What's new

Helmut Flasch and Helen Chen

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Anonycat piqued my interest in the activities of Freezoner Helen Chen in Taiwan. I'll repost some items from the original thread, but I am curious about her and her husband, Helmut Flasch. I'm starting this thread as a repository.

Anonycat said:
What's a dead baby to a matchmaker?

The problem with Scientology: Helen Chen is a rather well known person in Taiwan as she appears on TV in several occasions to promote her books or her Heart Bridge Consultancy - a life coach and mainly match making company. She even got onto Chinese TV programs. She didn't mention that she has a Helen Chen Academy in LA that offers full Scientology services.

What did she do? She started a nursery for staff on 7th floor, 1 or 2 staff watching 12 babies while the minimum is 1:5. Staff have absolutely no qualifications as they are the parents taking turn on duty. It is not registered. What made it totally illegal is that she charges about US$700 a month for nursery fees.

Each baby has about 3 sq metres of space. It is above minimum BUT that baby did not go home with parent after work. The baby lives there since 6 month old, until he died at one year old. The parents were told that he had flu symptoms three days ago. The father claimed that he WAS about going to take him to see a doctor. The staff on duty in the morning found that the baby was dead.

Helen Chen was the match maker of the parents.

Article Google translated:

Fuxing North Road in Taipei heart bridge consultants kangaroo for staff, trainees Nursery child care infants, one-year-old surnamed Jiang baby boy sudden death case occurred yesterday. Police identified the baby boy three days before there are symptoms of a cold, but the parents did not the hospital, whether such sudden death, prosecutors indicate that the remains of the ice deposit and then check.

Heart Bridge, spiritual growth, marriage consultant company president Chen Helen author of "president said," Century matchmaker "book, a minor celebrity in the gender marriage.

The preliminary police investigation nursery room of about 15 square meters to accommodate twelve babies, not professionally qualified nanny to take care of; usually by staff and students take turns attendants, even the baby boy parents Child. Police suspected illegal daycare center, has notified the Bureau of Social Affairs investigation.

Taipei City Bureau of Social Affairs, Women and Children chief of Du Tzu Jung said that the nursery is not on the roster of qualified file daycare institutions currently confirmed its mode of operation, if the violation of the Child and Youth Welfare and Protection of the Rights and Interests of law, be liable to six not three million $ fines. Required by children less care five infants received more than one agency, just hire an outsider to take care of the parents of fees shall apply for the Bureau of Social Affairs'.

Du, Tzu Jung said, but the nursery what is a parent support groups or NGOs to nature, can not be determined yet. The government encourages enterprises to set up childcare institutions, is to hire professionally trained personnel to take care of. Legal Babysitting agencies, to take care of and the proportion of infants for at least five, a baby quiet activity area about Ping.

Jiang surname baby more than ten o'clock yesterday, is to take over the care of Huang, the students found the cold hands and feet, and taken to hospital where he died. Surnamed female employees of the consulting firm in charge of the nursery evening shift, the night before the lights are turned off so that the baby have not found anything abnormal bedtime.

Jiang surname baby boy father, children six months old in the baby room to take care of; inform baby boy three days ago to take care of personnel with the symptoms of a cold, he had intended to bring the doctor yesterday, I did not expect too late.

The Jiang Father He is also a consultant Heart Bridge students, and surnamed female employees and Huang, trainees are cooked, he did not want to report on the Chen women and a man surnamed Huang mentioning.

Baby boy special location of sudden death, the cause of death is unknown, the prosecutor instructed the police access to the building all the monitors and baby boy medical records first, then a further investigation.

AC, that link on the news aggregator site is dead, but with her actual Chinese name from the Youtube Channel, I was able to track the original article down here.

TWG, the date on the article is February 19, 2013, the incident took place the day before.

Here is an article about her matchmaking service. Very SO-like. She disapproves of pre-marital relations, and if the marriage is set up like a businesss with the same goals, it will be successful. That article, BTW, is in the Epoch Times, which was founded by four members of another batshit crazy UFO cult, Falun Dafa (Falun Gong).

[Edit: Here is her blog. And here is the interesting thing: that blog is written in Mainland simplified characters, hosted on a Mainland site. Most Taiwanese, be they Taiwanese Greens or Nationalists from other provinces, do not use that script. She has deep ties in the Mainland, and seems to operate there as much as in Taiwan. I can't tell for sure, but she may be specializing in finding matches for Mainlanders with Taiwanese and ABCs. THAT is a sordid business. :melodramatic:].

Helen Chen's Facebook Page.

And her organization's Facebook Page.

Interestingly enough, she uses the Traditional Characters for her name on the Taiwan facing pages, with no links to the .cn sites where she uses the Simplified Characters. Most ROC people I know who do business in China use the Traditional form of their names even on the Mainland, it's a Confucian thing about honoring their parent's choice of name.

Oooh, doesn't this look like a Co$ picture?

379514_503516906337740_1617464563_n.jpg

And here we go! Clears and OTs!

Goddamn, the tech is a fucking virus. Kill it!

Interesting find. We found an anti-Co$ blog from Taiwan earlier this year that seemed to be defunct. I ran across it just now - seems to have moved, and the English site has not been updated since February, but the Chinese site is regularly updated. And I found some commentary on Helen Chen's squirrel SO nursery story interspersed in a reprint of the article AC posted. Here is the snipped commentary and my translations (better translations are welcomed):

And here's the video of the arrest. Doing the walk of shame with the hoods down.

[video=youtube;tCgxu6lqync]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tCgxu6lqync[/video]

OK, question to you California peeps.

Is the Helen Chen Academy in LA still in business? The links to their former website are dead. It looks like Helen is now based in Taiwan and spending a considerable amount of time on the Mainland. Did she run out of fresh meat in LA, or get run out by DM? Allegedly they were outperforming AOLA two years ago, and then BAM! Implosion and silence? Inquiring minds want to know what's up with that.

How did Helen get into the Co$ in the first place?

Helmut is selling a load of shit disguised as business consulting. Allegedly she's helping in those efforts in Taiwan, but she's got at least 4 other irons in the fire there, plus making the circuit of the Taiwanese talk shows. What's the dope on Helmut, and where did he meet Helen? Did she bring family money into his ventures?

Funny, Helen advertises her marriage to an "entrepreneur" in her matchmaking enterprises, but never mentions he's Caucasian, because that business is all about perpetuating the traditional Chinese family.

Another question - were she and Helmut whales or mini-whales, or did their money making come by siphoning off some from the top of the cult's revenue? Their PR makes them look big time, but when you get into it, there is just empty words.

Indies acting like the Co$ is a special hot button of mine. Add the Taiwanese connection and the death of that kid and she's earned a special place on my shit list, but I know some of you have interacted with her.

Spill it, peeps.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have some basic questions first:

When did Helen and Helmut get into the Co$?

What were they doing when they got married?

What did they do before they were FSMs?

Was Helen really OT8 when she left the Co$?

What level was Helmut when he blew?

When, exactly, did they blow?

What are the FSM ranks - "Elite", "Power", etc. awarded for?

Was Helen pulling this matchmaker shit when she was in the Co$?

Does anyone know Helen's family background?

Was Helmut in WISE while in the Co$?

Since Helmut's "business consulting" seems, despite his vague claims to broader experience, to be aimed at foisting LRH tech onto dentists, did he steal a bunch of WISE clients when he went squirrel?

What the fuck happened to the Helen Chen Academy?

Where are the graduates of said Academy now?

Any reports, aside from this one, about this pair of dingo's kidneys abusing their employees? (Heh, now that is proper application of pure LRH tech, isn't it? But that shit doesn't fly if the employee isn't brainwashed enough to sign a billion year contract).

Aside from the sordid affair of the illegal overnight daycare with the 1:12 adult: child ratio (legal is 1:5) she was charging US$200 - $300 per month for (serious money for a working stiff in Taiwan), of course. I will be following that one as I get information. She's facing some serious charges in Taiwan on that one.

I think that will do for a start.

I'll try to get some clips of this huge movie flop she was in, trying to jumpstart a film career using some of her matchmaking clients.

Anonycat

Crusader
Twitter: https://twitter.com/eendeeier73
Helmut G. Flasch
DOB: 1/4/69
Nationality: Austrian
Zero LinkedIn connections: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/helmut-flasch/15/94/994
He has spammed this over a period of years: http://www.unadvertising.info/
Ripoff Report: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Docto...onsistent-record-of-hiring-employees-a-525390
1987-2005 Completions: http://www.truthaboutscientology.com/stats/by-name/h/helmut-g.-flasch.html
Spam Phone Call (reporting) site where Helmut defends his own reported phone number: http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-777-988-0282

Helmut G. Flasch
26 Oct 2011
I am Helmut G. Flasch and this is one our marketing centers phones we legitamate business to help dentists in USA sell their services to patients and we operate according to sound Scientology principles. Just be sure to cooperate when my team calls and there will be no problems with the dental practice and if you like I will help you personally join other scientologists who now are very happy in life without their burden of material wealth holding down their joys. You everybody visit my business website unadvertise.com and then my companies would contact you soon for evaluation of the services. I need your email address too for demonstration and then you will see it better and have money.
Caller: Helmut G. Flasch
Call Type: Telemarketer

Here's his quote of having 100 staff in California, although with all his self-salesmanship, his site went down not long after he's celebrating his own B.S. stories - note that all of his links now go nowhere: http://mylrh.wordpress.com/2010/10/...of-scientology-delivery-outside-church-walls/

Helmut Flasch | October 17, 2010

Hello Wayne, a bit over a week ago you talked about that her are NO scientology orgs operating, rather than a few individual auditors
I promised you to correct you on this matter and send you the stats.
Even though I have posted them before you seem not to have been online for a while and might not have seen the stats. Please let me know what you think and whether we are talking apples & apples, or whether you still need to see something else to see that SCN not only can but is applied and will continue as a technology.
Now, keep in mind that I do make no effort of simulating an org in structure as I do not believe that this structure, even though workable LRH, is not working.
But our group does have a hundred staff even tough over half are part-time.
We also own our own building, and are profitable.
While the is only one group there are two locations – one in Taiwan an done in the USA.

Conman Classic - a blog from 4 years ago, where he's trying again (he spams a lot) to sell the idea of using other people to promote you. It's simply pursuing "word of mouth" recommendations, but in a disingenuous manner, and with premeditation, and is mostly just spam.

Now imagine what happens if all those people who know you as a jolly fellow and who see your name gets mentioned over and over again, ALSO see that you completely dominate the internet.

What I mean by that is, imagine that if people type in “dentist” or “physician” and your city name in Google, and they NOT ONLY see you on your web site, but they see your videos on dozens and dozens of web sites.

If they happen to type in your name — because they have heard about you from your community activities — they literally will see thousands of your web sites and/or videos.

This is what I call domination of the internet.

In your profession, in your five to ten miles radius YOU WILL BE as well-advertised (and more trusted) as McDonald’s or Coca Cola.

Hey, at least he got a couple of comments in the four years the blog has been up: http://blog.unadvertise.com/article...g-relatively-rough-times-for-everyone#respond

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks.

Dentists and chiropractors. He has the same target demographic as WISE.

Do you know what he did besides FSMing in the cult?

And has Helen left his sorry ass to pursue her own interests in Taipei? That would be rich given all her "put marriage before career" rhetoric on her matchmaking sites.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
There is no question that she surrounds her love workshop clients with LRH materials..

The Red volumes ( mind/counselling tech) I believe 18 of them are on her left under the clock wall and the Green Volumes )organization tech) (10 ?volumes )second shelf down by the window. I noticed on one of her marriage classes the TONE scale (issued by Bridge pubs) on a wall but can't find that video.

In half a dozen RADIO TALKS shows and some more videos, I heard ZERO about LRH or Scientology, but from what I understand she is very pro LRH and keeps mentioning HONESTY but she HIDES her uses of Scientology in her lectures, TV interviews and Maybe her books( I have not seen inside any of them). I have to get out my dictionary again, and clear the word hypocrite. :confused2: Maybe there is a TR-HIDE in one of the HATS that she keeps referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nl4L9g8nR_0 . One minute and 28 seconds. Maybe, that probable private residence is doubling as her Academy?

I have no idea what it takes to be a # 1 best Seller and matchmaker who's key focus is on getting married fast, lol before dating. Having married 50 couples as reported by her, hardly seems like a matchmaker of the century ( think Reverand Sun Myung Moon, Moonies/Unification cherch) or as she is often introduced in the media as an expert. :unsure:

I wonder if she got her stats in by Thursday at 2 as that clock looks like it is a few seconds past..:biggrin:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
In the first youtube video of Helmut declaring he is firing Miscavige, Helmut states he has been in scn over 20 years (prior to 2010) and got over 40,000 people doing some form of Scn. Also that he spent a couple of years in India.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Another original article (not just recopied copy) on the death.

(Reporter Liu Qinghou reports, Qiu Shaowen/Taipei) In the "Happy Nursery" of a Relationship Consultancy owned by famous female author Helen Chen, a one year old baby boy, surnamed Chiang, died unexpectedly yesterday. Police found that the nursery is only 15 square meters, with no legitimate medical staff, and that often 12 babies were left in the care of one person. A police spokesman said " this terrible, almost making a joke out of infant safety!

There is no intention to charge the parents.

The Chiang baby began to show flu symptoms such as cough 3 days ago. But the parents, eager to start work, did not take additional care or seek treatment, and sent the child to daycare. They expressed remorse, but had no further comment. The Community Council said the Happy Nursery is not in the list of legal entities. The official process has not been completed. According to regulations, the proportion caretakers to infants and young children must be 1:5. A violation of this law for the protection of children's rights carries a fine of 60,000 to 300,000 yuan [$2000 - $10,000] and publication of the name of the offender.

The initial Police report indicates that boy sustained no apparent injuries. The cause of death will be clarified by autopsy. Police spokesmen, in addition to informing the community, do not rule out summoning Helen Chen as a person of interest.

The Police investigation shows that Helen Chen, the "Great Matchmaker", has set up a "Bridge" consulting firm, mainly selling spiritual growth courses and marriage counseling courses. In preaching marital harmony, the Bridge, due to its numerous staff and trainees, has set up another "Happiness," a nursery, to facilitate learning. Employees take turns taking care of their own children.

Helen Chen told the media that she is childless, but has conceived a "36 baby plan" that she hopes to be able to fill from the children of couples from her successful matchmaking business. She hopes to teach a class to the group.

Police said that on the 17th at 6 PM, the parents went to Taipei city, leaving the baby at the Happy Nursery on Fuxing North Road. Ms. Chen was the caretaker on duty at the time, but at 10 AM the next morning, nanny Huang Nan found the baby boy lying in a baby stroller with no breathing or heartbeat. Director Chan hurried to check the report and at the same time called 119. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The Happy Nursery room was located in a small room of the mixed-use building. 3 current employees stated that the nursery is on the second floor of the "Enthusiastic Marriage Consultant" company building, and that there are only compulsory shifts to take care of the children, but no additional fees [this may be how Chen thought she was going to get around the laws for establishing a legal nursery - Udarnik]. There were missing staff rosters and shift punch cards.

Upon learning of the events in the nursery, other parents removed their the babies to their homes. Gu insisted that the the nursery does not charge, but that it "is and obligation of friends and family towards each other" The Chiang baby's father says that he is employed by the Bridge company to help course participants, who are themselves engaged in dissemination.

Tracking private nurseries: because the nursery cannot provide proof of licensed medical personnel or articles of incorporation and housed 12 babies, all about one year old, the police in conjunction with the Bureau of Social Affairs are investigating this as an illegal private day care center.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
Thanks.

Dentists and chiropractors. He has the same target demographic as WISE.

Do you know what he did besides FSMing in the cult?

And has Helen left his sorry ass to pursue her own interests in Taipei? That would be rich given all her "put marriage before career" rhetoric on her matchmaking sites.

He seems to be a wannabe money guru.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=helmut+flasch&sm=3

Tons of spamming: https://www.google.com/search?q=Hel...Flasch&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&start=0

Bio at his page:

Helmut G Flasch
CEO
Flasch Business Expansion

About Helmut G. Flasch

Born in Austria in the early 50's, Helmut grew up enjoying skiing, biking and judo.

His first professional diploma was in machinery engineering, following the footsteps of his father.

However, very soon after he had graduated from engineering, young Helmut started having desires of visiting different parts of the world.

But the two-week vacation customary in his profession, combined with the starting salary of such, made the possibility of seeing the world rather distant.

Helmut also did not want to be just a tourist. He wanted to live life as the locals did and maybe learn the language too.

He made a rather fast decision of leaving the engineering profession.

Helmut observed that working in the restaurant business could make his dream of seeing the world come true - waiters are needed everywhere!

The fact that this profession entailed in dealing with real people rather than with dead objects helped him to make a definite decision to pursue this new career.

Helmut said, looking back, this was one of his very best decisions in life!

Italy, Switzerland, France, Africa, England and Germany set the stage for a great learning experience that Helmut would never forget: picking up different languages while on the job, meeting people from all over the world and sharing in their philosophies of life, learning from top leaders of the industry, taking on top positions in first class hotels. It was an incredible adventure!

Helmut also learned a superior datum: all people in all cultures are lovable beings and will help when and wherever they can.

After arriving in the USA in 1981, Helmut continued to work in the food and beverage industry, but also dabbled in real estate.

In 1991, the knowledge gained from running small to large food and beverage operations was channeled into consulting small business owners with the expansion of their business.

This consulting business started in Los Angeles, California but expanded fast throughout the whole country of United States. The unique marketing strategy 'Un-Advertising' was also born and very soon 'UN-Advertising' became a catch-phrase among many small business owners who are seeking for a better and alternative way to traditional advertising.

Soon he expanded his operation to other countries in different continents.

Helmut's 3 days vacation in India become a 2 year stay where Helmut literally changed the management style of health care professionals in India by teaching doctors how to expand beyond only having a solo practice. He helped business owners of various industries to expand so well that expanding 10 times and beyond was becoming the 'normal result' for many of Helmut’s clients. He worked with large corporations and for one of them, he saved the jobs of thousands by consulting management and giving them a different and a more viable alternative to the company’s original plan of laying off thousands of employees to halt decline in business.

His wife Hellen, originally from Taiwan, helps him with this vast expansion by operating affairs in Taiwan, Singapore and other Asia region.

Helmut's and Hellen’s vision to help small to medium sized businesses and their achievement of record-breaking expansion speed with their clients have made them highly-sought seminar speakers and management consultants around the world.

Whether it was conscious or subconscious, the most important rule Helmut said he has followed at all times was the below:

"Never have to say 'I have to go to work' - in fact never ever 'work' - simply do things which give you fun!

Now, that does not mean that there was not sometimes a job or position which was not totally ideal.

Periods like that did of course happen to me, but even those periods had a larger long term benefit in sight, which made performing the 'less fun jobs' still quite acceptable.

But never violate your basic beliefs, dreams and surely never think that there is something you cannot do.

With a bit of imagination, everyone can and will find work, which also integrates his other desires.

Everyone can tweak things to make his production his fun and his purpose in life."

So go ahead, have fun, and be happy because you are productive with doing what you love!

- Helmut G Flasch

1991-2010 © This website is powered by Doctor Relations Inc. which provides dental internet marketing and
public relations strategies for dentists across the United States, India, Taiwan and Singapore

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
This is always going to be a problem for any Indie/FZ Operation. No "church" to hide behind and no OSA to help keep a lid on it when things go awry.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is always going to be a problem for any Indie/FZ Operation. No "church" to hide behind and no OSA to help keep a lid on it when things go awry.

What do you mean, Panda?

Lots of non Co$ churches run daycares, nursing homes, hospitals, and all sorts of things without this kind of negligence.

There is no need for things to go awry in the first place. If this "company" expected normal work hours, paid its employees well, and laid out the nursery according to the law, all of this would have been avoided.

Or are you saying that any Indy operation is going to be modeled too closely on LRH management tech not to be a clusterfuck, and therefore are doomed to have flaps like this?

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
What I'm saying is, Indies better get their Public Liability and Indemnity Policies in order if they're going to attempt to run anything bordering on CofS-style "expanding group" activities. Those Non-CofS churches you mentioned don't apply Hubbard's insane policies or subscribe to idiotic scientological attitudes.

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
What I'm saying is, Indies better get their Public Liability and Indemnity Policies in order if they're going to attempt to run anything bordering on CofS-style "expanding group" activities. Non-CofS churches don't apply Hubbard's insane policies.

Ah, yes, I totally agree. Ron's management tech only works if you can hide from wog law behind a religious cloak.

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Helmut Using his Sooper-Dooper OT FSM tech on Wogs

I just found this. Gotta love that last quote. I loves me a woman who does her homework! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• 0​
    Spider326
    5 Feb 2010

Foreign man ask for business owner specifically by name. Phone was crackling and I couldn't hear well. I told him owner was busy could I take a message. He said yes and put a woman on the line who started singing a phone number. That is when I hung up!
    Reply!​

• anon.png
    0​
    lisa
    12 Feb 2010

a man with an accent from another contry called demanding to speak to a dr. that was previously at our office.i explained that this dr. was no longer here and may i help him? he said he wanted to sedn us some patients and i said i could help him with that -- i asked him where he was calling from and as he began to explain he hung up

Reply!​

• anon.png
    0​
    lj
    4 Mar 2010

This number has now called me 9 times within the last 15mins. Its a foreign person trying to set me up for a meeting with unadvertise.com. they first started calling me on 401-903-4641. Now there calling on this 777 number. They keep saying that they will get the drs more new patients without having to pay for anything. This is really shaddy. Seems like a scam. Dont give out any of your information.
    Caller: Not Sure

Reply!​

• anon.png
    0​
    lj
    4 Mar 2010

This number has now called me 9 times within the last 15mins. Its a foreign person trying to set me up for a meeting with unadvertise.com. they first started calling me on 401-903-4641. Now there calling on this 777 number. They keep saying that they will get the drs more new patients without having to pay for anything. This is really shaddy. Seems like a scam. Dont give out any of your information.
    Caller: Not Sure

Reply!​

• anon.png
    0​
    Helmut G. Flasch
    26 Oct 2011

I am Helmut G. Flasch and this is one our marketing centers phones we legitamate business to help dentists in USA sell their services to patients and we operate according to sound Scientology principles. Just be sure to cooperate when my team calls and there will be no problems with the dental practice and if you like I will help you personally join other scientologists who now are very happy in life without their burden of material wealth holding down their joys. You everybody visit my business website unadvertise.com and then my companies would contact you soon for evaluation of the services. I need your email address too for demonstration and then you will see it better and have money.
    Caller: Helmut G. Flasch
    Call Type: Telemarketer

Reply!​

• anon.png
    0​
    Beverly K. Williamson
    14 Nov 2011

Helmut,

Do you mean this scientology?

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/a-yo ... ry-cult/1201168

Nooooooooo THANKS!!!!

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
Regarding the previous post, is Helmut using Helen's Taiwanese org to make calls on the cheap? Is that why the foreign accents are noted by the recipients?

And is that why the dead baby had to be watched by someone else while the parents made calls to a different time zone? :angry:

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I had the honor of attending a celebration at Helmut & Hellen Flasch's home yesterday. The occasion was a combination graduation ceremony for students at the Hellen Chen Academy as well as a celebration of the Flasch's having left the church one year ago. They've had a busy year. :coolwink:

In brief they have trained several class iv auditors since my last visit back in the Fall. Also, they had several of their pcs go clear on auditing. On some of these cycles they received assistance from Trey Lotz, one of the prominent & highly regarded freezone auditors in the greater LA area.

I genuinely believe the Hellen Chen Academy is outproducing the major Co$ orgs in the area. One of the students commented that the only thing they had lost as a result of leaving the church was the suppression and they were all expanding rapidly as a result. It was heartwarming to see such an eager & happy bunch of young scientologists using what they know to actively help others. As I have said on another occasion, it was highly reminiscent for me of the old days of the mission network. The days when people like Pam & Ray Kemp, Alan Walter, Kingsley Wimbush, et al, established and managed scientology field centers which thrived by ensuring that scientology was FUN and people had and retained WINS.

Hellen in particular has made it her mission to help these young people develop 'life skills'. Since many of the students are chinese, they are taught english. Not only how to read the language for study purposes, but also writing & public speaking. It's quite inspiring to listen to these young people, many who never spoke a word of english a few months back, speaking on their wins on course & in session. Additionally, she requires them all to learn cooking and domestic skills during the course of their training, so as to prepare them for the lives they face. They develop a great esprit de corps working together. And the food is pretty d@mn tasty too!

In addition to everything else she & Helmut have on their plate with the expansion of the organizations both in LA and overseas, Hellen has been busy writing a book and making a documentary film on the subject of the book, marriage.

The party included quite a number of invited guests from around the region. Some were ol' timers. Some only recently left the church. All in all it was an excellent & highly enjoyable mingle. Kudos to the whole team there.

Mark A. Baker

The above quote is from the Apollo thread.

Just what the fucking fuck were teenaged Taiwanese students doing here studying in LA when Hellen has a large school in Taipei? Did they have student Visas, or was she skirting the law on tourist Visas? And were they telemarketing for Helmut on the sly?

And cooking classes? Just what kind of life was she preparing them for? Was this some sort of Green Card marriage scam? Is that how she makes her matchmaking numbers?

Anyone who was there - what was the male to female ratio in that class?

Something smells in Denmark, folks.

Operating Wog

Patron with Honors
Wow, I just saw the name "Hellen Chen" in the new posts lists here. I knew Helen when she was first introduced to Scientology. She was the girlfriend of Boston public named Roderick Camelia, a then Berklee College of Music student. As I recall, Hellen was a bit of a hot shot pianist back then. She was a bit wild, and probably a bit too much for Roderick, who was about the most laid back guy you can imagine. I vaguely remember her moving to LA and never really thought about her again. But that's her in the pictures.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
The above quote is from the Apollo thread.

Just what the fucking fuck were teenaged Taiwanese students doing here studying in LA when Hellen has a large school in Taipei? Did they have student Visas, or was she skirting the law on tourist Visas? And were they telemarketing for Helmut on the sly?

And cooking classes? Just what kind of life was she preparing them for? Was this some sort of Green Card marriage scam? Is that how she makes her matchmaking numbers?

Anyone who was there - what was the male to female ratio in that class?

Something smells in Denmark, folks.

I was never associated with Hellen or Helmut but the following is a possible evolution of their activities.

Knowns: Scientologist become FSM = Field Staff Members or stated another way, appointed Field Sales representatives for Scientology org and missions. All and any scientologist is expected to become such. There is a whole system set up to appoint them, train them and monitor/push them to be active.
They get 10% commision for those they sell training to and 15% for those they sell 'auditing' to. I might have that backwards on commision but the figures are correct. This can be big money. I a John an FSM sells Zhengke a communication course at $75 then if John stays 'on top' of Zhengke's progress and selects Zhengke for the rest of her 'bridge' at the cost of say $300K that can be greater than $30K commission!

So Helmet a business man also becomes a successful FSM, meets Helen and they hit if off romantically, but from what I have heard from Helen's mouth on youtube videos she put out, the relationship is largely focused as a business partnership that she believes marriages should be.

Now we have two focused FSMs with next to no 'bridge production capacity' established in Taiwan but a large established 'production shop' clamouring for business in LA. Simple, get people started in Taiwan, figure out the 'student visa' aspect and sell sell sell using three closes on spiritual freedom, American economic and freedom opportunity as well as dovetailing in 'green card' and marriage/love aspects.

I don't know how many would have 'come over' on religious visas or just visitor visas but I suspect most were initially 'Student visa'. That said it would have been whatever 'worked' and seemed safe.

Next stage:

Big upset between the orgs and Helen and or Helmut. Very possible reason for this is that Helmet and Helen had org registrars step in between and 'steal' their clients. FSM commissions are being lost to the orgs. FSM commission checks on sales that were made are not paid, yes it happens.

Next:
Helen and Helmut split taking their clients with them and decide to co-mingle the 2 remaining 'business' aspects. Self delivery of 'bridge' and 'marriage/green card opportunity' become their focus and they also implement more of that in Taiwan as well.

Prime motive is business/money. Secondary; hard to say but customers and employees often get the short shrift in a lot of businesses. Children; they become distractions but then again, even money can be made off of distractions with little effort which is probably what happened here.

Thats my 'rough framework'. Details uncovered will make the picture clearer.

Last edited:

Udarnik

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was never associated with Hellen or Helmut but the following is a possible evolution of their activities.

Knowns: Scientologist become FSM = Field Staff Members or stated another way, appointed Field Sales representatives for Scientology org and missions. All and any scientologist is expected to become such. There is a whole system set up to appoint them, train them and monitor/push them to be active.
They get 10% commision for those they sell training to and 15% for those they sell 'auditing' to. I might have that backwards on commision but the figures are correct. This can be big money. I a John an FSM sells Zhengke a communication course at $75 then if John stays 'on top' of Zhengke's progress and selects Zhengke for the rest of her 'bridge' at the cost of say $300K that can be greater than $30K commission!

So Helmet a business man also becomes a successful FSM, meets Helen and they hit if off romantically, but from what I have heard from Helen's mouth on youtube videos she put out, the relationship is largely focused as a business partnership that she believes marriages should be.

Now we have two focused FSMs with next to no 'bridge production capacity' established in Taiwan but a large established 'production shop' clamouring for business in LA. Simple, get people started in Taiwan, figure out the 'student visa' aspect and sell sell sell using three closes on spiritual freedom, American economic and freedom opportunity as well as dovetailing in 'green card' and marriage/love aspects.

I don't know how many would have 'come over' on religious visas or just visitor visas but I suspect most were initially 'Student visa'. That said it would have been whatever 'worked' and seemed safe.

Next stage:

Big upset between the orgs and Helen and or Helmut. Very possible reason for this is that Helmet and Helen had org registrars step in between and 'steal' their clients. FSM commissions are being lost to the orgs. FSM commission checks on sales that were not made are not paid, yes it happens.

Next:
Helen and Helmut split taking their clients with them and decide to co-mingle the 2 remaining 'business' aspects. Self delivery of 'bridge' and 'marriage/green card opportunity' become their focus and they also implement more of that in Taiwan as well.

Prime motive is business/money. Secondary; hard to say but customers and employees often get the short shrift in a lot of businesses. Children; they become distractions but then again, even money can be made off of distractions with little effort which is probably what happened here.

Thats my 'rough framework'. Details uncovered will make the picture clearer.

Quite plausible, but let's keep our minds open in the absence of data.

Student Visas are quite hard to obtain if the educational institution is not accredited, as I doubt her Academy was. But, she may have contacts in the US government via her family. Dunno. I suspect her father was a ranking member of the KMT. Certainly, she would have been at the top of Taiwanese society in the 70s in order to have been sent to a conservatory to become a pianist and to have money to come to the US to play. OW's story of her being a wild child is another bit of data pointing to a privileged childhood.

The lack of scruples in dealing with people might also stem from that kind of background. I have little love for the KMT elites.

Anyone have data on that?

OW, what would have been the timeframe when you knew her? Early 80s?

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Her father was a general.

I heard that back in the mid 80s when's she arrived in LA and was helping ABLE a bit with their efforts to get into mainland China.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Quite plausible, but let's keep our minds open in the absence of data.

Student Visas are quite hard to obtain if the educational institution is not accredited, as I doubt her Academy was

I meant the initial visas for her initial clients would have been for attending classes or services at the CO$, not her academy. I think it was Helmut who said something like 18 less students would be on course in PAC one day because they left essentially at his or Helen's beckoning.

Open mind not a problem here, that is for sure. :thumbsup: