What's new

"Historic lecture" 9 Sept.1965

Veda

Sponsor
The presentation of the Classification, Gradation, and Awareness Chart,
tops off a year when 'Keeping Scientology Working': "The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman, and child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology,"
SP Declares, Fair Game and Disconnection
were loudly announced to a mostly delighted - occasionally fearful - membership.

Reactions: Gib

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hadn't seen Hubbard lecturing in a very long time. But I watched about 7 minutes. . .

Fascinating! Quite the charmer. Quite certain. Quite magnanimously altruistic.

If this was a movie poster, the longline would be:

"Ron IS mankind's greatest friend!"
His con is extraordinarily polished, he is quite brilliant at it. Genius, in fact.

It's a mixture of entirely sensible concepts (with which to momentarily frame & reduce the chaos of life), embedded at intervals with entirely insane beliefs masquerading as scientific research.

I suppose an apt analogy is the lethal cocktail some serial killers use consisting of gatorade & antifreeze. The victim can't taste the poison that is murdering them.

NoIdea

Patron with Honors
Agreed. I've probably seen that one scores of times. Didn't watch the whole thing just now, but yeah, I realized he was a really good speaker. I could totally see him doing a late night talk show monologue. Also realized that his teeth weren't so bad at this point.

Veda

Sponsor
Seven years later.
l-_ron_hubbard_1973_tv_documentary.png

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
At about 6 minutes he claims that psychology claims that a person cannot get any better.
(Does he ever mention that he was wrong about "one-shot clear"?)

My life got so much better after I left Scientology staff in Spring 1976.

Example:
Instead of being a SCN course sup I returned to college & helped 2 postdocs in nematode research to make agricultural crops better.
I got the so-called state of "Power" when I graduated from college & began my career. :D
(I needed no Scientology auditing to achieve this. I needed to leave Scientology to achieve this.)

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
The presentation of the Classification, Gradation, and Awareness Chart,
tops off a year when 'Keeping Scientology Working': "The whole agonized future of this planet, every man, woman, and child on it, and your own destiny for the next endless trillions of years depend on what you do here and now with and in Scientology,"
SP Declares, Fair Game and Disconnection
were loudly announced to a mostly delighted - occasionally fearful - membership.

listened to the rhetoric speech many times, while in, very persuasive.

listened to it many times now that I'm out, now having a true understanding of persuasion via rhethoric.

Hubbard uses all means of persuasion, namely logic, emotions and ethos or ethics.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Did Hubbard ever admit that he was ever wrong in any items in "the tech" in any HCOB?
In the Book Of Case Remedies he backtracks on the state of Clear. He says "So OT was the state of beingness. Clear was a gradient condition. (A gradual bettering.) During studies of the past year, all this disentangled and became understood, and for the first time was easy to express. Clear is not a gradient up to OT. Clear is a gradient up to Homo Novis only. Homo (Man) Novis (new). This is a desirable improvement. Very desirable for anyone. An entirely new thing has to be done to make an Operating Thetan.".

I don't know about anyone else but when I first read DMSMH I came away with the idea that a Clear had total recall, never made mistakes blah, blah, blah. But in Book Of Case Remedies Hubbard says people misunderstood what he was saying and now he says Clear is just a "gradual bettering". Yet they are still selling the Dianetics book and letting people believe what it says is true. What a con.