What's new

Urgent!They are claiming its donations now =(

papurdawl

Patron
So i sent the letter out as provided in other threads with my personal info. Today i recieved a call from Bob at Flag saying hes contacting me in reguards to my return of donantions. You and i all know that's not what it is, clearly. But now i have a problem with how i debate this with him, to get my money back?:duh:

I would like to call him back today or tomarrow so if anyone can offer any quick help i would greately appriciate it!:)

UPDATE!: So i spoke with bob at flag and he says i need to go directly through the org where i have money on account. I dont know if this is true but i guess it makes sense, but i'm thinking hes just trying to give me a run around.

Last edited:

Mystic

Crusader
Search the threads regarding getting money back. There are some good advices on here but you gotta find 'em.

If it's a substantial amount, yeah, get a lawyer.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
My Suggestions:

You only need a lawyer for refunds, not repayments of monies on account.
To do that will delay it as it then routes first through "Legal".

As far as the comm back to Flag, it is only to get you to change your mind, and you should not engage them, unless it is someone from the Chaplain's Office and then simply say you want the Claims Verification Board's forms and will not do any routing form including the one they will send. Just bypass that with a letter stating that and that you will sign the release forms needed as a minimum. They will try to charge a few of 3%. I argued mine down to 1.5%, but it isn't probably worth the hassle.
Until you get the papers into the C.V.B. nothing happens.
Separate claims must go in for each org where you have money and all need to go about the same time so that the C.V.B. in Hollywood gets them together.
Give them a reasonable deadline like 30 days.

So i sent the letter out as provided in other threads with my personal info. Today i recieved a call from Bob at Flag saying hes contacting me in reguards to my return of donantions. You and i all know that's not what it is, clearly. But now i have a problem with how i debate this with him, to get my money back?:duh:

I would like to call him back today or tomarrow so if anyone can offer any quick help i would greately appriciate it!:)

Tell him in by mail/email, you want him to proceed with the repayment'refund. If he REALLY needed to mention something he would have done it already by email!!!!

But don't tell him you are WILLING to "discuss" things by email, or he'll take that as an invitation to derail you.

Just tell him to proceed forthwith.
If there really is some info he needs - he will, as I've said, request that from you in an email.

Iknowtoomuch

Gold Meritorious Patron
I think the point here is that they are now starting to claim money given for services as a donation. Thus not having to give it back.

More foot bullets?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron

UPDATE!: So i spoke with bob at flag and he says i need to go directly through the org where i have money on account. I dont know if this is true but i guess it makes sense, but i'm thinking hes just trying to give me a run around.

Write letters to the Orgs in which you have money on account. I don't know who Bob (at Flag) is. Or if you have money on account at Flag. Hubby and I wrote letters to each an every Org we had money at. However, one person at WUS CLO made sure we got our money from all the various Orgs. (Sorry, I've heard that person is no longer on that post or something of that nature.)

T

TheSneakster

AJust bypass that with a letter stating that and that you will sign the release forms needed as a minimum.

Excuse me, but what makes you think anyone is legally obligated to sign any C of $ "release forms" before receiving a repayment of unspent monies on account ?

Michael "The Sneakster" Hobson
I am *not* anonymous. I *do* forgive.