What's new

A Pair of Worn Shoes

Veda

Sponsor
van-gogh-a-pair-of-shoes.jpg

http://southerncrossreview.org/72/wilber-art.html

http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/04/a-pair-of-worn-shoes/#comments

"Van Gogh is arguably one of the greatest artists in history. Yet, he was considered by most in his time to be mentally ill (mad)... Today, he is remembered for what he gave the world and the details of his life are interesting only in the context they provide for his legacy. That so many considered him crazy at the time, yet so many regard him as a genius in posterity suggests to me that personality is far less significant than contribution.

"Can a 'madman' influence the world for the better? Clearly so. And therefore, who is to judge madness? L. Ron Hubbard should be viewed this way, and ultimately will be."

Mike Rinder, 4 January 2013

LRH_legacy.jpg

So if Hitler or Stalin or Mao were to be viewed differently by history that would make their contributions good then?

I will say this; the statement is consistent and shows Scientology's ethical relativism.

And by the way, a few people (I don't know who) may have thought Van Gogh was mad, but that hardly means that many or most people thought he was mad.

Most people never heard of him in his day.

The Anabaptist Jacques

"Van Gogh is arguably one of the greatest artists in history. Yet, he was considered by most in his time to be mentally ill (mad)... Today, he is remembered for what he gave the world and the details of his life are interesting only in the context they provide for his legacy. That so many considered him crazy at the time, yet so many regard him as a genius in posterity suggests to me that personality is far less significant than contribution.

"Can a 'madman' influence the world for the better? Clearly so. And therefore, who is to judge madness? L. Ron Hubbard should be viewed this way, and ultimately will be."

LRH_legacy.jpg

I'm guessing these are Mike Rinder's boots in the sky?

The Anabaptist Jacques

"...Can a 'madman' influence the world for the better? Clearly so. And therefore, who is to judge madness? L. Ron Hubbard should be viewed this way, and ultimately will be....."

Clutching at straws.....

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Ok here's a really funny joke. What do Marty and Mike haveworn shoes? in commmon with a pair of worn shoes?

Oh wait..... It's not a joke.......

Ok here's a really funny joke. What do Marty and Mike haveworn shoes? in commmon with a pair of worn shoes?

Oh wait..... It's not a joke.......

I saw Mike Rinder walking down the street.

He was wearing only one shoe.

I said, "Mike, did you lose a shoe?"

He replied, "No, I found one."

I'm wondering what are the contributions of Hubbard that Rinder has in mind, seeing how Rinder tried to ruin so many lives in the name of those contribution?

What was the ends that justified such destructive means?

The Anabaptist Jacques

Veda

Sponsor
lronhubbardcolor.jpg

I've seen some of the (confidential) LRH PPRO (Professional Public Relations Officer) materials from late 1970s/early 1980s. Hubbard was very concerned with the preservation of his name and image.

It was all "confidential," and almost anything that is visible and publicized in Scientology, or having to do with L. Ron Hubbard, has a confidential side - whether it's the Scientology "group" 'Friends of L. Ron Hubbard', or 'L. Ron Hubbard presents Writers of the Future' (where aspiring sci-fi authors are given cash awards and published, in exchange for their admiration and adulation of "L. Ron Hubbard, one of the greatest novelists of the 20th century," etc.)

Personally, I don't think Hubbard cared who ran and maintained his front group-surrounded and mental-healing/religion-coated fan club (in their own cynical self-interest with accompanying perks), as long as he/she/they preserved his name and protected and preserved his "image," and maintained the "LRH = Survival"-gimmick, to ensure that other people would assist in the preservation of his name and "image" - to ensure their well-being, their "eternities," etc. etc.

This takes many forms, for example, a while back I received some promo from 'Author Services International' wanting me to buy a leather-bound copy (or copies) of Hubbard's (1930s) pulp-adventure story 'Buckskin Brigades'. According to the promo, buying and owning 'Buckskin Brigades' would ensure the continued recognition of Hubbard as a great novelist, and thus help preserve and promote the (Scientology) tech, which, in turn, would ensure the survival and well being of Mankind and one's spiritual survival and well-being over "eternity."

Miscavige is currently the caretaker for the Hubbard monuments, more than anything else, and, as a result, he has certain perks. Certainly, being surrounded by the recipients of Hubbard's mind-manipulation operation, that "asserted and maintained dominion over thoughts and loyalties," makes it easy for him to enjoy being a bullying dictator - still, he must operate within the already existing cult framework.

Positive LRH image = Survival of Mankind; negative LRH image = Doom.

LRH = Survival.

From a 1989 issue of 'Hotline', an internal 'newsletter' for Scientology LRH PRs:

"...it is LRH's image on which all the rest of our expansion depends. To the degree that LRH is made the stable terminal in society, people will reach for his books and services and we can get them on the Bridge to Total Freedom."

Hubbard set up the ultimate fan club, one that believes that the survival and well being of Mankind, life, the universe and everything, depends on his "being well thought of."

What Marty Rathbun&Friends are doing is largely a PR action to rehabilitate the image and reputation of Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard.

From Marty's Rathbun blog:

"With all the chatter about L. Ron Hubbard's alleged shortcomings, it got me thinking about what the effect of the unprecedented ad hominem attacks against the man were. Hubbard was demonized by the cold war establishment perhaps more than any other civilian figure. One cumulative effect of it all was to one degree or another de-humanize him in the public eye. We see remnants of those effects to this day. [Some have] even come to the conclusion that my mission -and the mission of many independents - is made hopeless by this historical landscape... Providing context to the entire picture is a long term project that I never lose sight of, but unfortunately I have not found the time to devote to it that it deserves..." [Referring to the envisioned LRH biography.]

And,

"Miscavige has run a continuous propaganda campaign attempting to besmirch the good name of L. Ron Hubbard. He has continually given little interest or funds for defending public relations attacks on L. Ron Hubbard."

Marty&Mike and other Independent Scientologists are doing an, apparently, self-assigned PR action for the religion-angled, religion-cloaked, cult of Hubbard, which, ultimately, includes both the CofS Scientology and outside the CofS Scientology, a.k.a. "Greater Scientology." If Rathbun&Friends succeed, to any extent, then, in the long run, the CofS will benefit, once it is rid of Miscavige.

After all, their founder's "image" will have been rehabilitated, as an unfathomable genius, and one of the greatest benefactors of Mankind.

Sadly, it appears that Marty&Mike's "mission" has not changed, merely adjusted to changing circumstances.

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow!!! M&M are really reaching to lay down the Yellow Brick Road in front of what is about to come down the Pike. :melodramatic:

Not only does Rinder reveal how little he knows about Art and Van Gogh's Life, Works and Times he also lays bare his Sophomoric grasp of "Genius", "Madness" and History. :yes:

Here's a tip for ya, Mike...Van Gough was Honest, Van Gogh wasn't in it for the Dough, Van Gough didn't give a rat's ass about his "Legacy". :yes:

Here's another tip for you, Mike...If you want a little insight into the Heart of Van Gogh, go read O. Henry's The Last Leaf. I'm not gonna "Feed you the Cog"...You're gonna have to "Get It" without relying on an auditor, e-meter or El Ron. :coolwink:

Face:)

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

LRH_legacy.jpg

Hubbard has left NOTHING of value to humanity...just a bunch of broken pieces further broken. No art - no aesthetics - nothing! A total madman ... who was a figment of his own delusional mind ... a total failure of a human being. No one likes L Ron Hubbard and NO ONE THINKS HE IS GREAT. The man has been dead for almost 20 years - he was a con man, a liar and a criminal! The world does not care about Dianetics and Scientology and wished it was dead. Their wish is coming true. Let 2013 be the year the Cult goes down!!

snip

Here's another tip for you, Mike...If you want a little insight into the Heart of Van Gogh, go read O. Henry's The Last Leaf. I'm not gonna "Feed you the Cog"...You're gonna have to "Get It" without relying on an auditor, e-meter or El Ron. :coolwink:

Wonderful short story.

And a wonderful analogy to get across the depth of Van Gogh.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Hubbard has left NOTHING of value to humanity...just a bunch of broken pieces further broken. No art - no aesthetics - nothing! A total madman ... who was a figment of his own delusional mind ... a total failure of a human being. No one likes L Ron Hubbard and NO ONE THINKS HE IS GREAT. The man has been dead for almost 20 years - he was a con man, a liar and a criminal! The world does not care about Dianetics and Scientology and wished it was dead. Their wish is coming true. Let 2013 be the year the Cult goes down!!

Well, he was good at what he did.

The Anabaptist Jacques

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Madness and Narcissism are 2 different things. The latter is a personality disorder, not curable.

Artistic creativity and being a BS artist are 2 different things, too :biggrin:

Anonycat

Crusader
I get it. Rinder is going to buy 9,000 scientology books on eBay for $.01 and $.99 shipping each, and make a fortune in a hundred years. Just fantastic, Mike.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Wow!!! M&M are really reaching to lay down the Yellow Brick Road in front of what is about to come down the Pike. :melodramatic:

Not only does Rinder reveal how little he knows about Art and Van Gogh's Life, Works and Times he also lays bare his Sophmoric grasp of Genius, Madness and History. :yes:

Here's a tip for ya, Mike...Van Gough was Honest, Van Gogh wasn't in it for the Dough, Van Gough didn't give a rat's ass about his "Legacy". :yes:

Beautiful...The Last Leaf
https://shop.hueber.de/media/hueber_dateien/Internet_Muster/Red2/3-19-122956-6_Muster_1.pdf

Thank you :)

Sneering sarcasm alert...

."...Can a 'madman' influence the world for the better? Clearly so. And therefore, who is to judge madness? L. Ron Hubbard should be viewed this way, and ultimately will be....." Quote: Rinder.

I really like this from Rinder.

LRH was a madman. Yes that's true...
LRH should be viewed this way. .....What's that? should? yeah, should, but as the Americans say "I got news for you, buddy". :biggrin:

...."and ultimately will be". Oh yeah...so true...three cheers Mike, mock it up and postulate it.:clap: