Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nexey's book

Blog Entries

Default Nexey's book

I finished reading "A Spiritual Model of the Universe". I wasn't really excited about reading it. I am a bit hesitant to delve into philosophy. Funny that the book really addressed what I was / am experiencing.

I kinda thought as I went into it that I was going to be "schooled" on the truth about spirituality. It was so easy to read and so humbly presented, I melted. I loved the book. It validated my understanding, my viewpoint and my choices. It actually validates all viewpoints, understandings and choices.

It's just a lovely and gentle guide to enlightenment with no preachy "know best" crap. I highly recommend it. I truly sincerely and highly recommend it.

Thanks Nexus.
    VEDA IS GOD

Sometimes I'm the Evil Twin.

http://itwastruelove.blogspot.com

Gold Meritorious Patron Tiger Lily's Avatar

Can somebody post the link to purchase it again?

-TL

Gold Meritorious Patron nexus100's Avatar

Thank you GT!

The link is my signature, TL. Thanks for the interest.

Gold Meritorious Patron AnonOrange's Avatar

Parts of it are available online for quick browsing.
    http://www.blurb.com/books/726888

Sorry Good Twin, but that book is complete crap.

I'm going to make a bet that this guy doesn't even own a telescope and has no idea what "red shift" is.

And he claims to explain the universe.

OP, you got conned by scientology (I assumed), why get conned again? Take an astronomy course, a physics course if your want to even begin to understand the universe.

This guy claims he's going to give you "truths". It's all BS.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire.

The author says: "This book explains the spiritual structure of the universe, including the one rule you cannot break. Knowing this makes the trip a lot easier. "

Since I don't have the whole book, what is the ONE rule you cannot break. I just want to see if that's BS too.
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire.

Gold Meritorious Patron nexus100's Avatar

Your opinion is noted, AO.

With regard to your question, much of the info in the book is on the "What If" thread, including that "answer". I doubt you'll ike it much, however, and you might be better off skipping that enterprise for a bit. Just an opinion from me.

With regard to this thread, the source is a spontaneous and unsolicited compliment from GT for which I am humbly grateful. I do not intend to bump the thread or use it to promote the book, and am content to let it pass into history. But if I get requests I feel I should address them.

Gold Meritorious Patron Tiger Lily's Avatar

AO, you have every right to believe that the world ends with your 5 senses, and scientific discoveries about the physical universe. At one time I was there with you -- Carl Sagan was my idol (still love him, actually; though I believe now there's something beyond the physical universe).

But people who are drawn to Scientology in the first place are often people who have a pretty high degree of spiritual awareness. That's one thing I love about this board. Because Scientology isn't what it claims to be doesn't mean that there is no spiritual truth, and I, for one, really value the thoughts of ex-Scientologists; they've been through a sort of "baptism by fire". They know what can go wrong in a spiritual quest, and have highly developed discernment. I have learned a lot by listening to them.

I recognized Nexus right away as someone who had something to say -- was thrilled when he said he had written a book. . .his posts alone have been enlightening to me. (His and many others -- this board is chock-full of wise and grounded people).

I'm not sure what your purpose is in coming to this thread and being so rude about someone's work. I've never seen Nexus do that to you, or anyone for that matter.

-TL

People (in the 50's and 60's) got into scientology because they thought it was SCIENCE. Scientology promoted Hubbard as a SCIENTIST, a doctor, physicist, a nuclear engineer. It was not spirituality back then.

Scientology's marketing got changed because people got less and less interested in science and preferred the easy answers that the Truths (with capital "T") that spirituality claims to provide.

I don't mean to upset, but to wake people up. Sometimes that requires shocking statements, like "this book is crap". Your right to think and publish crap is absolute, just like my opposition to it.

The book makes an incredible claim: To provide a model of the Universe. Such extraordinary claims, like Sagan said, require equally EXTRAORDINARY EVIDENCE. It requires solid theories that are argued back and forth by other scientists until they are disproven. If they stick, they continue to be the truth, but a provisional truth, with a lower case "t".

That's why this book is "not even wrong", it's worse than that.
    Last edited by AnonOrange; 21st July 2009 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    AO, you have every right to believe that the world ends with your 5 senses, and scientific discoveries about the physical universe. At one time I was there with you -- Carl Sagan was my idol (still love him, actually; though I believe now there's something beyond the physical universe).
    Likewise, you have to right to believe that you have an extra sense, but that is also an extraordinary claim. There is thus far ZERO evidence. It's all in your mind.

Come up with ANY evidence of another sense and you have an IMMEDIATE Nobel prize and a ticker parade in New York.

Good luck.

Back to debunking e-meters.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast