What's new

Portland Mission --> Portland Org, 80 --> 90

WhatWall

Silver Meritorious Patron
At various times I was Estates Mgr, Receptionist, TTC, Auditor, DED for D&E.
Slightly off topic, but do you know anything about the current condition of Portland Org? I know someone on lines there and they tell me it's a very laid back org. Didn't realize that there's such a thing as a "laid back org", so am curious. My friend tells me that everything is very low key and the staff don't push parishioners to make donos. Does that agree with your experiences there or is this something new?

Koot

Patron with Honors
Slightly off topic, but do you know anything about the current condition of Portland Org? I know someone on lines there and they tell me it's a very laid back org. Didn't realize that there's such a thing as a "laid back org", so am curious. My friend tells me that everything is very low key and the staff don't push parishioners to make donos. Does that agree with your experiences there or is this something new?
I have been off lines and out of the area since 1990 and declared since about 93. No contact from the orgs Ptlf, Ptld Celeb Ctr.since then, hence no data. Sorry. You part of their "field". In good standing?

WhatWall

I have been off lines and out of the area since 1990 and declared since about 93. No contact from the orgs Ptlf, Ptld Celeb Ctr.since then, hence no data. Sorry. You part of their "field". In good standing?
Yes, so far. They are still enamored of "the Tech" and haven't yet personally witnessed any injustices.

Koot

Patron with Honors
Yes, so far. They are still enamored of "the Tech" and haven't yet personally witnessed any injustices.
\
"The Tech" ? What "Tech" are you talking about? When I was on staff through the 80s there was plenty of injustices, I guess those folks are mostly gone now or are the ones doing it.

WhatWall

\
"The Tech" ? What "Tech" are you talking about? When I was on staff through the 80s there was plenty of injustices, I guess those folks are mostly gone now or are the ones doing it.
Well, you and I know the tech is fraudulent but this person is still drinking the kool-aid.

I wonder if Portland Org is forced to be more laid back by the Portland culture. Personally I've never seen a laid back org. All the ones I've seen were pretty ruthless under that thin veneer of faked friendliness.

Koot

Patron with Honors
Well, you and I know the tech is fraudulent but this person is still drinking the kool-aid.

I wonder if Portland Org is forced to be more laid back by the Portland culture. Personally I've never seen a laid back org. All the ones I've seen were pretty ruthless under that thin veneer of faked friendliness.
The Tech I remember was pretty workable and used to the benefit of myself and others. I am sure it can be faked or mis-used to a bad effect or no effect.

WhatWall

The Tech I remember was pretty workable and used to the benefit of myself and others. I am sure it can be faked or mis-used to a bad effect or no effect.
I enjoyed the Grades and NED, and found them beneficial. After that it gets pretty wonky.

I was an educated PC. My auditor required that I study the materials of each action so that I had a basic understanding of them. I realized that my job as a PC was to, under the direction of my auditor, look at things that were hidden from me so that I would no longer be affected by them. I didn't care about past lives, space opera or OT powers. I just wanted to uncover things hidden.

Too bad that the early part of the Bridge is cheese in a trap. Some of that cheese was very good.

Sorry to de-rail your thread.

Koot

Patron with Honors
I enjoyed the Grades and NED, and found them beneficial. After that it gets pretty wonky.

I was an educated PC. My auditor required that I study the materials of each action so that I had a basic understanding of them. I realized that my job as a PC was to, under the direction of my auditor, look at things that were hidden from me so that I would no longer be affected by them. I didn't care about past lives, space opera or OT powers. I just wanted to uncover things hidden.

Too bad that the early part of the Bridge is cheese in a trap. Some of that cheese was very good.

Sorry to de-rail your thread.
Derail? No derailing here. Glad to have a conversation without all the raging ser-facs that are rampant on this site. I personally think the grades are just as important if not more than the OT levels. Looks to me like the grades dramos are how we got here in the first place. Imagine an OT dramatizing their ser-facs!!! Sound familiar? I only got up to Gr0 myself but trained to Cl IV , HSSC,FPRD, KTL, Pro TRs (with clay) , LOC. After that my confront and understanding and stability about life in general was out the roof comparatively.Good for you and your auditor for getting you to study the data first. Per LRH, HALF of you case gain comes from training. Have you thought about more auditing or training? There is the freezone.

WhatWall

Derail? No derailing here. Glad to have a conversation without all the raging ser-facs that are rampant on this site. I personally think the grades are just as important if not more than the OT levels. Looks to me like the grades dramos are how we got here in the first place. Imagine an OT dramatizing their ser-facs!!! Sound familiar? I only got up to Gr0 myself but trained to Cl IV , HSSC,FPRD, KTL, Pro TRs (with clay) , LOC. After that my confront and understanding and stability about life in general was out the roof comparatively.Good for you and your auditor for getting you to study the data first. Per LRH, HALF of you case gain comes from training. Have you thought about more auditing or training? There is the freezone.
No, I'm done with Scientology. I don't trust the processes beyond NED. Ultimately, how can one trust a path that is at least partly based on the founder's accumulation of wealth? Perhaps the workable portions of Scientology can someday (or already have been) extracted, but I haven't seen such or the resulting OTs. The most aware and "OT" people I've personally known aren't/weren't Scientologists.

I may eventually follow another path. I had out-of-body experiences prior to my involvement with Scientology and some powerful experiences with meditation. Beyond NED I think that Hubbard was running his case on us. I believe there are other paths truly rooted in compassion and a genuine intention to free the individual. Right now I'm taking a break from spiritual pursuits, other than the seeking of wisdom, to enjoy life with my family.

Last edited:

Victoria

Patron Meritorious
I was on staff in the Austin org in the 80’s.
It was very laid back.
Of course I’d come from the crazy assed sleep 10 hours a week mission in Dallas.
But still, no screaming insanity... none.
The ED of Austin org was the most handsome man in the world though. My god, all women WANTED to be his slaves lol.
He was married and appeared to have his ‘ ethics in’ however;)
Can’t even remember his name now.
What a doll!

Koot

Patron with Honors
No, I'm done with Scientology. I don't trust the processes beyond NED. Ultimately, how can one trust a path that is at least partly based on the founder's accumulation of wealth? Perhaps the workable portions of Scientology can someday (or already have been) extracted, but I haven't seen such or the resulting OTs. The most aware and "OT" people I've personally known aren't/weren't Scientologists.

I may eventually follow another path. I had out-of-body experiences prior to my involvement with Scientology and some powerful experiences with meditation. Beyond NED I think that Hubbard was running his case on us. I believe there are other paths truly rooted in compassion and a genuine intention to free the individual. Right now I'm taking a break from spiritual pursuits, other than the seeking of wisdom, to enjoy life with my family.
Righteeoo!! Good luck and bright future to you and yours !