What's new

I quit CoS

rizbash

Patron
Hello to all at ESMB.

I quit CoS just recently :) .

I concluded based on my observations and experiences that I am not going to gain anything from the church of scientology, though I still like scientology and scientology still makes sense to me (as much as I've studied so far.) But I took a very long time to realize what's going on in the "church".

Anyway, I am glad that I'm out.

emerald

duddins

Patron Meritorious
Well congratulations and welcome! :happydance:

When you are ready we'd love to hear how your decision evolved.

No rush...just kick back, make yourself comfortable and enjoy the very diverse company!

:aliengreeting:

Hello to all at ESMB.

I concluded based on my observations and experiences that I am not going to gain anything from the church of scientology, though I still like scientology and scientology still makes sense to me (as much as I've studied so far.) But I took a very long time to realize what's going on in the "church".

emerald

Pixie

Crusader
Hello to all at ESMB.

emerald

Welcome Emerald! Love the name, are you Irish? :D Good for you for coming to that desicion. I look forward to reading more of your posts.. :yes:

:welcome2:

EP - Ethics Particle

Gold Meritorious Patron
An echo...

Welcome to ESMB Emerald! :happydance:

Welcome to the outside world, may you find peace and joy!

Emerald! (like 'em better'n diamonds!)

Woke up, huh! :whistling: About time :melodramatic: NOW! Check out the party plans on Emma's "Party" thread and prepare for a REAL rocket ride. :coolwink:

Roy, the EP's EP

Wisened One

Crusader
:welcome2: Emerald! So glad you joined us:)

It took me and hubby a long time to realize the Co$ was corrupt, too.

(NINE years, this AFTER we left 4 yrs on Staff?!) :duh:

Be we've been out for four years now and life is soooo much better now, more free!

For now, just enjoy being *out*, read the stories here, they are soooo helpful!

Would love to hear more of your experiences whenever you're ready.

Michelle

Last edited:

rich

Silver Meritorious Patron
Yeah Emerald, welcome. You and Div6's music make us happy. Have you done much reading yet? Have fuunnnnnnn :)

rizbash

Patron
Wow! Thank you all for the welcome. So many responses just in a day!

To answer some of the questions, I was associated with the CoS for 10 years following the 5 years of yearning for it. I had read Dianetics about 5 years earlier, and there was no group of Dianetics anywhere close to my place in my country, and I was a college student then.

I was only a public here, never a staff.

I do not like to be specific about my experiences (at least not yet.) Whatever happened is not very unusual in the church. From the normal comm cycles that take place in the church, I feel that I am not going to gain anything in the church. If I remain with the CoS, it probably has to be for the same reason why a christian remains in Christianity, and a jew remains with Judaism, and a muslim sticks with Islam, and a democrat is a democrat and a republican is a republican. If that has to be the reason to remain with CoS, I would have still remained with whatever I had before Scientology - I wouldn't have been open minded to see what is right and what is wrong in an unbiased manner and found that Dianetics is very right. I did not come to Scientology because I had no other religion or group I belonged to, to begin with, but in order to achieve the goal laid out in Dianetics. Religion is not what I wanted.

A few such comm cycles recently indicate to me that I can't think freely in the CoS; and even if I do, I can't express them without getting into trouble. Such an organization can't possibly help me. However, I decided to quit not due to one or a few recent incidents, but due to the cumulative experience of all my time in the church. I had disagreements with many things right when I started with the CoS, but I ignored them telling myself that an organization that provides Dianetics can never be wrong and these disagreements will go away with time. That's how much Dianetics had impressed me. I was wrong.

I still keep my goal of spiritual progress and I will work towards it.

Pixie, No, I am not Irish. Emerald is a random user id I chose, because I wanted to be unidentifiable for now.

I signed up on this forum last month, and have been reading many posts. I see that there are some (or many?) old timers here and who are very knowledgable in Scientology - I like that.

I don't know how to respond with quotes of previous posts yet. I need to browse around this forum and learn.

Wow! Thank you all for the welcome. So many responses just in a day!

To answer some of the questions, I was associated with the CoS for 10 years following the 5 years of yearning for it. I had read Dianetics about 5 years earlier, and there was no group of Dianetics anywhere close to my place in my country, and I was a college student then.

I was only a public here, never a staff.

I do not like to be specific about my experiences (at least not yet.) Whatever happened is not very unusual in the church. From the normal comm cycles that take place in the church, I feel that I am not going to gain anything in the church. If I remain with the CoS, it probably has to be for the same reason why a christian remains in Christianity, and a jew remains with Judaism, and a muslim sticks with Islam, and a democrat is a democrat and a republican is a republican. If that has to be the reason to remain with CoS, I would have still remained with whatever I had before Scientology - I wouldn't have been open minded to see what is right and what is wrong in an unbiased manner and found that Dianetics is very right. I did not come to Scientology because I had no other religion or group I belonged to, to begin with, but in order to achieve the goal laid out in Dianetics. Religion is not what I wanted.

A few such comm cycles recently indicate to me that I can't think freely in the CoS; and even if I do, I can't express them without getting into trouble. Such an organization can't possibly help me. However, I decided to quit not due to one or a few recent incidents, but due to the cumulative experience of all my time in the church. I had disagreements with many things right when I started with the CoS, but I ignored them telling myself that an organization that provides Dianetics can never be wrong and these disagreements will go away with time. That's how much Dianetics had impressed me. I was wrong.

I still keep my goal of spiritual progress and I will work towards it.

Pixie, No, I am not Irish. Emerald is a random user id I chose, because I wanted to be unidentifiable for now.

I signed up on this forum last month, and have been reading many posts. I see that there are some (or many?) old timers here and who are very knowledgable in Scientology - I like that.

I don't know how to respond with quotes of previous posts yet. I need to browse around this forum and learn.

Welcome.

If you haven't already, you'll find out now that you are out that there are numerous places you can have access to auditing tech. And generally speaking on much "freer terms" than in the Co$. Some of these are very "traditional", some are "enhanced".

You will also likely discover that there are numerous offshoots, & derivatives of scientology as well as other spiritual technologies available for furthering your interest in spiritual enhancement.

Many of the posters on ESMB continue to pursue some form of personal spiritual enhancement and are quite knowledgeable about their own preferred practice.

Mark A. Baker

rizbash

Patron
Thanks Mark. I am aware of Freezone for the past few years. Now I see that there are other derivatives of scientology, like you said.

Is Knowledgism has anything to do with scientology? Or has its founder been a scientologist before?

Some of the threads in this forum are very interesting. There is just so much to know here.