What's new

IAS WINS

SCIOS have been on a serious mission to reg like mad...and they have.
In one week alone they have raised over a couple million dollars in one org alone...supposedly. Just wanted to share that info in case no one knew.

In one week alone they have raised over a couple million dollars in one org alone...supposedly. Just wanted to share that info in case no one knew.

Maybe they could toss the Greensboro, NC Org fifty bucks or so to get their phone turned back on.

Feral

Rogue male

Hey Norma,thanks for the data, whenever they do this it's to fight the evil SPs that are......(fill in the blank)

So, what is the reg line at this time? Can you tell us?

Carmel

Crusader
I have heard that Melbourne raised $2mill, but I don't believe it.

Last weekend ( a week ago) there was another "all hands" and all the staff were reg'ing for the IAS.

The 'lie' and 'line' they were using was "There's just been a law passed In South Australia where a child can be committed to a psych hospital without the parents permission, and Victoria is next!"

We followed this up, to find that there was no such law passed. There had only been one law amended, and that was one in relation to a situation where parents or guardians weren't available and a "life saving" decision for surgery or something had to made.

They were using this BS to get money out of people last weekend, and folks were buying it, but I bet they didn't make the $2mill that they said they made, not in Melbourne anyway.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
When will this bs be stopped? This shit ruins people's lives. The fact that these people can just lie and put other's financial security totally at risk is nauseating. And I'm speaking form experience. Why don't governments step in? I'm almost ready to start believing the conspiracy theories as to why nothing is done.

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron
Falsified Stats are False.

Liars with Money are Liars.

:clap: 2 Million Clams cannot be wrong!!
Except when 2 Million is really 59 Thousand..
The under-dog is hoped for, but the perceived winner is followed.
Perception is easily fooled.
:clap:

Feral

Rogue male

Last weekend ( a week ago) there was another "all hands" and all the staff were reg'ing for the IAS.

The 'lie' and 'line' they were using was "There's just been a law passed In South Australia where a child can be committed to a psych hospital without the parents permission, and Victoria is next!"

We followed this up, to find that there was no such law passed. There had only been one law amended, and that was one in relation to a situation where parents or guardians weren't available and a "life saving" decision for surgery or something had to made.

They were using this BS to get money out of people last weekend, and folks were buying it, but I bet they didn't make the $2mill that they said they made, not in Melbourne anyway.

Un-bloody-believable. Isn't it funny that you had the nous to verify the line, but the faithful just paid!.

I would have done the same as them when I was still in. Tragic.

It's now a very expensive lie.

It could not be a $2 million lie, no IAS event I ever heard of raised even close to that. The most we ever saw raised was $120,000.

Mystic

Crusader
What? The cult of self-implantation lies? Amazing. Next thing you know there will be a "Freezone" which isn't.

TalleyWhacker

Patron with Honors

That's such a crock you're eyes are turning brown.
I don't believe it for a minute--it's PR puff.
They're always on a serious mission to raise money. Especially just before Thursday at 2. Every Thursday before 2 there's some kind of calamity that requires an emergency handling...a reason to put the squeeze on anyone and everyone.
There's not that kind of money left in the public--they're tapped. They might have gotten some kind of a celebrity to pitch in that kind of dough but they don't hammer those guys like the regular pubic...I mean public.
It's just not there even if the participants wanted it to be.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
It doesn't really matter how much they regged, because they didn't make the money from delivering Scientology services. they made it from Scientologists giving their money over to Scientology.
The orgs are simply not expanding one bit.

I went into my local org and toured it. It was empty. One person was on course and 4 out of 9 auditing rooms were being used. For what I don't know either.
They were averaging around 4k GI a week. :lol:

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah I have no idea how much they made but I do know they are under more fire then ever before and I'm sure turning the screws like never before. I just hope more people wise up and get out of there. Having massive debt in this economy is no joke. Trust me on that one. And - and it's a big and for you lurkers - ALL of the churches problems are SELF INFLICTED. Why pay for their fuck ups?

I'm just saying what I heard and apparently I am not the only one who has heard these rumors. If it is true surely someone from the inside will leak the info. I think it is true. IAS has been regging public scientologist lately. They had ceremonies and all for those who regged which helped pump them up even more to dig deeper into their pockets.
As far as the government getting involved, they won't, unless many people write to their local congress and make a big fuss about it. Alerting the FBI to such crimes would be a good idea too.
also, a huge picket sign alerting people inside and out of the cult of such propaganda would be informative.

The cult has always been good a shaking down it's suckers for money, but unfortunately from them they are even better at wasting that money.

Now that just about everyone who is interested in Scientology knows it's a complete joke and the media is no longer intimidated into keeping silent about the cult ... they are going to need far more than that just to stay about water.

The cult can keep throwing your's and everyone else's money at the problem, but no matter how much lipstick they put on that pig, Scientology will still be a pig.

The more they advertise, they more people read they truth about the cult.

xenu gets more than twice as many hits on Google than Dianetics. The only reason people are interested in Scientology is to be entertained by a freak show.

A legitimate belief system stands on it's own, not on an infomercial marketing champaign and disinformation champaign.

Scientology is basically the Jerry Springer Show of Religion, and no amount of money will change that ... it will just enforce it.

skydog

Patron Meritorious
I'm just saying what I heard and apparently I am not the only one who has heard these rumors. If it is true surely someone from the inside will leak the info. I think it is true. IAS has been regging public scientologist lately. They had ceremonies and all for those who regged which helped pump them up even more to dig deeper into their pockets.
As far as the government getting involved, they won't, unless many people write to their local congress and make a big fuss about it. Alerting the FBI to such crimes would be a good idea too.
also, a huge picket sign alerting people inside and out of the cult of such propaganda would be informative.

Well Ken Moxon will use most of whatever they collected to generate "billable hours" in all the pending litigation. Ken could have used that money to put his daughter through college. But since she is a victim of the cult, maybe he will just donate it back.

HCObringOrder?

Silver Meritorious Patron

Hey Norma,
Thank you for the heads up on this.
I am serious.

:yes:

Lovinglife625

Patron with Honors
FWIW at the risk of boring people to death, here is a link to a posting I did on WWP briefly telling the true story of why the IAS was started:

http://tinyurl.com/o5tjrl

And to think this idea of IAS started while sitting in a room with attorney Chris Cobb in 1982 as we talked about all the problems with traceable money that was inuring to Hubbard's benefit and the fact that there was such a huge potential liability in the millions sitting in bank accounts that was potentially refundable. Compounding this problem was the fact that international management had taken the vast majority of the local orgs' money through phony management bills and the like. Those monies were now sitting in the bank accounts of various trusts and corporations controlled by international management and were no longer in the local orgs' bank accounts. So the orgs themselves retained only a very small percentage of the money needed to pay off people who may want back money they had on account for services.

We also knew we had to stop some in the CMO from ripping off orgs' money and sending it to Hubbard (which we later failed at doing) but how in the meantime do we try to protect the chance to get federal tax exempt status?

If only we could dream up how to create a pool of funds that was not refundable and that we could do anything we want with without worrying about the IRS and damages claimants. But how could that money be gotten from scientologists directly so that it could not be reached through tax assessments or legal judgments against the orgs? And, how could we make sure that such monies would automatically be in accounts controlled by international management from day one so as to be at a lesser risk should corporate veils be pierced in litigation against us?

Oh wait......fast forward to 1984 and we have "The International Association of Scientologists". "Unite, Advance, Support & Protect Scientology on Behalf of all Mankind". Give to the IAS and protect the road to total freedom!

(Look at the launch video for the IAS in later 1984 at Saint Hill Manor in the UK. You will see Chris Cobb there along with two people who worked for me on such matters in 82 and 83 - Dan and Nigel. I was not at that event as I left staff in March of that year).

A great, spontaneous, altruistic movement? Not on your life:

The International Association of Scientologists; the "Ideal Org" buildings - how scientologists are kept in the dark - alt.religion.scientology | Google Groups

Sadly, one of the greatest cons ever pulled off in the corporate reorganization (and that is saying A LOT!!). I am shocked at how successful it was.

Yes other attorneys later helped work out the details of what the IAS could be but the above meeting I had with Chris Cobb was the very first meeting where the concept was addressed and the reason why. I regret we pulled this off and so many people have been financially destroyed to build up a war chest and play money for David Miscavige and those he controls.

Still, on the wings of Karma this too can be made right for the future.

Christine: "I am the mask you wear"
Phantom: "It's me they hear"

Nurse Pinch

Patron with Honors

If this is true, its not BS its fraud. Someone could do a couple of years for that if you can prove it happened.

Pinchy.