What's new

The glue...the honey...the SCAM.

Div6

Crusader
Even this is a rip-off of ideas and "talent" taken from other, more successful cult like endeavours. John Sculley helped take the Cult of Steve Jobs to an 8.3 billion dollar a year enterprise.

There is a fascinating interview about that here:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/article/john_sculley_the_full_transcript_part1/

One of the key insights we learned was that you don’t sell the product, you sell the experience. We did that with Pepsi Generation, and we did that in the early ‘70s with Pepsi Generation focused on baby boomers who were then young, and we did it when color television was first appearing, and large screen color television, meaning 21-inch screens were becoming the norm in the marketplace and we went to our ad agency, and they went to the best Hollywood directors with the instructions build lifestyle commercials that can appeal to the baby boomers with experiences that they can relate to. And we want you to do them as 60-second movies.

So Apple, no excuse me, Pepsi was the first company to do lifestyle marketing and that was called Pepsi Generation. So, the Pepsi Challenge was very much built on the same principles of experience marketing. In this case, we started out in markets where Pepsi was outsold as much as 9:1
. - John Sculley

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
They sure know how to Hollywood it up. This is why people stay in the grip of the mind meld. Scientology is a commercial and that is all it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yc1cv3__UTo&feature=player_embedded#!

Verbatim quote from the song........

"Because we are the IAS
And we do give a damn!"

Yeah, they have real integrity, those singing freedom fighters. They do give a damn!

That's why when the worldwide media exposed the imprisonment, terrorism and beatings of Scientologists at International Headquarters, dammit, they did something about it!

They sang a song about how great they are.

Morons.

HelluvaHoax!

From the extended dance-mix of "It's You...It's Me":

ScreenShot2012-08-17at23759AM-1.jpg

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
Don't worry, someone in the video will escape the cult and they'll have to shitcan this like all the others.

Sindy

Crusader
Verbatim quote from the song........

"Because we are the IAS
And we do give a damn!"

Yeah, they have real integrity, those singing freedom fighters. They do give a damn!

That's why when the worldwide media exposed the imprisonment, terrorism and beatings of Scientologists at International Headquarters, dammit, they did something about it!

They sang a song about how great they are.

Morons.

No shit! This astounding touchy feely crap while all the insane violent punishment, greed, fraud, deceit, imprisonment, etc. is happening right under their noses AND with their money is about to make my head spin off my neck. It's so surreal it scares the shit out of me. So much that a couple of times I had to ask myself if I was making this stuff up. LOL....Man, they're good at bullshit. Ya gotta give them that!

Gadfly

Crusader
No shit! This astounding touchy feely crap while all the insane violent punishment, greed, fraud, deceit, imprisonment, etc. is happening right under their noses AND with their money is about to make my head spin off my neck. It's so surreal it scares the shit out of me. So much that a couple of times I had to ask myself if I was making this stuff up. LOL....Man, they're good at bullshit. Ya gotta give them that!

On a certain level, just as with any really good marketing, Scientology prmotes and sells an EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE.

"Giving a damn" is fundamentally a "feeling". It is an attitude, with no specific "content".

People resonate with the "feeling", and then once doing that, they link up with all the other crazy shit (quite unknowingly).

LIke events, where many people seem to get swept away by the tide on "enthusiasm". Emotions are, in a sense, contagious. Walk into a room of angry people, and you will tend to "vibrate" with the anger. Walk into a room of cheerful people, and you will tend to "resonate" with THAT. I do find a useful analogy between emotions and wavelength (vibration).

See, it would be really really bad if someone was behind the scenes contriving all this KNOWINGLY to deceive, but for the most part, I suspect that the participants BELIEVE every word they say. All this nonsense "makes sense" to them.

I guess it is the difference between stupid versus evil. Hubbard may have been the source evil, since I have the opinion that he KNEW exactly what he was doing to deceive, but for the most part the rest of them - well, they are just misled dummies (as are many Earth doofuses). :confused2:

Of course, the results of evil versus stupidity are often indisdinguishable in terms of the chaos are harm caused to laregely innocent people.

Sindy

Crusader
On a certain level, just as with any really good marketing, Scientology prmotes and sells an EMOTIONAL EXPERIENCE.

"Giving a damn" is fundamentally a "feeling". It is an attitude, with no specific "content".

People resonate with the "feeling", and then once doing that, they link up with all the other crazy shit (quite unknowingly).

LIke events, where many people seem to get swept away by the tide on "enthusiasm". Emotions are, in a sense, contagious. Walk into a room of angry people, and you will tend to "vibrate" with the anger. Walk into a room of cheerful people, and you will tend to "resonate" with THAT. I do find a useful analogy between emotions and wavelength (vibration).

See, it would be really really bad if someone was behind the scenes contriving all this KNOWINGLY to deceive, but for the most part, I suspect that the participants BELIEVE every word they say. All this nonsense "makes sense" to them.

I guess it is the difference between stupid versus evil. Hubbard may have been the source evil, since I have the opinion that he KNEW exactly what he was doing to deceive, but for the most part the rest of them - well, they are just misled dummies (as are many Earth doofuses). :confused2:

Of course, the results of evil versus stupidity are often indisdinguishable in terms of the chaos are harm caused to laregely innocent people.

:thumbsup: Yeah, but unless they have zero perception they know, deep down, that it's bullshit. They know that they aren't really expanding. They know they don't have the biggest and most powerful anti-drug campaign on the planet. They know that they're not making auditors. They know a lot of stuff but they BELIEVE all of the above because it feels good and because they want to and that's what they want to be real and so it is AND this is so true that I bet if you said these exact words to them, many of them would just start bawling.

Gadfly

Crusader
:thumbsup: Yeah, but unless they have zero perception they know, deep down, that it's bullshit. They know that they aren't really expanding. They know they don't have the biggest and most powerful anti-drug campaign on the planet. They know that they're not making auditors. They know a lot of stuff but they BELIEVE all of the above because it feels good and because they want to and that's what they want to be real and so it is AND this is so true that I bet if you said these exact words to them, many of them would just start bawling.

Well, of course I agree completely.

I was "in the Church", though quite on the fringes for many years, and the degree of self-deceit was quite astonishing to me.

One of the HUGE contradictions that became early apparent to me was this:

1. Scientology claims to make more aware and able people who can better confront what is.

2. These same people were entirely unable and blind to the many obvious flaws, faults, lies and deceptions of Scientology itself.

I don't know for sure that they each "know deep down". I mean, I suppose if Hubbard was correct about, "the thetan always knows", then maybe. The notion that we are each some fundamental knowingness, who each "knows" at some "deep level", to me, is possibly partly or largely a make-believe IDEA.

But, sure, I never could get how some people could continue to be so FLAMINGLY STUPID! :confused2:

Scientology - where the stupid never takes a day off. :lol:

Shoulder-to-shoulder stupidity.

Tone 40 idiocy.

Total dedicated lunacy.

Unreasonably stupid.

Making it go right to be stupid.

The sun never sets on Scientology stupidness.

Or, as HH might say, "hey, of course it's nuts, it's Scientology".

Sindy

Crusader
Well, of course I agree completely.

I was "in the Church", though quite on the fringes for many years, and the degree of self-deceit was quite astonishing to me.

One of the HUGE contradictions that became early apparent to me was this:

1. Scientology claims to make more aware and able people who can better confront what is.

2. These same people were entirely unable and blind to the many obvious flaws, faults, lies and deceptions of Scientology itself.

I don't know for sure that they each "know deep down". I mean, I suppose if Hubbard was correct about, "the thetan always knows", then maybe. The notion that we are each some fundamental knowingness, who each "knows" at some "deep level", to me, is possibly partly or largely a make-believe IDEA.

But, sure, I never could get how some people could continue to be so FLAMINGLY STUPID! :confused2:

Scientology - where the stupid never takes a day off. :lol:

Shoulder-to-shoulder stupidity.

Tone 40 idiocy.

Total dedicated lunacy.

Unreasonably stupid.

Making it go right to be stupid.

The sun never sets on Scientology stupidness.

Or, as HH might say, "hey, of course it's nuts, it's Scientology".

Great post.

I think they know but there are "bouncers" to that knowing. They know but they're not allowed to know so they bounce right out of it when they notice something that doesn't fit the dream.

The bouncers take the form of self policing brought on by the fact they "know" that it's suppressive to be critical or tantamount to having overts so they notice things but would rather think and talk about how they can cheerily make things go right so no one will put too much attention on THEM. The trap involves self preservation.

Really, Hubbard trapped them into their inability to look as to look is to see that the Emperor has no clothes and Ron couldn't have that.

The Truman Show is locked up but there are big holes in the walls now where the light is shining through.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
They are Goodthinkers.

27. Goodthink

It was noise uttered in unconsciousness,like the quacking of a duck.

"What was she like, your wife?" said Julia.

"She was - the newspeak word goodthinkful - meaning naturally orthodox, incapable of thinking a bad thought. She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it out to her." 'The human sound-track' he nicknamed her in his own mind...."

http://www.orwelltoday.com/goodthink.shtml

Sindy

Crusader
They are Goodthinkers.

27. Goodthink

It was noise uttered in unconsciousness,like the quacking of a duck.

"What was she like, your wife?" said Julia.

"She was - the newspeak word goodthinkful - meaning naturally orthodox, incapable of thinking a bad thought. She had not a thought in her head that was not a slogan, and there was no imbecility, absolutely none that she was not capable of swallowing if the Party handed it out to her." 'The human sound-track' he nicknamed her in his own mind...."

http://www.orwelltoday.com/goodthink.shtml

Yes, the orgs are full of goodthinkfulness.:yes:

HelluvaHoax!

That's true - Scientology is a commercial for Hubbardism.

You pay for Scientology/OT/Clear, but what you get is conversion to Hubbardism.

The whole Grade Chart is fake.

Something very curious indeed. . .

The Grade Chart falsely asserts that the "ruin" of every pc is that their mind is under an overwhelming alien influence (BT) that dominates & controls their determinism and negatively commands their very thoughts.

Thus the pc cannot be themselves, but is "dramatizing" the alien's "valence".

And, further, the pc is haplessly incapable of getting rid of the alien unless they exactly follow Ron's standard directions & commands.

However, elsewhere in the scripture Ron reveals that: "I am not from this planet."

So, therefore (according to scripture) Ron is an alien.

An alien whom "the pc is incapable of getting rid of".

And Ron is an "overwhelming alien influence that dominates & controls their determinism and negatively commands their very thoughts".

And the pc is "dramatizing the alien's valence".

And "the pc is haplessly incapable of getting rid of the alien unless they exactly follow Ron's standard directions & commands."

Ron the overwhelming alien. And the pc must follow Ron's "directions and commands".

No wonder Scientologists are incapable of achieving "freedom from overwhelm".