Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657

Thread: Golden Quotes from ESMB

Default Re: Golden Quotes from ESMB

Quote Originally Posted by lotus View Post
    I'd say empathy MUST BE found without limitation a human society. Period. On a daily basis.

Many research have demonstrated that animals (for example primates) ressent empathy when one in the hord is suffering..some also won't take any food if other members of the group are not given equal part (primates)

* That's pretty much a ''higher''spiritual state compare to what some human beings can achieve - like a deeply indoctrinated $cientologist in Ethics\being cause\responsibility and all this bullshit.

The problem with $cientology harm is that for many..it's a constant daily suffering, especially when

they are day to day denied their kids and grand kids...their old dying parents...subject to constant fair gaming...denied their beloved kid who died of neglecting...

fair gamed with constant featuring on hate website - constant blak pr to destroy their reputation with false accusations..showing them as pervert beings...

As far as I know, others who don't suffer from any present time harm done by the cult (only past one)....My impression is that they did a god job in healing and rebuilding a new life.(they actually moved on) Other ones (some) did such a good job on keeping head out of the trouble waters...and are bulding a fundation to find peace.

I know for true that several of them cry silently...and I suspect some of them may be struggling with the ''you pulled it in'' sense of guiltyness. SOme of them may have never opend up ..too much painful...

So I am not one to lecture people about empathy or kindness...
    they are feelings and values we choose to either grow or not...it's our choice.
    But I am one who find disgusting the constant promotion of the wonderful teck and sociopath guru among those still suffering people.

When the harm done will end ...then they could make a process of healing a scarve that will be allowed to heal..and then..they could move on...

One thing that impress me on ESMB, is particularly some people who claimed they were not themselve abused neither they lost their kids..but are the most sensitive to those issues..it emanate in their posts...

So in brief..Empathy is always a winner in healing - it's a soul to soul connection as we both try to understand eachother's experience. (this is not pity or sympathy..but empathy )

These are just few raw thoughts as I see it!
    Beautifully said. Truer words were never spoken.

2. Likes JustSheila, Ogsonofgroo liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger Lily View Post
    Clamicide's sig line:

I joined a religion started by a science fiction writer that used a double cross as its symbol, and then they tried to sell me a bridge.....what could have possibly gone wrong?

(Love this thread!)
    -TL
    I love this quote !!!

Btw this is an awesome thread and a great idea for it .
    Last edited by Margaret; 27th August 2016 at 07:47 AM. Reason: The quote wasn't showing up so had to go back and copy and paste it in.
    Happy to be out !

4. Likes JustSheila liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    Compartmentalisation of the truth is something that Hubbard preached as well as practiced throughout His Reign of Error as "Source."

It's impossible to know who knew what when it comes to the cult, unless you could actually be there when the info was shared OR you have dox.

There was stuff I was privy to that was truly scary "top-sekrit" stuff yet mundane things I should have know about I never had a clue about, simply a matter of being there at the time or not. There was never any real logic about the way info was spread, particularly in the SO. I got told stuff because I was there and willing to listen, so I heard about sexual preferences and petty (and not-so-petty) theft etc. etc. that really I had no use for. And much, much worse stuff - like who was doing evil stuff to kids.

I doubt that ANYONE could know everything that went on within the cult, despite both Hubbard and Miscavige claiming They do. Juniors cover up bad news rather than forward it up-lines if they think it will mean that they themselves will be punished for it, or they willingly pass it on and blame it all onto a convenient junior who gets casually tossed under the bus.

And, seriously, we were all rats in the same cage. And constantly exhorted to write KRs if we saw anything wrong, but knowing the KRs would go nowhere if you did (except of course knowing that the senior written up would get revenge on you at some point.)

There was a lot of evil shit that this cult spewed out via its minions.

YMMV, but I just can't follow up on whatever evil shit happened to me because of whoever as long as the cult itself continues to harm and destroy.

I just don't care that much for my own personal satisfaction while I have friends who are still being brutalised, even if they are willing participants at times.
    Well and insightfully spoken.
    War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength. George Orwell
    Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire
    It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creed into law if it acquires the political power to do so. Robert A. Heinlein.

6. Thanks JBWriter says "thank you" for this post
    Likes JBWriter liked this post

Reposted from the thread, "What if it wasn't dub in?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Elronius of Marcabia View Post
    Excuse me but is'nt that the scientology bubble, creating and living within a self created universe with
    no concern for whether its real or actual ? in other words the truth of something ? matters not?

If my banker would bite on that one I'd be a richman
    Quote Originally Posted by ILove2Lurk View Post
    Yes and no. Living in "own world" is a very common concept in many mental practices, religions,
    and political "group thinks."

The opening few paragraphs of this article might explain a bit more:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/judith..._b_811503.html

In my opinion, the secret to life is to be in touch with the "real world" enough to be a big success in it,
    while having a fully formed separate "universe" of your own creation to enjoy. And to be able to live in
    both freely and at will.

I know some people who throughout their days spend most of their hours self-generating and looking at
    5,000 to probably 20,000 individual, discrete thoughts during an average day and spend very little time looking
    at the walls or people in front of them. They tend to be what you'd call very cerebral, I guess. You can
    tell talking to them that they just aren't in touch with the real world much. Live in an own-created fantasy
    or worldview 90-95% of the time.

On the other hand, most of the things that make life beautiful and very livable for you -- music, movies, books,
    TV entertainment, art, design, fashion, aesthetic tech inventions, wonderful websites -- are created by people
    who tend to live in a world of imagination, but can bring all that forth into the real world for others. This is
    was my career for about 30 years. I know of what I speak.

So in the end, I think a "self-created universe" is a good thing. Call it what you want. You just have to be be
    able to travel back and forth, own to others and back again very fluidly. The article I linked describes that a bit.

It's not just a Hubbard thing, though he did try to commercialize, monopolize and monetize that concept in the
    early 50's and going forward.
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

8. Thanks Jump, ILove2Lurk says "thank you" for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Yeah, I believed the same thing when I was newly out and still half a believer.

Now I know that, with a very few exceptions, "what is good in Scientology is not new and what is new in Scientology is not good."
    "Looking back on it I think I got these gains only because the processing made me self reflect and try to repair the damage done by it. So I made gains in spite of Scientology not because of it. It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you are not."

- Cleared Cannibal

10. Likes Enthetan, Lurker5 liked this post

Does Anyone Ever Say "Just Take Your Time" in Scientology?

Thanks, Glenda, for this brilliant post :

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda View Post
    True and lovely. One of things I did when I was doing the "big work" was chant "slow it down". Scientologists are trained to do everything fast, fast, fast. Speed of particle flow determines power, blah, blah, blah.

My thoughts were fast. I moved fast. A person can never get a strong sense of themselves when they are being driven (externally and internally) to bluster through everything at break-neck speeds. You don't notice the world when you are on turbo-charged speeds.

So I slowed everything down. Deliberately. It was very interesting in the beginning. I had been trained by scientology to go, go, go. I had no idea I was processing thoughts at the speed of a person on amphetamines. I had no idea how to just amble through a day. How to slowly unload a dishwasher and enjoy that moment for exactly what it was. I did everything as merely something to get to the other side of so that the underlying "save the world" concepts could be attained.

Even now, from time to time, I deliberately slow things down just to keep myself connected to the simplicity and enjoyment of every moment.

There's a lot of stuff scientology insists upon. We take it up and give it no serious thought. Racing through life, to help save the world, roaring through thoughts without ever considering what they actually contain, is heavily installed into scientologists. A really good way to grab the power and control over an individual is to rev them up with go, go, go. Don't give them any time to reflect or to experience a sense of themselves in each moment. Wind them up like a tightly-wound bunch of rubber bands. Hit them with barrages of wordy stuff and insist they perform better and better with each new day. Make them do more every day.

Put it this way: did anyone formerly in scientology ever hear anyone say "just take your time"? I sure as hell never did.

- Cleared Cannibal

12. Thanks Glenda says "thank you" for this post
Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 4748495051525354555657