What's new

ARBY’S ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH CoS TO “BOOM” ITS BUSINESS

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
John P. at the Bunker posted this Press Release a couple hours ago:
http://tonyortega.org/2013/11/11/sc...own-six-days-to-blast-off/#comment-1118014882

Customers Invited to Savor World’s Best Roast Beef at Sites of World’s Fastest Growing Religion

ATLANTA and HEMET, November 11, 2013 – Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. and The Church of Scientology International

Today, Arby’s and Scientology are pleased to announce a sweeping joint venture that will see Arby’s locations open in all Scientology Ideal Orgs, a “straight up and vertical expansion” move that will increase the size of the Arby’s chain. Scientology will name Arby’s the official sandwich provider of the Sea Org, its elite ecclesiastical unit, and Arby’s will name Scientology its official favorite new religious movement. The deal will be supported by a revenue-sharing and cooperative marketing agreement whose terms were not disclosed.

Explaining the rationale of the deal, Paul Brown, CEO of Arby’s Restaurant Group, said “If Chick-Fil-A, another large restaurant chain in the quick service space, can see business soar due to emphasizing its anti-gay stance stemming from its founder’s Christian religious beliefs, why can’t we ‘boom our stats’ by using a controversial religion to win over new followers?"

Scientology’s ecclesiastical leader, COB RTC David Miscavige, points out Scientology’s rationale for pursuing this groundbreaking partnership: “We’re always looking for ‘fresh meat’ in Scientology, and since our numerous other increasingly desperate attempts to get people in the door aren’t working, we naturally thought a partnership with the food chain that is the unquestioned experts in freshness of the meat it serves to its customers was a natural.”

After pausing for a few seconds to scream at and strike several cowed underlings, Mr. Miscavige continued, “And we could really use the rent from Arby’s to help us keep the lights on in our Ideal Orgs, which are packed day and night from all the people seeking refuge from a world where hamburger-based fast food seems to be taking over like drugs. Speaking of drugs, can I mention Narconon here?”

In the arrangement, Arby’s will increase its locations by over ten times, opening approximately 32,500 locations in the Scientology Ideal Orgs in 3,754 countries on all 53 continents. Management anticipates the creation of over 47 million jobs to support the anticipated demand from Scientologists and others. The joint venture restaurants will be run on the time-tested management principles of noted restauranteur L. Ron Hubbard, and the staff will be paid on the Sea Org pay scale, a motivational tool that has allowed Scientology to “clear the planet” in just a few short years. Importanty, even if Scientology never sells a sandwich, all 47 million employees will be trained in Scientology techniques as part of the revolutionary productivity enhancement programs.

Brown continued, “Heck, even our slogans and marketing programs are compatible. Our slogan is ‘slicing up freshness’ and Scientology’s seems to be ‘slicing up wallets.’ We take this as further evidence that our two corporate cultures will mesh together. We are exploring creating kiddie value meals that include our healthy roast beef sandwiches, a small portion of French fries and either a Xenu plush toy or an action figure of Terl from ‘Battlefield Earth.’”

About Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc.
Arby’s Restaurant Group, Inc. is a leading global quick-service restaurant company operating and franchising over 3,400 restaurants worldwide. Arby’s was the first nationally franchised, coast-to-coast sandwich chain and has been serving fresh, craveable meals since it opened its doors in 1964. Arby’s is on a never-ending quest for the perfect sandwich starting with the Classic Roast Beef and French Dip to the deli-style Market Fresh® line of sandwiches and salads. Visit Arbys.com for more information and to connect with Arby’s on Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, Instagram and other social media channels.

About The Church of Scientology International
Scientology is the world’s fastest growing religion. In sixty years, the Church has gone from a fever dream of a hackneyed pulp science fiction writer to a major force in the world today, with over 14 billion members in 38,901 countries on all 53 continents. Scientology is reknowned for its charitable works, with Volunteer Ministers routinely parachuting into disaster scenes, “making it go right,” and for its literacy training and drug education programs. Ecclesiastical leader David Miscavige continues the tradition of humane treatment of staff and customers, and ethical fundraising laid down by founder L. Ron Hubbard, “Mankind’s greatest friend(tm).”

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Re: ARBY’S ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY TO “BOOM” ITS BUSINESS

I've never heard of Arby's and if they go to bed with the cult I don't think I ever will.

Arby's is a fast food restaurant over here in the U.S.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arby's

As of January 9, 2013, there were 1,013 company-owned restaurants and 2,347 franchised restaurants. There are international locations in four countries outside of the United States, to wit: Canada, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates, and Qatar.[SUP][9][/SUP] It also owns the franchise T.J. Cinnamons that, as of December 2012, has locations worldwide.

arbys-is-planning-a-total-relaunch--new-menu-new-logo-new-ads--for-q3.jpg

That has to be a parody, I can see it now, setting up restuarants in a business that can't afford to purchase toilet paper for it's restrooms.

I'd like to order a medium roast beef sandwich with curly fries, but the cult took all my money, so could I trade you a few hours of auditing for it.

Well, I'd take you up on your offer, but your cult hasn't paid it's utility bills in months and as a result the gas for our stoves has been turned off.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
Re: ARBY’S ANNOUNCES AGREEMENT WITH CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY TO “BOOM” ITS BUSINESS

Arby's is a fast food restaurant over here in the U.S.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arby's

arbys-is-planning-a-total-relaunch--new-menu-new-logo-new-ads--for-q3.jpg

Perhaps I saw one in Istanbul, but it left no lasting impression so I can't remember, there would be no reason to visit a burger bar where there is wonderful fresh healthy food on every street corner. If they open up in all the UK Idle orgs they'll have to do a lot of construction then wait for the orgs to open, and that could be many many years, and the public will be too broke to eat anything but cheese sandwiches they made earlier. They'll lose a fortune.

Techless

Patron Meritorious
OMG - unbelievable!

And especially since it's so healthy and all. I mean Arby's has done just the opposite of every other junk food chain in trying to be 'healthy'. Oh, wait minute: this fits perfectly with Scn operating methods!

I suppose they'll be extending credit to all the impoverished staff...and will go belly up soon thereafter.

Starbucks will be next....then...

All ideal orgs will become 'Food Courts'

yeah -

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, really, this has to be a joke . . . . right?

If not, my guess, Arby's sold out to some scno - and the scno did this. STUPID. As said above, who in SO would have the money to buy a sandwich. They eat rice and beans, get paid zilch . . . Arby's is MEAT. ROAST BEEF. One meal would be a months pay. I am gonna guess, this is like a mafia deal, when the mafia goes into a bar/restaurant, takes it over, as a 'partner', silent of course, and rapes it of all profits, rips it off, until the owner goes bankrupt, or burns the business down for the insurance. Sopranos anyone? :footbullet:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
Btw, this thread should be posted in the Humor section.

Last time I ate at Arby's, like last century, I got food poisoning. I haven't eaten there since. There's even two Arby's stores within a a couple miles from where I live. I'm just glad there are no secretive scio organizations lurking in the back of those stores!

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It's a joke, guys. Sample quote to illustrate this:

In the arrangement, Arby’s will increase its locations by over ten times, opening approximately 32,500 locations in the Scientology Ideal Orgs in 3,754 countries on all 53 continents. Management anticipates the creation of over 47 million jobs to support the anticipated demand from Scientologists and others.

Paul

cakemaker

Patron Meritorious
Good grief!

How can you think it's not a joke??? :duh:

- “We’re always looking for ‘fresh meat’ in Scientology,
- After pausing for a few seconds to scream at and strike several cowed underlings, Mr. Miscavige continued
opening approximately 32,500 locations in the Scientology Ideal Orgs in 3,754 countries on all 53 continents
- a Xenu plush toy or an action figure of Terl from ‘Battlefield Earth
- the Church has gone from a fever dream of a hackneyed pulp science fiction writer to a major force in the world today, with over 14 billion members in 38,901 countries on all 53 continents.

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good grief!

How can you think it's not a joke??? :duh:

- “We’re always looking for ‘fresh meat’ in Scientology,
- After pausing for a few seconds to scream at and [STRIKE]strike[/STRIKE] beat the hell out of several cowed underlings, Mr. Miscavige continued
opening approximately 32,500 locations in the Scientology Ideal Orgs in 3,754 countries on all 53 continents
- a Xenu plush toy or an action figure of Terl from ‘Battlefield Earth
- the Church has gone from a fever dream of a hackneyed pulp science fiction writer to a major force in the world today, with over 14 billion members in [STRIKE]38,901[/STRIKE] 38,903 countries on all 53 continents.

You think it is a joke?
A few transcription errors and you throw the baby out with the bathwater and think it is a joke? :duh:
No wonder you are on a natterboard.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
That has to be a parody, I can see it now, setting up restuarants in a business that can't afford to purchase toilet paper for it's restrooms.

I'd like to order a medium roast beef sandwich with curly fries, but the cult took all my money, so could I trade you a few hours of auditing for it.

Well, I'd take you up on your offer, but your cult hasn't paid it's utility bills in months and as a result the gas for our stoves has been turned off.

Arby's can run a special: Free Roll of Toilet Paper With Each Value Meal (for IAS Members Only)

Shanester

Patron
Arby's! Technically, it's food

Yes, it's a joke! Most people in America know that Arby's is a joke! Have you eaten there recently? Arby's makes the most insipid sandwiches that rival only Jack in the Box in their questionable meatiness.

Arby's is a frequent target of Jon Stewart on the Daily Show who sometimes skewers a target (for example, the Tea Party Republicans) then pulls aside and says, "This segment was sponsored by... Arby's. Technically, it's food!"

Tragically, the October 10, 2013 episode of the Daily Show, which had a classic example of this, is no longer available, but, at least, a description of said skewering is provided here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/...ess-GOP-states-that-refuse-to-expand-Medicaid

John P.'s post is so freakin' hilarious, I bow to his caustic genius!
Remember! "Arby's! Technically, it's food" :roflmao:

Techless

Patron Meritorious
Now one can get an 'intensive' - with cheese - or intense cheese, whatever.

really though: it's sinister plan is really: to keep everyone's metabolism 'up' for at least long enough to get through squeezing cans...

Horsey Sauce I.V.'s anyone??

And then, everybody notices that Arbyology cuisine produces the only genetically altered 'beef'- that shines rainbow colors (think oil-slick on top of water) when looked at from an angle...really!

Pure Comedy

Deeana

Patron with Honors
Obviously lots and lots of people must LIKE Arby's, since they have stayed in business and expanded when other chains of their type have gone out of business. And they do have other things on their menu than roast beef sandwiches. How do I know this? My youngest grandchild is a BIGTIME Arby's fan.

John P.'s writing is good enough that you actually think it is real - for a little while. But when David Miscavige had to stop to slap an underling, that was a clue to me that it was satire.

Shanester

Patron
Now one can get an 'intensive' - with cheese - or intense cheese, whatever.

Horsey Sauce I.V.'s anyone??

And then, everybody notices that Arbyology cuisine produces the only genetically altered 'beef'- that shines rainbow colors (think oil-slick on top of water) when looked at from an angle...really!

Pure Comedy

Techless is not kidding. The iridescent quality of the meat in an Arby's sandwich would be quite pretty, really, if it weren't supposed to be -- you know -- food!

Cheez whiz! This sounds like a bunch of horsey... sauce! And, yes, Horsey Sauce is fo' realz, yo!

Stephen Colbert says it best! http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/370180/january-06-2011/shout-out-to-arby-s?xrs=share_copy

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Back in the 80s Arbys was half decent, especially on a student stipend. The roast beef was better quality meat than the pink slime that goes into a fast food burger. Then some MBA who called their food a "product" instead of "sandwiches" took over and tanked the quality. I was forced to eat there on a long road trip 2 years ago. First time since grad school.

It sucked.

Hard.