What's new

Is someone snooping on us?

Does anyone have any hints or useful suggestions about how to tell if the C of $ is spying on you? I'm kinda getting tired of the phone calls from, "Unknown Number".
:duh:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Tell a complete stranger that you'd love to buy a couple of sets of The Basics, then wait to see if anything unusual happens! :D

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ignore.

"Unknown number" = "No phone call".
I simply never answer a call, unless it's a call from someone in my contacts
or there is a message left. I might answer or call back then.
Otherwise, it's just another noise. And I can even turn it off. :)

:spitcoffee:

Unless that means "bag of crack" in drug speak, and the car sitting behind my apartment is an undercover cop. Then I wouldn't call it exactly "unusual"....

Tell a complete stranger that you'd love to buy a couple of sets of The Basics, then wait to see if anything unusual happens! :D

We just found it funny that when we get more actively "anti-$ci", the calls start back up. Usually within minutes. Oh and you can bet your ass I don't answer the phone. LOL I refuse to be a recovery stat!
And I won't get into the 45 minute long headlights-in-our-windows loitering sessions.

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
We just found it funny that when we get more actively "anti-$ci", the calls start back up. Usually within minutes. Oh and you can bet your ass I don't answer the phone. LOL I refuse to be a recovery stat!
And I won't get into the 45 minute long headlights-in-our-windows loitering sessions.

Yeppers. :D :coolwink: :)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

That's an interesting one, you mean headlights are directed towards your windows and left there? Have you ever gone to look for a car description to report? Crikey.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

wot he said.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

:yes:

The first time in 5 years that I picked up the phone on an unknown cell number, it was a Scientologist. He was very surprised that I answered and got all flustered. Funny. . . he was just a "drone" . . . now I'm getting all kinds of messages from "trained" people and old friends wanting me to call since I talked to the other guy.

These guys are very persistent though. I'll bet it's been 10 years since I talked to anyone. I've written "disconnection" letters. No avail. They just keep calling. Thank goodness for caller ID.

Take a picture of the car, showing the license plates, and call the cops on having a suspicious vehicle on your street. :thumbsup:

Start a neighborhood watch! :happydance:

Gadfly

Crusader
:yes:

The first time in 5 years that I picked up the phone on an unknown cell number, it was a Scientologist. He was very surprised that I answered and got all flustered. Funny. . . he was just a "drone" . . . now I'm getting all kinds of messages from "trained" people and old friends wanting me to call since I talked to the other guy.

These guys are very persistent though. I'll bet it's been 10 years since I talked to anyone. I've written "disconnection" letters. No avail. They just keep calling. Thank goodness for caller ID.

Yep, I NEVER pick up unless I recognize the caller ID.

My answering machine message is very clear:

If you want a response, leave your name, phone number, and what it is you are calling about.

I have had calls from LA where some Church staff member says, "Hi, this is Laurie calling from LA, and I need to talk to you right away. Call me back as soon as you get this."

They leave out that he or she is a Scientology church member, as if I won't know who and what they are.

I no longer respond to "urgency" pressure. The second the person said to call back right away, I correctly pegged them as a Scientologist. Plus, "calling from LA" is a clear give away. Probably some INT project to recover from the "disaffected field". No thanks - go away.

I haven't talked to any of them in many years. It would be like trying to have a conversation with a box of hammers. I wouldn't waste my time pretending that there is any sort of intelligence on the other end of the line even slightly able to think outside of the tight, heavily indoctrinated Scientology framework.

Their aim is ONLY to "handle" you. All feigned ARC and communication is entirely manufactured. They are utterly incapable of actually listening and hearing what you are saying. If he or she did, they would be on a leaving staff routing form.

It would be like trying to talk to a Jehovah's Witness about the validity of my experiments with magick. That horse never even gets out of the gate!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Ignore the calls... let them go to voicemail and keep them in case you need documentation of the harassment.

On the headlights in the window thing, call the police if this happens again. While you are waiting for them, take your camera and film them. Go right outside and film the license plate first. And then go up to the driver side window and knock like others have, daring them to open the window and talk. Keep the camera on and film what you are doing and the response.

Most likely it's a private investigator - who will ignore you. Let the police deal with him.

If it's OSA or an OSA volunteer, they will probably try to leave as soon as they see the camera, lol

Don't be afraid. That is what is wanted. be bold but cautious. They won't physically hurt you. Just try to intimidate you. Call their bluff :)

Best wihes,

Mary

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
The answering machine is always on. If they leave a message they must state name and nature of the call or we delete it.

All paper gets shredded.

Strange car parked on street = call 911

Starnge people in odd military uniforms on property = call 911

Once OSA understands you will call the police every time they try to get near you... they'll stop.

Back when I was more inclined to play with 'em...when I knew I was being followed I'd drive 20 - 30 miles to nowhere, stop and get a soda, drive back home and wave at the bastards as I got out of my car.

Or when they were parked go up to their car and tell 'em I'd be an hour so if they needed to get a bathroom break I'd be there when they came back.

If I really wanted to mess with 'em I'd go to the airport....and have lunch. They'd go nuts trying to figure out where I was going. Then I'd go back home.
Then when I was going somewhere...I'd have lunch at the airport first.

Got tired of fucking with 'em.

Great, Toady, just great!!! All good ideas, everybody! :happydance: The main thing is not to allow them to intimidate you. Might be wise to have a talk with your neighbors as well, and do some educating... :thumbsup:

The nice thing about starting a neighborhood watch is that it helps everybody. All the neighbors watch out for each other and have each other's back. :) Also, the cops will be much more responsive, prompt and helpful when the Captain of the Neighborhood Watch is calling to report a suspicious vehicle, or strange people hanging around a house or prowling through the neighborhood! :yes:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Spend a day driving to different travel agencies :D

Since the cult seems to operate from (illegally) searching *inside* the booking system, the external false trips to airports and travel agents etc. are not too useful. If targets are followed there I assume the followers are merely obeying a "stick with the target" remit, and not really interested in trying to suss out a remote destination as they don't need to do it like that.

Paul