Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Introducing myself

Default Introducing myself

Hello,

My name is Per-Olof Samuelsson, but if I have met any of you, you might remember me as Sam Samuelsson, because everybody used to call me that in my youth.

I was involved with Scientology for about a decade, from 1967 to 1977, the last five years as a Sea Org member. I worked as a Swedish translator at Pubs DK in Copenhagen. I left the SO and the CofS in October 1977 with the firm intention never to return. I have since been living a fairly happy and productive wog life.

In the early 80s I received demands from the CofS that I repay my "free-loader debt". I figured out that, since this is a debt that is accumulated over a period of one billion years, it can also be paid back over a period of one billion years, so I agreed to pay it in installments of 0.05 Swiss Francs every one thousandth year. The CofS wasn't exactly happy with this solution, but I also wrote an article about it which I managed to get published in a Swedish magazine. Since then, the CofS has left me virtually alone. (There were a couple of feeble attempts to make me accept "amnesties", but this was also in the 80s.) I haven't even had to think about Scientology since then (frankly, I have lost all interest in the subject).

However, quite recently, the CofS seems to have decided that I have no more urgent wish in life than to rejoin and "come back on lines". A few months ago, I began getting phone calls from somebody in Copenhagen. I told him I am not interested (I even asked him to look up the word "not" in a good dictionary and then use it in a few sentences, until he understood the word - to no avail, of course). Finally, I got so fed up with this that I disconnected my phone (I was going to change to using a mobile anyway, but this hastened my decision to do so).

As if this were not enough, in the beginning of June I received a letter from the Director of Income at AOSH Europe together with a statement of my "free-loader bill". The accompanying letter told me "one very good data from LRH is that communication can solve any problem" and that "I will try to help you as much as I can and I think you also can help me". Obviously the girl thinks that making financial demands that would ruin me for life, if I took them seriously, is "helping" me.

I have reported both those matters to the police in Copenhagen, but I have not received an answer yet.

So what I wonder is if anybody on this forum has some advice as how I should go about getting those people off my back.

Silver Meritorious Patron Cherished's Avatar

Dear Sam,

welcome! I'm sure you'll be inundated shortly with lots of wise advice in response to your question.

In the meantime, the Swedish Anons will be very interested to hear about your article. Do you happen to have a copy of it?

Another young Swede distinguished himself recently in addressing the Board of Supervisors of Riverside County - home of Scientology's International Base. Hombre, as he's known to us, appears in this video:

In it, he refers to a video he created, when in Stockholm, about one of the Riverside Supervisors, Jeff Stone. There was (almost) an audible gasp in the room when Hombre said the title of his video. I think everyone was astonished that a county supervisor in Riverside, California was being held accountable on the internet by a young man in Stockholm, Sweden. Jeff Stone couldn't resist a silly comment after Hombre's statement, "Welcome to America, Mr Ackerman, where we have freedom of speech." (Ironic.)

Here's Hombre's video - which was drawn to Supervisor Stone's attention when it was first published on youtube:

Quote Originally Posted by Per-Olof "Sam" Samuelsson View Post
    I have reported both those matters to the police in Copenhagen, but I have not received an answer yet.

So what I wonder is if anybody on this forum has some advice as how I should go about getting those people off my back.
    File paperwork for extortion. Explain that you fear your well being, if not your life. State previous cases. Advise the agency that you're dealing with that after a reasonable time, if they don't act, you will take this to the medias and "all over the internet".

Bake a cake and announce a raid.

Welcome, Sam!

I have to say that your solution to the Co$'s "freeloader debt" really made me laugh! That is probably one of the most well thought out, ingenious responses to their bullshit that I've ever heard!

I look forward to hearing more of your story.
    So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause.

Silver Meritorious Patron Tim Skog's Avatar
    In Tucson next to a saguaro watching tubleweeds

Welcome Sam. I'm not sure what to suggest about your problem with the "culties" trying to contact you. From what you have stated in your post, it seems that you are doing the right thing. Congratulations on joining ESMB, I'm glad you are one of us.
    So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious or otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men. -- Voltaire

Cheer up, things could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse.

Silver Meritorious Patron HCObringOrder?'s Avatar

Smile

Olaf, wow a blast from the past!

I remember your name from my time at Flag.
    Either from the G.O. files I worked on (very few) or from one of the conditions declares.
    I noted your name because of my old friend from Riverside, Vito Stagnunis (not his full name).

Meanwhile, the attempt to get money out of you after so many years seems a moot point.
    Likely some Org or mission Tres Sec did a write up on how they went after their freeloaders to get money. Now this is being put in as a successful action to get income. This just shows how deep the pockets of the COS really are.

Check your local laws to be sure that they do not have any legal basis for their claim.
    Then tell them that if they persist in their demands that you will be joining Anonymous in the protests outside their Org.
    Also file a claim against the Org for false debt to require that they show proof that you owe the debt.
    Where are the documents that they say you signed?
    Where are the records of any courses?

Keep us informed of your battle.
    There are many here, including me who can help you in many ways.

Folks here love the stories too.
    Overwhelm: That feeling you get when all your remaining OSA staff are out on investigations and Blow drills while the police are knocking on your door.
    Scientology Ethics: When your LIES, OVERTS and CRIMES are required by your management because of PR or finances.
    QUESTION: What is the only unethical thing you can do?
    ANSWER: “...the only unethical thing you can do is deny yourself.” - LRH -
    Sample Q from Golden Age Course. (DM's daily mantra)

Gold Meritorious Patron

Read them parts of OTIII over the phone. And send them back pages of LRH's hand written OTIII.:D

to ESMB, Olaf!

And I LOVE your solution to paying off the FL Debt!
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Default Välkommen

Välkommen Per-Olof!

I'm also here because of their phone calls (from the US). I'm telling them they have the wrong number, which may be a cowardly way to get rid of them but it seems to be helping, slowly (they're calling from at least 3 different numbers to all the family's different numbers so it will take a while..).

Quote Originally Posted by Per-Olof "Sam" Samuelsson View Post
    In the early 80s I received demands from the CofS that I repay my "free-loader debt". I figured out that, since this is a debt that is accumulated over a period of one billion years, it can also be paid back over a period of one billion years, so I agreed to pay it in installments of 0.05 Swiss Francs every one thousandth year.
    I love the payment plan you worked out. Did you make your initial payment of 0.05 Swiss Francs? And did the CofS send you a proper receipt?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast