Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New lawsuit: Narconon Sexual Abuse

Silver Meritorious Patron DCAnon's Avatar

Default New lawsuit: Narconon Sexual Abuse

First there was the Sea Org forced abortions case, then Sea Org labor violations, then Kyle Brennan's wrongful death and the civil cases against the false arrests at Gold Base. Now this. :D 2009 is not a good year for the CoS legally.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2009/03/09/Florida_Man_Demands_$29K_Narconon_Refund.htm

MIAMI (CN) - A Florida man claims he endured "horrible and outlandish mistreatment" at a Narconon treatment center in Newport Beach, Calif. During his 3.5 days at the Scientology-affiliated center, Pablo Mendoza claims he was sexually assaulted by a male masseuse, profanely taunted by another student, and forced to scrub the kitchen because he is Hispanic.

Mendoza learned of Narconon through his brother, Adonis Mendoza, who found the center online, according to a lawsuit filed in Miami-Dade County Court. Narconon allegedly told Adonis that Pablo would have to fly out to California to treat his cocaine addition, even though Narconon has a treatment center in Clearwater, Fla.

Pablo, a Catholic, says Narconon pressured his brother into paying $29,000 for the 10-course medical treatment without disclosing its ties to the Church of Scientology. When Pablo arrived in California, he says the place was filthy, smoked-filled and freezing. He claims he was given pills that made him sick, and the staff refused to let him talk to anyone. He allegedly spent most of his time sitting on a "ripped up and broken couch."

He also says he was given a massage by a male instructor, who "rubbed his crotch on his hand and then Pablo Mendoza tucked his hands in."

"That was sexual abuse," says Pablo, who is married with children. "It was intolerable and unacceptable."

On his final day, Pablo says he was sitting with another student and a teacher, when the other student suddenly spread his legs and said, "I am gonna pull my dick out, I am going to jerk off and I'm gonna put the cum in your face." He claims the teacher "approved" this conduct.

Pablo called his brother and told him he wanted to go home, the suit claims. But Pablo and Adonis say Narconon refused to refund the "dubious and excessive" $29,000 program fee, despite Pablo's having attended only "1% of one program."

The Mendozas are represented by Frank Hollander.

Gold Meritorious Patron

I can't believe they didn't at least return his money.
    Another footbullet.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DCAnon View Post

"On his final day, Pablo says he was sitting with another student and a teacher, when the other student suddenly spread his legs and said, "I am gonna pull my dick out, I am going to jerk off and I'm gonna put the cum in your face." He claims the teacher "approved" this conduct."
    Was this perhaps during a TR-0 Bullbating session, i.e. words only with no actual intention at all to do it? It makes a difference if it was and it is not stated! (I know you are quoting a newspaper story and I'm not asking you about it directly, DCAnon.)

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar

If a person is only there 3 days and coming off whatever drug he/she was on, I can't imagine being in any state of mind to put up with TRs. As a "seasoned" Scn, I didn't like some of the tactics pulled on me while doing TRs. Take a person that isn't "seasoned" and that is technically sexual harassment in the state of CA.
    Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
    "There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart."~Elizabeth J. Canham from Dark Phoenix

Silver Meritorious Patron DCAnon's Avatar

Doesn't matter if it's a bullbait session. What the CoS doesn't seem to realize is that this kind of behavior in a professional setting, especially by someone perceived as an authority figure is sexual harassment. In fact, if this was a bullbait session, it's even better for his case. Having inappropriate sexual harassment in supposed therapy sessions shows that this isn't an isolated event but a widespread problem through the Narconon's practices.

Here's the criteria for non-workplace sexual harassment. Narconon would fit into therapist/social worker heading.
    http://www.discriminationattorney.co...y-1287338.html

Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar

Doesn't matter if it's a bullbait session. What the CoS doesn't seem to realize is that this kind of behavior in a professional setting, especially by someone perceived as an authority figure is sexual harassment. In fact, if this was a bullbait session, it's even better for his case. Having inappropriate sexual harassment in supposed therapy sessions shows that this isn't an isolated event but a widespread problem through the Narconon's practices.

Here's the criteria for non-workplace sexual harassment. Narconon would fit into therapist/social worker heading.
    Great info in that link.
    Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
    "There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart."~Elizabeth J. Canham from Dark Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Was this perhaps during a TR-0 Bullbating session, i.e. words only with no actual intention at all to do it? It makes a difference if it was and it is not stated! (I know you are quoting a newspaper story and I'm not asking you about it directly, DCAnon.)

Paul
    TR-0 Bullbait is a Training Routine for the training of auditors. It is a scientology training routine. NarConon claims to be "not-related".

So if it WAS part of a bullbaiting session it them speaks to the fraud of Narconon being an "unrelated entity".
    "Deception is the ethics of war." - John Singleton Mosby

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Div6 View Post
    It is a scientology training routine. NarConon claims to be "not-related".
    Huh? Who is claiming what? I just looked at a Narconon website and it gives details of the programme based on stuff from L. Ron Hubbard, and says the trademarks are owned by ABLE Int. They might not have a Scientology cross blazing out of the home page but that is not the same as making some kind of official statement that they are "not related" to the CofS. It depends on what sort of relationship is being claimed or denied.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Blog Entries

I'm not commmenting on the appropriateness of doing TRs at that time and place. I am pointing out that if they were doing TRs, it is irresponsible of the newspaper to give the impression that the guy was being threatened with what is probably a sexual felony and the staff member in charge, the "teacher", was totally fine about it.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post

Paul
    Hell, it could have been just the reg cycle!

The Anabaptist Jacques

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast