What's new

Looking for advice.

Herpderp69

Master of Shenanigans
I am not an ex-scilon. I am, however, really interested. I'm not willing to actually visit an org because I've read too much bad stuff and would not like to get harassed if I dont stay around. I don't really wish to harm Scientology, because I think in the right hands it has the potential to still cause some good. This is why I'm interested in potentially looking into freezone stuff.

I guess I'm looking for advice. I don't need help, I guess I just am interested in Scientology after dismissing all other religions as being just as culty.

Please refrain from trolling. Or telling me I will get brainwashed.

G

Gottabrain

I am not an ex-scilon. I am, however, really interested. I'm not willing to actually visit an org because I've read too much bad stuff and would not like to get harassed if I dont stay around. I don't really wish to harm Scientology, because I think in the right hands it has the potential to still cause some good. This is why I'm interested in potentially looking into freezone stuff.

I guess I'm looking for advice. I don't need help, I guess I just am interested in Scientology after dismissing all other religions as being just as culty.

Hi Herpdog. :wave:

Your question is very broad so difficult to answer. Can you please specify what exactly interests you about Scientology? What have you heard or read about it that piqued your interest, and what area of it interests you?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron

Stats REALLY down this week, OSA?

Maybe you should take your own advice and "please refrain from trolling" - for "inches of positive press" or "good works well published" or whatever the definition is you are operating off.

Seriously, I don't mind you getting your stats up in such a harmless (to the world) way but it's starting to get up my nose.

Jus' saying.:biggrin:

SpecialFrog

Silver Meritorious Patron

So religions where you can show up and no one will ask you your name are as culty as the Church of Scientology?

Herpderp69

Master of Shenanigans
So religions where you can show up and no one will ask you your name are as culty as the Church of Scientology?

Well Im just referring to the crazy. Scilons believe in alien souls and xenu. Christians believe in a magic man that's actually three people in one and grants wishes when you talk to him, and he wants you to weekly eat his flesh and blood.

Plus let's not forget the crusades, witch burnings, inquisition, etc.

I guess my point is that at least Scientology seems fun. Like the crazy is more out in the open so I can enjoy the novelty of it.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I too was like you...had it with all other religions. If you want to know what any type of Scientology can do to you, please go to YOU TUBE and watch De-Evolution of a Dedicated Scientologist. It is Russian Roulette with your Mind and if you BELIEVE that your Mind a valuable thing, DO YOU HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU EMBARK! please don't say you were not warned! Hope you don't get the bullet like the poor sap in the video referenced above! :nervous:

Check out Lisa McPherson
Listen to Jason Beghe
Listen to Lawrence Brennan
Read 'INSIDE SCIENTOLOGY' by Janet Reitman
Look at the OT confidential materials on Wiki Leaks and ask yourself if you think you can wrap your mind around this if you could not wrap it around any other religions.

All the best! Good luck on your journey and if you do Scientology...we promise - YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! :omg:

SpecialFrog

Well Im just referring to the crazy. Scilons believe in alien souls and xenu. Christians believe in a magic man that's actually three people in one and grants wishes when you talk to him, and he wants you to weekly eat his flesh and blood.

Plus let's not forget the crusades, witch burnings, inquisition, etc.

I guess my point is that at least Scientology seems fun. Like the crazy is more out in the open so I can enjoy the novelty of it.

Except that the crazy is _less_ out in the open in that they don't tell you about aliens until you give them lots of money.

As for Scientology seeming fun:

happiness.jpg

Really, if you just want crazy I'd suggest you check out Discordianism. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/

Outethicsofficer

Welcome and enjoy your stay be it long or otherwise!
If you haven't done so already, lurk here and read as much as you need to, there's plenty of advice here without any of us having to rewrite it in this thread, make use of the search box it will take you to whatever it is you want to know.

Most if not all of us see the C of $ as a cult so as far as we are concerned then you may as well dismiss Scientology in the same way as you've done with other religions. It'll be better for you in the long run if you do that and have done with it.

Cheers
James

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

Forget Scientology. Start a cult of your own. If you are currently in Scientology, specifically, if you work for OSA, you have access to folders. Go thru them for the right people that you can rip off to start doing your own thing. If you make the right selections, pretty soon you too will have thousands of brainwashed adherants all going out to pan handle 200 or do dollars per day for you, in exchange for rice, beans, a tiny bunking area, and lots and lots of indoctrination. Or you can keep it small and go for hardcore action, Charlie Manson style. Who knows, maybe you, too, can become a famous celebrity over at Corcoran, with staff to wait on you night and day. Why, you will never even have to leave your hotel room.

Pete

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron

I forgot, in my last post, to include this link to a free training video. If you need more help, just send for my TV offer course, MAKING BIG MONEY IN THE CULT BUSINESS.

Pete

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vi...id=annotation_597051&feature=iv&v=mnNSe5XYp6E

Herpderp69

Master of Shenanigans
I'm far too interested to give up at this point. Unfortunately I don't think I could ever officially join because I refuse to give them my money.

But other than it "being a cult", what is really that bad about talking to freezone people? I mean I work in sales and am highly educated, so brainwashing and sales tactics won't be effective. I guess I just want good advice other than "it's a cult, stay away".

Lone Star

Crusader
I'm far too interested to give up at this point. Unfortunately I don't think I could ever officially join because I refuse to give them my money.

But other than it "being a cult", what is really that bad about talking to freezone people? I mean I work in sales and am highly educated, so brainwashing and sales tactics won't be effective. I guess I just want good advice other than "it's a cult, stay away".

:sleepy:

We have several freezoners here. I guess they're doing something else right now.

Last edited:

beltway

Bone Idle
Except that the crazy is _less_ out in the open in that they don't tell you about aliens until you give them lots of money.

As for Scientology seeming fun:

(photo of three miserable, angry and generally morose-looking Scns guarding the portal to the Bridge to Total Free Dumb)
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
:itstrue:

Now that's a gang of folks "at cause" if I ever saw one. :wink2:

Of course, I wouldn't be particularly joyful either if there were thousands of people gathered to protest and condemn my wacky, abusive, money-grubbing little homunculus of a leader and his legal (and not-so-legal) antics. I mean, this little monster could, by decree, change every destructive policy of Co$ in one shot and all the Scns would have to abide by it silently, submissively and under threat of eternal worthlessness just as they abide by the current rottenness.

On the other hand, if I had Magick OT Powers and was smart, I'd just "goof the floof" and command all the Anonymouses to enter the building in an orderly, single-file line with cash and credit cards in hand, chanting, "Why Yes, As A Matter of Fact, I WOULD Like to Purchase 64 Sets of "The Basics" at USD$3000 Each for Global Dissemination Purposes, Please!!"

Edit: Who said not to check out the FreeZone? By all means, check it out!! You can read up on almost everything Co$ offers FOR FREE instead of being financially pillaged to the tune of half a million USD only to find Xenu waiting to do some floof-goofing on you... After all, ElWrong ripped off just about everything in Scn that produces decent results (i.e. biofeedback-assisted psychoanalysis AKA "Auditing" with the "E-Meter") from legitimate researchers and slapped his own rubber-lipped terminology on it. Well-meaning underlings all over the world did "research" on one another for decades and sent him the results which he stamped his own name upon and, as usual, gave little if any credit to anyone else. His own, original contributions are, with few exceptions, stupid, useless or dangerous.

Last edited:

StickbyMe

Patron with Honors

Here's the thing about Scientology. It's built around one simple premise: The Tech Works! What makes it different from other cults is that you are expected to have real results in this lifetime that you can measure and recognize as being true. With Christianity you have to have faith that after you die you'll go to Heaven. Not true with Scn. If you want to find out about it without going into an org, that's easy. Pick up a copy of Dianetics and co-audit. Or pick up a copy of Self-Analysis and audit yourself with it. If there is anything to the tech, it's likely in the early books anyway.

If you're looking for a religion to just have faith and pray in, you could do a lot better than Scientology.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Movin' on up a little higher . . . and a little higher . . . and a little higher . . .

6894895846_cc26d48c44.jpg

Outethicsofficer

Nothing is 'bad' about talking to Freezone people and there's nothing bad about talking to Scientologists, go beyond that and you're on the brink. You are getting good advice but it is too simple, too short and direct for you to grasp. So go the route and hook up, there's a Freezone area on the forum here and then of course there's google for the C of $. You are right you are too bright to be brainwashed so I don't even know why you'd bother asking for advice, because there is obviously no risk in it at all given your 'education' and sales background.

Obviously none before you were 'educated' and must have surely lacked a background in sales...:duh:

Cheers
James

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Is there anything wrong with freezone?

Lots of well intentioned persons with a sprinkling of some tin foil types.
Exchange emails and go from there.
Just stay away from organized Scientology.
As to the subject itself, in my opinion, some is interesting and some is crap. YMMV.

Is there anything wrong with freezone?

The 'freezone' isn't a single entity. There's nothing 'wrong' with it, however it is not uniform and whether you enjoy working with one person may not translate over to a similar comfort level with someone else. On the whole though freezoners are pretty easy to talk with, even among those with whom I have disagreements.

My own preference is for more 'liberal' freezone scientologists (I am one myself). My personal rule of thumb is: the more 'conservative' the independent the less honest criticism of hubbard they are able to confront.

If you feel too much pressure from some individual then tell them that's what you sense and feel free to back off yourself.

Mark A. Baker