What's new

Burned's Repayment Progress

Burned

Patron
Sent Flag and Tampa Org demands for repayment for money on account with signed, notarized Release and Waiver Tuesday 2-28-2012. Sent UPS, signature waived, should be delivered Thursday 3-1-2012.

Called Flag twice today (Chaplain) and left 2 voicemail messages (VMM).

Called Tampa, left message for Chaplain who was in a meeting.

UPS tracking system not working, but letters should have been received by now.

On Wednesday 2-29-2012, sent emails to Flag and Tampa demanding repayment with signed, notarized Release and Waiver.

Burned

Patron
Also sent regular mail demand letters to Flag and Tampa using their postage paid envelopes :thumbsup: attention Chaplain, KOT.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
I think tracking this is a terrific idea. I also think posting it publicly is a really good idea.

I'm wishing you luck!!!!!!!!

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I may be wrong but isn't there some policy/order that CofS employees/volunteers at mail receipt points may NOT sign for mail received (registered letters/tracked mail etc)?

I also wish you the best of luck. :)

Burned

Patron
Also sent regular mail demand letters to Flag and Tampa using their postage paid envelopes :thumbsup: attention Chaplain, KOT.

Tampa's chaplain, Linda, acknowleded today via reception that she received my letter and will call me back.

Flag's chaplain has not returned my 4 VM messages. If I'm simply being stonewalled, what's my next step?

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Good on you Burned! Keep the pressure on them...may I suggest you keep this tracked on Facebook too it will no doubt get a lot exposure and maybe even Twitter it too!

If you do place it on those social mediums I'd let it ride for a while continuing to Face and Tweet, you will get followers and response on those forums..then tell Flag what is being done, they can draw their own conclusions.

Did you get onto the RTC report line?

I'd post their responses as well...copy pasta any written response and write out their verbal statements.

Burned

Patron
I may be wrong but isn't there some policy/order that CofS employees/volunteers at mail receipt points may NOT sign for mail received (registered letters/tracked mail etc)?

I also wish you the best of luck. :)

I believe you are correct. That's why UPS sent them "signature waived". It got to Tampa Org, but I'm being stonewalled by Flag's chaplain.

Burned

Patron
Good on you Burned! Keep the pressure on them...may I suggest you keep this tracked on Facebook too it will no doubt get a lot exposure and maybe even Twitter it too!

If you do place it on those social mediums I'd let it ride for a while continuing to Face and Tweet, you will get followers and response on those forums..then tell Flag what is being done, they can draw their own conclusions.

Did you get onto the RTC report line?

I'd post their responses as well...copy pasta any written response and write out their verbal statements.

I'm a tad nervous about posting these on FB or Twitter, as my name would be visible to OSA, etc. If the stonewalling continues that could be the next step. Or maybe TBT or VV would be interested in tracking the church's tactics to stop or delay repayment in violation of their IRS agreement.

Outethicsofficer

I'm a tad nervous about posting these on FB or Twitter, as my name would be visible to OSA, etc. If the stonewalling continues that could be the next step. Or maybe TBT or VV would be interested in tracking the church's tactics to stop or delay repayment in violation of their IRS agreement.

I understand your situation...I would seriously doubt they haven't already flagged you with OSA already, not saying that to upset. I'll eat my motorbike if they aren't flagging all repayment requests with OSA these days.

I like your suggestion on TBT and VV...whatever they are?

Cheers
James

Also just go about this whole thing at about the level of this is business as usual for you, quite calculated and deliberate in all your actions don't let them rattle you!

When you feel the need to take a breather from it do so, you run them they do not run you!!! And I say that with emphasis as it is one thing I learned as a result of disconnecting from them, it was so much at odds with how it had been, you know the old; "they are senior" type of bullshit!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud

If you asked for a repayment then OSA already knows your name.

When - not if - they stonewall you either you up the gradient on 'em or fold your tent and go away. This is far from the first time they've played this game. Please do not expect them to roll over. You can get your money BUT you have to have the intention to get it. They HATE entheta, bad PR, & public flaps - ain't hard to cave 'em in IF you play real hardball.

Oh, you did ask IAS for your bucks back, right?

Burned

Patron
If you asked for a repayment then OSA already knows your name.

When - not if - they stonewall you either you up the gradient on 'em or fold your tent and go away. This is far from the first time they've played this game. Please do not expect them to roll over. You can get your money BUT you have to have the intention to get it. They HATE entheta, bad PR, & public flaps - ain't hard to cave 'em in IF you play real hardball.

Oh, you did ask IAS for your bucks back, right?

I haven't asked for IAS bucks back yet.

Got a VM message from Flag's chaplain (Peter someone); called him back 2 more times, and no call back.

No call back from Tampa's chaplain (Linda); called again today and no call back.

Suggestions for the next gradient? BBB? Media?

Kutta

Hi Burned. I got some money back from Saint Hill after fairly long back and forth communication, by mail, email, and phone. I cannot be sure, but have the idea that when I sent letters demanding my money and recounting the delays and sent a copy to Australia's Senator Xenaphon (registering the cc on my letter to Saint Hill), that's when I finally got action.

You could try "cc- ing" to Village Voice and whomever else seems to be on OSA's radar today. Good luck and just keep persevering.:yes::)

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Everybody's giving you great advice. I do think you should also get your IAS money back, too. Just get all of it. The hell with the cult.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the progress report, Burned.

I hope you get your money soon.

However, you should be aware that the cult is taking a much harder line with refunds now, presumably because they are getting so many refund requests and they can see their coffers running dry (http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...ls-judge-only-scientology-law-applies/1213941).

This is so typical of the duplicitousness of the cult – if you follow their own policies they will try and ignore you or give you the run-around until you get fed up, but if you sue them, they claim that the court has no jurisdiction and that you should have followed their policies.

If you don’t get any joy from attempting to get the cult to follow Hubbard’s own policies and give you your money “Promptly”, perhaps you could let Bert Schippers and Lynne Hoverson know so that they can prove that the cult is composed of lying tossers who will say anything to avoid meeting their responsibilities.

And the really stupid thing is that all this just makes things worse for them. They get a load of bad publicity and then have to pay up anyway.

When I asked for all my money on account to be returned from St Hill, they tried to ignore me. I followed their policy and requirements and then waited. And waited and waited. Eventually, I had to ‘up the ethics gradient’ and got a lawyer. Then I contacted the media, my Member of Parliament, The Charity Commission and a few other people.

When I convinced them that I was serious, I got my money back.

So be prepared to get mean and serious.

For some reason, I am reminded of this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCnebZnysmI

Axiom142

Burned

Patron
Wow; thanks all!

I've called Tampa and Flag 4-6 times now, and only 1 call back from Flag's chaplain which I missed. I called him back asap and got VM again, and left a VM message yet again. Definitely a stonewall.

So I've sent a KR via RTC line, and have included the print-outs in another letter to Flag and Tampa, this time letting them know that "failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney." Now to get an attorney, and also up the gradient with another letter cc VV, TBT and BBB.

Burned

Patron
Wow; thanks all!

I've called Tampa and Flag 4-6 times now, and only 1 call back from Flag's chaplain which I missed. I called him back asap and got VM again, and left a VM message yet again. Definitely a stonewall.

So I've sent a KR via RTC line, and have included the print-outs in another letter to Flag and Tampa, this time letting them know that "failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney." Now to get an attorney, and also up the gradient with another letter cc VV, TBT and BBB.

Oh, and I'm off to get a recorder for phone conversation recordings. Thanks for the suggestion!:thumbsup:

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dude, tell them that you are keeping us updated daily here on this message thread on ESMB and send them the link and ask them to join in and keep us all updated!!!

PLEASE?

Why not, you're gonna get whacked anyway!

I would hazzard a guess that if you tell them this, it'll go faster - they might try to silence you with the $.

So, would you take the refund and agree not to post here anymore or speak out - well WOULD YOU Debbie? LOL

Of course, you could agree, make up a new nik and start nattering all over again.

Even Emma would agree to THAT sock puppet!

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Anyone that the Co $ to follow "policy" on repayments is in for a rude awakening.

They have policy for YOU to follow but they IGNORE policy.

You will get your money when they feel you are enturbalative to have on their, you cause a public flap, sue, get the media involved.

I know I sound harsh, but, been there, down that with several people.

Outethicsofficer

Hindsight is a wonderful thing Burned and fortunately a large number of us have that when it comes to the route traveled when leaving the church. It is so much in contrast to your way of thinking to not use that ARC thing that one drops into it and it will fail in this activity of getting your dollars back. They'd rather you die than give you what they now consider is their's.

Get rough and be unpredictable.

They hate dealing with a canon that could go off any old time.

Good to see you going to get that recorder.

James