What's new

Super Power pushed back indefinitely!

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Re: Super Power Building Postponed -- Special Event Permit Info - Insurance

Did a minimal bit of research about what Clearwater requires to obtain a 'Special Event' permit.

Here's a link to the applicable page on the City's own site: http://www.clearwater-fl.com/info/special_events/permits.asp

Special Event Permits

Organizations and individuals who wish to hold any organized activity (concert, sporting activity, rally, parade, fireworks, arts and crafts show, etc.) involving the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits, will need to fill out a Special Event Permit Application (below) for review and approval by the Special Events Committee.

Special Event Permit Application

Permit Process and Cost

• Special Event Permit Applications are only required for events that meet any of the following criteria:
    • Event has 75 people or more
    • Event has Amplified Sound
    • Event involves the use of, or having impact upon public property, public facilities, parks, sidewalks or streets within the city limits
  • Applications are available via the links above, or call 727-562-4700 ext. 0 to have one mailed to your address.
  • The application will not be processed if the information is incomplete and the $100 application fee has not been received.
  • Please make any check payments made payable to the "City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Department".
  • Submit application and payment at least 30 days prior to the event set-up. You can mail printed applications to the City of Clearwater Parks & Recreation Dept. Attn: Christopher Hubbard, 100 S. Myrtle Ave. Clearwater, FL 33756, or fax to 562-4825.
  • All expenses for insurance, security, fencing, restrooms, tents, sound systems, and services provided by City of Clearwater departments shall be paid by the event organizer.
  • In most cases, a minimum of $1 million of insurance per occurance and $2 million general aggregate is required. Securing and paying for insurance is the responsibility of the applicant.

Quick Google searches to insurance carriers sites which offered instant quotes for the $1 million/$2 million 'public liability' coverage as required above spit-out premium prices that ranged from $700.00 - $1900.00 for a One Day Event*. (*5,000 ppl/indoor event/no alcohol/ceremony event.)

Turns out, the quoted premium prices go 'straight up and vertical' (<--heh) if the event requires two or more days. Multiple-day events appear to require substantially more 'public liability' coverage by the insurance carriers -- but Clearwater's site doesn't specifically address this beyond, "n most cases..."

If Co$/scientology did have a One Day Event-type insurance policy ready to go for October 6, 2013 -- a publicly-announced postponement would provide easy proof to the insurance company that all is well at the event site itself and they might be more inclined to quickly issue/re-issue the next policy.

I think the green highlighted portions above intend to mean that the tent must be insured on the event date only. If, for example, Clearwater police personnel are tasked by the City to provide any type of "security" for the tent/tent area between now and the event date, however, then Co$/scientology appears to be responsible to pick-up that tab.

JB

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

Did a minimal bit of research about what Clearwater requires to obtain a 'Special Event' permit.

Here's a link to the applicable page on the City's own site: http://www.clearwater-fl.com/info/special_events/permits.asp

Quick Google searches to insurance carriers sites which offered instant quotes for the $1 million/$2 million 'public liability' coverage as required above spit-out premium prices that ranged from $700.00 - $1900.00 for a One Day Event*. (*5,000 ppl/indoor event/no alcohol/ceremony event.)

Turns out, the quoted premium prices go 'straight up and vertical' (<--heh) if the event requires two or more days. Multiple-day events appear to require substantially more 'public liability' coverage by the insurance carriers -- but Clearwater's site doesn't specifically address this beyond, "n most cases..."

If Co$/scientology did have a One Day Event-type insurance policy ready to go for October 6, 2013 -- a publicly-announced postponement would provide easy proof to the insurance company that all is well at the event site itself and they might be more inclined to quickly issue/re-issue the next policy.

I think the green highlighted portions above intend to mean that the tent must be insured on the event date only. If, for example, Clearwater police personnel are tasked by the City to provide any type of "security" for the tent/tent area between now and the event date, however, then Co$/scientology appears to be responsible to pick-up that tab.

JB

But the rules only apply if you have 75 or more people at the gathering. Davey might just skate on this one. :biggrin:

JBWriter

Happy Sapien

But the rules only apply if you have 75 or more people at the gathering. Davey might just skate on this one. :biggrin:

You'll note I did not highlight it. :p

JB

NoName

A Girl Has No Name

You'll note I did not highlight it. :p

JB

Davey's gonna need to stop the paranoid bullshit of offloading the SO members who ask questions. Aside from the straight up and vertical blow rate of the OOT trainees, offloading is reaching a fever pitch too (according to my sources, anyway).

I really don't understand what the point of even having this event is. Why not just Photoshop the the whole thing and send out the pictures in a magazine to the members. Everything else about the cult is 'make believe' and nobody in the cult seems to care, so why not just do the same with these silly events, instead of embarrassing themselves with such a pathetic turnout?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
--snipped--

Traditionally amnesties were to celebrate some advance or big expansion, (or that was the PR).

Celebrate? LOL

Amnesty…celebration…O/W writeups. A most remarkable absurdity!

Scientologists: The only people on earth who "celebrate" by asking each other "What are your crimes?"

Celebrate? LOL

Scientologists: The only people on earth who "celebrate" by asking each other "What are your crimes?"
A Church that has to offer amnesty to it's members, What is this spiritual amnesty supposed to get you?, A wash away 10 imaginary body thetans voucher? Can it get anymore retarded?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Back in the 90s in Sydney, events were THE big thing in the cult calendar.

They used to be parties where the staff turned up (or not) and maybe tried to recover students or whatever - otherwise it was simply a celebration of sorts (esp. New Years, which inevitably turned into a drunken orgy.)

Then, it became mandatory for staff to turn up before the event, drill, drill, drill whatever post they were assigned and turn up the following day to get money off whomever turned up for the obligatory "Open Day" for supposedly all the public.

The orgs paid a HUGE price for these and inevitably spent the next few months trying to pay for the event venue, catering etc etc only to maybe just get on top of it and the next event would roll around again and back into the red we go .....

Not to mention the mandatory suit/evening gown hire for staff who weren't earning enough to feed themselves.

I got jack of it, and just refused to turn up, as did several other old-timers on staff.

I demanded Hubbard references to prove these events were on-Source. I got given stupid stuff that couldn't apply, no matter how retarded you were.

Eventually "we" got bullied plain and simple into going, and the orgs couldn't pay staff at all due to the event bills.

Once I was out, I could see that events were all about making money "up-lines," fuck the locals.

Now that the Drunken Maggot has cancelled TWO events in a row, it's party time.

There's no way He can't be feeling the pinch big-time, as the events were His major financial inflow. The Idle Morgue scam doesn't even come close.

Truly - it's tick, tock, You Cancerous Little Gnome.

The walls are crumbling under Your tiny feet and You can't do a thing about it.

And THAT make me very happy - Slappy's finally hit the wall.

And it's hurt Him VERY badly.:woohoo:

Helena Handbasket

Gold Meritorious Patron
Once I was out, I could see that events were all about making money "up-lines," fuck the locals.

Now that the Drunken Maggot has cancelled TWO events in a row, it's party time.

There's no way He can't be feeling the pinch big-time, as the events were His major financial inflow. The Idle Morgue scam doesn't even come close.

Truly - it's tick, tock, You Cancerous Little Gnome.

The walls are crumbling under Your tiny feet and You can't do a thing about it.

And THAT make me very happy - Slappy's finally hit the wall.

I think Slappy's plan is working quite well.

For as I've said, his specific mission is to destroy the Church of Scientology from within. At this he is being quite successful.

Helena

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Celebrate? LOL

So - why don't "WE" offer an "amnesty" to all currently-in or on-the-fence culties?:coolwink:

"We" will help if "you" need assistance finding accommodation, job, connecting up with old friends or estranged family etc etc IF you bring dox (esp. OSA) and put your story up here for us all to read.:woohoo:

This is to celebrate OUR year of unprecedented wins against McGarbage and His motley crew:happydance:

You don't even have to do an O/W write-up:omg:

I think that's fair :biggrin:

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
And I might add, here is the person that audited hubbturd the most, was deemed Senior C/S World Wide,

gets shitted on by DM,

And what does he advise:

"I also realized that three of the factors to a good life are: exercise, a healthy diet and reduction of stress".

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthre...-SOLO-NOT-S-is&p=674586&viewfull=1#post674586

He doesn't advise doing more scientology.

Why isn't David Mayo doing scientology in PT if it was so great? Yah think all ex's would be doing scientology. Afterall it is 100% workable.

Scientology is the only religion I know that creates untold amount of stress. :angry:
Nah, scientology has a use-by date. Even if you still think some of it is "workable", sooner or later you'll rise above it and find a better way. It's not a forever occupation.

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
What do you all think the odds are that Miscavige will use one of his few remaining bullets ... a general amnesty?
Misunderstood your post. No I don't think he will.

Wonder if his alcoholism is bad enough that he shakes constantly.

Last edited:

aegerprimo

Summa Cum Laude
Celebrate? LOL

O/W writeups that go in a FOLDER so they have dirt on you so you can be be Fair-Gamed if you blow in the future "because you have O/W's". 'Round 'n 'Round it goes... :hamster:

Gib

Crusader
Nah, scientology has a use-by date. Even if you still think some of it is "workable", sooner or later you'll rise above it and find a better way. It's not a forever occupation.

me up the bridge wife, over the past year, and we both have not done scientology during this time since deb cook message.

well, the woman went on a diet, and did this:

"I also realized that three of the factors to a good life are: exercise, a healthy diet and reduction of stress".

She shred 100 lbs, she's a god damn babe. She now has to run around in the shower to get wet.

And she's happy. :happydance:

OMG.

The stress was scientology. OMG.

I've always been in shape, and I'm not up the bridge.