Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: 1989 orange county org Calif...I was there....

  1. #1
    Patron Meritorious me myself & i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    841

    Default 1989 orange county org Calif...I was there....

    Just wondering if anyone here knew anyone there on staff back then. Lol.

    Thats just about when and where I died on earth and was introduced to scientology heaven. And then was born again back onto earth. Moar laughter.

    The only two individuals I recall (well, three) was a very pleasant young couple that operated a satelite facility (a mission?) about a 1/2 mile to a mile west of the org, and the gentlemen (whom was my immediate superior in the wog world heirarchy of high-level real estate games at the time that introduced me to scientology). His name was/is Tim. The names of the young couple I can't recall. John seems to come to mind for the male.

    The couple were both OT 7s at the time, I believe. And he loved cars I recall.

    Tim was a wonderfully gentle and unassuming man and had a wife that was equally and perfectly matched to his spirit. And I shall never forget (until memory fails me) of having lunch with Tim one innocent autumn day in a restaurant that only the Cream of the Crop of the Real Estate Corp of Southern California at the time would even dare to dream of patronizing. So to speak. Lol. And hearing his story about his envolvment with scientology.

    Which story was almost spellbinding. But, I digress. Although I would love to find Tim, either free of scientology or happy with it in the now, I was just wondering if anyone here might know of the young couple that were most assuredly responsible for all of the up-stats of that org at that time. As now I realize, in hindsight, they were spiritually deceived and deceptful, but humanly beautiful still.

    mm&i

  2. #2
    Silver Meritorious Patron skollie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Do you remember his surname?

  3. #3
    Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    I'm guessing that the couple you're meaning would be the org ED (John Woodruff) and his wife, Claire?

    John was indicted in 2007 over a foreclosure scam, and Claire is now a real estate agent.

  4. #4
    Crusader lkwdblds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Orange Country, CA
    Posts
    5,475

    Default John and Claire Woodruff

    Quote Originally Posted by me myself & i View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here knew anyone there on staff back then. Lol.

    Thats just about when and where I died on earth and was introduced to scientology heaven. And then was born again back onto earth. Moar laughter.

    The only two individuals I recall (well, three) was a very pleasant young couple that operated a satelite facility (a mission?) about a 1/2 mile to a mile west of the org, and the gentlemen (whom was my immediate superior in the wog world heirarchy of high-level real estate games at the time that introduced me to scientology). His name was/is Tim. The names of the young couple I can't recall. John seems to come to mind for the male.

    The couple were both OT 7s at the time, I believe. And he loved cars I recall.

    Tim was a wonderfully gentle and unassuming man and had a wife that was equally and perfectly matched to his spirit. And I shall never forget (until memory fails me) of having lunch with Tim one innocent autumn day in a restaurant that only the Cream of the Crop of the Real Estate Corp of Southern California at the time would even dare to dream of patronizing. So to speak. Lol. And hearing his story about his envolvment with scientology.

    Which story was almost spellbinding. But, I digress. Although I would love to find Tim, either free of scientology or happy with it in the now, I was just wondering if anyone here might know of the young couple that were most assuredly responsible for all of the up-stats of that org at that time. As now I realize, in hindsight, they were spiritually deceived and deceptful, but humanly beautiful still.

    mm&i
    Yes, I hung out there for 15 years, 1986 to 2001. When I started, the ED was John Woodruff who was OT 7, his wife was Claire, also OT VII. The other top execs were Dave Petit, who went on to fame or infamy as the current Commanding Officer at CCLA, then there was a real nice guy who I had known a bit at ASHO by the name of Bob Bushling and another veteran and pretty nice guy was Dave Worthen. Kathy Moore was in tech, probably Tech Sec, this is a different Kathy Moore than the beautiful young dancer at CCLA in the 70's. Bob Bushling is a really nice guy and he is sane, just a very good person and smart and stable. He was always there for you if you needed a "terminal". Paul Trozzi was the head Supervisor in the Academy and he had very good certainty on tech matters. He really knew his tech.

    On the E meter dating drill, I would do it for hours and get some reads Okay and miss a lot of them. Paul held the cans for me and I got about 5 or 6 dates from him without a miss. I mean to get one date would take about 6 metered questions and I got 5 dates in a row without a miss or about thirty reads in a row that were correct and I passed the drill.

    Ed Dearborn was in Div 6 with his former wife, Tina. When Woodruff was pulled up to L.A. Org by Miscavige, Dearborn took over as E.D. and is still there. A guy who was from South America and had a thick Spanish accent, Oscar. was the Ethics officer and his wife was in Tech. They were both OT's.

    Up in L.A., I met tons of friends and people to hang out with. It is a big city atmosphere and high randomity. At the O.C. Org, I just came and did my courses and then left. I really did not even go to lunch with anyone for about 12 years, I always went alone. It was a low randomity place, comparatively speaking and I was already OT V and most of the people there were lower on the bridge. I did make friends with a beautiful young woman, Kim Whitworth. She was only about 19 or 20 and I was in my 50's. We were on the Academy Levels together and did drills and kind of made friends. She dropped out of Med School at the University of Washington to join staff. Her parents were on lines as were a brother and sister of hers. She is some sort of mission holder now, with her husband, down in Sourth Orange County around Newport Beach. I was friendly with the chief Registrar, Nancy Phearson. She was a strong registrar and a good person.

    I know more names but a lot of it is blanked out. I only have about 1/3 the recall on the O.C. Org from '86 to '01 as I do on CCLA, ASHO and AO from '70 to '85. The O.C. Org was never like home to me, I did not fit in well there, it was just too low of a randomity. The only memorable thing about the place was the fish pond in the middle of their courtyard. Those fish were extremely large goldfish type creatures, weghing a good 5 or 6 pounds. They sold fish food for a dime and you could feed the fish and they would come up and eat from your hand and let you pet them. That was the only fun thing there for me. Woodruff was runing a pretty good Org when he was there. Many of the divisions were actually run on policy. One thing I liked was that the stats were posted in a room called the Org Information Center, OIC, which had its door always open and I would often walk in and check out how all the stats were doing. Quite a contrast to today when all stats are secrete.

    I know a lot more if someone wants information on somebody I may know it, give me a try.
    Lakey
    Last edited by lkwdblds; 1st April 2010 at 01:37 AM.

  5. #5
    Patron Meritorious me myself & i's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    841

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thetanic View Post
    I'm guessing that the couple you're meaning would be the org ED (John Woodruff) and his wife, Claire?

    John was indicted in 2007 over a foreclosure scam, and Claire is now a real estate agent.
    Yes. Thank's Thetanic. John and Claire Woodruff. That's them. Do you know if either or both of them are still Scientologists?

    mm&i

  6. #6
    Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by me myself & i View Post
    Yes. Thank's Thetanic. John and Claire Woodruff. That's them. Do you know if either or both of them are still Scientologists?
    I expect so: they're both OT VIII completions, and according to Kristi's site, Claire has completed VIII three times.

    That said, I don't know of any satellite site OC had near the org. Nor do I have any clue who Tim is.

    I'm not sure they'll let John do more OT stuff (if there's any to do) given the indictment, but maybe I'm wrong.

  7. #7
    Patron
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    76

    Default Re: 1989 orange county org Calif...I was there....

    Quote Originally Posted by me myself & i View Post
    Just wondering if anyone here knew anyone there on staff back then. Lol.

    Thats just about when and where I died on earth and was introduced to scientology heaven. And then was born again back onto earth. Moar laughter.

    The only two individuals I recall (well, three) was a very pleasant young couple that operated a satelite facility (a mission?) about a 1/2 mile to a mile west of the org, and the gentlemen (whom was my immediate superior in the wog world heirarchy of high-level real estate games at the time that introduced me to scientology). His name was/is Tim. The names of the young couple I can't recall. John seems to come to mind for the male.

    The couple were both OT 7s at the time, I believe. And he loved cars I recall.

    Tim was a wonderfully gentle and unassuming man and had a wife that was equally and perfectly matched to his spirit. And I shall never forget (until memory fails me) of having lunch with Tim one innocent autumn day in a restaurant that only the Cream of the Crop of the Real Estate Corp of Southern California at the time would even dare to dream of patronizing. So to speak. Lol. And hearing his story about his envolvment with scientology.

    Which story was almost spellbinding. But, I digress. Although I would love to find Tim, either free of scientology or happy with it in the now, I was just wondering if anyone here might know of the young couple that were most assuredly responsible for all of the up-stats of that org at that time. As now I realize, in hindsight, they were spiritually deceived and deceptful, but humanly beautiful still.

    mm&i
    Well, I am late to this thread by about 2 years. Was Tim a short, somewhat balding young man? If so, I recall him marrying one of my housemates, yet I have forgotten her name. She was quite a bit younger, with long dark brown hair.

  8. #8
    Gold Meritorious Patron
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    3,670

    Default Re: John and Claire Woodruff

    Quote Originally Posted by lkwdblds View Post
    I did make friends with a beautiful young woman, Kim Whitworth. She was only about 19 or 20 and I was in my 50's. We were on the Academy Levels together and did drills and kind of made friends. She dropped out of Med School at the University of Washington to join staff. Lakey
    And to this day, I bet you are still kicking yourself for not getting in her pants.

    Pete

  9. #9

    Default Re: 1989 orange county org Calif...I was there....

    Quote Originally Posted by thetanic View Post
    ... That said, I don't know of any satellite site OC had near the org. ...
    At one time (1980) there was a satellite mission in anaheim (near Magnolia & the 5 Fwy i think). Woodruff's were running SOC and opened the anaheim facility for public courses and as a local feeder to the SOC facility's HGC.

    They had Dave Worthen run it for them as ED. Dave was recently returned to staff from a period of absence (possible ethics trouble, something like that) and John was training him as a big money reg. Worthen was generally quite popular among staff, although I remember him as possessing all the worst qualities which Woodruff himself had along with Woodruff's ability to charm others. In particular, he was long on making promises and short on honoring them. He was also quite the 'good reg' in that he sold people packages without any regard to how that affected their actual well being, financial or otherwise, and recruited individuals to work under him at his mission who simply could not afford to do so. In other words, typical Co$ management tech.

    The Woodruff's recruited Greg Moore & his wife about that time also, followed a little later by Terri Folis, formerly of GOLA.


    Mark A. Baker
    "Hubbard is alive and well. He lives through his
    creations."
    - Purple Rain



    "Because nothing has the be true forever. Just for long enough, to tell you the truth."

    - T. Pratchett, The Truth

  10. #10
    Patron OutFO38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    61

    Default Re: 1989 orange county org Calif...I was there....

    I was there :D It was so fun back then. The place was really booming.
    From what I know, John Woodruff was recruited to be the ED LAD and then later was busted from that post (don't know why). Seems like OC Scientologists have a negative view of him now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Orange County Org. (Tustin, CA)
    By Roan in forum North America
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2nd June 2012, 07:53 AM
  2. Got dox on a Mountain View, Calif Ideal Org?
    By Anonycat in forum Leaks (leaked emails and other stuff)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 28th January 2010, 02:00 AM
  3. South Bay stat crashers Mt View Org, Calif.
    By Daisy in forum North America
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th November 2009, 09:14 PM
  4. Agent Orange Goes Back to Jail
    By Tigger in forum North America
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 7th October 2009, 10:16 PM
  5. L. Ron Hubbard's Birthday: Orange County Org.!
    By Roan in forum North America
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 16th March 2009, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •