What's new

14 Oct 2011 Saint Hill IAS Event

Sindy

Crusader
Until the scam stops working, they'll just keep their creativity and originality to a minimum and continue bilking the flock for all it's worth.

FoTi

Crusader
I hope there are a whole lot less people attending this year and a whole lot more people protesting/picketing. Be funny if someday there were a whole lot of picketers and no attendees. :giggle:

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I hope there are a whole lot less people attending this year and a whole lot more people protesting/picketing. Be funny if someday there were a whole lot of picketers and no attendees. :giggle:

yes, and just imagine, to quote mr Croooose:

"one day we may just read about SP's in the history books"

Sharone Stainforth

Silver Meritorious Patron
Today we(Hartly,Tony,Terril, Axiom and myself) protested outside of St. Hill Manor.The sun was shining, flags were waving and bagpipe music repeated itself all afternoon.

Dismayed as I was to see a freezone sign being branded, Tony more than made up for it, with his relentless "Get your cheques and credit cards out, your going to need them, it's Davy's pay day".

The Police were present and very pleasant, leaving us to our own devices.

The pots of pansies were replaced this year with pots of holly interspersed with another shrub to keep us from being opposite the entrance.These were about 5ft high, boarded in and topped up with wood chip to make it look like they had planted a hedge.It didn't work, we found a couple of gaps and found we had a raised platform from which to protest on.Thank You OSA.We couldn't of done it without you.

A few horns honked and several thumbs up, including a delivery guy who entered St. Hill.Plenty of empty seated vans went in, the usual "Industry of death" trucks in a foreign language, I think Italian and the ever important limousine, nobody in it, but it looked good.

As we were leaving, a couple of coaches arrived with Italian people who all piled into St. Hill.Ax and I went down to the lower gate to talk to a scientologist, at least we think he was, but he wouldn't admit it.He declined to talk to us and kept telling Ax he was talking to himself.Whilst this one way conversation was taking place, Ax spotted a tree disguised as a man with a bloody great camera.

Earlier on in the day I was disappointed not to see Janet La Voe hiding behind a tree, this man more than made up for it.

As we set off to go home, Ax spotted the tree man hiding once more, you've guessed it, he was behind yet another tree.As always the scientologists did not let us down with their antics of covert surveillance.

There was another incident, but I'll let Ax fill you in on that with his video.

Great to see you all again, all in all a good day!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Fantastic Sharone, can't wait for that video!!! :happydance:

All the times I went through that gate at Saint Hill....it does my heart good to see pickets there.

Terril park

Sponsor
Ax has some video and photo's to download. One of some asshole stealing his new camera. Another told the asshole to give it back which was done.

Tony did a magnificent job of almost continual megaphone comments. Not quite the same message as mine but for sheer stamina is to be applauded. Notably a continuous commentry on how people must take in bags of cash, checkbooks and all credit cards, for li'l ole Davy who only has a 9 hole private golf course!

I think that will ring some bells!

I had my two picket signs:-

" google

TECH outside COS"

and :-

" google

FREEZONE TECH"

As they had made it difficult to have a place to stand opposite the main entrance I placed one sign with its sturdy post in the chips and soil directly
opposite the main car park entrance.

A little while afterwards I decided to go to a further entrance to see if coaches had arrived that we didn't know about. So I was there mostly alone with one of my picket signs. The " traffic controller" refused to talk.

All traffic both ways saw my picket sign as I turned it to face traffic from whatever direction.

I like to study and refine better ways to do things. So after a while I smiled and waved at all vehicles arriving. In almost all cases at least one person smiled and waved back. And note they were usually stationary for a few moments as they
were turning off the main road. So they read my sign. :)

I expect many will later look up " Freezone Tech". :) If they don't find it in the tech Dict. where will they look?

With regard to numbers, up to 6.15 approx 1000 had arrived, including 3 coaches from Italy.

The event starts at 7pm I gather. Best I can tell numbers will be way down this year.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Who knows maybe a few actors , 1000 is still way too many.

With your signs , whatever gets them to look~ be interesting to see how many come forward with stories of seeing your signs.

hartley

Patron with Honors
From ARS:

Five not Anonymous (Axiom, Sharone, Terril, Tony and I) arrived outside
the gates of Saint Hill, former home of - yeah yeah, you know the rest -
to remind the Chairman of the Board that he has once again not quite
Cleared the Planet of humour and individualism.

We arrived at 14:00 and left at about 18:00, our placards ranging from
"Google Freezone Tech" to "$cientology - A Wealth Hazard". Tony did his
usual sterling work on the Dave Bird (TM) megaphone reminding everyone to
have their checkbooks and credit cards ready, and when he paused for
breath Terril informed Church members about how everything was much
cheaper in the Freezone. Axiom took some short videos just in case
Anonymous demanded pics of raid or it didn't happen.

The police were present but had nothing to do- the clams pretty much
ignored us and their bagpipe music was pleasantly far away.

We think numbers were down on last year (but we would say that wouldn't
we), there were a few coaches and minibuses from foreign lands.

And so back to town for well deserved pints of Black Sheep.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Well done, chaps.

I'm sure there must be some public rights of way that cross the grounds of the manor that aught to be exploited next time.

It would be so pleasant to see footage of a group of anons and exes tally ho'ing on horse back chasing a toy fox through their event next time the shrimp put's on a show.

Sharone Stainforth

See Ax's video here of him having his camera grabbed by a scientology security guard:
[video=youtube;G5PU5rCqWCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5PU5rCqWCI[/video]

Hopefully more footage to follow.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Here is a short write-up of the IAS protest on the 14th of October from my perspective.

When I arrived, there were a number of the Old Guard in attendance by the main entrance of St Hill. Although there was still 3 hours until the event kicked off, there was already a lot of activity with vehicles going in and out of the gates and also Scientologists arriving on foot.

The weather was terrific which made things a bit more enjoyable, but in any case we had a pretty good time.

Apart from my camera grab and a couple of exchanges with the odd staff member (clearly all staff and public had been told to try and ignore us), not a lot happened. Well, apart from one amusing incident.

As we were leaving, I noticed a shadowy figure hiding behind a tree. So, I jumped out of my motor and ran after them. He was moving pretty quickly, but hadn’t noticed me, so I was able to catch them up. The guy, who I hereby christen ‘Covert Camera Guy’ was dressed in dark clothing and carrying a video camera. Evidently he had been following us as we left in order to take some covert footage. Rather strange behaviour as we are all well known to the cult and had been standing in full view of the assembled masses for several hours. What does secret video taping achieve?

Anyway, when I announced my presence to a now startled CCG, he pulled his hood over his face and attempted to hide behind a tree at the side of the road. After a few seconds he realised that there was no hiding and headed for the sanctuary of the cult’s car park, while attempting to train his camera on me.

Due to the worsening light and the speed that I was running at whilst trying to film, the quality isn’t very good, so I’ve posted some stills instead of the whole thing. This is possibly the same person spotted in the 'Can't Hide' video.

Without counting all the vehicles, it seemed to me that there were fewer people arriving than when I last went to the actual event in 2007, so I wonder if they had to hire more extras to pad the audience out?

I’ll post more video as I get round to editing them, but in the meantime here are some vids you’ve already seen and some new photos.

I’ve posted some screenshots of the video where my camera was grabbed and if anyone could ID the guy in the sunglasses that would be great. I’m guessing that he is American (from his accent) and it is quite possible that he has already been sent away in order to avoid any awkward questions from the police.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5PU5rCqWCI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYxoQXintuk

The complete set of photos can be viewed here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/30250616@N08/sets/72157627917793720/

A selection:

Camera Grab Guy

6254679245_d9ef1cf915_b.jpg

6255210664_a7190e01d0_b.jpg

6254680007_722ee8a0d5_b.jpg

6255211260_9c61f77e33_b.jpg

Covert Camera Guy

6254680405_8abbfe6a0e_b.jpg

6254680519_8a4d91a164_b.jpg

6254680605_a10f40b78a_b.jpg

6255212004_cb2b3b27ca_b.jpg

6255212652_cda981d97e_b.jpg

6255212964_1512f9238c_b.jpg

Selected other photos

6255258782_8b9e08aced_z.jpg

6255274596_a774e53f96_z.jpg

6255283712_cf2fb4eaae_z.jpg

6254772915_e9dc5b508c_z.jpg

6255344000_dcd8f07670_z.jpg

6254835069_908b1c4e02_z.jpg

6255369252_126b9cfb51_z.jpg

Axiom142

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Ex for Excellent!! What was that Scilon doing scurrying about in the undergrowth, Womble Tech?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
The below was in East Grinstead.
http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?f=125&t=38713&view=unread#unread

jensting, posting on WWP, wrote:
Right, back on the 'net!

pics starting at http://www.flickr.com/photos/jensting/6247377326/in/photostream . No good ones, sorry, busy getting my phone grabbed :(

An randomer stormed over, right after we had started letting lose with Rick Astley and shouted that we had to stop the music, that we were waking his baby and that he "would fucking kill you" (directed at another protester) if we didn't turn the sound down.

This was at 12:20 - ish on a busy day in the middle of the high street. You could hear the musc, but inside a car, say, it could have been less loud than the car stereo.

Especially if the car was parked 50m - ish away, as his car was. He - the randomer - went back to the car, took a child out, picked it up and walked back to us. I had started videoing with my phone, since this had all the hallmarks of a Bad Situation. The randomer stormed right up to me, stopped close up, grabbed my phone and yelled at the top of his lungs "YOU KICKED MY BABY!" and threw my poor old phone into the far of two lanes of busy traffic. He then pulled back (as did I) while he was interacting with the general populace (who were going WTF!); I was encouraging the protesters to ring the police. One minute ago.

The police got there. By that time, the randomer had left(!), gone back past where his car was. We explained the situation to the police, a police man and I went in search of the car and were directed to the correct one by a member of the public who had seen the whole thing and gave a statement to the policeman. I then went with the police to the station.

On the way to the station, the best thing happened: The police men got a radio call and turned around, ending up driving after the randomer with the sirens blaring, pulling him over and having a chat after which one policeman drove back to the station with me and the other in the randomer's car with the randomer, the baby and someone else (who had been in the car, on the mobile phone - not driving). This was barely a chase, the siren only had to be used to make a couple of extra overtaking manoeuvres and the perp was driving along quietly.

That said, being in a police car, sirens blaring driving after the guy who just tried to take a swing at me, that was excellent!

It almost made up for the sick feeling at the bottom of my stomach at the thought that someone would complain about noise (hmm, well, OK), go get a baby, walk back with that baby and get VERY CONFRONTATIONAL while holding that baby. And then walk away.

More news as the police get back to me. Needlessly to say, I'm pressing criminal charges as much as I can.

A clam with a baby sent our friend Non the clown to hospital for a fortnight when he and three of his clam friend pushed Nono to the ground and kicked him in the head.

Ah, well, the mobile phone survived (a Samsung Nexus S, I'm not affiliated with Samsung, but I'm now a customer who is somewhat more impressed with the solidity of the product)

I know what it is with East Grinstead. It's the same stuff that happened years ago, http://www.tingleff.org/jensting/duke_tour/muslinger/egrinstead9805_b.html half way down.

tl;dr Always have several video cameras running. Do not break this rule. Look at San Fran raids to see how it's done. This time, we failed to have redundant cameras, and we were lucky that my one camera did not in fact get broken.

The clams were snappy at St Hill this year (see earlier report), you know where to be next year!

Best Regards

Jens

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Deliberately placing children near needless violence . . . now where have I seen that before?

[video=youtube;zNlqxO9Uj8g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=zNlqxO9Uj8g#![/video]

Sharone Stainforth

I can contain myself no longer.Even with video, things can be missed.

When Ax first appeared on the scene, he wanted a photo of Terril and myself, I walked off muttering to myself, not on your life, or words to that effect.

Tony, quite rightly took the piss out of Terril all afternoon, this went right over his head. He(Terril) had the megaphone on two occasions, Tony declaring him rubbish and took the megaphone back. This might seem mean, and it was, I wouldn't have done it, however, I understand why it was done and in many respects he did deserve it. At one point a car stopped and asked Terril what his sign meant. I did not hear the reply. His sign read Google Tech outside CoS. I would not have a clue what it meant either had I not done the research and spoken to Terril at length,previously.

I know having spoken to someone quite a bit whom had only got out of Co$ a year before(just over a year ago now)that it is difficult for people whom believed it to be their religion to let go, especially when they have devoted so much of their life to this, I do understand regardless of what people might think. However, I do not believe in pussyfooting around. I've tried that, it doesn't work.I've tried being blunt, that doesn't work.I've tried being nice, that doesn't work. I've tried just showing the truth, that doesn't work. Some people just like to push buttons, they are called Scientologists and they follow Hubbard's every word. Most of these people never even met him, yet they blindly follow because they do not have a mind of their own.

To the admins of this board, if it is time to ban me, let it be so, Iv'e had my warning, carry on!It's come to my attention alot of people have disappeared from this board, or have they?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Sharone, I think you have more patience than I. Standing next to Freezone signs is very difficult - better signs that will actually be noticed and understood in those seconds people drive by are the way to go.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I can contain myself no longer.Even with video, things can be missed.

When Ax first appeared on the scene, he wanted a photo of Terril and myself, I walked off muttering to myself, not on your life, or words to that effect.

Tony, quite rightly took the piss out of Terril all afternoon, this went right over his head. He(Terril) had the megaphone on two occasions, Tony declaring him rubbish and took the megaphone back. This might seem mean, and it was, I wouldn't have done it, however, I understand why it was done and in many respects he did deserve it. At one point a car stopped and asked Terril what his sign meant. I did not hear the reply. His sign read Google Tech outside CoS. I would not have a clue what it meant either had I not done the research and spoken to Terril at length,previously.

I know having spoken to someone quite a bit whom had only got out of Co$ a year before(just over a year ago now)that it is difficult for people whom believed it to be their religion to let go, especially when they have devoted so much of their life to this, I do understand regardless of what people might think. However, I do not believe in pussyfooting around. I've tried that, it doesn't work.I've tried being blunt, that doesn't work.I've tried being nice, that doesn't work. I've tried just showing the truth, that doesn't work. Some people just like to push buttons, they are called Scientologists and they follow Hubbard's every word. Most of these people never even met him, yet they blindly follow because they do not have a mind of their own.

To the admins of this board, if it is time to ban me, let it be so, Iv'e had my warning, carry on!It's come to my attention alot of people have disappeared from this board, or have they?

I did wonder why both you and Terril were both at the protest, as I knew there was friction between you.
I bet the arriving $cientologists thought that a few local "downnstat" homeless tramps had turned up with some nutty signs.:unsure:
Good to see you looking well Sharone. Loved your sign!
You were probably the only person in or outside the premises that ever actually met his Royle 'ighness.....flubberlips personally.