What's new

WELCOME TO THE MOST ETHICAL GROUP ON THE PLANET

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
I was recruited into the Sea Org when I was 13. I was fed a large handful of lies in order to get me to join. This became evident to me upon my arrival at PAC base in 1992. My immediate reaction was to run for the hills. Problem was, my recruiters had driven me down to LA from the Bay Area and I had no where to go. I also was mortally afraid of the damn Freeloader Debt. I was certain that I would be slapped with some hugs financial burden if I just put my foot down and said "No, this aint happenin". I was a very naive young girl.

Part of the reason I had even signed on with the Sea Org was because I was all too acutely aware of my parents financial strain. As I mentioned in another post, I had been out of school for a year because they could no longer afford tuition for me to go to Delphi. So I was pretty darn certain they would never be able to afford to put me back in school and if I left the house there would be one less mouth to feed.

So there I was, doing my paperwork, getting my A-J check and routing into the EPF. I was miserable. I cried every time I was left alone. I remember calling my parents when I got there and having to try to convince them that I was excited and happy to be there. :bigcry:

I got all of my prelim route in stuff done. My recruiters then took me down to the EPF office. I had my suitcases and a box or two of stuff along with my "ghetto blaster" with my fave Faith No More tape in the player. My recruiters helped me lug all of my worldly possessions into the office. They then turned me over to the Bosun and it was time for me to get my tour of PAC. I asked "What do we do with all my stuff?" I was told to just leave it in the office, it would be safe because after all, this was the most ethical place on the planet. So I went for my tour. Came back to the office a couple of hours later to get into uniform and start my EPF officially.

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Where's my stuff?!?!?! Well, my ghetto blaster was gone, one suitcase and one box were gone as well. In the box had been my favorite stuffed animal. I was mostly upset bout losing my Faith No More tape though. So there I was in a strange place, I knew no one and half of my stuff had just been stolen. Did anyone care? Nope. It's just MEST. But to me, because my family was SO broke, it meant losing a bunch of crap that probably was not worth much to anyone except me. I never did get my stuff back.

I will pause for now and write more about my EPF adventures later. I don't want to make this too long to read. If you find this to be boring, please tell me to stop! I don't want to make an ass of myself!:blush:

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
I will pause for now and write more about my EPF adventures later. I don't want to make this too long to read. If you find this to be boring, please tell me to stop! I don't want to make an ass of myself!:blush:

Not boring; write on and feel free to write more. The old volks like long stories. Come to think of it, so do most of the kiddies around here :)

Zinj

Goldenrod

Patron with Honors
Keep talking in as much detail as you can remember but no sweat if you leave something out that you remember later - just post it later.

Fancy

Patron Meritorious
I did the same thing but myself when I was 18 I did call mom and came back home. I paid them back for the airfare as well.

It was the wisest thing to do and I found my way though LA without knowing how to get to any place but I got to LAX and came home. They did not help me to do so either but someone did tell me how to find the bus to LAX. Back there they would go from the hotels in Hollyword by the stars to LAX.

Mojo

Silver Meritorious Patron
I was recruited into the Sea Org when I was 13.

Dear FCP,

In the words of another esoteric school of thought: "It is only the greatest of souls that suffer the greatest indignities, as only the depths of darkness is equal to the heights of the Light such souls as these possess".

And you are just such a soul my friend.

Kudos to you.

Mojo

P.S. the F above stands for Foxy. Thus it is FoxyChaoticPsychotic in my world. And my world is good.

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was thinking it, but saying it out loud would make me took like one of those old perverts in the bar ...

everfree

Patron Meritorious
I'd love to hear more. It's an unending source of wonderment to me how so many stories are so similar, yet the details given by each individual who speaks out always seems to bring new meaning.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
CP,

My daughter had the same problem in the SO. One of her roommates would just throw her stuff away. No reason, just fill up a large trash bag and toss it.

You got it right - the most ethical place in the world. So not.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
Okay, to continue on with my story…

I needed to get my EPF uniform. Well here there was as light problem. I was so young and so little that there were no uniforms that fit me. I was under 5’ and under 100lbs. I had not yet achieved my current Amazonian build. After a long while of digging through a smelly box of used, worn out and stained uniforms, I finally found a few sets of shorts and shirts that would fit me. I looked rather like a clown in it because I was swimming in the clothes. I forgot to mention the smelly old used boots that I had to wear too. Those were super gross!:no:

I routed into the courseroom and began my studies. 5 hours a day. Studying the glorious history of the Sea Org and such. I even did a course about Scientology Ethics. I was a very good and quick student. I was acing my tests and blowing through my courses super fast. That was back when I had a good memory… Anyways, when it was not course time (which took place in a semi-underground super spooky building that had flickering florescent lights – old CTO anyone?) it was MEST work time.

If I recall correctly, it was about 12 hours a day of MEST work we were supposed to do. I got stuck washing pots and pans. That was cool with me, I had always done the dishes at home and it was no sweat for me to scrub some pots and pans. Funny thing was, I happily did any MEST work that I was assigned to. It never fazed me. The EPF I/C - Jim Garrett was his name - LOVED me because I never talked back (I know, me never talking back haha:eyeroll: ) and I always got the job done right the first time. Plus I was a pocket size little cutie with hair down to my butt. Everyone on the EPF loved me - I was a mascot of sorts. I was a model EPFer. Just like I had been a model student at school. I have to say though, after working in the kitchen and seeing what things looked like behind the scenes, I could never bring myself to eat the meals anymore. Without my mom telling me what to eat, I just had toast 3 times a day. Where was my guardian? Well she was at the HGB busy recruiting more kids like me so she never checked up on me.

The holiday season was upon us. It was Christmas time. I was super homesick. I was into the EPF about 3 weeks. I wanted to go home for Christmas. So I wrote my CSW like a good girl and showed my student points graph and how it was on an uptrend. I wheedled and begged Jim and my recruiters to allow me to go home for the holidays. They were reluctant because I was so close to done and I was going to be one of the few EPFers in history to finish close to the recommended time. I finally got approved and they shipped me back to my parents. :happydance:

To be continued...

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Frankly, I don't like ANY of CofS' recruitment tactics or their staff structure, but I feel they especially have no business recruiting minors...that's the worst. I don't feel that SO recruiters should even be passing the time of day with minors.

That sucks that you experienced those things, Chaotic Psychotic, and I'm truly glad you're out of that hell.

ChaoticPsychotic

Patron with Honors
Here's some more - sorry it's so piecemeal.

I went home for the holidays. It was awesome to eat real food and get to be a kid again. I did chores around the house with a gusto I had never before had. I mean hell, if you can wash pots and pans for 500+ people, what're a few dishes from a family of 4? I was having so much fun, I had a newfound appreciation for my home, my family and mom's cooking. Even my little brother wasn't so annoying. Unfortunately there was a bit of a cloud hanging over me. Alas, I would have to go back in a week. I got REALLY sick 24 hours before I was supposed to head back. My mom and dad called my recruiters and told them they would drive me back to LA once I was better. I stayed sick for a looooong time. I really did not want to go back. I did not dare tell my parents though. They thought I was their little star EPFer with a brilliant career ahead of her auditing people in the Sea Org.

Finally the time came, I got better and they loaded me up into the car and we began the 6 hour drive down to LA. We arrived around dinner time. My recruiters met us at CLO. They told me to go put on my uniform and get back to my group (the EPF). I ran off in tears and changed into my uniform. I came back as quickly as I could. I could tell that the recruiters had been talking about me with my parents. They took us all into the Mess Hall to eat dinner. Wow, how generous, they offered to let my family eat their wonderful :puke: Sea Org food! I begged the EPF I/C to let my family sit with me. So they did. They made small talk with the EPFers around me. Everyone kept telling them how great and cute I was. They were beaming. I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole. I was choking back tears. Dinner was over. It was time for my family to leave. I cried as though the world were coming to an end. I had to really watch what I said because my recruiters were hovering like hawks, ready to snatch me away at the slightest mention of wanting to go home. I had to tell my parents I was just going to really really miss them. I had to try to be convincing when I said it too. They pulled away and I ran after them waving, trying not trip in my huge ugly boots while trying to see though the tears pouring down my face.

Ok enough for now. I am making myself cry.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Boy I got really bummed out when some little girls running around the berthing all day (not in school) stole my $16 tube of Lancome mascara :grouch:
One of them was Bill Bertinot's kids.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

Okay, to continue on with my story…

I needed to get my EPF uniform. Well here there was as light problem. I was so young and so little that there were no uniforms that fit me. I was under 5’ and under 100lbs. I had not yet achieved my current Amazonian build. After a long while of digging through a smelly box of used, worn out and stained uniforms, I finally found a few sets of shorts and shirts that would fit me. I looked rather like a clown in it because I was swimming in the clothes. I forgot to mention the smelly old used boots that I had to wear too. Those were super gross!:no:

I routed into the courseroom and began my studies. 5 hours a day. Studying the glorious history of the Sea Org and such. I even did a course about Scientology Ethics. I was a very good and quick student. I was acing my tests and blowing through my courses super fast. That was back when I had a good memory… Anyways, when it was not course time (which took place in a semi-underground super spooky building that had flickering florescent lights – old CTO anyone?) it was MEST work time.

If I recall correctly, it was about 12 hours a day of MEST work we were supposed to do. I got stuck washing pots and pans. That was cool with me, I had always done the dishes at home and it was no sweat for me to scrub some pots and pans. Funny thing was, I happily did any MEST work that I was assigned to. It never fazed me. The EPF I/C - Jim Garrett was his name - LOVED me because I never talked back (I know, me never talking back haha:eyeroll: ) and I always got the job done right the first time. Plus I was a pocket size little cutie with hair down to my butt. Everyone on the EPF loved me - I was a mascot of sorts. I was a model EPFer. Just like I had been a model student at school. I have to say though, after working in the kitchen and seeing what things looked like behind the scenes, I could never bring myself to eat the meals anymore. Without my mom telling me what to eat, I just had toast 3 times a day. Where was my guardian? Well she was at the HGB busy recruiting more kids like me so she never checked up on me.

The holiday season was upon us. It was Christmas time. I was super homesick. I was into the EPF about 3 weeks. I wanted to go home for Christmas. So I wrote my CSW like a good girl and showed my student points graph and how it was on an uptrend. I wheedled and begged Jim and my recruiters to allow me to go home for the holidays. They were reluctant because I was so close to done and I was going to be one of the few EPFers in history to finish close to the recommended time. I finally got approved and they shipped me back to my parents. :happydance:

To be continued...

Ah, yes, Jim Garrett, reddish hair, had a daughter too. He told some good ghost stories. He liked me too, I could really get my crew to clean the mess hall. No working vacuums, just brooms and some very dedicated young adults.

sandygirl

Cannot wait to read more although it really is a very heartbreaking story!

When I got the call from the recruiter asking the ages of my kids I knew I could not stay-what a choice "goog" $cio parents have are asked to make!

CP-hugs hugs to you!!

Lynn Fountain Campbell

Boy I got really bummed out when some little girls running around the berthing all day (not in school) stole my $16 tube of Lancome mascara :grouch:
One of them was Bill Bertinot's kids.

One of the things that started me questioning was the disregard for ownership so prevalent in orgs. It's one of the characteristics of an SP, right? You couldn't leave anything lying around, even if it was in your own personal auditing room, and realistically expect it to be there when you came back.

And "oh I needed a meter to get the red-tag off a pc" was supposed to make it okay. You'd then look like an SP yourself if you objected to that.

Lynn