What's new

Who is Alan?

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I'm not sure that most of you would be aware who the member "Alan" is.

We are very fortunate to have him as a member because he is probably the greatest source of information on this planet with regards to LRH, the formation of the tech, the mission holders debarcle, the expansion of Scientology in the 60s etc etc. You name it - he was there.

I'll let Alan tell you more about himself as he wants to. But to give you an idea of what I mean, he was Clear #8! He also is a member of the critic "hall of fame" with his own entry on Scientology's DA website - Religious Freedom Watch.

Do a google search http://www.google.com.au/search?q="...f&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-23,GGLG:en&start=10&sa=N and read up on him so you can ask him some curly questions. He has some great stories and I'd love to get him talking.

Alan also founded the very successful "Knowledgism". http://www.knowledgism.com/

Cheers,

Emma

jodie

Patron with Honors
Ah, thank you!!!!

Thanks for that!!!! There was another Alan I knew, also a big deal, but I didn't vibe so well with him. But THIS Alan, now that is a different story. He is wonderful, one of my favourite people!

You are right, we are extremely lucky to have him here - most of the really big league players very seldom hang out on the net - there were some really major people out on the net a decade ago, but you see very few of them nowadays, so this is wonderful.

Looking forward to some real quality conversations!!!!!!!!! Yes!!!!!

- jodie

UMike

Patron with Honors
Damn Emma. You got Sten & Alan over here....in less than one week.....
What the hell..are you doing- baking cookies for them or what...? :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
When I first left the CoS and found IRC, Alan was a regular chatter and he and I got on really well. He helped me in ways he wouldn't even realise. I loved talking to him and probably drove him nuts with my ceaseless questions.

Gordon Bell was also around a lot at the time, but I doubt we'll ever see him make an appearance. I still chat him him sometimes on IRC as well.

Both these guys are amazing to talk to about Scn. They were there - right there with LRH in the beginning.

Sten has been really supportive to me though this whole project. I had quite a number of false starts and he hung in there encouraging and offering help and advice where he could. He was been a good friend and I appreciate it :) .

I would bake them cookies if I could, I adore them both.

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
oh THAT alan!

Heh.

Yes we are very fortunate. And I have been fortunate enuf to call Alan my friend since 1967. I respect him because has been consistant in his individuality despite overwelming group pressure to conform to norms he rejects.

He's now pedlling his own brand of (non oily) rub-on enlightenment. I wish him all the best.

If you're ever out this way, Alan. Be sure to drop in. All the furniture is oversized.

Dennis

I'm not sure that most of you would be aware who the member "Alan" is.

We are very fortunate to have him as a member because he is probably the greatest source of information on this planet with regards to LRH, the formation of the tech, the mission holders debarcle, the expansion of Scientology in the 60s etc etc. You name it - he was there.

I'll let Alan tell you more about himself as he wants to. But to give you an idea of what I mean, he was Clear #8! He also is a member of the critic "hall of fame" with his own entry on Scientology's DA website - Religious Freedom Watch.

Do a google search http://www.google.com.au/search?q="...f&rls=GGLG,GGLG:2005-23,GGLG:en&start=10&sa=N and read up on him so you can ask him some curly questions. He has some great stories and I'd love to get him talking.

Alan also founded the very successful "Knowledgism". http://www.knowledgism.com/

Cheers,

Emma

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks Dennis!

Few know Dennis, but he was the best Qual Sec, Cramming Officer I ever had the pleasure of hating. :)

Long ago I got past the point of winning in life.....so what could drive me forward?

I found my go button......MASTERY.....taking a subject or area into mastery.

Dennis helped me tremendously to raise my levels of mastery.

Back in 1973, I had the choices of many Orgs to send my newbie, wannabe auditors to be trained, because Dennis was at the LA Org, I chose that Org., I sent over 250 people to be trained Class IV, XDN auditors.

He did a great job......

He is not just a friend....he's a true, great friend as he will kick-ass if he observes it is needed.

Alan
________

Last edited by a moderator:

tarbaby

Patron with Honors
And you know it's funny Alan, but you have been present in my life at key moments that elevated.

This being one of them, I think.

Be well, my friend.
Dennis

Heh... Had figured out who Alan was a little while ago. I love the way he writes, actually. He strikes me as someone who writes as easily as he would speak in public. What's really cool here is that we now have proof positive that the EXSCN board has it's first instance of accomplishing it's stated goal: tarbaby, Dennis and Allan have hooked up and are saying hello! Way to go, gang! :cool:

(Addendum: And I just happen to mention Clear #8 in post number 8 of the thread [Twilight Zone Music]

Last edited: