Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Question about John Travolta and a few others

Default Question about John Travolta and a few others

Alright, so when reading about scientology, John Travolta's name inevitably shows up among the list of celeb worshipers. However, if i'm not mistaken, I recall John Travolta saying that he really wasn't in the church of scientology and was more of a "free zone" practitioner. In fact, I have heard that he does NOT agree with the way the church is run. If this is the case, why is he lumped in as being associated with the organization. It is my understanding that the difference between the groups is considerable. Is Travolta simply frightened that a smattering of lies and "confessions" will get leaked to the public if he speaks out against the organization in any way shape or form? Furthermore, would the church be stupid enough to attempt to bury one of its most high profile faces? If anyone knows more about this please let me know. If Travolta jumped on the wagon behind Rathbun, a real significant difference could be made, yea?
    On a different note, can someone tell me what OT level Marty Rathbun reached?
    Also, whatever happened to that guy Dan Murman? I heard somewhere that he was about to leave the group.

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by justpassingthrough View Post
    Alright, so when reading about scientology, John Travolta's name inevitably shows up among the list of celeb worshipers. However, if i'm not mistaken, I recall John Travolta saying that he really wasn't in the church of scientology and was more of a "free zone" practitioner. In fact, I have heard that he does NOT agree with the way the church is run. If this is the case, why is he lumped in as being associated with the organization. It is my understanding that the difference between the groups is considerable. Is Travolta simply frightened that a smattering of lies and "confessions" will get leaked to the public if he speaks out against the organization in any way shape or form? Furthermore, would the church be stupid enough to attempt to bury one of its most high profile faces? If anyone knows more about this please let me know. If Travolta jumped on the wagon behind Rathbun, a real significant difference could be made, yea?
    On a different note, can someone tell me what OT level Marty Rathbun reached?
    Also, whatever happened to that guy Dan Murman? I heard somewhere that he was about to leave the group.
    Travolta is definitely a long-time Scientologist... not a freezoner. He has always just been a bit more mild-mannered about it compared to how Tom Cruise has been in these later years.

He even came to visit and speak at the Riverside Mission where I was on staff in the 1970s.
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Gold Meritorious Patron Tiger Lily's Avatar

I do believe there was a brief period of time where he got very quiet and admitted being unhappy with management (after LRH died if I remember right). . . but that was "handled" somehow and he's "on board" as far as I can tell.

-TL

Gold Meritorious Patron Kookaburra's Avatar

I don't think Travolta is exactly "on board". He certainly isn't a freezoner, though. Travolta is not real happy being in but he is trapped. He is married to a "true believer" dedicated ronbot and they have a daughter. If he left scientology they would make sure that he never saw his kid again. So he suffers in silence and does the minimum, at least for the last few years. But he's not being their spokesman any more. I don't think he is still a Scn in his heart. My 2 cents.
    http://www.exseaorg.com

"L Ron Hubbard proves that one sure-fire way to "smash your name into history"... is to crash and burn spectacularly." quote by Freeminds.

Gold Meritorious Patron

When did he say this stuff?

This is from a few years ago:

Perhaps there is a whiff of lavender about his marriage?

I know in the states crawling out of the closet doesnt help your exposure as an artiste. Especially after years of public denial, OSA certainly would have a dossier on his misdeeds, blackmail, and the blackmail of losing his family would be good enough reason for him to stay, if he has any past history of gayness, that's only rumour of course!

Does anyone stop watching Cary Grant or not watch a play by Tenessee Williams or any of the very many gay Hollywood icons now that we know about their sexuality? I think not.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La La Lou Lou View Post
    Perhaps there is a whiff of lavender about his marriage?

I know in the states crawling out of the closet doesnt help your exposure as an artiste. Especially after years of public denial, OSA certainly would have a dossier on his misdeeds, blackmail, and the blackmail of losing his family would be good enough reason for him to stay, if he has any past history of gayness, that's only rumour of course!

Does anyone stop watching Cary Grant or not watch a play by Tenessee Williams or any of the very many gay Hollywood icons now that we know about their sexuality? I think not.
    OMG are you kidding? Being gay doesn't seem to hurt anyone's career in Hollywood. Being a crazy cult member used to be acceptable as well, but Mr. TC couch jumper changed all that. I'm pretty sure if JT "came out" about being gay and denounced Co$, there would be an outpouring of public support. I doubt if a parents sexuality would be questioned more harshly than a heavily controlling belief system with a custody judge in California.

Maybe he's just not gay. Even if he's not, he'd be better off saying he is and telling all that the cult has been using his gayness to keep him in. Jus sayin.
    VEDA IS GOD

Sometimes I'm the Evil Twin.

http://itwastruelove.blogspot.com

I just can't believe it would seem worse to have the world know you're gay than to be stuck under the thumb of a dangerous cult. I think many, many people would embrace John in all of his gayness and applaud his escape from the cult (most people I know would, gay and straight, alike). He would not be without a great deal of support.

Being in danger of being disconnected from your young daughter is another matter, though. For her, I would understand why he would be hesitant to make a move. I wish he would go and take her with him.

Then the only hold the cult have is the fear that the org might get their overpaid lawyers to back the wife in the fight over the child.

Mind you he could afford equally strong lawyers.

Sod it, JT just go for it!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast