Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Getting shot while on post - literally

Default Getting shot while on post - literally

I was around when the Portland CC had some crazy pissed off guy walk in and shoot 3 staff members, 1 SO member, held another staff person hostage and torched the place.
    Last edited by Emma; 21st June 2009 at 05:51 AM. Reason: member request

Oh wow, I KNOW what you must've been going thru (for some of it, the yelling, the being made responsible for 'pulling in such a thing' and the lack of sleep, etc..etc...).

Jesus....

That is horrible what happened to the receptionist and her baby!! (And all of those shot, but...). Were you also shot?

I too wondered why I kept showing up for Post every day after the way our ED treated us and our org...it was insane to the nth degree! I also looked like shit constantly....

What happened to the crazy guy?
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

Quote Originally Posted by Wisened One View Post

Oh wow, I KNOW what you must've been going thru (for some of it, the yelling, the being made responsible for 'pulling in such a thing' and the lack of sleep, etc..etc...).

Jesus....

That is horrible what happened to the receptionist and her baby!! (And all of those shot, but...). Were you also shot?

I too wondered why I kept showing up for Post every day after the way our ED treated us and our org...it was insane to the nth degree! I also looked like shit constantly....

What happened to the crazy guy?

No, I wasn't shot thank god.

The ironic end to the story was the crazy guy went to a psych ward for a few years and was then released because he was better. He never did go to prison because he was found not guilty due to reason of insanity. Crazy shit.

Gold Meritorious Patron EP - Ethics Particle's Avatar

Unhappy Traumatic stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by therealme View Post
    No, I wasn't shot thank god.

The ironic end to the story was the crazy guy went to a psych ward for a few years and was then released because he was better. He never did go to prison because he was found not guilty due to reason of insanity. Crazy shit.
    Thanks for these posts - I find such a scene difficult to imagine...makes one wonder what the future may hold.

EP
    "Chastise the scoundrels, unmask the charlatans, and tutor the unschooled mob."

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

The Jairus C. Godeka story has been used by the Cult for years to demonstrate how endangered they are by 'hatred'. Always failing to mention that Godeka was a Scientologist.

Zinj

Patron Meritorious Lesolee (Sith Lord)'s Avatar

That has got to rate as THE most extreme story I have heard about here.

I can't imagine having 50% of the people as missionaires and everyone screaming at the staff.

This has got to be the ultimate staff war story, guns and all.
    Lesolee, the Enlightened Sith.

Beware of the Dark side. Anger, fear, aggression ...
    The Dark side of the Force, are they.

Patron with Honors

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    The Jairus C. Godeka story has been used by the Cult for years to demonstrate how endangered they are by 'hatred'. Always failing to mention that Godeka was a Scientologist.

Zinj
    I think if you read the story which you can google..you'll find that the guy really was a whack case and hadn't been involved in Scientology for years..and that he wasn't even really that involved when he did start. In this particular case, I wouldn't go so far as to say that Scn had anything to do with it at all...he just made them his target..like any insane mind could have done. At least that's my take on it.

What happened to the staff of the org is an entirely different story. Totally insane, as if they had anything at all to do with it. Insanity begets more insanity. What a crock...that in itself makes me wonder if there wasn't something more to this than what was reported about the guy who did the shooting.

Banned
    Blog Entries

therealme wrote

...I think back sometimes on being in a small room with 3 SO members yelling at me with the door locked and I can't believe I kept showing up for post....
    This is the kind of thing, 9 years later, that I can't believe about myself, either.

Why I would have put up with half the shit I did is STILL beyond me.

Excellent write up, TRM.

I know someone who was one of the missionaires. She's out now and posts here often.

Maybe she'll show up in this thread and yell at you again.

Silver Meritorious Sponsor

My point was that the 'Church' *exploited* Godeka for their own purposes; and exploited his victims.

Naturally, there are total whack jobs anywhere you look, but, Scientology does seem to 'outcreate' that way. Besides claiming to prevent the problem in the first place.

Zinj

Quote Originally Posted by Alanzo View Post

I know someone who was one of the missionaires. She's out now and posts here often.

Maybe she'll show up in this thread and yell at you again.
    Oh, I hope she does. I would LOVE to hear from someone who was on that end and hear what kind of orders they were getting from Int management on 'how to handle us'!

Thanks.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast