Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do i do next! Please help.

So my mother spoke with the director who said she is getting my monies on account ready for me all i have to do is sign the release waiver. I dont know if shes going to pull out any more tricks but i think once i sign that its it right? I worry about signing it before receiving any funds but according to the statement i'm signing in reguards to receiving funds.. To my understanding i'm not relinquishing any rights UNTIL i recieve the funds. Is that correct? i dont want to strip my rights away and them not send me a check for repayment.

Silver Meritorious Patron skollie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by papurdawl View Post
    So my mother spoke with the director who said she is getting my monies on account ready for me all i have to do is sign the release waiver. I dont know if shes going to pull out any more tricks but i think once i sign that its it right? I worry about signing it before receiving any funds but according to the statement i'm signing in reguards to receiving funds.. To my understanding i'm not relinquishing any rights UNTIL i recieve the funds. Is that correct? i dont want to strip my rights away and them not send me a check for repayment.
    As others have stated, do not sign anything. You are entitled to get your money back without signing a release waiver.

ok well how do i go about that, i'm currently contacting them over the phone and through the mail. Do i write a letter or do i call them on the phone. Because everytime i talk to them they keep saying something like it has to be done on their end, or its regulation, or manditory, or its their system. I dont know if its such a small org they are unaware that i dont have to... she seems to be at least "acting" that way. My husband says shes just testing me to see how much i know, but i'm not sure how to read the situation it could be either.

Do as Diana suggest. She helped me get my repayment and also don't sign any form. Diana has one that will not sign your rights away and the church has accepted.

If you want an attorney, join Prepaid Legal. It's VERY inexpensive and they can give you legal advice and will write letters for you. It only costs $17.00 a month for the membership. I've used them myself. Look in the phone book for a Prepaid Legal Rep......call them and ask about the services.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12