What's new

Fair Gamed by Scientologists in the Boston area

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I did try to contact the Church of Scientology to determine if this stalking was coming from them, but it appeared my emails got intercepted by a hacker. If you are interested I could remove my identifying information and post the exchange. It wasn't going anywhere anyway.
Orgs are not going to respond to emails from people on their "enemies" lists. I can see Scientology being very skittish about emails. An email is harder to disavow, especially if your email provider shows it as having originated from their IP address.

All I learned is that each church is incorporated independently, so there is no such thing as "The Church of Scientology", there are only particular churches of Scientology. The subtext is that you can't sue "The Church", you have to sue "The church of Boston" and then you have to sue "The church of Seattle" and so on and so on. This makes it more difficult to prosecute Scientologists as a group, which isn't really where I was going with the discussion anyway.
Well, yes and no. While each org is incorporated separately, it's fairly well established that the international hierarchy exercises control over the supposedly "independent" orgs. But you are correct about the difficulty in suing them in court. What they will do is drag the case out for years, spending $millions in order to force YOU to spend money until you run out of money and have to drop the case.

The reason they will spend 10 times the money on lawyers, as the amount in dispute, is that the survival of Scientology depends on lawyers seeing suing Scn as a money-loser. Otherwise, there would be THOUSANDS of lawsuits springing up, once the dam was breached.

It would be different if you were able to get some investigative reporter, or Leah Remini's team, interested in the story, especially if you could document the Scn connections of these fake buyers. The prospect of some news organization doing a segment on the lengths to which Scn will go, in order to harass "enemies", would freak OSA out. They would run away rather than let that happen.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
yes, many are missing from that list. some are put with initials, i just realized the truth website is run by someone against scientology. so brave. Thanks to that person

also, my guess is that approx 18,000 members is just about all that theyve got, if you believe its more , your still brainwashed by all their false propaganda. they lie through their teeth.

Last edited:

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I did try to contact the Church of Scientology to determine if this stalking was coming from them, but it appeared my emails got intercepted by a hacker. If you are interested I could remove my identifying information and post the exchange. It wasn't going anywhere anyway. All I learned is that each church is incorporated independently, so there is no such thing as "The Church of Scientology", there are only particular churches of Scientology. The subtext is that you can't sue "The Church", you have to sue "The church of Boston" and then you have to sue "The church of Seattle" and so on and so on. This makes it more difficult to prosecute Scientologists as a group, which isn't really where I was going with the discussion anyway.
Honestly, from what you've said I don't see any reason why any Scientologist would be Fair Gaming you, at least for Scientology reasons. Gang stalking and gaslighting have become cultural phenomenons on their own and one thing this thread does sort of make one wonder is how Scientology would be the perfect cover for a gaslighting project. How devious would it be to pretend you are conducting Scientology fair gaming as a gaslighting?

In either case, you are correct in that the COS deliberately structures their organization with complicated corporate firewalls to limit discovery and liability. It's enough to make any mafia green with envy. Jeffrey runs down a litany of summary points here including a graphic of their "Fair Gaming Org Board". He has another chart showing the upper management strata which is also extremely enlightening. Most public, and indeed, even non-SO and SO staff have very little understanding of the strata above Flag Management Bureau and Continental Liaison Orgs. The Green Vols/Policy Letters that public and most staff see are really only relevant at the Flag Management level on down and even then so conflicting that they run in circles and cannibalize themselves. Above that it's very arbitrary and difficult to know who holds what post and who is calling the shots. That is why a couple of people dressed up in SO uniforms could walk out of the Copenhagen AO with the OT Levels. Their fabian strategy works so well it even works on themselves. That must drive Miscavige crazy. With all their paranoia and machinations to avoid infiltration, all of their obsessive administrative training and indoctrination has the same potential to create the ultimate enemy as it does the perfect drone. The only way they can minimize that risk is to increase the vetting of public and staff so only trusted true believers gain access to damaging information and to limit the sheer number of people with access. It used to be a fairly open new age type movement but I have to think that the paranoia hits new comers very quick and heavy now. That in itself is going to severely limit expansion. You need lots of fresh blood, free flowing communications and trust to expand.

https://scientologymoneyproject.com...s-that-get-to-the-center-of-a-dying-movement/

(Authored by Jeffrey Augustine, this essay was originally published by Tony Ortega at the Underground Bunker and is reprinted here for archival purposes)

1: What is the Church of Scientology?

Technically speaking, there is no single entity known as the “Church of Scientology.” As the organization told the IRS, the term “Church of Scientology” is one of convenience referring to all of the churches in the Scientology hierarchy:

(Snipped)

“Flag” (the Flag Service Organization in Clearwater, Florida) is a separate Scientology church, as is the Religious Technology Center, the Church of Spiritual Technology, and so on. All Scientology churches are legally separate.

(snipped)

Rusty

Patron
I think you may be right. This doesn't seem to be an official Scientology fair gaming. Someone is clearly using their Scientology connections to try to get at me.

The buyers and inspectors and everyone showed up and did an extremely thorough job at inspecting the house. The inspector was very professional and knowledgeable and the new owners were very nice and no one damaged anything. And I still believe these are Scientology families. And someone else that bought another property from us at one time is a Scientologist, and he has been very nice and friendly. So, if what is being said here is true, and I was on some sort of official list, none of these people would want to have anything to do with me. Everyone would avoid me. Correct?

If the general Scientology community is not upset with me, then it is possible that this is stemming from some long standing dysfunctional family relationships, perhaps even caused by my parents divorce. And since I now know that there are Scientologists on both sides of the family tree, it is possible that it is people in contact with some members of my family who hate me that are causing me trouble, and these people and their friends just happen to be connected to Scientology. So I end up with lots of Scientologists causing me problems as favors for my family. Just a theory.

For all I know they might be under the misunderstanding that my parent's divorce was caused by Scientology, although that wasn't the case. I'm still lost as to why this has happened and am still looking for clues. But there are lots of complicated relationships in my family. And this dynamic makes things even more complicated.

And I'm still a little freaked out by how many people around me have been Scientologists, but never said anything. It had to be some sort of conspiracy or agreement, but I don't understand why. Am I the one person on the planet that Scientology didn't want? Have I been determined a lost cause? Is my IQ too low?

So strange.

I'm starting to question my family now to see what I can find out. No one seems to want to talk about it. No one will admit that they have anything to do with Scientology. But I've found proof that they do. Why would they not want me to know? Why not talk about it?

If things get weird again I'll post an update.

Thanks,
Rusty

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
I'm starting to question my family now to see what I can find out. No one seems to want to talk about it. No one will admit that they have anything to do with Scientology. But I've found proof that they do. Why would they not want me to know? Why not talk about it?
Are you a psychologist or psychiatrist?

Scientologists believe that 'Psych's' came from another planet and are responsible for all the evil in our universe. And their profession needs to be destroyed.

Rusty

Patron
No, no one in my family is a psychologist or psychiatrist. But that's interesting. Maybe they are confusing psychiatrists with politicians.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I think you may be right. This doesn't seem to be an official Scientology fair gaming. Someone is clearly using their Scientology connections to try to get at me.

The buyers and inspectors and everyone showed up and did an extremely thorough job at inspecting the house. The inspector was very professional and knowledgeable and the new owners were very nice and no one damaged anything. And I still believe these are Scientology families. And someone else that bought another property from us at one time is a Scientologist, and he has been very nice and friendly. So, if what is being said here is true, and I was on some sort of official list, none of these people would want to have anything to do with me. Everyone would avoid me. Correct?

If the general Scientology community is not upset with me, then it is possible that this is stemming from some long standing dysfunctional family relationships, perhaps even caused by my parents divorce. And since I now know that there are Scientologists on both sides of the family tree, it is possible that it is people in contact with some members of my family who hate me that are causing me trouble, and these people and their friends just happen to be connected to Scientology. So I end up with lots of Scientologists causing me problems as favors for my family. Just a theory.

For all I know they might be under the misunderstanding that my parent's divorce was caused by Scientology, although that wasn't the case. I'm still lost as to why this has happened and am still looking for clues. But there are lots of complicated relationships in my family. And this dynamic makes things even more complicated.

And I'm still a little freaked out by how many people around me have been Scientologists, but never said anything. It had to be some sort of conspiracy or agreement, but I don't understand why. Am I the one person on the planet that Scientology didn't want? Have I been determined a lost cause? Is my IQ too low?

So strange.

If things get weird again I'll post an update.

Thanks,
Rusty

Rusty,

Re the bolded lines above ... Even prior to the exposure of the cult (in the last 10 years or so) many of us chose not to be 'out' as scientologists ... I was very careful because deep down I was appalled (at myself) for getting dragged in and wanted it all to just go away ... a kind of protection mechanism kicked in I suppose.

Now that the world and his dog knows how the cult really operates I imagine there would be many more members quietly cringing in their lounge rooms and wishing they had never become involved, just as I did.

I'm mentioning this in case it helps you to work out what exactly is going on and why people who may be involved don't want to admit it.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
I agree that no one, in scientology or out likes to admit that they are one. When I was in, I spent my lifetime hiding it for the public and then out for an equal amount of time with same, hiding that I was ever associated.

Rusty

Patron
Just a follow up. The stalking continues, and I'm not sure why. It doesn't seem that they want anything from me, other than if they can stalk me, they will stalk me. And not just me, my sisters and mother too.

It appears to have to do with Synanon and Synanon offshoots (such as Phoenix House, etc.). And there seems to be some crossover between Synanon and Scientology, and it is only at those points that Scientologists become involved. I can see the connections of the two groups clearly through social media and by tracing family lines. I've never been involved in either of these groups. I've never done drugs and am only addicted to chocolate.

This does seem to be connected to my father to some degree, and my stepmother. He was an attorney and I don't know if he ever tried any cases for or against members of Synanon. I have one family member on my mother's side who was at Synanon in LA, and involved with Synanon members, but I have a good relationship with him and his connections don't match up to the stalkers.

I'll move this discussion over to a Synanon forum, and will post a link here if there is anything of interest.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Flora

Patron
Rusty, what is Synanon? I've never heard of that company before.

Jim Dandy- you suggest she seek psychological help. Does this mean you think she's invented this story (lying) or that she's delusional?

IMO, (coming from someone not involved with scientology, but having experienced various types of harassment over the last approx. 4 years) I would guess that she is not delusional, but I wouldn't rule out a fabricated story.

What I'm hearing on this thread from people who have been in Scientology, is that it's very unusual for scientology to harass someone who has never been a member (even if they have family connections.)

But, there are other groups who do harass people who have never been directly involved with them - specifically alt-right groups. These groups have become more widespread over the last few years, and have become more brazen in their harassment.
Google "alt-right" harassment. It's pretty scary stuff.

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
even less than that, a dropcam connects to the cloud via Nest and is about $100 and there is even cheaper out there.
You can get these on Ebay for under $10, they're $50 on a made for TV ad. They are motion detected and usually have sound. I just ordered this one and havn't tried it yet, the point being is that you can catch them red handed if you are savvy enough.
Mini Motion Detector Camera

Rusty

Patron
Conclusion:
Ok, I think I have a theory about what happened.

This fair gaming seems to have begun around the same time my father was involved in a legal case where the outcome did not turn out well for the client. I believe the client's family may have become angry.

One (it looks like two, but one for sure) members of the client's extended family works for CAN. I suspect these individuals had the ability to connect with key Scientologists and spin them up. Tracing the connections of some of the people involved in CAN leads me to believe that the names involved in the court document are not a coincidence to the people who have been fair gaming me. And the timing is too perfect. So, this is my current theory.

I'm not sure if anyone ever believed we were Scientologists, or just didn't care. This fair gaming has extended to people in other organizations in which these same families are involved. And it seems the stories certain individuals were told have changed over time.

I don't think there was anything linking this legal case to Scientology before the fair gaming started and I don't know if there really is anything about Scientology specifically involved in the case. It does not seem by the court documents I was able to obtain, that it has much to do with Scientology other than the families involved.

For the record, my sisters and I never joined Scientology. From what I have read about Scientology, my older sister and I would have been suppressives as she had pediatric cancer and I was born with a birth defect (not an obvious one). We've never attended any auditing sessions. We have also never spoken out about the religion, and tend to be very liberal in our politics. I have also never been asked to join Scientology.

I still am unable to say for certain if my father ever officially joined Scientology or was just part of a trusted group. Family members deny he was a Scientologist. My father took great pains to keep the confidentiality of his clients, and he didn't even tell us who his clients were, so I can't really make a conclusion based on his client base. And the only way I can tell who is and isn't a Scientologist is by looking at information publicly available on the internet. I have no special knowledge.

I have reason to believe the authorities are already involved in this case.

For the record, I never worked in my father's office and don't know any details other than what is publicly available on the internet. I never spoke about business or work issues with my father. I will also not be revealing the name of the client out of respect for confidentiality.

So, yes-- it is possible to end up being fair gamed by Scientology while never having joined Scientology and never saying anything negative about the religion. I guess I'm a suppressive to certain individuals within Scientology.

And I'm sorry things went badly in this legal case, for both families.

I am posting first and reading late but I just wanted to let you know. The world is run by weirdos and is full of them. That you saw one of them is not exceptional. Also I note, weirdos seem to cross all social, economic, and racial lines.