What's new

Kate in tune with wacky Tom

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23630963-5007132,00.html

SINGING Scientologist Kate Ceberano has chimed in to defend fellow devotee Tom Cruise over his belief in the controversial faith.

Ceberano, who was one of the first high-profile Australians to publicly proclaim her involvement with Scientology, told Confidential this week "people superimpose a lot of stuff on (Cruise)."

Watch loony Tom wax lyrical about Scientology

"It's incredibly unfair and I think they do it from a distance because they can. But they don't really know the person," Ceberano said.

The It Takes Two favourite affirmed her dedication to Scientology when she lived in Los Angeles during the 1990s.

At the time she shared a house with Scientology pal, Dharma & Greg star Jenna Elfman.

She backed Cruise, who "was just like the rest of us - living his life as best he can.

"At this point in time, with society the way it is, we could do with all the help we can get and I don't care where you find it."

Ceberano said Scientology, founded by late sci-fi writer L. Ron Hubbard, had been "a very valuable philosophy for me".

"My life is a series of wonderful ups and downs, happy accidents and surprises. Scientology helps me," she said.

"I use the philosophy of the church as a tool to live and I find it very successful."

Asked if there were many Aussie celebrities within the Scientology ranks, she replied cryptically: "More than you probably Media mogul know."

James Packer and his wife Erica are members of Scientology.

gomorrhan

Gold Meritorious Patron
I guess that's a new definition of celebrity. Who is Kate Cerberano? Who is James Packer? And why are they considered celebrities if I haven't heard of them? Pretty minor stars.

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Ah yes, I've noticed an infatuation with chickens, but I didn't want to say anything :p

It's difficult not to notice.

We usually try to change the subject, or lead his attention elsewhere. But sometimes it overwhelms him and we just have to look the other way while he ... well, you know.

When it's over, we just keep talking like nothing happened.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
An interesting point is she says "philosophy" not "religion".

Kate's a great gal, though also a generational Scio like me ...I hope one day she can see her way out.

Tanstaafl

Crusader
I see the sad, intolerant Armadillo fetishists are out chicken-bashing again.

Face it - chickens can be sexy.

sexy_chicken_t250.JPG

OHTEEATE

OHHHHH!!!!

Aussie Jealousy, unbridled! Whhoooooppppp Whooooop! Yes, WE ARE the entire world, the other countries are just window dressing! Canada is a pimple on our ass, mexico is our sewer. China is our manufacturing bitch. Whoop whoop! How about THOSE apples?:thumbsup:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Aussie Jealousy, unbridled! Whhoooooppppp Whooooop! Yes, WE ARE the entire world, the other countries are just window dressing! Canada is a pimple on our ass, mexico is our sewer. China is our manufacturing bitch. Whoop whoop! How about THOSE apples?:thumbsup:

:kangaroo:

Where are you Emmmma? They is dissing us.
:megaphone:

:kangaroo:

Neo

:D I have an awful feeling this is heading for a thread diversion to rival nose picking or chickens. I should be quiet now.

Too late, it's already been diverted beyond repair. There's been chickens, armadillos, americans, australians, :melodramatic:

Who says Kate Ceberano and James Packer don't have clout?