Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anyone who was at ASHO ?

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Yeah. Those tape-player foot-pedals could be a real pain sometimes.

Paul
    LOL not unless they warm up.
    Jason Beghe is my hero!

Hi michael,
    I remember something like this with the van.... it was in 1996 or 1997. There was people rushing after course to get food. It was canceled and the guy was told not to come over anymore. Stupid "They" ! That person was upset as this was his job. He was not a scientologist. He kept coming anyway but security told the public they could not buy from him anymore and so they put him out of business. The Church then opened up a new cantine for the public and got their money of course. The food was not great neither. Public at later time were told not to go to some restaurant as the owners were against scientology. Weird no ?

Silver Meritorious Patron Challenge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 8-8008 View Post
    Hi michael,
    I remember something like this with the van.... it was in 1996 or 1997. There was people rushing after course to get food. It was canceled and the guy was told not to come over anymore. Stupid "They" ! That person was upset as this was his job. He was not a scientologist. He kept coming anyway but security told the public they could not buy from him anymore and so they put him out of business. The Church then opened up a new cantine for the public and got their money of course. The food was not great neither. Public at later time were told not to go to some restaurant as the owners were against scientology. Weird no ?
    Are you talking about the "Roach Coach"? Despite the name, it was a handy place to get some quick food.
    I was at ASHO from the mid 70s until the Exodus in 82/83. I'm curious if David Horwedel is still there? Or at AO?

Chlng

Hey chlng
    No sorry, I was speak about ASHO where it is now. Dave was at ASHO up to 2006 I think. Then he was given to AOLA for the training evolution. He went to FSO for training as a NOTS auditor. Then I don't know since then ??? if he is still there or at FSO ?

Gold Meritorious Patron michaelangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8-8008 View Post
    Hi michael,
    It was 1979 when I visted that org. Don't know if it was the same place..

I was at ASHO in the late 90s in the SO and early 90s as a public.
    I aim to misbehave.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelangelo View Post
    I had a look around an A O in L A in 79. There was an area outside where people could play basketball and a mobile coffee, sandwich van. I don't think that org is there now. Would that have been AOLA or ASHO?. I was only there for about an hour and a half.
    Sounds like ASHO, there was a volleyball game at lunch everyday when I was there. I've never heard the term "sandwich van," whether you are in Atlanta, GA. or Brentwood, CA, they are universally called "Roach Coaches."

Truman Show Dropout Operating DB's Avatar

For some odd reason the idea of there being a sandwich van really rings a bell. I remember many of us hanging out behind the ASHO building eating lunch with a food van serving up food. Does anyone remember this or are my memories messed up?

I was at ASHO in LA on the SHSBC from March 1980 thru August 1980. These names come to mind: Linda Calfademos (the manager of an apartment complex I stayed in on the west side of Vermont north of Sunset), James Marchand, whom I roomed with, Mark Algotts who was on the SHSBC. I wish I could remember more names. There was an AOLA supervisor on the Solo Auditors Course at AOLA named Shelly. She had an accent. I was always amused when she called out roll call and pronounced my hometown friends last name which was "Harvey" as "Ah-Vay".
    On the SHSBC I became a bogged student. I attested to "clear" (big deal! It didn't solve anything!). After leaving the cult in 1985 I found out how and why I became bogged student and it was all related to LRH's flawed study tech! Fortunately I unraveled that mess and discovered how and why I became a bogged student. (And doing the Purif later in 1980 did not solve the reason why I became a bogged student!)

When James and I first arrived in LA in March 1980 we searched for a weekend job to make some extra cash to financially survive better. We spent one day working in an alfalfa sprouts factory. We didn't increase their stats for the day so they let us go. (They ran their company per LRH Admin Tech.)...... I ended up taking on a weekend janitor job cleaning up various businesses around the LA area which I actually liked. It was more rewarding than doing the SHSBC. James ended up as a door-door salesman selling water purifiers. LOL. OH! The memories of LA during those times. So tragic! The best part was leaving in August for home! And did I mention the nasty cockroach infestation in the apartment building we stayed in?

Patron with Honors

Default Farkin funny mate

Quote Originally Posted by Alanzo View Post
    I was at ASHO on the BC and doing my OT preps between 1997 and 2000.

Here's me experiencing spiritual ecstasy while doing so:

Do you think that's Jesus I'm looking at?

Or do you think God had just patted me on the head?

Well, you would be wrong.

You knd of resemble jesus minus the beard

This is farkin funny!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron Kookaburra's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Operating DB View Post
    For some odd reason the idea of there being a sandwich van really rings a bell. I remember many of us hanging out behind the ASHO building eating lunch with a food van serving up food. Does anyone remember this or are my memories messed up?

I was at ASHO in LA on the SHSBC from March 1980 thru August 1980. These names come to mind: Linda Calfademos (the manager of an apartment complex I stayed in on the west side of Vermont north of Sunset), James Marchand, whom I roomed with, Mark Algotts who was on the SHSBC. I wish I could remember more names. There was an AOLA supervisor on the Solo Auditors Course at AOLA named Shelly. She had an accent. I was always amused when she called out roll call and pronounced my hometown friends last name which was "Harvey" as "Ah-Vay".
    On the SHSBC I became a bogged student. I attested to "clear" (big deal! It didn't solve anything!). After leaving the cult in 1985 I found out how and why I became bogged student and it was all related to LRH's flawed study tech! Fortunately I unraveled that mess and discovered how and why I became a bogged student. (And doing the Purif later in 1980 did not solve the reason why I became a bogged student!)

When James and I first arrived in LA in March 1980 we searched for a weekend job to make some extra cash to financially survive better. We spent one day working in an alfalfa sprouts factory. We didn't increase their stats for the day so they let us go. (They ran their company per LRH Admin Tech.)...... I ended up taking on a weekend janitor job cleaning up various businesses around the LA area which I actually liked. It was more rewarding than doing the SHSBC. James ended up as a door-door salesman selling water purifiers. LOL. OH! The memories of LA during those times. So tragic! The best part was leaving in August for home! And did I mention the nasty cockroach infestation in the apartment building we stayed in?
    I knew James later on around 1990 when he was Tech C/S at ASHO. He was having some health problems but was still on post when I left. Any idea what happened to him or where he is now?
    http://www.exseaorg.com

"L Ron Hubbard proves that one sure-fire way to "smash your name into history"... is to crash and burn spectacularly." quote by Freeminds.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast