What's new

Freewinds Asbestos discovered ..finally

Good twin

Floater
I already got an email from Flag promoting Freewinds courses at Flag. After coming on here tonight I rechecked my email but must have deleted it. Will check later for the duplicate that's bound to come and share with you guys.

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Their only conceivable defence is the Chief Engineer's line, namely that Hubbard didn't say asbestos was dangerous so they didn't worry about it. That line won't wash in a criminal prosecution or civil suit, but it might work as a PR defence, although swearing blind that you're unbelievably stupid isn't the best of PR options.

Paul

You missed a big point - anyone that would dare get mesothelioma from the Freewinds blue asbestos was/is obviously PTS and deserved it because they obviously hadn't done the GAT PTS/SP course! :hysterical:

LA SCN

NOT drinking the kool-aid
Hopefully it'll be there last year and not just a bad one. For Sure! It's all comin' out now:thumbsup: And so fast!! There's somthing in the air.. :whistling: All the newbies here all of a sudden, all the bad PR, the real truth is a hairs whisker away.. bring it on:D

AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN

Good twin

Floater
A friend of mine was one of the first OT8s and died of lung cancer. She never smoked. I always thought this was exceptionally strange. Hmmm...:unsure:

Dunvegan

Patron
I guess this is going to be canceled then? :melodramatic:

Oh well. They weren't going to serve cake, no big loss. :cake:

Looks like an Anon called the Ship Office to "book coursework on the Freewinds"...and the Ship's Office says the Freewinds will not be available in time...wonder why?

Here's the audio of the phone call:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgcLdJpbdRA&

The guy answering the "why" of canceling the Freewinds event said something like "It's a major refurbish, like you know, when you have your house redone, and you think it's going to take a week, but it takes a month...."

Right...this is more like "You know, it's like when you have your house refurbished and find you've been outed as living in a miasma of deadly cancer-causing blue asbestos for decades...with hundreds of workers and paying guests...even though you knew about it you went ahead with massive liability and covered it up...well, you know how that is...."

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Hey Dunvegan, welcome to ESMB :)

I wonder if that guy on the video (the Scio) knows the truth or whether they have been fed a shore story. $10 says he has no clue.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Excellent call! Thank you for that look inside their operations.

This shows that even when they are officially shut down for asbestos, they STILL aren't informing the public about it!

I looked around on Google and found Lawrence Woodcraft's affidavit, where this situation was first officially exposed. That affidavit was dated January of 2001.

So for more than 7 years, the CofS has been covering this up and continuing operations, exposing their public to deadly blue asbestos, while charging them heavily and telling them that they are sending them on a trip to health and sanity.

I so hope that law enforcement becomes involved on this.

Please, please, please do something about these lying frauds!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was reading that if asbestos is enclosed it's OK and a check a few years ago said it was OK. It's probably the renovations that brought this about. I'm doing some more research.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I was reading that if asbestos is enclosed it's OK and a check a few years ago said it was OK. It's probably the renovations that brought this about. I'm doing some more research.

Contained asbestos is probably fine in a building that doesn't constantly move.

But what about a ship that is in constant motion? What about times of heavy seas? Don't you think there would be a certain danger in those particles shaking loose?

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Contained asbestos is probably fine in a building that doesn't constantly move.

But what about a ship that is in constant motion? What about times of heavy seas? Don't you think there would be a certain danger in those particles shaking loose?

Oh God yes!
I am looking at how they are going to cover this up - or try to. I really don't think they can this time. :happydance:

Vinaire

Sponsor
How about the exposure to asbestos of those who initially worked on remodeling of Freewinds. Asbestos was floating all over the place at that time and nothing was done about it even when the situation was brought to attention. When non-Scientologist workers objected to it, Scientologist workers were brought in by the management because they could be controlled.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
How about the exposure to asbestos of those who initially worked on remodeling of Freewinds. Asbestos was floating all over the place at that time and nothing was done about it even when the situation was brought to attention. When non-Scientologist workers objected to it, Scientologist workers were brought in by the management because they could be controlled.

That has got to be a crime of some kind. It's got to be!

And that was done in the US, IIRC.

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
We all know how the church is on cancer - it's not caused by things in the environment, so they'll just say it's case.

beyond_horizons

Patron Meritorious
BUSTED! :thumbsup:

This may be a connection between Co$ upper level grads & high rates of cancer.
Bullshit and speaking as a Scientologist, this is totally avoidable!

Ron, in his infinite wisdom and genius, shows us the way to protect ourselves from cancer by smoking cigarettes! We should be fully aware that by smoking a couple of packs each day, and we probably ought to smoke Kools, ... that we can prevent cancer! Go look on his desk!

http://www.xenu.net/archive/multimedia.html#smoking

Those of us who don't smoke know it's our own fault for not following this advice from "source"!

"If it isn’t written it isn’t true!"
-- LRH

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
Day One

Excellent call! Thank you for that look inside their operations.

This shows that even when they are officially shut down for asbestos, they STILL aren't informing the public about it!

I looked around on Google and found Lawrence Woodcraft's affidavit, where this situation was first officially exposed. That affidavit was dated January of 2001.

So for more than 7 years, the CofS has been covering this up and continuing operations, exposing their public to deadly blue asbestos, while charging them heavily and telling them that they are sending them on a trip to health and sanity.

I so hope that law enforcement becomes involved on this.

Please, please, please do something about these lying frauds!

The International Management has known about the Blue Asbestos since Day 1. The plans, in Finnish, were read when the ship was purchased for 11 million dollars cash, in 1986. After a worldwide search, the ship was located in St. Petersburg, Florida, just around the corner from Clearwater. Jens Bogvad was the Mission I/C who found it. He died of cancer within a few years. The Mission I/C to renovate the ship, and ramp up for OT 8 delivery, was a friend of mine. That person said it was known about that the ship had asbestos in it. LRH had advices for fiberglas, not asbestos. "Wog" opinion on toxicity of blue asbestos was ignored.
So, from Day 1, they knew. This has not hit the wires, YET, but when it does, lawdy mama what a flap of vast proportions.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Especially if lots of picket signs say "Google 'Freewinds Asbestos'".

Paul

I did, and what came up was Enturbulation.org press release. That could look like something Anonymous made up to those who may only have a small crack in the armour and who are not willing to look further. I hope the mainstream press get higher in Google soon.