Hi! I guess it's presumptuous of me to assume my father would be happier out of the cult (as an adamant therapist has warned me...) but after what Scientology has put us through, surely anything, even a complete lack of faith must be better.

In about a week I'll be staying with my dad while I attend school. This will be the first time seeing him in two-and-a-half years since he kicked my bed-ridden mom out of his house after she was declared. Surprisingly, he's an OK dude, but the church uses him like a puppet.

He's been on staff since he was 19 (he's 47 now) and though he's put over 200,000 dollars into the church, he's not even clear.

I was wondering if anyone has had success in getting folks out. We talked last night, and he mentioned having trouble getting someone to read on the meter and the C/S just tells him to "make it go right," and he thinks it's dumb that the org switched him from VM I/C to TTC because he was GOOD at his old post.

Woo, doubt, right!? So now what? I listened patiently, let him blow some steam, but I dunno what to do now. He's unhappy, and I just don't want to see him die thinking that he wasn't OT enough to get up the bridge. Also, I doubt I have much time before I get declared due to how vocal I am now...I lost him to Scn too many times in my life, I think this is my last chance.