Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 101

Thread: Wacky Stuff

  1. #1
    Patron with Honors lrnobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    in that chair, thank you.
    Posts
    175

    Default Wacky Stuff

    I hope for this thread to be a collection of the well, wacky stuff, that went on and goes on in Scn.

    My first contribution is "Excessive Clapping". During events or some meetings in Scn often there will be some type of salute to Ron and then the clapping begins, and goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on ... well those that were there will remember.

    Sometimes the clapping will start to die down but then the tempo will rise again and those that wanted to be perceived as the most dedicated members will keep the tempo going, and then the rest of us that really think it was time for the clapping to die down were caught in a trap as we don't want to be perceived as a less enthusiastic member so then we would keep up the clapping.

    The work was free. Keep it so.... Huh?

  2. #2
    Crusader Bea Kiddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    5,409

    Default

    Chinese School:

    Taking some LRH policy and putting on a large board. Having all of the staff at a muster have it read out to them, then they have to repeat it, word for word.

    And usually, they want you to scream it. Loud as you can. Over and over and over.

    (Here is one I still remember verbatim, 8 years later "Give good service. Give the people what they came for. Schedule their time briskly and oversee their progress alertly. Look at the students and pcs every week and see how they look and act accordingly"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!! Again!!! LOUDER this time!!!)

  3. #3
    Crusader Wisened One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Wichita, Kansas, Toto!:)
    Posts
    9,502

    Default Chinese school,God!

    PRODUCTION IS THE BASIS OF MORALE, IN THE ABSENCE OF PRODUCTION, YOU'LL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH MORALE.....

    I hated chinese-schooling all the time!!!

    Wisened One
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

    I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

  4. #4
    Gold Meritorious Patron Kathy (ImOut)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    4,686

    Default

    "Event aerobics" - that constant stand up and clap. Then sit down for 5 minutes and do it again. Up and down, up and down. It's worse than a Catholic ceremony. At least at a Catholic ceremony you get to kneel.
    Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances, & never have regrets, because at one point, everything you did was exactly what you wanted.
    "There is no freedom like seeing myself as I am and not losing heart."~Elizabeth J. Canham from Dark Phoenix

  5. #5
    Silver Meritorious Sponsor
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default The Kali Ceremony

    Cathy Cariotaki presided over a new ritual that was invented as punishment for auditors who goofed up -- the ritual of sacrifice to the goddess Kali, goddess of death and destruction. An alter, with a hideous painting of Kali over it was built in the internship classroom. If an auditor had a bad exam report, the following ceremony would take place in a candlelit room:

    A chorus of other interns and auditors would sing a hymn to the goddess Kali, sung to the tune of "Rock of Ages". The offender would come forward and kneel before the alter and say he/she was a worshipper of the goddess Kali and wanted chaos, death and destruction. The person was then given a knife and a fake preclear and told to "stab the preclear", at which time the person had to thrust the knife into the folder. I had to participate in such a ceremony twice. It was very humiliating and upsetting. We all deeply resented what was happening, but nobody dared to speak up or refuse to participate. Such refusal would probably result in getting kicked off the ship in disgrace, a fate worse than any punishment

    http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Library/Shelf/pignotti/

    Zinj

  6. #6
    Patron with Honors ozzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    211

    Default

    That same Kali ceremony was done for management staff on the ship. It was horrible and many freaked over doing it - only they had to "destroy" orgs. That ceremony, if I remember correctly, was ordered from the top.
    Weird, freaky stuff!
    Other weird freaky stuff - "gang bang" sec checks - I had the pleasure of having one - talk about intimidating, accusative and downright mean! Talk about being yelled at but numerous people while holding the cans and told about all these horrible overts you have supposedly committed. All of which of course were not true.
    That pretty much told me that "management" didn't give a turd about anyone. Even the "auditor" couldn't look at me without utter sympathy about what was being done. I told her it was wrong - she looked away - ha! talk about auditor TRs!!!

    From my understanding these "gang bangs" are still done.

    Ozzie
    The cheapest facelift is a laugh

  7. #7
    Patron with Honors lrnobs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    in that chair, thank you.
    Posts
    175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bea Kiddo View Post
    Chinese School:

    And usually, they want you to scream it. Loud as you can. Over and over and over.

    (Here is one I still remember verbatim, 8 years later "Give good service. Give the people what they came for. Schedule their time briskly and oversee their progress alertly. Look at the students and pcs every week and see how they look and act accordingly"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    (NOT LOUD ENOUGH!!! Again!!! LOUDER this time!!!)
    Yes, Chinese School. I don't know that they ever really did this in China, but this Scn method is the shouting, as a group, of something that they want memorized.

    There was the points of Keeping Scientology Working:
    HAVING THE TECHNOLOGY!
    KNOWING THE TECHNOLOGY!
    KNOWING IT IS CORRECT!
    and so on.

    The organization board levels of awareness
    RECOGNITION!
    COMMUNICATION!
    and so on.

    Then
    WHO IS SOURCE!
    L RON HUBBARD!
    WHO IS SOURCE!
    L RON HUBBARD!

    HIP HIP!
    HOORAY!
    HIP HIP!
    HOORAY!
    HIP HIP!
    HOORAY!

    Then of course:
    The work was free. Keep it so.... Huh?

  8. #8
    Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    North-East England
    Posts
    20,431
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lrnobs View Post
    Yes, Chinese School. I don't know that they ever really did this in China, but this Scn method is the shouting, as a group, of something that they want memorized.
    Well, it works, doesn't it?

    I can probably still parrot off the awareness levels and the divisional VFPs after 30 years.

    Paul

  9. #9
    Silver Meritorious Patron Colleen K. Peltomaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lrnobs View Post
    I hope for this thread to be a collection of the well, wacky stuff, that went on and goes on in Scn.

    My first contribution is "Excessive Clapping". During events or some meetings in Scn often there will be some type of salute to Ron and then the clapping begins, and goes on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on ... well those that were there will remember.

    Sometimes the clapping will start to die down but then the tempo will rise again and those that wanted to be perceived as the most dedicated members will keep the tempo going, and then the rest of us that really think it was time for the clapping to die down were caught in a trap as we don't want to be perceived as a less enthusiastic member so then we would keep up the clapping.


    Yes, plus someone might notice us and take down a note about it -- we might get called into ethics.

    I fought the Vikings...and lost

  10. #10
    Silver Meritorious Patron Colleen K. Peltomaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,739

    Default

    When I watched the first showing of Battlefield Earth I was sitting next to someone from OSA. Boy, did I keep my TRs in, in, in.

    I fought the Vikings...and lost

Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •