What's new

Ron's big change.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Ok so Ron studied Freud. He read that a weak father figure and a strong dominant mother produce a homosexual son.

His own son Quentin was gay, a fact that Ron hated.

Did he hate the fact because it meant by Freudian logic that he was a weak and pathetic father, that Mary Sue was bigger than him?

Was this the point when Ron really became a tyrant, was this the big turning point, or was he always an overpowering meglamaniac?

Petey C

Silver Meritorious Patron
Only someone who is an overwhelming megalomaniac (and crazy to boot) would even think up a system like Scientology. But don't forget that Hubbard also had an amazing ability to discard inconvenient facts, so if he read Freud, my bet is that he thought Freud was wrong -- at least on this issue.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
I think that he was a dysfunctional person from early on, but steadily got worse for the rest of his life because of his drug and alcohol abuse.

Narcissistic personality disorder

• Believing that you're better than others
  • Fantasizing about power, success and attractiveness
  • Exaggerating your achievements or talents
  • Expecting constant praise and admiration
  • Believing that you're special and acting accordingly
  • Failing to recognize other people's emotions and feelings
  • Expecting others to go along with your ideas and plans
  • Taking advantage of others
  • Expressing disdain for those you feel are inferior
  • Being jealous of others
  • Believing that others are jealous of you
  • Trouble keeping healthy relationships
  • Setting unrealistic goals
  • Being easily hurt and rejected
  • Having a fragile self-esteem
  • Appearing as tough-minded or unemotional
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652/DSECTION=symptoms

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
My dear Smilla, you are right of course, he was chucking incomprehensibly stupid people overboard and strutting his amazingly modest yet good looking red headed stuff ages before he realised that his ungrateful son let him down.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
I think that he was a dysfunctional person from early on, but steadily got worse for the rest of his life because of his drug and alcohol abuse.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/narcissistic-personality-disorder/DS00652/DSECTION=symptoms

I read this list and it appears that every person on this board but me fits this description.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
A Psychologist from the 60s, with a real degree, might have claimed that LRH's son became a homosexual to get revenge on LRH.

But today a doctor, with a real degree, might claim that LRH's son might have been a homosexual because of his DNA.

Now given the two choices and given the way Ron views things ya think he would pick the first over the second.

Of course Dianteics and Dianetics might have made the claim that LRH's son became a homosexual because of an Attempted Abortion.

Ron should have just let his kid be himself.

And maybe he should have read a few books on being a dad.

Then again that's Ron for ya.

Rd00

Smilla

Ordinary Human
A Psychologist from the 60s, with a real degree, might have claimed that LRH's son became a homosexual to get revenge on LRH.

But today a doctor, with a real degree, might claim that LRH's son might have been a homosexual because of his DNA.

Now given the two choices and given the way Ron views things ya think he would pick the first over the second.

Of course Dianteics and Dianetics might have made the claim that LRH's son became a homosexual because of an Attempted Abortion.

Ron should have just let his kid be himself.

And maybe he should have read a few books on being a dad.

Then again that's Ron for ya.

Rd00
Yes he should certainly have loved him for being himself. Gay or not doesn't matter at all. Hubbard achieved wealth, reputation and power, but he failed at the most important thing of all: being loving and kind.

tiptoethrutheminefield

Patron with Honors
Right on

I totally agree, Smilla. There was no 'change.' Hubbard just got worse, which is what sociopaths and narcissists due. Old age is a beeatch for them, worse by many degrees of magnitude than for the rest of us.

Boojuum

Gay?

LLL, I like your logic. Insightful.

I question whether Quentin was gay. The consensus was clear that outwardly he was soft spoken and not very macho. This doesn't mean he's gay. I never met Quentin but had it from a pretty reliable source that he was hetero. ?

LRH's response to anything but perfection was typically immature and shallow. I suspect that the narcissism tag explains his fathering all too well. Hubbard went nutzo on a fairly frequent basis at least going back to the beginning of Dianetics. I think it's fair to say that Hub had been going waco for quite some time before Quentin came of age. Read what LRH Jr. had to say about him!

I'm noticing that kids start acting in very disappointing ways especially in their late teens. This phase tends to end after 5 or 10 years. LRH's kids seem to fit this mold and it probably helped to drive LRH further over the edge.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
LLL, I like your logic. Insightful.

I question whether Quentin was gay. The consensus was clear that outwardly he was soft spoken and not very macho. This doesn't mean he's gay. I never met Quentin but had it from a pretty reliable source that he was hetero. ?

LRH's response to anything but perfection was typically immature and shallow. I suspect that the narcissism tag explains his fathering all too well. Hubbard went nutzo on a fairly frequent basis at least going back to the beginning of Dianetics. I think it's fair to say that Hub had been going waco for quite some time before Quentin came of age. Read what LRH Jr. had to say about him!

I'm noticing that kids start acting in very disappointing ways especially in their late teens. This phase tends to end after 5 or 10 years. LRH's kids seem to fit this mold and it probably helped to drive LRH further over the edge.
I've just kind of took it on board about Quentin being gay from bits of peoples talk here and there. Maybe he wasn't. It's only people who knew him well personally who could say. By all accounts he was a sweet-natured young man and nice to be around. Shame he isn't still with us. Narcissists don't see other people as being separate individuals, but see them more as being extensions of themselves, who should behave and act in accordance with their wishes. When they don't, the narcissists feels attacked and betrayed. Quentin's crime was having his own mind and nature. Poor kid.

lkwdblds

Crusader
How about Hubbard being Cecil Rhodes in his last life?

La La Lou Lou,
Hi. Long time since I posted on one of your threads. What about Hubbard's claim that he was Cecil Rhodes in his previous life. Wasn't Cecil known to be gay? Why would Hubbard claim to be a gay man in his last life unless he was not aware of Rhode's orientation. If you look at the portraits of the two men side by side, there is definitely a theta resemblance.
Lakey

Smilla

Ordinary Human
La La Lou Lou,
Hi. Long time since I posted on one of your threads. What about Hubbard's claim that he was Cecil Rhodes in his previous life. Wasn't Cecil known to be gay? Why would Hubbard claim to be a gay man in his last life unless he was not aware of Rhode's orientation. If you look at the portraits of the two men side by side, there is definitely a theta resemblance.
Lakey
Maybe Hubb did know, but witheld his knowing and took it out on Q?

Mystic

Crusader

Most excellent description of a conjured tulpa.

Blue Spirit

Quentin

I spoke with Quentin once and was in his space multiple times.

He was well liked, a rebel, a good auditor (but did it his way), an aware being,
and cared about others.

I can attest that he was gay, as sitting next to him one day in the HGC, I was
surprised to perceive a sexual flow, although nothing physical was seen.

Quentin wanted just to fly airplanes and become an Airline pilot and had the interesting habit of making the sounds of the different jet engines while he walked around the HGC with a case folder under his arm.

He (she) is back in another body, still a rebel.

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
OMG!

I spoke with Quentin once and was in his space multiple times.

He was well liked, a rebel, a good auditor (but did it his way), an aware being,
and cared about others.

I can attest that he was gay, as sitting next to him one day in the HGC, I was
surprised to perceive a sexual flow, although nothing physical was seen.

Quentin wanted just to fly airplanes and become an Airline pilot and had the interesting habit of making the sounds of the different jet engines while he walked around the HGC with a case folder under his arm.

He (she) is back in another body, still a rebel.

Ok, no offence, but if you take the crazy stuff out of this ^ you are left with, "a guy made aeroplane noises."

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Lakey I think he was good at making claims, but crap at doing the homework. It''s so easy for us now, just google Cecil Rhodes and all the info comes up, then you can say, 'woops better not associate myself with him, it wouldn't exactly help my image as a macho unaberrated perfect being' he would have had to do more traipsing around libraries to get anywhere near that level of information. There is also the idea that he didn't think it a problem, but that's unlikely. Same goes of course for working out the timeline of volcanos and human history on planet earth.

I can't prove Quentin's sexuality, even a letter from him stating that he was gay wouldn't really be proof of it.

LLLL

lkwdblds

Crusader
I think you are right on this one!

Lakey I think he was good at making claims, but crap at doing the homework. It''s so easy for us now, just google Cecil Rhodes and all the info comes up, then you can say, 'woops better not associate myself with him, it wouldn't exactly help my image as a macho unaberrated perfect being' he would have had to do more traipsing around libraries to get anywhere near that level of information. There is also the idea that he didn't think it a problem, but that's unlikely. Same goes of course for working out the timeline of volcanos and human history on planet earth.

I can't prove Quentin's sexuality, even a letter from him stating that he was gay wouldn't really be proof of it.

LLLL

I think your right, Hubbard did not do his reasearch on Rhodes' sexual orientation. If he had known what it was, I do not think he would have ever claimed that he had been Cecil Rhodes. That is the most likely answer.
Lakey