Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Medical malpractice in the Church of Scientology

Silver Meritorious Patron Markus's Avatar

Default Medical malpractice in the Church of Scientology

First I want to post a very sad story of my very special friend Bee Sting here:

My Pain and Jett Travolta
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on staff in small Mission when I met “Maria.” It’s not her real name but to conceal her true identity, I will call her Maria.

The mission was small and I could hear much any session that took place through the beveled doors that separate the only auditing room from the rest of the org. Maria was audited by her Mother, a Class VII or so (I forget) Auditor.

Maria was diabetic from early childhood. She received many hours of auditing from her mom trying to handle her psychosomatic aberration or however they put it.

One day, I hear Maria babbling to herself and she seemed to think there was something above her head. I couldn’t see it but apparently she needed to communicate to this invisible “entity.” I would hear her give commands or acknowledgements like “sit down”, “stop it“, “ok”, “that’s it” or”very good” etc.

Being a brand new Scientologist I didn’t understand what was going on and I thought it was pretty bizarre. Then, I would observe her “flicking” things off her legs or other parts of her body and communicate in the same way to these “flicks.”

One day Maria explained to me her behavior. She said she had a “theta spider” living on top of her head and this is was to who she was communicating with when she was looking up. The “flicking” was getting rid of her “Body Thetans.” Of course, I had no idea what this was all about until much later on in Scientology.

But anyhow, I moved on and many weeks and months past and then I received news that Maria was doing well. She was doing great in auditing and was going off her insulin. Yet, a year or so past and I heard nothing until when I day I learned she”dropped her body.” I was very sad to hear the news because she believed so intently she would eventually be able to stop taking her medication.

Another year or so later, I learned more about Maria’s death. She had full blown diabetes Type-B, the most severe form there is and she stopped taking her insulin. Her mother happily reported how successful she had been before her death finally attaining some kind of whatever level. I didn’t hear much about Maria’s wins or levels through the conversation. All I could think about is how she died and I wondered why. Why Maria?

Soon after, Maria’s mother and her sister packed up their belongings and moved to Clearwater Florida. I believe they are still there today.

Years after leaving the Sea Org and Scientology for good, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but a few weeks into her new born life something went wrong. She had encephalitis (brain swelling) which caused a series of unstoppable grand maul seizures. The doctors had no choice but to induce her into a medical coma. This incident left her with severe and irreversible brain damage but I never learned what caused her condition.

In a conversation with husband, very much a Scientologist even being out for so many years, I learned what he and how Scientology views any one with disabilities. His words in reference to my beautiful little girl were “they put dogs to sleep.” I divorced him!

Scientology believe people with disabilities are “degraded beings” and somehow my husband blamed me for causing, yes, causing her condition. It was my fault, I caused it and I was no longer the “perfect” mother whom gave birth to his first born son. I fell from his “pedestal”, as he put it.

In years that followed, I fought tremendously with my little girl’s doctors and care takers but thanks to their passion and understanding, they gently coached me in understanding that all drugs are not bad. With their incredible patience I learned to become an advocate for my little girl. I learned about her medications, the risk and side effects but most importantly, the benefits. One of the drugs she has to take is Valium an absolute no, no in Scientology.

In the mean time my now ex-husband, sought sole custody of my son. He “Faired Gamed” me. My neighbors were talked to, my real estate agent was talked to, my employer was talked to and my very own lawyer was talked to. I changed lawyer!

In a phone conversation with my son, he TOLD me I should agree to pay child support to based on potential future earnings of $60,000 per year when at the time I was unemployed and had never made more that $30,000 per year in my entire life, my son told me this, my son!

I didn’t fight custody. I had visitation rights but whenever I called to speak with my son he was too busy or out doing something else and he would “get back to me later.” Well, later never came and later always went.

Every now and then I think of Maria. I wonder what if?

I think of her mother and I wonder why? I don’t understand!

I think of my little girl’s daddy that never thought for a second of whom or what she might become and above all I miss son. How cruel the world can be and how different perhaps things might have been if it was not for Scientology and its policies of disconnect and fair game.

When I visit my little pumpkin she always greets me with a smile. I am not sure she knows the concept of “mother” but I know I am one of the ones she loves. Sometimes, I have to share her affection with whom she greets the same (like a care taker) but that’s ok because I know she is happy in the life she lives.

She is blind but she always turns her head and coos when I am there. When I see her smile I know she loves me - unconditionally and I know that the smiles she gives belong to me.

When I heard about Jett Travolta I feel their pain and I grieve with them. I am the last person in the world who have the right to criticize and judge any another parent in their decision in the care of their child.

I am the last to have anything to say because I have fought so hard for so long and I have been all alone with the all decisions to make about my little girl. And yet, a piece of me - does!

Maria was 32 years old when she died. Maria was my sister-in-law. I miss her very much. Even though I know why, I still ask, why?

Then I found this story a few days ago:
    Subject: Dr. Megan Shields - Who Comes First the Patient or the Church?
    Date: 3 Dec 2002 15:21:51 -0800
    Message-ID: <4892526.0212031521.42171f89@posting.google.com>

Dr. Megan Shields and her colleague, Dr. Gene Denk, know more about the inner criminal activity of senior Scientology management than just about anyone.

Quite a while ago, Dr. Denk supervised the Purification program on Carrie Alkins. During the Purif, Carrie, a juvenile diabetic, developed a detached retina and, although she had several eye surgeries, wound up legally blind. She has remained so ever since.

Carrie wrote up a bunch of knowledge reports at the time in an effort to not only get some sort of apology and restitution from Shaw Health Center, but also to ensure that other diabetics were not given massive dosages of niacin, which could bring on retinal bleeding and possibly a detached retina which could result in blindness.

Regular doctors routinely warn diabetics against taking massive dosages of niacin for this reason.

Dr. Denk and Dr. Shields circled the wagons, of course, and let Carrie and her husband know that if she pushed the point she might get kicked out of the Church. Scientology doctors tend to cover for each other and also for the Church. They fail to report child abuse, sexual harassment, spousal abuse, and any sort of medical negligence that has happened ROUTINELY over the years within the Sea Org.

When I was on staff at ASHO and at AO I used to do all the staff FESing (review of counseling folders). This is what I observed. A lot of the staff members would get sick, go to the Shaw Health Center and get sub-optimum care there. Serious illnesses would often be overlooked resulting in extremely serious medical and sometimes fatal consequences. Many times I saw staff members who went to Shaw Health Center and the doctors prescribed routine antibiotics rather than ordering the medical exams that would be normally ordered by any competent physician. As a result of that, many times the staff members ended up going to the hospital in late stages of cancer when the cancer was too advanced to be operable. Because the Sea Org doesn't pay for health insurance for its staff members it becomes a very serious problem when they get a disease.

Also, seriously depressed or mentally ill people NEVER get referred by the doctors at Shaw Health Center for any type of treatment. For instance, there was a NOTS auditor in the early 1980s who was a staff member at AOLA who was 5'6" tall and weighed less than 90 lbs. She was completely anorexic. She was very seriously ill. Shaw Health Center attempted to handle her with intravenous vitamins. They didn't inform her family or take the measures that were really needed to save her life. Her fellow staff members, myself included, never did find out what happened to her. She just disappeared. Another Sea Org auditor, Claire something, had had an auto accident and had severe back pain. Shaw Health Center tried to help her with peripheral types of treatments. AOLA and Shaw Health Center ignored the agony this woman was in. Claire committed suicide by walking into the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica.

Dr. Denk and Dr. Shields and the Sea Org are ripping off the tax payers by sending all their staff to Olive View County Hospital so that they can get free treatment on Medi-Cal. The Church brags about its wealth but does not care enough about its staff to feed or house it properly and also refuses to pay for medical care for its staff on many occasions. Dental care is also out of the question for many staff members. Many of them lose their teeth because the Church refuses to pay for dental care. Yet, other Sea Org members are willing to stigmatize these staff members as being 'down stat' because they look like monsters with missing teeth. These staff are humiliated and kept literally in the basement doing menial work unless they somehow have the resources to pay for their own dental care.

Dr. Shields & Dr. Denk are accomplices to many of the Church human rights abuses and medical negligence. They know that if they follow the law, the way they should be doing, they will get into trouble with the Church and probably be excommunicated. This puts them in a daily dilemma. For example, in the early 1980s a staff member at a Scientology Sea Org nursery was found to be a child molester. At least 20 Sea Org staff members knew about this and also the doctors at Shaw Health Center were aware of it. These doctors DID NOT report this to the authorities because they were more concerned about avoiding a public relations flap for the Church than about the fact that there was a good chance that more innocent children would be molested.

Even though many Scientologists who sell Health Insurance have approached Scientology management with reasonable rates on group health insurance, management has never agreed to this.

Sexual harassment is an everyday occurrence in the Sea Org. Although this is almost never voiced, it is a hidden scandal. Of course, as in any human group, there are kind people and mean people. But the Sea Org has developed a kind of prison mentality. A lot of Sea Org members are young teenagers or young adults. Often by the age of 23 or 24 they have been married 3 or 4 times. Because of the Sea Org prohibition on pregnancy, many marriages are unhappy and the partners feel unfulfilled. Older Sea Org members often marry young recruits.

Some very vicious Sea Org members will purposely separate married couples. They station one in one country and the other in another country where they are not able to see each other for literally YEARS.

Also, they don't have money to call long distance. Since they are not allowed to go onto the Internet (for obvious reasons) they can't communicate by e-mail either.

There is no retirement program for older Sea Org members. When they get old and incapacitated they don't have a place to go. Also, they often don't have family to take care of them. They are made to feel like 'downstats' and often leave the Sea Org and go on the public dole very quietly, often moving back to where they grew up.

A friend of mine went to Shaw Health Center last year and reported to me that it looked pretty empty. That may be why Dr. Shields is now working at Glendale Memorial. Any thoughts on this?

But all of the above should be carefully qualified. Dr. Denk and Dr.

Shields are well aware of how far Scientology senior management will go. They know that it would be easy for management to get Sea Org members to testify against them for legitimate malpractice, notwithstanding the fact that the malpractice was incited by management itself. They are, themselves, entrapped. If they do not continue to follow the instructions of senior management they risk losing their medical licenses and possibly being criminally prosecuted, at the instigation of management. In exchange for their loyalty, Shaw Health Center is protected by management from patients who might, were it not for Scientology rules and regulations, sue them or cause criminal negligence charges to be made.

Any patient who dares to report Shaw Health Center to internal Scientology ethics is routinely reprimanded for trying to attack 'upstats'. The one who is the victim, in this type of situation, is the one who is blamed. The usual Scientology 'blame the victim' routine so that the Church can avoid taking any responsibility.

Guess who was the Medical Doctor of my brother Uwe in the RPF....
    Yes it was Dr. G. Megan Shields.

You can find his tragic story here:
    http://anonforgreatjustice.blogspot....actly-how.html
    or just read my posts and threads about him on this board

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=8897

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12443

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=11557

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=12513

Please help me to collect all cases of medical malpractice in this thread.
    Thank you.

Love

Markus
    Last edited by Markus; 18th July 2009 at 11:39 PM.
    My picture shows Uwe and Laurisse at the Lake of Constance/Friedrichshafen in the Eighties.

"Emotions are wonderful things without them how do we love? Without love how do we care? Without care how do we live?"

"Allow others to be different and not fear them because they are. It is in understanding our own differences we shape who we become. Do no cause another harm even if he choose yours but gently guide his spirit toward love and peace."

both quotes by Bee Sting

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    First I want to post a very sad story of my very special friend Bee Sting here:

My Pain and Jett Travolta
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was on staff in small Mission when I met “Maria.” It’s not her real name but to conceal her true identity, I will call her Maria.

The mission was small and I could hear much any session that took place through the beveled doors that separate the only auditing room from the rest of the org. Maria was audited by her Mother, a Class VII or so (I forget) Auditor.

Maria was diabetic from early childhood. She received many hours of auditing from her mom trying to handle her psychosomatic aberration or however they put it.

One day, I hear Maria babbling to herself and she seemed to think there was something above her head. I couldn’t see it but apparently she needed to communicate to this invisible “entity.” I would hear her give commands or acknowledgements like “sit down”, “stop it“, “ok”, “that’s it” or”very good” etc.

Being a brand new Scientologist I didn’t understand what was going on and I thought it was pretty bizarre. Then, I would observe her “flicking” things off her legs or other parts of her body and communicate in the same way to these “flicks.”

One day Maria explained to me her behavior. She said she had a “theta spider” living on top of her head and this is was to who she was communicating with when she was looking up. The “flicking” was getting rid of her “Body Thetans.” Of course, I had no idea what this was all about until much later on in Scientology.

But anyhow, I moved on and many weeks and months past and then I received news that Maria was doing well. She was doing great in auditing and was going off her insulin. Yet, a year or so past and I heard nothing until when I day I learned she”dropped her body.” I was very sad to hear the news because she believed so intently she would eventually be able to stop taking her medication.

Another year or so later, I learned more about Maria’s death. She had full blown diabetes Type-B, the most severe form there is and she stopped taking her insulin. Her mother happily reported how successful she had been before her death finally attaining some kind of whatever level. I didn’t hear much about Maria’s wins or levels through the conversation. All I could think about is how she died and I wondered why. Why Maria?

Soon after, Maria’s mother and her sister packed up their belongings and moved to Clearwater Florida. I believe they are still there today.

Years after leaving the Sea Org and Scientology for good, I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl but a few weeks into her new born life something went wrong. She had encephalitis (brain swelling) which caused a series of unstoppable grand maul seizures. The doctors had no choice but to induce her into a medical coma. This incident left her with severe and irreversible brain damage but I never learned what caused her condition.

In a conversation with husband, very much a Scientologist even being out for so many years, I learned what he and how Scientology views any one with disabilities. His words in reference to my beautiful little girl were “they put dogs to sleep.” I divorced him!

Scientology believe people with disabilities are “degraded beings” and somehow my husband blamed me for causing, yes, causing her condition. It was my fault, I caused it and I was no longer the “perfect” mother whom gave birth to his first born son. I fell from his “pedestal”, as he put it.

In years that followed, I fought tremendously with my little girl’s doctors and care takers but thanks to their passion and understanding, they gently coached me in understanding that all drugs are not bad. With their incredible patience I learned to become an advocate for my little girl. I learned about her medications, the risk and side effects but most importantly, the benefits. One of the drugs she has to take is Valium an absolute no, no in Scientology.

In the mean time my now ex-husband, sought sole custody of my son. He “Faired Gamed” me. My neighbors were talked to, my real estate agent was talked to, my employer was talked to and my very own lawyer was talked to. I changed lawyer!

In a phone conversation with my son, he TOLD me I should agree to pay child support to based on potential future earnings of $60,000 per year when at the time I was unemployed and had never made more that $30,000 per year in my entire life, my son told me this, my son!

I didn’t fight custody. I had visitation rights but whenever I called to speak with my son he was too busy or out doing something else and he would “get back to me later.” Well, later never came and later always went.

Every now and then I think of Maria. I wonder what if?

I think of her mother and I wonder why? I don’t understand!

I think of my little girl’s daddy that never thought for a second of whom or what she might become and above all I miss son. How cruel the world can be and how different perhaps things might have been if it was not for Scientology and its policies of disconnect and fair game.

When I visit my little pumpkin she always greets me with a smile. I am not sure she knows the concept of “mother” but I know I am one of the ones she loves. Sometimes, I have to share her affection with whom she greets the same (like a care taker) but that’s ok because I know she is happy in the life she lives.

She is blind but she always turns her head and coos when I am there. When I see her smile I know she loves me - unconditionally and I know that the smiles she gives belong to me.

When I heard about Jett Travolta I feel their pain and I grieve with them. I am the last person in the world who have the right to criticize and judge any another parent in their decision in the care of their child.

I am the last to have anything to say because I have fought so hard for so long and I have been all alone with the all decisions to make about my little girl. And yet, a piece of me - does!

Maria was 32 years old when she died. Maria was my sister-in-law. I miss her very much. Even though I know why, I still ask, why?

Then I found this story a few days ago:
    Subject: Dr. Megan Shields - Who Comes First the Patient or the Church?
    Date: 3 Dec 2002 15:21:51 -0800
    Message-ID: <4892526.0212031521.42171f89@posting.google.com>

Dr. Megan Shields and her colleague, Dr. Gene Denk, know more about the inner criminal activity of senior Scientology management than just about anyone.

Quite a while ago, Dr. Denk supervised the Purification program on Carrie Alkins. During the Purif, Carrie, a juvenile diabetic, developed a detached retina and, although she had several eye surgeries, wound up legally blind. She has remained so ever since.

Carrie wrote up a bunch of knowledge reports at the time in an effort to not only get some sort of apology and restitution from Shaw Health Center, but also to ensure that other diabetics were not given massive dosages of niacin, which could bring on retinal bleeding and possibly a detached retina which could result in blindness.

Regular doctors routinely warn diabetics against taking massive dosages of niacin for this reason.

Dr. Denk and Dr. Shields circled the wagons, of course, and let Carrie and her husband know that if she pushed the point she might get kicked out of the Church. Scientology doctors tend to cover for each other and also for the Church. They fail to report child abuse, sexual harassment, spousal abuse, and any sort of medical negligence that has happened ROUTINELY over the years within the Sea Org.

When I was on staff at ASHO and at AO I used to do all the staff FESing (review of counseling folders). This is what I observed. A lot of the staff members would get sick, go to the Shaw Health Center and get sub-optimum care there. Serious illnesses would often be overlooked resulting in extremely serious medical and sometimes fatal consequences. Many times I saw staff members who went to Shaw Health Center and the doctors prescribed routine antibiotics rather than ordering the medical exams that would be normally ordered by any competent physician. As a result of that, many times the staff members ended up going to the hospital in late stages of cancer when the cancer was too advanced to be operable. Because the Sea Org doesn't pay for health insurance for its staff members it becomes a very serious problem when they get a disease.

Also, seriously depressed or mentally ill people NEVER get referred by the doctors at Shaw Health Center for any type of treatment. For instance, there was a NOTS auditor in the early 1980s who was a staff member at AOLA who was 5'6" tall and weighed less than 90 lbs. She was completely anorexic. She was very seriously ill. Shaw Health Center attempted to handle her with intravenous vitamins. They didn't inform her family or take the measures that were really needed to save her life. Her fellow staff members, myself included, never did find out what happened to her. She just disappeared. Another Sea Org auditor, Claire something, had had an auto accident and had severe back pain. Shaw Health Center tried to help her with peripheral types of treatments. AOLA and Shaw Health Center ignored the agony this woman was in. Claire committed suicide by walking into the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica.

Dr. Denk and Dr. Shields and the Sea Org are ripping off the tax payers by sending all their staff to Olive View County Hospital so that they can get free treatment on Medi-Cal. The Church brags about its wealth but does not care enough about its staff to feed or house it properly and also refuses to pay for medical care for its staff on many occasions. Dental care is also out of the question for many staff members. Many of them lose their teeth because the Church refuses to pay for dental care. Yet, other Sea Org members are willing to stigmatize these staff members as being 'down stat' because they look like monsters with missing teeth. These staff are humiliated and kept literally in the basement doing menial work unless they somehow have the resources to pay for their own dental care.

Dr. Shields & Dr. Denk are accomplices to many of the Church human rights abuses and medical negligence. They know that if they follow the law, the way they should be doing, they will get into trouble with the Church and probably be excommunicated. This puts them in a daily dilemma. For example, in the early 1980s a staff member at a Scientology Sea Org nursery was found to be a child molester. At least 20 Sea Org staff members knew about this and also the doctors at Shaw Health Center were aware of it. These doctors DID NOT report this to the authorities because they were more concerned about avoiding a public relations flap for the Church than about the fact that there was a good chance that more innocent children would be molested.

Even though many Scientologists who sell Health Insurance have approached Scientology management with reasonable rates on group health insurance, management has never agreed to this.

Sexual harassment is an everyday occurrence in the Sea Org. Although this is almost never voiced, it is a hidden scandal. Of course, as in any human group, there are kind people and mean people. But the Sea Org has developed a kind of prison mentality. A lot of Sea Org members are young teenagers or young adults. Often by the age of 23 or 24 they have been married 3 or 4 times. Because of the Sea Org prohibition on pregnancy, many marriages are unhappy and the partners feel unfulfilled. Older Sea Org members often marry young recruits.

Some very vicious Sea Org members will purposely separate married couples. They station one in one country and the other in another country where they are not able to see each other for literally YEARS.

Also, they don't have money to call long distance. Since they are not allowed to go onto the Internet (for obvious reasons) they can't communicate by e-mail either.

There is no retirement program for older Sea Org members. When they get old and incapacitated they don't have a place to go. Also, they often don't have family to take care of them. They are made to feel like 'downstats' and often leave the Sea Org and go on the public dole very quietly, often moving back to where they grew up.

A friend of mine went to Shaw Health Center last year and reported to me that it looked pretty empty. That may be why Dr. Shields is now working at Glendale Memorial. Any thoughts on this?

But all of the above should be carefully qualified. Dr. Denk and Dr.

Shields are well aware of how far Scientology senior management will go. They know that it would be easy for management to get Sea Org members to testify against them for legitimate malpractice, notwithstanding the fact that the malpractice was incited by management itself. They are, themselves, entrapped. If they do not continue to follow the instructions of senior management they risk losing their medical licenses and possibly being criminally prosecuted, at the instigation of management. In exchange for their loyalty, Shaw Health Center is protected by management from patients who might, were it not for Scientology rules and regulations, sue them or cause criminal negligence charges to be made.

Any patient who dares to report Shaw Health Center to internal Scientology ethics is routinely reprimanded for trying to attack 'upstats'. The one who is the victim, in this type of situation, is the one who is blamed. The usual Scientology 'blame the victim' routine so that the Church can avoid taking any responsibility.

Guess who was the Medical Doctor of my brother Uwe in the RPF....
    Yes it was Dr. G. Megan Shields.
    You can find his tragic story here:
    http://anonforgreatjustice.blogspot....actly-how.html
    or just read my posts and threads about him on this board

Love

Markus
    Wow! Thank you Markus for keeping exposing the abuses of the church. I can say that I have experienced and seen many of the abuses reported by this e-mail. It's spot on!

For those whom are lurking or have any disbelief about these abuses,
    read our stories, hear our cries, feel our pain and then pass this on. The world needs to know.

If you have a story of the abuses, let's add it here and pass it on. Copy, paste and forward, from friend to friend, to friends of friends and so on. Let's make it go around the world.

Honey Love,

Bee Sting

Default Another story of medical malpractice in Scientology

Quotes from the declaration of Caroline Letkeman:

"3. On or about May 12, 1997 I suddenly became acutely ill due to poisoning by way of a contaminated herbal product. For at least a year prior to the onset of my illness, I had been purchasing this herbal cleansing product from Peter Gillam’s Health Food Store in Los Angeles, CA. Peter Gillam’s Health Food store is located within a block or so of Scientology’s Complex on L. Ron Hubbard Way. It is a store that is managed and patronized by Scientologists who live in the vicinity, as well as by those who take Scientology services at the Complex. The contamination occurred in a specific batch of the herbal formula.

4. On May 16, 1997 the FDA issued the following warning regarding this product. (This warning is available in the archived FDA Warnings on the FDA’s website.)

FDA WARNS AGAINST CONSUMING THE ARISE & SHINE PRODUCT "CHOMPER"

The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to purchase or consume "CHOMPER," one of a line of dietary supplement products distributed by "Arise & Shine" of Mount Shasta, California. FDA has determined that this product has been associated with a severe injury and that it may contain substances that may result in an abnormal heart rate and rhythm, and could potentially cause cardiac arrest.
    FDA has learned of a recent case where the consumption of this product as part of Arise & Shine "The Cleanse Thyself" program by a young woman apparently resulted in abnormal heart rate with heartblock, a potentially life- threatening condition. The agency is also investigating if other injuries have been associated with this product.
    The "Chomper" product is promoted as an "herbal laxative" and "cleansing" agent to be used as part of a regimen of dietary products distributed by this company. Laboratory analyses of the product revealed that it contains substances similar to those that affect the heart. Use of these powerful substances, which are found in a number of poisonous plants, may result in a severe, potentially fatal heartblock, even in otherwise healthy individuals. The agency has found that "Chomper" poses a potentially significant and unreasonable risk to public health.
    FDA urges all individuals who may have this product to avoid consuming it and to immediately consult their health care professional if they are experiencing any adverse effects associated with use of the product. These effects may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, confusion, hypotension (low blood pressure), vision disturbances and abnormal heart rate and rhythm.

33. However, I did send faxes with the FDA warnings to Shaw Health Center and Dr. Garbutt. My concern was the protection of other patients against this deadly herb. Dr. Garbutt responded quickly to my fax, and offered his condolences. I had also requested that Dr. Denk call me, which he reluctantly did several days following my fax. Dr. Denk said to me, “What do you want?” in a manner that was totally devoid of any caring or concern for what I had just gone through. I told him that I wanted to alert him to the FDA warning, and wanted his confirmation of receipt. He acknowledged receipt, but in no way offered any apology or expressed any regret for his misdiagnosis or treatment. Dr. Shields responded in a similar way—her response to my report was one of contempt that I would rail against the hospital, because they had, after all, saved my life."

http://carolineletke33.man.org/sp/in...=863&Itemid=93

Best wishes

Markus
    Last edited by Markus; 18th July 2009 at 11:21 PM.
    My picture shows Uwe and Laurisse at the Lake of Constance/Friedrichshafen in the Eighties.

"Emotions are wonderful things without them how do we love? Without love how do we care? Without care how do we live?"

"Allow others to be different and not fear them because they are. It is in understanding our own differences we shape who we become. Do no cause another harm even if he choose yours but gently guide his spirit toward love and peace."

both quotes by Bee Sting

Default My pain and Jett Travolta - Scientology Kills Epileptics

James Stewart and Heribert Pfaff

-- James Stewart had been a student at the Scientology Advanced Organization in Edinburgh. He was a thirty-five-year-old epileptic, whose body was found fifty feet beneath his hotel window. The newspapers missed vital information in their reports. A few days before his death, Stewart had completed an Ethics Condition wherein he stayed awake for eighty hours. One of his tasks during this period was to crawl about the carpets picking out bits of fluff. According to Robert Kaufman, in his firsthand account, a bulletin had been posted on the Advanced Org notice board: 5 James Stewart has been put in a Condition of Doubt for having [epileptic] seizures in public thus invalidating Scientology. If there is any reoccurrence of these either consciously or unconsciously on his part he will be placed in a Condition of Enemy.

Stewart's real crime, having had a severe seizure, was telling the hospital that he was a Scientologist, thus supposedly giving Scientology a bad name. He had injured his head, and wore a blood-stained bandage while performing his demeaning "amends project."

He was possibly made to crawl across the steep and slippery slates of the Org roof, as a final part of his Doubt Formula. This bizarre practice was quite usual at the time. 6 Shortly before his death, Stewart had been suspended from his course at the AO. On the day he read a funeral notice for Stewart, fellow student Robert Kaufman saw Stewart's widow, Thelma, giving an enthusiastic speech on her completion of OT 2. In his book, Inside Scientology, Kaufman said Thelma "victoriously received the applause of AO members." A Scientology spokesman told the press, "Mrs. Stewart does not know how it happened, but she does know it had nothing to do with Scientology." The press was also told that Mrs. Stewart was a "more serious" student than her husband. In fact, Stewart, described in the newspapers as an encyclopedia salesman, 7 had been a founder of the Cape Town Scientology Org, and was a senior executive there. He was a Class VII Auditor, the highest level of training at the time, Clear number 153 (there were over 2,000 by then), and was on OT 3 when he died.

Heribert Pfaff, 31, became a Scientologist after a brother encountered a sidewalk solicitor who was recruiting students in Munich, Germany.

The decision to join, his family members now believe, was a fateful one.

For a decade after surviving a major car accident, Heribert Pfaff had suffered severe seizures that often came in the middle of the night.

In 1988 Pfaff traveled from his home in Munich to Clearwater to take courses at the Church of Scientology.

Pfaff's brother, Georg, told the Times that Scientologists in Germany promised a cure for his seizures and took Pfaff off medication that had controlled them.

The son of a wealthy German builder, Pfaff checked into Room 758 at the Fort Harrison Hotel. He had brought about $100,000 to finance his visit, family members say. His wife, Anita, told police she was staying with friends so she wouldn't be awakened by the seizures her husband had been having since he quit taking his medicine.

On Aug. 28, 1988, Pfaff's nude body was found upside down hanging out of his bed. An autopsy determined that a seizure probably caused his death. No anti-convulsant drugs were found in his bloodstream.

The $100,000 disappeared, says Georg Pfaff, his brother.

The family had stopped an attempt by Heribert Pfaff to wire transfer another $150,000 from a family bank account that was requested a few days before his death.

Georg Pfaff said he discovered after the death that his brother had paid $26,330 for one Scientology course and $52,000 for another.

The church was only interested in his money, says Georg Pfaff.

Scientology officials say Pfaff's treatment was not recommended by the church.

"If someone had epilepsy, they should see a medical doctor," Shaw said. "It was his choice to receive drugs or not."

Another of Pfaff's brothers, Joannes, remains a Scientologist.

From http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/kult-epelep.htm

I knew Heribert and his wife Anita personally because Anita was asking me for help in the nights when she was alone with her husband. Heribert was a very tall and strong man so she was not able to protect him when he had seizures.
    So she asked me to stay at her home when her husband was there in order to protect him from being hurt during a seizure. I know that Scientologists promised her that Auditing could cure his seizures because the seizures started after surviving a major car accident. So he went to Flag to get rid of his seizures through Scientology "Technology"!

Love

Markus
    Last edited by Markus; 27th July 2009 at 10:29 PM.

both quotes by Bee Sting

Good thread. Thanks Markus

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quotes from the declaration of Caroline Letkeman:

"3. On or about May 12, 1997 I suddenly became acutely ill due to poisoning by way of a contaminated herbal product. For at least a year prior to the onset of my illness, I had been purchasing this herbal cleansing product from Peter Gillam’s Health Food Store in Los Angeles, CA. Peter Gillam’s Health Food store is located within a block or so of Scientology’s Complex on L. Ron Hubbard Way. It is a store that is managed and patronized by Scientologists who live in the vicinity, as well as by those who take Scientology services at the Complex. The contamination occurred in a specific batch of the herbal formula.

4. On May 16, 1997 the FDA issued the following warning regarding this product. (This warning is available in the archived FDA Warnings on the FDA’s website.)

FDA WARNS AGAINST CONSUMING THE ARISE & SHINE PRODUCT "CHOMPER"

The Food and Drug Administration is warning consumers not to purchase or consume "CHOMPER," one of a line of dietary supplement products distributed by "Arise & Shine" of Mount Shasta, California. FDA has determined that this product has been associated with a severe injury and that it may contain substances that may result in an abnormal heart rate and rhythm, and could potentially cause cardiac arrest.
    FDA has learned of a recent case where the consumption of this product as part of Arise & Shine "The Cleanse Thyself" program by a young woman apparently resulted in abnormal heart rate with heartblock, a potentially life- threatening condition. The agency is also investigating if other injuries have been associated with this product.
    The "Chomper" product is promoted as an "herbal laxative" and "cleansing" agent to be used as part of a regimen of dietary products distributed by this company. Laboratory analyses of the product revealed that it contains substances similar to those that affect the heart. Use of these powerful substances, which are found in a number of poisonous plants, may result in a severe, potentially fatal heartblock, even in otherwise healthy individuals. The agency has found that "Chomper" poses a potentially significant and unreasonable risk to public health.
    FDA urges all individuals who may have this product to avoid consuming it and to immediately consult their health care professional if they are experiencing any adverse effects associated with use of the product. These effects may include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, headache, confusion, hypotension (low blood pressure), vision disturbances and abnormal heart rate and rhythm.

33. However, I did send faxes with the FDA warnings to Shaw Health Center and Dr. Garbutt. My concern was the protection of other patients against this deadly herb. Dr. Garbutt responded quickly to my fax, and offered his condolences. I had also requested that Dr. Denk call me, which he reluctantly did several days following my fax. Dr. Denk said to me, “What do you want?” in a manner that was totally devoid of any caring or concern for what I had just gone through. I told him that I wanted to alert him to the FDA warning, and wanted his confirmation of receipt. He acknowledged receipt, but in no way offered any apology or expressed any regret for his misdiagnosis or treatment. Dr. Shields responded in a similar way—her response to my report was one of contempt that I would rail against the hospital, because they had, after all, saved my life."

http://carolineletke33.man.org/sp/in...=863&Itemid=93

Best wishes

Markus
    I have done 4 cleanses, over about 15 years, using the Arise and Shine Clean-Me-Out system, and have taken CHOMPER every time, in large amounts. I have always had fantastic results form the colon cleanses.

The FDA are assholes. This sounds just like when they banned L-Trytophan because of ONE BAD BATCH from a supplier in the orient! There was absolutely nothing wrong with taking L-Tryptophan, but the FDA generalized ONE UNIQUE CASE involving ONE ISOLATED BAD BATCH and banned the entire product - for many years. I wonder what the real reason was for banning L-Trytophan by the FDA, since obviously the reason they gave made no sense at all!

It says above clearly that, "The contamination occurred in a specific batch of the herbal formula."

Am I missing something?

The FDA are NOT and have NEVER been concerned with the best interests and health of the general American public. You can believe that if you want - people accept and believe all sorts of stupid ideas and notions. Their primary, top-level concern involves maintaining high profits for the huge drug companies, which the board members are so closely connected to.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I have done 4 cleanses, over about 15 years, using the Arise and Shine Clean-Me-Out system, and have taken CHOMPER every time, in large amounts. I have always had fantastic results form the colon cleanses.

The FDA are assholes. This sounds just like when they banned L-Trytophan because of ONE BAD BATCH from a supplier in the orient! There was absolutely nothing wrong with taking L-Tryptophan, but the FDA generalized ONE UNIQUE CASE involving ONE ISOLATED BAD BATCH and banned the entire product - for many years. I wonder what the real reason was for banning L-Trytophan by the FDA, since obviously the reason they gave made no sense at all!

It says above clearly that, "The contamination occurred in a specific batch of the herbal formula."

Am I missing something?
    Yes you are missing something. Please read the whole story. My point is how Caroline was treated by the "Scientology medical doctors".....

Love

Markus

both quotes by Bee Sting

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Yes you are missing something. Please read the whole story. My point is how Caroline was treated by the "Scientology medical doctors".....

Love

Markus
    No dispute there. The "main" Scientology doctors have much greater concern for their "Church" than they do for any human being.

Patron with Honors

Default My first two weeks in the Sea Organization

Quote Originally Posted by degraded being View Post
    Good thread. Thanks Markus
    Bee continues her story...

It was a pleasant day when the EPF Manager arraived at our apartment to move us up north and to the SO. It was a sunny day, no snow was on the ground and the sun was shining. By all measurments it was mild and a beautiful day.

It was mid morning, I think about the 21st of January when he arrived. We had everything packed in plastic garbage bags. We were too poor to own any suit cases and what we packed were pretty much the cloths on our backs.

So, we stuffed what we could into the rusty old van. The van had only the seats in front, the driver's and the front passenger. My son and I crammed our selves in the back between the black garbage bags of our clothing, a crib mattress and my son's play pen.

The trip was long and bumpy as my infant son and I bounced around on the floor of the van. The rusty and holes in the back door and in between the floor created a wind draft that made us shiver even when I tried to cover us in a comforter.

Somewhere, along the ride we stopped an had a burger but the ride became increasingly cold despite my efforts to shield my self and my infant from the increasing drop in temperature. By the time we arrived late in the afternoon the city was covered in snow and my limbs freezing numb.

"DAN" the EPF Manager directed us to a room that would be our temporary quarter and we fell exhausted to sleep. The very next morning, my infant was very sick and his fever well above 105F. I didn't know then and my memory is a bit fooggy about exactly the time frame but somewhere in the next few hours, I found myself begging my ex-husband to find the nearest hospital.

I remember being in the hallway and him (my ex) speaking to a woman whom later turned out ot be one of his many out 2Ds, I am not sure the time of the day but I remember being at the point of tears and begging on the behalf of my son's life, to please direct me to the nearest hospital.

Under much reluctance or perhaps being a mother above being a SO member, she turned to my husband and gave him the directions to the nearest hospital. I am not sure now he we ended up there but we did.

My son received his antibiotics but I remember other SO members stopping by my quarter's asking how my son was doing. It seemed they were concerned but there was also questions if he was reciving "touch assists."

Later, I realized that I was "out ethics" and needed to be handled.. A week later or so, my son spiked yet another fever not as high but well above 104F close to 105F but then I didn't dare ask taking him to the hospital.

Bee Sting

Gold Meritorious Patron FinallyFree's Avatar

Dr. Gene Denk is a certified quack IMO. His HORRENDOUS ability to diagnose is atrocious. I can personally confirm that his routine is to throw antibiotics at undiagnosed illnesses. My brother from about 2 years to 9 was constantly sick and being prescribed antibiotics by Dr. Denk *routinely* and for YEARS. At 9 my brother FINALLY was properly diagnosed with an illness that would have taken his life had it not been diagnosed within a month. Thank God for my families’ current doctor – he literally saved my brothers life.

Denk was also involved in the cover up at hubbard’s death. Megan Shields is also a quack who cannot diagnose. A close friend of mine had been (sorry folks but…) menstruating off and on for about two months. Shields did not diagnose what was going on, my friend had to go to another doctor. Per my friend it was as though Shield just simply did not know what was going on or what to do about it other than “Wait a week and see what happens”.

And the guy who was a molester? Was his name BARRY YARBAROUGH? Barry Yarbarough is a CHILD PREDATOR. He was in the S.O. and was posted IN THE CADET ORG. His senior KNEW HE WAS A PEDOFILE. What happened? – well some sort of a flap – as always (and I, of course, don’t have the details. Just he fact that I am privy to this info was due to a personal sit) scientology DID NOT REPORT IT. Did not report Barry to the police. I repeat BARRY YARBAROUGH is a PREDATORY PEDIFILE and scientology did nothing to report it.

Danny Masterson is another criminal protected by scientology. I personally know a girl who was drugged and raped by Masterson. She was, while “handling it” with Celebrity Center chaplain – discovered at least one, possibly two other girls who went through the same exact deal. This girl is no longer my friend due to the choice she made to accept large payments and shush it up rather than report Masterson for the crime he committed.

The crimes are out there. The problem is getting someone in the proper legal “know” to report them to the correct officials.

Just reading my own post makes me wonder WTF is wrong that I was so sucked in.
    Sweet memories
    I never thought it would be like this
    Reminding me
    Just how close I came to missing
    I know that
    This is the way for me to go
    You'll be there
    When you know what I know
    And I know...

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast