What's new

David Miscavige - A Dangerous Sociopath

On David Miscavige, I am convinced that he is a textbook sociopath. Recent studies show that possibly 4% of the population are. Because sociopaths are ruthless and will squash their rivals and burn institutions to the ground in order to reach their goals, they are incredibly destructive. He simply needs to be imprisoned to protect society from him, and I think that his actions have show that to be a reasonable decision. I also, believes that he understand this, and that is he will do everything to avoid prosecution.

I believe as a society that it’s important that people be aware of the characteristics of a sociopath, so that they can protect themselves from them. My fiancé recently lost a good friend who was under the influence of a sociopath. May she RIP.

Below, are some of the disturbing characteristics of the sociopathic mind:

1) Sociopaths Lack a Conscience
Sociopaths know the intellectual difference between right and wrong. They understand society’s expectations. They understand what moral behavior is supposed to look like. They even understand that actions have consequences. The problem is, they do not care. They do not feel remorse or guilt. They have no inner compass to guide them, and so they do exactly what they want at any given moment. This lack of conscience means that it does not matter to them if they trample on the rights, feelings, or safety of others. It means that they have no limits and are therefore capable of anything; it is a recipe for endless cruelty and depravity.

2) Sociopaths Feel a Limited Range of Human Emotions
Sociopaths are emotionally crippled. They feel anger, rage, and envy in full force, which fuels aggressive behavior in many of them. But the rest of their emotions are shallow and fleeting. Because of this disability, sociopaths are unable to truly connect with other people. They are unable to have real empathy for others, because they cannot relate to emotional pain. And, most ominously, they are unable to love. This emotional defect also means that they must spend their entire lives watching others and learning to imitate behaviors that they are unable to engage in naturally; in this way, they become demented chameleons. They are pathetic and empty, and this makes them chronically bored. The boredom is almost painful for them, and they will do anything to alleviate it. This contributes to their tendency to act impulsively and recklessly. And ultimately, they will do anything and everything to get rid of their boredom because, having no conscience and no empathy, they do not care who gets hurt in the process.

3) Sociopaths View Everything in Life—Including Relationships—As Games to be Won
Sociopaths have an insatiable need to win. This desire to win is so strong that they sometimes will take themselves down in the process of becoming the “winner.” Because they are unable to build real relationships, they view their interactions with others as games. Other people are simply pawns to be played. And because they have no conscience, they make up their own unethical rules for those “games.” They use tactics like mirroring, deception, projection, gaslighting, pity plays, and other forms of emotional and physical abuse to idealize, manipulate, confuse, and intimidate others, all in the name of “winning.”

4) Sociopaths Live to Exploit Others
The ultimate purpose of every sociopath's life is to do whatever it takes to get what he or she wants at that moment. Since they do not understand love, they view other people as objects to be obtained, used, and then discarded. And so in all their interactions with others, they follow a particular pattern—idealize, devalue, and discard—over and over and over again. They are constantly scoping out potential targets and assessing them as sources of supply; they might want money, a place to live, sex, a cloak of normalcy, or a short-term thrill. They often throw people away suddenly and brutally, ignore them for days, months, or even years, and then contact them again as if no time has passed and all is well. Their desires change unexpectedly and abruptly, and nothing stops them from pursuing those desires in any way they can.

5) Sociopaths Believe they are Superior Beings
Sociopaths see nothing wrong with using people and then throwing them away. They feel completely justified in lying, cheating, stealing, and manipulating others. In fact, not only do they see nothing wrong with their behavior, they actually believe that they are incredibly superior to other people! Every time they are able to con their targets, they view that as evidence of the targets’ weakness. And, they do not suffer from low self-esteem or insecurities (although they often pretend to “feel” that way in order to manipulate others). On the contrary, they are egotistical and arrogant. And this makes it impossible for them to benefit from therapy, and it makes it impossible for them to change. Why should they change, when they believe they are already better than everyone else? This, I believe, is the main reason why there is no cure for sociopathy.

(source -https://www.psychopathfree.com/content.php?278-Understanding-How-Sociopaths-Think-Why-It-is-Good-to-Ask-Why)

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
He is indeed a Sociopath, Psychopats are more calculating

I dunno. Davy had an insulated and stunted upbringing. And he's been surrounded by Yes men all his adult life. Who knows how calculating he would have been if he'd been trained in critical thought instead of Hubbard's bullshit.

AnonKat

Crusader
I dunno. Davy had an insulated and stunted upbringing. And he's been surrounded by Yes men all his adult life. Who knows how calculating he would have been if he'd been trained in critical thought instead of Hubbard's bullshit.

Hubbard was more calculating I think Davey boy missed a few pointers from the old man. Hubbards Narcissism is what got him in the end. But being a Paranoid Shizophrenic didn't help either.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hubbard was more calculating I think Davey boy missed a few pointers from the old man. Hubbards Narcissism is what got him in the end. But being a Paranoid Shizophrenic didn't help either.

Hubbard had more of a normal upbringing, though I do wonder how normal, exactly. And he was hardly likely to open up all of his bag of tricks for Davy to see, so I agree Davy is missing pieces from the Old Man's toolkit, and Davy isn't smart enough to acquire them on his own. Hence the current dwindling spiral.

Gadfly

Crusader
Hubbard had more of a normal upbringing, though I do wonder how normal, exactly. And he was hardly likely to open up all of his bag of tricks for Davy to see, so I agree Davy is missing pieces from the Old Man's toolkit, and Davy isn't smart enough to acquire them on his own. Hence the current dwindling spiral.

I doubt that Hubbard himself would be doing any better in the INTERNET AGE. :no:

The entire "situation" for Scientology has changed dramatically with the "information age" (easy access to divergent views and facts).

I doubt that any combination of Hubbard trickery would do much better than DM.

I don't see that the "current dwindling spiral" is largely due to DM versus Hubbard being in control. In fact, Hubbard might have driven it into the ground even faster. But, who knows really? Just my opinion.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I doubt that Hubbard himself would be doing any better in the INTERNET AGE. :no:

The entire "situation" for Scientology has changed dramatically with the "information age" (easy access to divergent views and facts).

I don't see that the "current dwindling spiral" is largely due to DM versus Hubbard being in control. In fact, Hubbard might have driven it into the ground even faster. But, who knows really? Just my opinion.

Hubbard was adaptable and creative, whatever his other faults. Would the cult have been hurt by the 'Net under him? Sure. As much as now? I doubt it. But there are too many variables for me to make a strong case.

Gadfly

Crusader
Hubbard was adaptable and creative, whatever his other faults. Would the cult have been hurt by the 'Net under him? Sure. As much as now? I doubt it. But there are too many variables for me to make a strong case.

Yep, too many variables, and coming to any arguable conclusion would require FAR more time, energy and thought than I am willing to invest. :biggrin:

Agreed. Some Ex-Scientologist aren't ready to confront LRH's crimes. Check out:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?34647-High-Crimes-Exposed-Bill-Franks-Interview

AnonKat

Crusader

He never talks about his parents and he hates God

They might have been fanatical religious zealots, and he got with the belt alot I think.

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron

Perhaps environment plays a part in the development of a sociopath. Does the cause matter?

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hey, we're doing our damndest at ESMB to train him in critical thought.

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious

Cool. You sound like you know alot. How many were in your orgs div 6? How many so reps, otherwise known as fr's fbo's d/fbo's were in your org? What did you see in real life?

Maybe your were just the lucky mimeo guy. Or an unlucky public who had to memorize where the back door was.

scn made dm, it isn't the other way around.

WhatWall

Silver Meritorious Patron
According to Dr. Stout's The Sociopath Next Door, they (mental health professionals) don't yet know what "makes" a sociopath. By all that we know of him, Miscavige certainly seems to be one.

Every former Scientologist has been to a degree, depending on their level of participation, involved in a relationship with a sociopath and suffers the damage. The pros say that recognizing the sociopath is the first step in recovery. It's certainly helped me.

Hubbard had quite a few sociopathic traits and created sociopathic circumstances:
  • Alienated family
  • Closest friends suddenly became his most hated enemies
  • Lust for money
  • Extreme vanity
  • Extremely charming
  • Cruel at times
  • Abusive relationships with wives
  • Artful lier

A few of his traits don't point towards sociopathy, such as the fact that he worked hard at writing fiction for a living. Sociopaths regard work as beneath them and as something that should be done for them. He also spent a lot of time researching prior to writing one of his fictional works. Based on my understanding, sociopaths only invest their intellectual capital in things that enhance their capability to dominate & manipulate.

I'm not saying that Hubbard wasn't a sociopath but I suspect some other label is more fitting.

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
He is indeed a Sociopath, Psychopats are more calculating

is he? How do you know? based on what others have said about him?

I do not like DM but at least I actually know him and have worked with him. I can read wiki with them best of them but I hesitate to hand out off hand "diagnoses" it is the exact same thing that scientologists do.

He certainly can be unpleasant and he is both driven and fanatical but I wonder how much of that is because he has very little to work with. He is not an overly intelligent person - I do not mean that he is stupid or anything close to that but he lacks any sort of intellectual gravitas. He comes across as a ruthless bureaucrat type of person who is only happy when he has a rule book.

Maybe he is an inadequate person who thinks he has the huge huge "purpose" and who knows he does not have the ability or the "tech" to do it? Every year he seems to get more and more desperate because everything is turning to shit. Not sure that makes him a sociopath.

Free Being Me

Crusader
shelly-miscavige1.jpg