What's new

Clearwater to get Hurricane Irma on Sunday

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
According to the latest models, Irma should be traveling up the west coast of Florida, and hitting Clearwater sometime Sunday afternoon/evening with 150 mph winds.

Expect Davey to announce a fundraiser.

Expect Davey to explain that Flag Land Base "pulled it in" by not having stats high enough, and to RPF a whole bunch of people to work on repairing any damage.

Expect that Davey will demand Flag call-in get a hundred new people to show up and start service during the storm

Last edited:

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Can I expect Scientology's Mecca - The Fraud Scam Base to get washed away?
Probably not. The Fort Harrison is a solidly-built building that's lasted through Florida hurricanes since the 1920's. It's probably the safest place to be in all of Clearwater. Some of the other buildings may get damage. I wouldn't want to be in the Heart of Clearwater (former cheap motel) Sea Org berthing area.

The overhead walkway they recently added between the Fort Harrison and the Superpower building, on the other hand, may not make it.

271485_bYJI7tFis6QDMdRujsm4LzveP__BOqM0GwLHnwa0oyQ.jpg

Last edited:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I checked the Florida evacuation map and put in Flag's address. Right now they are not in an evacuation zone. Surprising considering how close they are to the coast.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
How come the Mecca of Scientology, the place with the most OTs on the planet can't control the weather? They've claimed to in the past when a hurricane was headed to Clearwater but then changed course. It was "OT power" that did it. If they can do it last time why not this time?

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Up until late yesterday, Irma was supposed to be traveling up the EAST coast of Florida.

Here's the latest as of a few minutes ago

Pinellas issues Hurricane Irma evacuation orders

My mom is in a memory care facility in that area, so I've been tracking who is being evacuated.

The evacuations fall into five zones, the last zone being "no evacuation" the first being "mandatory evacuation".

As of an hour or so ago, Flag fell under the "no evacuation" zone.

cleared cannibal

Silver Meritorious Patron
How come the Mecca of Scientology, the place with the most OTs on the planet can't control the weather? They've claimed to in the past when a hurricane was headed to Clearwater but then changed course. It was "OT power" that did it. If they can do it last time why not this time?

You can be damn sure that if it misses them or there is minimal damage they will take credit for it. Same theme" Anything good that happens is because of Scn, anything bad that happens is because you pulled it in". It will play out in some way on this too.

RogerB

Crusader

Where is HellovaHoax when we need clever questions like this answered!:buzzin::biggrin:

Actually, the Fort Harrison is on very high ground, but the Sand Castle, Oh Dear, with a little bit of luck the torture chamber of S/NOTs could easily end up neck deep in water.

:yes:

skep

Patron with Honors
I'm just north of Clearwater. I hope my condo makes it. I'm worried about this one.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I'm just north of Clearwater. I hope my condo makes it. I'm worried about this one.

The bigger issue will be how long it will take to restore power, phone, and cell service. The wind is going to knock down a bunch of utility poles, and it will take a while for crews to deal with that.

Also, I hope you're armed. Do not expect rapid response from 911. Even if you have phone service to reach them, they will be stretched very thin. During Hurricane Katrina, a lot of police didn't show up for work, because they were protecting their own families.

IWantOffThisTrain

Eternal Optimist
Wonder how Cruises condo will fare. Probably Clays fault for any damage it sustains. I saw an announcement put out by the Miami Org yesterday talking about how they are staying open to help (it was the usual poorly written, less than stellar advise in the face danger CO$ is good at putting out), I'm guessing Flag will put something similar out today.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
I remember some years ago, Ralph Hilton and some other OT's worked to divert a hurricane. Maybe they can divert this one?

phenomanon

Canyon
After experiencing Hurricane Leah they should breeze (sorry, couldn't resist) through Hurricane Irma.

Or not.

:panic::panic::panic::panic::panic:

I had a churchie tell me that Katrina was headed for Clearwater, but the OTs pushed it out into the Gulf.
This person had no awareness of the "Overt" that was done to the people of Louisiana, had such an act been done.