Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: two books that are changing my life.

Default two books that are changing my life.

"The End of Suffering" by Russel Targ, explores methods or models of thinking that facilitate expanding awareness beyond dualism that can be the source of pain.

Targ is a physicist who also helped explore the issues of non local consciousness while at the Stanford Research Institute working on the CIA contract for the study of Remote Viewing. He lost his daughter to cancer and wrote this excellent book to promote healing in her memory.

There is plenty of need for healing in this world.

http://www.amazon.com/End-Suffering-...4559606&sr=8-1

"Ultimate Journey" by Robert A. Monroe, the founder of the Monroe Institute. Monroe was an audio engineer who experimented and discovered the application of "biaural" tones on a persons conscious state, and went on to use that technology to explore just what conscious states were available for exploration.

In "Ultimate Journey" Monroe recounts the influential experiences he personally had while in an out of body state. Far fetched may be too subtle a description of some of them, including his rather gentle, beautiful visit to "the garden" of biblical repute, but inspiring none the less.

For a non believer there are lessons in love and acceptance, and for the already initiated, a view of a larger context for existence.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Journ...4560086&sr=1-1

alex
    thoughts are real, its the things you think that are the illusion

Gold Meritorious Patron lionheart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    "The End of Suffering" by Russel Targ, explores methods or models of thinking that facilitate expanding awareness beyond dualism that can be the source of pain.

Targ is a physicist who also helped explore the issues of non local consciousness while at the Stanford Research Institute working on the CIA contract for the study of Remote Viewing. He lost his daughter to cancer and wrote this excellent book to promote healing in her memory.

There is plenty of need for healing in this world.

http://www.amazon.com/End-Suffering-...4559606&sr=8-1

"Ultimate Journey" by Robert A. Monroe, the founder of the Monroe Institute. Monroe was an audio engineer who experimented and discovered the application of "biaural" tones on a persons conscious state, and went on to use that technology to explore just what conscious states were available for exploration.

In "Ultimate Journey" Monroe recounts the influential experiences he personally had while in an out of body state. Far fetched may be too subtle a description of some of them, including his rather gentle, beautiful visit to "the garden" of biblical repute, but inspiring none the less.

For a non believer there are lessons in love and acceptance, and for the already initiated, a view of a larger context for existence.

http://www.amazon.com/Ultimate-Journ...4560086&sr=1-1

alex
    Thanks for the references.

You might like to read "Candle of Vision" by A.E.
    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/...vision&x=0&y=0

George Russell wrote under the intitals A.E. He was an early theosophist and it was the first theosophical book I read after being declared. It was at once mysterious, profound and moving.
    "There is a Reality which is Indivisible, One, Alone, the Source and Being of all; not a thing, nor even a mind, but pure Spirit or clear Consciousness; and we are That and nothing but That, for That is our true Nature; and the only way to find It is to look steadily within, where are to be found utmost peace, unfading joy, and eternal life itself." (Douglas Harding)

3. Likes SweetnessandLight liked this post

I like the binarual beat stuff that the Monroe Institute and Hemi-Sync and many others are today exploring. Some interesting stuff out there, and I will check out these titles.
    "Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and devlops the germ of every other. As the parent of armies, war encourages debts and taxes, the known insruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the executive is extended ... and all the means of seducing the minds are added to those of subduing the force of the people ..."

James Madison

Silver Meritorious Patron Björkist's Avatar
    In a cluster of other thetans, electronically attached to MEST

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I like the binarual beat stuff that the Monroe Institute and Hemi-Sync and many others are today exploring. Some interesting stuff out there, and I will check out these titles.
    Binaural beats are so interesting!
    "I don't know how anything is; I only know how it seems to me." - Robert Anton Wilson

"Taxation and drug prohibition are both coercive state interventions." - Thomas Szasz

"Can you imagine a world without countries or religions? It's the same message over and over. And it's positive." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Björkist View Post
    Binaural beats are so interesting!
    Read the book! ....its a possible paradigm for what would come after scientology...Monroe explores why we are in human form and what would be the situation that we should evolve towards as we gain knowledge and awareness.

And the monroe institute is actually working "out of body".

The have a set up that helps the newly "exteriorized" (dead) orient themselves...

And many parallels to entity phenomenon.

I've been listening to some pirated biaural stuff, but haven't bought the "gateway experience" yet.

alex

I'm working through the Gateway Experience currently. No exteriorization yet, but early days and certainly opening up the pathway to other states of consciousness in a controlled and guided way. Its the best binaural stuff out there.

Also, anything by Brain-Synch is worthwhile.
    "Of all the enemies of public liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and devlops the germ of every other. As the parent of armies, war encourages debts and taxes, the known insruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the executive is extended ... and all the means of seducing the minds are added to those of subduing the force of the people ..."

James Madison

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffy View Post
    I'm working through the Gateway Experience currently. No exteriorization yet, but early days and certainly opening up the pathway to other states of consciousness in a controlled and guided way. Its the best binaural stuff out there.

Also, anything by Brain-Synch is worthwhile.
    I like the underlying purpose that Monroe suggests in his different overview....and am leery of the "guided" aspects of the Brain-Synch product, but have not tried it.

I found this quote from the Brain-Synch site interesting....

"If you noticed that time has sped up, it is because it has! The Mayan Calendar ends in 2012, and these last four years are the most accelerated time of evolution in the history of our planet."

Thanks for the feedback and recommendations.

alex

Interesting. I haven't heard any of their guided stuff. Just music and meditation sounds that have binaural beats under them. Haven't seen Mayan calendars either. Some of the music contains subliminal messages that are geared toward certain subjects, like enhancing creativity and so on. YOu can read what the messages are, though, so they won't be slipping anything like "send us all your money, you know you want to" under there. I'll poke around and see if I can find their stuff about Mayan calendars. Any idea where that quote came from?

James Madison

http://www.theatreofthemind.com/pilot.asp

is where:

"If you noticed that time has sped up, it is because it has! The Mayan Calendar ends in 2012, and these last four years are the most accelerated time of evolution in the history of our planet."

comes from.

It is a quote from Kelly Howell the creator of "Brain Sync", the biaural system that does have subliminals, (well at least one of them).

http://www.theatreofthemind.com/authors.asp?author=10

The Monroe system is more to my liking as Monroe discovered it (biaurals) and his foundation is doing the research that is on my interest lines, what life beyond bodily life is about. Other systems are about improving your life, a worthy goal but a lessor one in my estimation.

If you have a strong spiritual purpose, I can not recommend enough the viewpoint of Robert Monroe in "Ultimate Journey", at least for thinking points, if not a paradigm.

http://www.monroeinstitute.com/

best

alex

Patron with Honors Minuet #1 in G's Avatar

Thanks for posting this stuff Alex. I have read "The End of Suffering" and have ordered the three monroe books from Amazon. They sound fascinating.
    I have found an application you can download for free and use for a couple of weeks called Neuroprogrammer which has a whole lot of prerecorded sounds, binaural beats etc. Its about $20 to buy. Generates alpha and theta waves. I have used those so far. Produces deep states of calm, better sleep for me, lots of positive stuff. Been on it about 4 weeks or so.
    Like to hear others experiences with this sort of stuff.

Min 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast