Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Rehabilitation Project Force or RPF

Default The Rehabilitation Project Force or RPF

Tommy Davis has no clue about the RPF. Visits once a week? I laugh.

I was on the RPF from Sept 99 until sometime in 2001. Not once was I allowed to see my husband. I did see him in passing and say hello, that is it, for that entire time.

I never saw my mother during that time.

Then I was sent back a couple of months later for about 8 months and again was unable to see my husband that entire time.

He got tired of waiting for me (or was co-erced?) and decided to divorce me.

Anyone have more stories?

Tonight's program is supposed to focus on the cult's obsession with luring celebrities in for marketing. I wonder if any celebrities will be asked about their knowledge of the RPF or any of Hubbard's other abusive "Tech" and what they think about it.... I would love to see it, but I won't be holding my breath.
    Yes lurkers you are not alone, everyone thinks Scientology is creepy, it's not just you

http://www.mediacurves.com/Religion/...logy/Index.cfm

I never did the RPF but know others who have. When a friend of mine was informed that he was being sent to the RPF he was allowed time to give goodbyes to his family members who were in the SO and his wife. Goodbyes because RPFers do not see their Sea Org family while they are in unless in passing as Bea mentioned. I read through the RPF series of Flag Orders (Sea Org Policies) a couple times and from what I remember, back during the RPFs inception, there was a weekly family night that was in practice where a RPFer could see their spouse for a few hours one night per week. That practice was canceled by a Flag Order in the same series in the 70s or early 80s as "it distracted RPFers from getting through their program." How insane.

It would be interesting to see the RPF series released for public viewing to get a taste of the prison like conditions those people live in.

Patron with Honors

Yeah, I laughed at that too. I love how Bashir offered the "like once a week?" to Tommy and he latched onto it like a starving puppy.

I was in the RPF from July 2001 to April 2004. I would run into my husband every once in a while in the hallways, if I spoke to him it was always considered "not ok" and it violated the RPF FOs anyway.

The last Christmas that I was in the RPF, I had to BEG to be able to call my parents (who were not in the Sea Org). The only way that I convinced the RPF I/C to let me CALL them was because I needed to call my "wog" grandma too. And I honestly just used that so that I would be allowed to talk to my parents...
    Laura D.

It's really a shame. A reporter *should* have done his homework enough to pose follow-up questions, and, possibly Bashir did, but just didn't ask. It would have been interesting to see 8-year-RPF veteran Chuck Beatty contradict Tommy.

Sigh. It was a half-hour show, it'll do some good, but it's most notable for how *understated* it was. I have some sympathy; it's bad enough, and, anything even *resembling* the truth begins to sound crazy, because it *is* crazy.

But, they could have done quite a bit if they'd replaced the lingering shots of Marty trolling around in his pram with real information/questions.

Zinj

Silver Meritorious Patron Ladybird's Avatar

This series of reports about the RPF was written by a very close friend of mine. Many of us wrote to the local authorities like the Departments of Fire, Elder and Child Abuse, Housing, Welfare and also to the Embassies, Immigration (INS), and even to the Secretary of State and other International agencies. All the addresses are here in this series if you want to write too. There were some inspections done, but as usual nothing really changed.

As long as the cult of scientology is allowed to hide behind its religiious cloaking they will continue to get away with the human rights abuses and other crimes.

Please note that the 2 people this RPFer said would die on the RPF are in fact now dead. Mike Eves and Uwe Stuckenbrock both died after years of being held prisoner in the RPF under inhumane conditions and without being allowed the comfort of their loved ones or their family and without appropriate medical care.

My friend spent 7 YEARS in these inhumane conditions. His "crime" according to his SP Declare was "Too much attention on the 2nd Dynamic, especially his family who are not in good standing with the Church".<gak>.

Please read this series:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/critics/rpfinsider1.html
    "There is nothing as wild in the books of Man as will probably happen here on Earth...it will happen and be allowed to happen simply because all this is so incredible that nobody will even think of stopping it until it is far, far too late"~LRH in "A History of Man"

Quote Originally Posted by dt2000 View Post
    Yeah, I laughed at that too. I love how Bashir offered the "like once a week?" to Tommy and he latched onto it like a starving puppy.

I was in the RPF from July 2001 to April 2004. I would run into my husband every once in a while in the hallways, if I spoke to him it was always considered "not ok" and it violated the RPF FOs anyway.

The last Christmas that I was in the RPF, I had to BEG to be able to call my parents (who were not in the Sea Org). The only way that I convinced the RPF I/C to let me CALL them was because I needed to call my "wog" grandma too. And I honestly just used that so that I would be allowed to talk to my parents...
    Wow, I think you would appreciate reading Nancy Many's new book, My Billion Year Contract -Memoir of a former Scientologist. The RPF is discussed alot there, especially the time when her parents came to visit and what Chris and she had to hide from them.
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Silver Meritorious Patron Lynn Fountain Campbell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zinjifar View Post
    Sigh. It was a half-hour show, it'll do some good, but it's most notable for how *understated* it was. I have some sympathy; it's bad enough, and, anything even *resembling* the truth begins to sound crazy, because it *is* crazy.
    Zinj
    Don't forget though, Zinj. Most people haven't been watching these shenanigans for years like we have, and the whole truth would probably be a little much for them to take. The understatement might be just the right reality for broad public appeal.

Lynn
    No matter how far down the wrong road you've gone, it's never too late to turn back."
    -- Chinese proverb
    Crimes Within Church of Scientology thread
    Exercising freedom of speech at www.shearperfection.com/blog
    and http://www.twitter.com/hair101

Gold Meritorious Patron

I too can confirm this. I was there for almost a year and didn't see my wife but once and it wasn't for "family time".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast