What's new

Leak: Melbourne Ideal Org 1st Anniversary Event

Natalie

Patron with Honors
The cult NEVER has an event or gathering of any kind without a catch. So is it more fundraising, recruitment for staff or both?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
All of the above!

(BTW, it was kinda nice to see a smiling Bob Duffy on some other promo, regardless of the circumstances. Hiya Bob!)

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
All of the above!

(BTW, it was kinda nice to see a smiling Bob Duffy on some other promo, regardless of the circumstances. Hiya Bob!)

My ex husband worked with Bob and got him into scientology, so it always makes me sad to see him and his lovely family referenced in promo. :bigcry:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Did that many people really show up for the grand opening or was it photo shopped?

Hard to say. The clams have learned from earlier embarrassments, and only publish low-res pictures now... in this case, covered in digital confetti junk and such so it's obviously shopped to some extent.

If you come across a higher resolution version of the picture, I'd be happy to go searching for identical twins, missing heads and all the usual signs of sleep-deprived Scieno-incompetence.

I think the real question, though, has to be: how many courses are being delivered at this allegedly Ideal Org? (Counting the cars parked there on regular days is one simple indicator...) It's ever so easy to bus in a platoon of Ronbots and convince them that listening to lies about expansion constitutes great R&R. They're probably just happy to be there for the buffet, and a day away from the grind - but they're not paying customers. Simple fact is, Ron's con is on its arse in Australia.

Long may that happy state of affairs continue. I'm pleased that the cult is measuring its 'success' by the square foot nowadays, rather than using some meaningful measure that might cause people to get out there and actually sell Ron's brand of madness. Let them enjoy their silly, empty building.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Bump.

A reminder, the event is tomorrow, they are going all out promoting this event and bringing in scilons from all over ANZO. Expect a big crowd of probably the same poor saps who were dragged to the org opening. Indeed in the absence of the Sydney Ideal org they are petty much trying to replicate the Melbourne opening.

A great chance to gather intel and enturbulate.

Bump.

A reminder, the event is tomorrow, they are going all out promoting this event and bringing in scilons from all over ANZO. Expect a big crowd of probably the same poor saps who were dragged to the org opening. Indeed in the absence of the Sydney Ideal org they are petty much trying to replicate the Melbourne opening.

A great chance to gather intel and enturbulate.

Suggestions for simple banners.

FRENCH FLAGS everywhere, large and small.
Pictures of Debbie Cook everywhere, large and small.
Pics of Jan with bars.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
melbfeb5.jpg

WOW INDEED.

Looking at this I am just struck by what Scientology has become. Its a song and dance, a circus sideshow, a gawking distraction. We have seen it time and time again recently in leaks, a thin veneer of 'high-tone outrageous fun' trying to mask the death rattle of shrinking cult.

You don't even need to be an ex-scientologist to see it. It is friggin' pathetic contrived mind-numbing nonsense. But the true believers appear to just lap it up. They don't want to take the time to think and analyse, they want to just pay their money to get cheap thrills at the sideshow.

Its just tragic to see, especially for the young people there wasting away their potential in life.

But moving on from that, lets just have a closer look at the attendance. From a rough count I would say there are a couple hundred there.

A couple hundred? What happened to 'unprecedented expansion' since the opening last year? What happened to the supposed thousands of raw meat coming in and doing courses? What happened to Melbourne Ideal Org, the shining beacon of Scientology rebirth in Australia?

And lets not forget the hype and effort going into this event (may not be so obvious to outsiders), as seen in another leak they were even bringing in a contingent of New Zealand Scientologists for the event. And you can damn well bet they would be roping in their new public to come to the it.

All this for a couple hundred people? Sydney and AOSH ANZO might draw this sort of number for a big event.

When I take the time to look beyond the propaganda and read between the lines of these leaks it is clear to me that Scientology's time is up. They try and try and put so much effort into it but they cannot see what is plainly in front of them - modern Australia is an intelligent society with infinite knowledge at its fingertips, and it gives a resounding NO to Scientology.

It should also be noted that Melbourne Day is almost winning The Birthday Game. Almost winning after this abysmal effort? Am I looking too far ahead from this or is Scientology truly dead worldwide.

PS. Emma my PM! :bigcry:

Jump

Operating teatime
I was just wondering why Birthdaygame-landia was shaped like a peanut

...oh, wait

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Did anybody else notice who is 13th in the Planetary Birthday Game?:roflmao:

CHURCHES OF SCIENTOLOGY EUROPE!!!!!:omg:

What does THAT say about the "expansion" of this toxic, shrinking cult?:no:

How many "orgs" are under that particular banner that were once BIG orgs?:dieslaughing:

Curioser and curioser:yes:

Mexico is treated as one entity - it used to be at least 6 orgs.:hysterical:

And there are only 3 other Foundation orgs mentioned - have the others all been merged with their Day orgs?:confused2:

Looking at this, maybe there's only Fdn orgs left at DC, New York, Tampa, LA and Melbourne that are of any consequence.

This is concrete proof of the shrinkage of the cult, right in their own promo.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Did anybody else notice who is 13th in the Planetary Birthday Game?:roflmao:

CHURCHES OF SCIENTOLOGY EUROPE!!!!!:omg:

Thats quite interesting, especially about the use of Day/Fdn Merge, I didn't notice that. Here is the actual (lol) stats for the game so far this year:

1. LA FDN 1762
2. Melbourne DAY 1751
3. St Petersberg 1697
4. New York FDN 1655
5. Tampa DAY 1652
6. CC Paris 1566
7. Roma 1565
8. Moscow DAY 1516
9. DC DAY 1514
10. Melbourne FDN 1498
11. Tampa FDN 1494
12. LA DAY 1472

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
It would be very interesting to get a full sheet of ALL the orgs' standings like they used to do back when I was on staff.

Then it was a hell of a lot of orgs like Harare, Capetown Fdn etc that were two men and a dog but still counted as orgs - all those seem to have vanished in the "straight up and vertical"

I think there may be less than 200 there. Look at that top photo of the crowd.

First impression? 200...or more? Now start counting....seems a lot less.
Look at the empty seats, quite a few kids there.. They may be more densely
packed at the front......but I think it might be quite a bit less than 200. I think this particular photo was very fortunate for them. It just makes it look like the hall is way bigger than it is and that the convergence near the front has a lot of people.
Supporting my thoery.....NO OTHER CROWD SHOTS! I think a genuine crowd of 200 can be easily made to look like 3 or 4 hundred. But they didn't have the numbers. I think that the staff shot looks bigger.