to support your argument - though it isn't backed up with phone records of calls to airlines looking for light flight dates, recovered documents etc.
Numbers suggest terrorists targeted flights.

September 20, 2001 Posted: 2:18 PM EDT (1818 GMT)

hijacked planes
Investigators suspect the hijackers targeted specific flights that had low passenger loads

By Mike Fish
CNN

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- The numbers appear out-of-whack, thankfully. And so, a lingering question is why the passenger loads on the four planes hijacked in U.S. skies are being described by industry officials as "very, very low.''

Is it simply incredible fortune that more people weren't aboard the commercial airliners used as deadly missiles? Is it just another tidy piece of a large, well-executed terrorist act?

Is it further reflection of an already reeling U.S. economy?

Or, contrary to airline denials, did the hijackers purchase a large chunk of seats that went unused?

Many investigators suspect the terrorists at the very least shopped for flights with low passenger loads, making it easier for them -- presumably armed only with knives and box cutters -- to prevent passenger uprisings.

"You have to think it was by design, that they didn't want to go on a flight with the chance of the passengers working against them,'' said Dave Esser, head of the aeronautical science department at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. "If you've got the threat of a bomb or a gun you can hold people at bay. These guys were strong-arming people with box cutters and knives.

"They wanted the numbers to be on their side.''

And they were, staggeringly so.

http://edition.cnn.com/2001/US/09/19/hijacked.planes/

Last edited:
I probably spent too much time on the internet looking into the load count on the flights, but it seems, taking into account Tuesday is traditionally a slow day, it was light because of being after a holiday, summer being over, and they wanted planes with max fuel load and early morning flights, with low passenger counts so they could be assured first class seats close to the cockpits, it turns out two of the four flights had abnormally low load factor counts which can't be explained away.

So, perhaps the author was in error by saying the four flights were low, when he should have said two were low and two ( flights 93 and 175) were abnormally low. That would have been a more accurate proof of his premonition theory.

http://www.911myths.com/index.php?title=9/11_flight_passenger_numbers

However, there is a site that claims 350 people canceled or failed to turn up for the flights. It is an interesting read. Some were chance. A large number were interviewed by the FBI to see if they had connections to the hijackers, some of the notable persons were Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Bobby Farrelly, Julia Child, Sam Mendes and Robert Redford. http://shoestring911.blogspot.com/2014/08/over-350-passengers-canceled-their.html

More than 350 people who were originally scheduled to be on the four airliners hijacked in the 9/11 attacks either changed their plans and canceled their reservations--in many cases at the last minute--or simply failed to show up for the flights on the morning of September 11, 2001. While these individuals came from a variety of backgrounds, a remarkable number of them worked in, or had close connections to, Hollywood or other areas of the entertainment industry. Some of them were very well-known personalities.
Seth MacFarlane is the creator of the Fox network cartoon sitcom Family Guy and is also well known for having hosted the 2013 Oscars. On the evening of September 10, he gave a lecture at his old college in Rhode Island, after which he went out with some faculty members and "had a few pints." He was therefore hung over on the morning of September 11. Furthermore, MacFarlane has said that his travel agent mistakenly told him Flight 11 was scheduled to take off at 8:15 a.m., instead of 7:45 a.m. Consequently, when he arrived at Logan Airport the gate had already closed, so he exchanged his ticket for a seat on another flight later in the morning and avoided being on the hijacked plane. "I missed it by 10 minutes," MacFarlane has commented. "It was very, very fortunate." [10]

Curiously, Macfarlane's account is contradicted by an FBI document that lists many passengers who canceled reservations for Flight 11. While MacFarlane suggested that he intended to take Flight 11 but arrived at the airport too late, the document states that he actually canceled his reservation at 6:34 a.m. on September 11, more than an hour before the plane was scheduled to take off. [11]
The article goes through flight by flight in a who's who and their reasons for not flying - if anything the amazing # of rationalizing comments like: "I didn't feel like getting up that early" points to the unawareness of the upcoming doom but the reaction to it nonetheless. If you doubt his sincerity - he lists 249 articles etc in the notes of where he got his data from.

Mimsey

Last edited:

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think there may be something to the premonition theory. Or maybe it's the Karma theory? Some people seem to have a knack for side-stepping danger. Maybe it's not "their time to go".

The questions about whether there is Karma, destiny, fate...or whether it's just all chaos with no meaning, have been asked from the get-go. Could both theories be true? A lot of people on either side of the argument are absolutely sure their view is right. They think Jesus or God decides. Or the thetan knows. Or people get the Karma they deserve. Or it's all just chance, coincidence.

I kind of don't mind being not at all sure about this issue.

JustSheila

Crusader
I probably spent too much time on the internet looking into the load count on the flights, but it seems, taking into account Tuesday is traditionally a slow day, it was light because of being after a holiday, summer being over, and they wanted planes with max fuel load and early morning flights, with low passenger counts so they could be assured first class seats close to the cockpits, it turns out two of the four flights had abnormally low load factor counts which can't be explained away.

So, perhaps the author was in error by saying the four flights were low, when he should have said two were low and two ( flights 93 and 175) were abnormally low. That would have been a more accurate proof of his premonition theory.

http://www.911myths.com/index.php?title=9/11_flight_passenger_numbers

However, there is a site that claims 350 people canceled or failed to turn up for the flights. It is an interesting read. Some were chance. A large number were interviewed by the FBI to see if they had connections to the hijackers, some of the notable persons were Seth Macfarlane, Mark Wahlberg, Bobby Farrelly, Julia Child, Sam Mendes and Robert Redford. http://shoestring911.blogspot.com/2014/08/over-350-passengers-canceled-their.html

More than 350 people who were originally scheduled to be on the four airliners hijacked in the 9/11 attacks either changed their plans and canceled their reservations--in many cases at the last minute--or simply failed to show up for the flights on the morning of September 11, 2001. While these individuals came from a variety of backgrounds, a remarkable number of them worked in, or had close connections to, Hollywood or other areas of the entertainment industry. Some of them were very well-known personalities.

The article goes through flight by flight in a who's who and their reasons for not flying - if anything the amazing # of rationalizing comments like: "I didn't feel like getting up that early" points to the unawareness of the upcoming doom but the reaction to it nonetheless. If you doubt his sincerity - he lists 249 articles etc in the notes of where he got his data from.

Mimsey

That's interesting. :yes: Thanks, Mimsey. I think something like premonition happens at times, but it's undependable, unfortunately. Rather than assume, as a Scientologist would, that the ones that DID show up and were murdered on those flights were dolts and blockheads stuck in meatbodies that were too unaware and dense to have or follow a premonition, or that they 'deserved' to die due to bad karma or some such, what if we assume instead that most passengers were fairly equal in their receptiveness and responsiveness to premonitions of danger and their characters and spiritual abilities were no better or worse than those who canceled their flights and lived?

That would mean some were meant to receive and respond to a premonition while others were not. Some needed to live because they had to do something else, maybe, or through some otherwise inconsequential action have an affect on something or someone that has a chain reaction for something bigger?

And that gets into a whole different concept, the concept of a grand design, something that I believe in. Like the game, ''Kerplunk," you can pull out stick after stick and the amount of energy expended is the same and many times you pull a stick and it makes no difference at all, but then you pull a central stick that the other sticks require to hold all the marbles in place, and the marbles go down. Kerplunk! Yet all sticks are equal. By random selection, some are in key positions and others are not. Yet the design of the game itself makes some sticks important to the overall success and others not so much unless they are pulled in a certain sequence. There is always more than one possible series of actions that can be played in order to win. And that is what I mean by grand design: it is not dependent on one individual and there are always alternatives in case that stick doesn't get pulled.

SAM_8216.jpg

Last edited:
That's interesting. :yes: Thanks, Mimsey. I think something like premonition happens at times, but it's undependable, unfortunately. Rather than assume, as a Scientologist would, that the ones that DID show up and were murdered on those flights were dolts and blockheads stuck in meatbodies that were too unaware and dense to have or follow a premonition, or that they 'deserved' to die due to bad karma or some such, what if we assume instead that most passengers were fairly equal in their receptiveness and responsiveness to premonitions of danger and their characters and spiritual abilities were no better or worse than those who canceled their flights and lived?

That would mean some were meant to receive and respond to a premonition while others were not. Some needed to live because they had to do something else, maybe, or through some otherwise inconsequential action have an affect on something or someone that has a chain reaction for something bigger?

And that gets into a whole different concept, the concept of a grand design, something that I believe in. Like the game, ''Kerplunk," you can pull out stick after stick and the amount of energy expended is the same and many times you pull a stick and it makes no difference at all, but then you pull a central stick that the other sticks require to hold all the marbles in place, and the marbles go down. Kerplunk! Yet all sticks are equal. By random selection, some are in key positions and others are not. Yet the design of the game itself makes some sticks important to the overall success and others not so much unless they are pulled in a certain sequence. There is always more than one possible series of actions that can be played in order to win. And that is what I mean by grand design: it is not dependent on one individual and there are always alternatives in case that stick doesn't get pulled.

SAM_8216.jpg
The premonitions I have had in my life, while mundane, are kind of an a or b affair. A fork in the path of life. I had one recently where I had this nagging feeling if I did A I would regret it, and that I should do B. A seemed the more logical thing to do. I ping ponged back and forth in my mind, then decided to listen to this feeling and chose B, and a few moments I discovered had I done A it would have been a mess.

I know it is a minor example, but it happens to me enough times that it seems my future self is saying - don't! Usually when I ignore it, it goes to hell. Many times it just doesn't make any sense why I should do the other option. So I opt for the seemingly logical one and land in hot water.

It is like the future is not set in stone, you can alter it when you get to these intersections, if you only recognize the warnings for what they are.

Mimsey

Last edited:

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
The premonitions I have had in my life, while mundane, are kind of an a or b affair. A fork in the path of life. I had one recently where I had this nagging feeling if I did A I would regret it, and that I should do B. A seemed the more logical thing to do. I ping ponged back and forth in my mind, then decided to listen to this feeling and chose B, and a few moments I discovered had I done A it would have been a mess.

I know it is a minor example, but it happens to me enough times that it seems my future self is saying - don't! Usually when I ignore it, it goes to hell. Many times it just doesn't make any sense why I should do the other option. So I opt for the seemingly logical one and land in hot water.

It is like the future is not set in stone, you can alter it when you get to these intersections, if you only recognize the warnings for what they are.

Mimsey

There is a school of thought that says that every time you make a major decision in your life there is another version of you that continues on with the path you didn't take.

Therefore when you die and rejoin your high self there could be thousands of other versions of you all bringing back experiences.

JustSheila

Crusader

Mimsey

Yeh, I get you. It's just that sometimes when I feel that nagging feeling, it's wrong, too. Years ago I paid far too much attention to feelings and there were a lot of unfounded fears behind some of them that I was better off ignoring. So I analyze instead.

Beyond those minor little nagging feelings, a few times in my life there were very POWERFUL pushes away from potentially bad, dangerous situations. Those came out of nowhere and were actually impossible to ignore and twice saved my life. They were not premonitions.

I've had dreams of places that I visited afterward, that was weird. Hasn't happened in many years. The dreams never affected anything, though, so whether I paid attention to them or not didn't matter. Plus, realistically, who knows if I originally saw something similar on television or somewhere else. Since it never affected the outcome, I don't worry about dreams anymore. Too hard to interpret. Every now and then one stands out that wakes me up though. Whether that's my subconscious working things out or spirit or God, I try to take back some sort of lesson on resolving my problems from those types of dreams.

There is a school of thought that says that every time you make a major decision in your life there is another version of you that continues on with the path you didn't take.

Therefore when you die and rejoin your high self there could be thousands of other versions of you all bringing back experiences.

WEIRD! Freaky idea. :omg:

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

Mimsey

Same here - minor stuff - but happens a lot. One example is me getting a bad feeling about scno/co$ - decades ago. It got me out and away. And that was right. And just so some still-believers in the tech are reading this, the scno tech diminishes this capacity, destroys it . . . .

Terril park

Sponsor
Yeh, I get you. It's just that sometimes when I feel that nagging feeling, it's wrong, too. Years ago I paid far too much attention to feelings and there were a lot of unfounded fears behind some of them that I was better off ignoring. So I analyze instead.

Beyond those minor little nagging feelings, a few times in my life there were very POWERFUL pushes away from potentially bad, dangerous situations. Those came out of nowhere and were actually impossible to ignore and twice saved my life. They were not premonitions.

I've had dreams of places that I visited afterward, that was weird. Hasn't happened in many years. The dreams never affected anything, though, so whether I paid attention to them or not didn't matter. Plus, realistically, who knows if I originally saw something similar on television or somewhere else. Since it never affected the outcome, I don't worry about dreams anymore. Too hard to interpret. Every now and then one stands out that wakes me up though. Whether that's my subconscious working things out or spirit or God, I try to take back some sort of lesson on resolving my problems from those types of dreams.

WEIRD! Freaky idea. :omg:

Maybe worth exploring?

I ignored a premonition yesterday and it cost me about $75. I put something on the back of my truck, and I had this picture or thought of it bouncing out and I thought that's not going to happen. I want into the store again, then came back out, and had the same picture again. Again I ignored it because I it didn't make any sense. So on my way to a vendor, sure enough I went over some bump in the street and it jumped out and I had to buy another one
That's how it cost me seventy-five bucks.
It wasn't like I was considering the options, this thought popped in my head un-bidden. When I got to where I was going, and saw it wasn't there, I was pissed about ignoring the warning, and losing it, and drove back looking for it to no avail.

Mimsey