What's new

Marty Rathbun raises his head, and starts squawking PART 2

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
They look great.

Some stupid questions - where would she have gotten the money to set up a bakery store? They are not cheap, at all, to set up. How would she have obtained financing? Neither she nor Marty have jobs from what I know.

Where did she learn to bake commercially? this probably sounds like one of those "duh' questions but knocking out a family recipe for a bundt cake is majorly different from baking many different things commercially - it is why chefs and bakers do apprenticeships or work their way up. This is not something that you just start doing - well not unless you are doing something incredibly specialized - and even then it takes a LONG time to set these things up. Learning to bake well is a long process - my wife is a great baker and makes some great stuff but I doubt that she could sustain a commercial activity with it.

And back, once again - to costs. What is paying for the supplies, the professional grade ovens, the rent the advertizing?
Good questions.

Some random thoughts:

-- She (Monique) would not necessarily have to have the skills to produce such professional bakery products. Why couldn't she have partnered or at least hired a cake-making artiste, perhaps someone who worked in that industry or even owned their own catering business before?
-- The recipes, equipment and actual baking could be provided by a third-party vendor.
-- What's with all the FIVE-STAR glowing reviews? Call me cynical but when I see any business have all 5 stars, VVVVGIs customers--and appx 190 "LIKES" in about 8 weeks (since incorporating), it reminds me of Scientology's "only theta" websites or sudden release of dozens of short Marty Rathbun attack videos that suddenly each mysteriously gained 50K clicks from Malaysia (or wherever that click farm is that Scn uses to lie about its "unprecedented stats". Even the best 5-star restaurants don't always score all 5-star reviews.

All of the above is, of course, pure speculation.

But all that will dramatically change if I start seeing 5-Star Reviews that say things like:

CUSTOMER REVIEW: "Wow, the cake was beyond my wildest dreams! It totally handled my charge on cakes! It was truly an Ideal Cake that created unprecedented levels of wins and we intend to buy MEST cakes from Monique for eternity, on this planet!" -B.Blowdown

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
She could have gotten an inheritance you know - there are lejit ways to come into money.

What does Marty's company do BTW? Mimsey
She could have done, indeed.

But it has been my experience that inheritances are very few and far between. (Alas)

It is , seriously, a bug bear of mine, that I cannot just see things like this and just assume some magical solution. That somehow Marty and Monique just "made it go right".

It just does not work like that - Mike Laws would be an ideal person to talk to on this - he knows far, far more than I do about business and company financing.

There are things I do know - commercial equipment costs a LOT of money. A refrigerator for a food business can easily exceed 5K. Ovens are similarly priced. Learning how to bake takes a lot of time - something i have not seen that Monique has done.

So how did this get sold to investors or banks? I am assuming that they do not have the cash on hand (having just stiffed their lawyers) so it must have been credit of some kind - but how can you get credit for something like this without proven expertise and your own money? No bank in their right mind is going to lend money to someone to start a business that they have no track record in and absolutely no credit standing. If there is such a bank please send me the name of the loan officer there is a bridge in London I wish to buy.

It is just not possible. This whole thing does not make sense

Anonycat

Crusader
She could have done, indeed.

But it has been my experience that inheritances are very few and far between. (Alas)

It is , seriously, a bug bear of mine, that I cannot just see things like this and just assume some magical solution. That somehow Marty and Monique just "made it go right".

It just does not work like that - Mike Laws would be an ideal person to talk to on this - he knows far, far more than I do about business and company financing.

There are things I do know - commercial equipment costs a LOT of money. A refrigerator for a food business can easily exceed 5K. Ovens are similarly priced. Learning how to bake takes a lot of time - something i have not seen that Monique has done.

So how did this get sold to investors or banks? I am assuming that they do not have the cash on hand (having just stiffed their lawyers) so it must have been credit of some kind - but how can you get credit for something like this without proven expertise and your own money? No bank in their right mind is going to lend money to someone to start a business that they have no track record in and absolutely no credit standing. If there is such a bank please send me the name of the loan officer there is a bridge in London I wish to buy.

It is just not possible. This whole thing does not make sense
Under Texas law, she's not allowed commercial equipment. She's using the oven that came with the house. All she needed was some flour, eggs, sugar ... whatever.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who says, that only a single cake will ever leave the "bakery" ?

I mean I know that the Pepsi-distributor of Romania or Bulgaria ran in the 80's a successful business like this:

- there were clean and empty bottles.
- these bottles were filled with water.
- the bottles were not closed (to save money).
- the bottles were boxed.
- the boxes were loaded on a truck.
- the truck left the factory.
- after some minutes the truck arrived at the other door of the factory.
- the boxes were unloaded.
- the bottles were emptied and put in the cleaning machine.
- after leaving the cleaning machine:

- there were clean and empty bottles.
- these bottles were filled with water.

You may ask: "What happened to the Cola-sirup ?"
Oh, this was the successful part of the business: It was sold by the director on the blackmarket and brought him a lot of money.

As I already stated IMHO is this only an alibi-business to be able to declare some profit. Daily invoice: 100 cakes to LA and another 100 cakes to Clearwater. Cool, the Sea-Orgers will be happy if the cakes really arrive there.

Last edited:

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
Under Texas law, she's not allowed commercial equipment. She's using the oven that came with the house. All she needed was some flour, eggs, sugar ... whatever.
Hmm.

I do not know Texas law. I do know the laws of physics - trying to make a commercial baking business using your own oven would not work. I am not sure if you have tried to cook Thanksgiving for your family in your own home but it is something most people would only try once or twice a year. Not every day. The lack of professional washing equipment, tables, counters, refrigerators is daunting.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
..... trying to make a commercial baking business using your own oven would not work.
Who is controlling if one can make DAILY 100 cakes for LA and 100 cakes for Clearwater with his home equipment or not if ona pays the taxes for the profit made with these (imaginary) cakes ? And the invoice for these (imaginery) cakes should be posssible to write on ones (home-)Personal-Computer in ones living room....

Don´t forget that at the time the two companies were registered Ray Jeffrey wanted to know from where the money comes from..... "Oh, it´s 100 cakes for LA and 100 cakes for Clearwater..... daily....."

Last edited:

skep

Patron with Honors
So I went to the newly register homepage of Wimoma.com to see what this company has to offer. Maybe some coffee for the cakes ? Or maybe butter for the rolls ?

The startpage has the title:

Then follows a lot of unimportant "Maaaaty's standard vomit" (which I didn't read). At the left are ads for Maaaatys worthless elaborates and at the bottom of the main page can be found this:

View attachment 13885

Coming soon ? .... Hmmmm, what will come soon ? Curious as I am I clicked the link and here is the answer what will come soon from WIMOMA LLC:

View attachment 13886

Scientology reloaded.... I kill myself laughing.

Marty the COB of Scientology 2.0 ? And maybe Alanzo will become the new prophet ? And "The Oracle" ?
If you really want to see something funny, look at the very amateur source code. Here is a screen shot... take a look at the top couple of lines:

XpCySeO.png

Anonycat

Crusader
Hmm.

I do not know Texas law. I do know the laws of physics - trying to make a commercial baking business using your own oven would not work. I am not sure if you have tried to cook Thanksgiving for your family in your own home but it is something most people would only try once or twice a year. Not every day. The lack of professional washing equipment, tables, counters, refrigerators is daunting.
The link given above your post details what she can and cannot do with a cottage business. She can deliver, or people can come to her house and get cakes, and so on. It's all at the link. I didn't know what the laws regarding cottage business' in Texas were either, so I looked it up.

I'd be shocked if she sold 10 cakes month, with her only advertising being a Facebook page. It is also unlawful to make a "Buy button" on her page, so t's basically word-of-mouth. Like I said in an earlier post, it's the kind of thing suited to the life of a retired grandmother. It's not a career, or money maker.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd be shocked if she sold 10 cakes month, with her only advertising being a Facebook page. It is also unlawful to make a "Buy button" on her page, so t's basically word-of-mouth. Like I said in an earlier post, it's the kind of thing suited to the life of a retired grandmother. It's not a career, or money maker.

Why ? Obviously you don't have much experience with money laundering - it is a "WHITE-money maker"-business:

You don't need to really MAKE 200 cakes daily to WRITE AN INVOICE for 100 of them to LA and 100 of them to Clearwater.... daily. As long as you pay the taxes....

And yes, no one will control WHO bought Maaaaaty's books (maybe 1000 daily ?) from Wimoma....

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
I truly believed in Marty Rathbun back in the day.
I thought his whistleblowing was outstanding.
When he moved to near San Antonio, I sent him this Thomas Kinkade called "Garden of Promise" as housewarming gift.
I thought it symbolized a future of promise...who knows what would happen walking through those gates in the mist.
Recently this rare sold out image sold for $3500.

And I looked back at how Rathbun trashed me for 2 days solid on his blog and on Facebook for days...Of course he kept this Kinkade gift and all the generous cash donations....

So I have concluded that I am generous to a fault and sometimes beyond stupid. Oh well.

Garden.of.Promise.png

Edwardo

Patron with Honors
When he moved to near San Antonio, I sent him this Thomas Kinkade called "Garden of Promise" as housewarming gift.
I thought it symbolized a future of promise...who knows what would happen walking through those gates in the mist.

And I looked back at how Rathbun trashed me for 2 days solid on his blog and on Facebook for days...Of course he kept this Kinkade gift and all the generous cash donations....

So I have concluded that I am generous to a fault and sometimes beyond stupid. Oh well.

Garden.of.Promise.png

Articles on Marty’s blog, back in its heyday, were what woke me ( and a lot of others) up.

Realizing what I’d been caught up in gave me the impetus to do a kind of spring clean of my life. My life is far better because I finally knew enough to walk away.

So I’m very grateful for your support of Marty and his blog at that time, and yet I also feel a distinct disappointment and sadness for the way he turned on you.

Thank you, Karen.

HelluvaHoax!

Originally Posted by Mick Wenlock

Mike Laws would be an ideal person to talk to on this - he knows far, far more than I do about business and company financing.
Hey, just because we talk about riding Harley's, that's not reason you couldn't have asked me. LOL. I've been setting up businesses and funding them (myself or with partners/investors) for 4 decades, so I might know a few tricks, lol.

This assumes they have undertaken doing the baking themselves rather than outsourcing it. Many companies have traditionally outsourced their production rather than take on massive overhead and investments in factories, production facilities, assembly/fulfillment functions---and in recent years, the trend of using "virtual" execs/facilities has spiked upwards.

So how did this get sold to investors or banks? I am assuming that they do not have the cash on hand (having just stiffed their lawyers) so it must have been credit of some kind - but how can you get credit for something like this without proven expertise and your own money? No bank in their right mind is going to lend money to someone to start a business that they have no track record in and absolutely no credit standing. If there is such a bank please send me the name of the loan officer there is a bridge in London I wish to buy. It is just not possible. This whole thing does not make sense

Many scenarios are possible here.

-- How did it get sold to investors or banks:
ANSWER: It didn't get sold to banks. Banks have zero interest in being venture capitalists and speculating on unproven ideas or start ups.
ANSWER: If a bank loaned them funding, it was only because they (or another party on their behalf) pledged considerable collateral with a well established market value (e.g. real estate, CDs, etc) And depending on the liquidity of that asset, the bank would calculate the discount. (e.g. we will loan you 35% of the equity in your home). Hate to get too technical, but even traditional banking/lending institutions now have new regulatory oversights that require the borrower meet certain "suitability standards" of income, solvency and credit standing EVEN IF THE BANK AND CUSTOMER WANT TO DO THE LOAN. In other words, lending institutions are prohibited from making loans that don't conform with the regulatory requirements.
ANSWER: It is always conceivable that they could have attracted "investors" into their new venture by offering them equity in the deal or an attractive rate of interest or both. Typically that would be a "friends and family" round of "angel investors" who would have high hopes but usually no real understanding of the risks--and they would most often lose all their money. Could they have attracted investors for a few hundred thousand? Sure, why not? People invest in all kinds of freakishly stupid things every day. LOL
ANSWER: Tens of thousands of startup ventures get going every year and some few of of them struggle and cope and hustle and somehow figure out how to get going without having "ready funding". That is test #1 for any entrepreneur.

CONCLUSION: There is no reason at all Monique could not have started a baking business without COS settlement money. Many things point to settlement money, but even without that any adult with their senses about them and a semi-sound idea could at least START a business and get it going by scrapping together the bare minimum resources/finances. If I was guessing (as if my life depended on it) I'd guess that the Rathbuns got a fat cash settlement. But if I was on a jury where the standard of proof was "beyond a reasonable doubt" I'd have to cast a vote for not guilty.

HelluvaHoax!

Garden.of.Promise.png
What a lovely gift and what magnificent generosity that you supported Rathbun's activities (in part) with multiple cash endowments!

There's a reason that Marty turned around that stabbed you in the back and made a vicious mockery of every kind and wonderful thing you did to help him.

REASON: Because Marty is what Marty would call a "punk", "hater" and "SP". He just never calls himself that, so this post is donated free of charge to help him reach "full conceptual understanding".

HelluvaHoax!

Hmm.

Of course you are right about a commercial baking business.

But, I have known individuals who ran BOUTIQUE (niche or small scale) baking businesses out of their home.

It all depends on the volume of production.

All I know is that if I knew a cake/cookie was made by anyone partnered and/or living with a lying, narcissistic, vengeful, destructive sociopath like Marty Rathbun, I wouldn't eat it. Seriously.

HelluvaHoax!

The link given above your post details what she can and cannot do with a cottage business. She can deliver, or people can come to her house and get cakes, and so on. It's all at the link. I didn't know what the laws regarding cottage business' in Texas were either, so I looked it up.

Exactly.

Or, unless (very, very rare exception) you are someone like Debbi Fields who had a "home-baked" idea (cookies) that went mad-viral, after which she built a retail/wholesale empire around it.

mrsfields.jpg

In the 70s she baked and pitched her idea everywhere, trying to raise or borrow some money. Eventually she was able to find a lending source that would let her borrow some money at 21 percent interest.