Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: IAS and Super Power claims have started

Silver Meritorious Patron Tim Skog's Avatar
    In Tucson next to a saguaro watching tubleweeds

Wow! This suit is fantastic. No telling how many will join and how much the suit will end up being for. Another major blow to the cult. Way to go Kevin and everybody involved in this suit.
    So long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those who wish to tyrannize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent, and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious or otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men. -- Voltaire

Cheer up, things could be worse, so I cheered up and sure enough, things got worse.

All of these new lawsuits..when I think back on the IRS-related lawsuits and others, the word 'comeuppance' comes to mind.

Well done and good luck!

And get that paypal donations set up, okay? A press release might not be a bad plan either, when you're at that stage. ;)

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by comgud View Post
    A press release might not be a bad plan either, when you're at that stage. ;)
    PR.com is great for free online press releases. I heard they were guaranteed to get into Google News, and the two RoboCounsellor ones I have written so far made it there.

Paul
    PaulsRobot Iconic now available for use at www.PaulsRobot2.com. With Auto-Report. Video here. Introductory post here. Debug post here. Dipoles post here.

Gold Meritorious Patron Axiom142's Avatar

This is brilliant news Kevin!

I would definitely like to join in this suit, if I may.

But, I do have a small reservation in doing so. These sorts of cases tend to drag on for several years. So, if I come on board, I might find myself praying for a miracle, namely that the CoS survives long enough to pay us back our money.

The way things are going right now, they aren’t going to be around for very much longer!

Ax
    "Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Siddhartha Gautama

“He is tall, sort of dark, and sort of handsome. Well not ugly anyway.” - Terril Park on Axiom142

Some of my videos: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...s-Video-Thread

Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Dear Kevin,

If you decide to include Intellectual Property violations, count me in on the lawsuit!

That guy Hubbard stole all my Copyrights and Trademarks.

Much Love,

God

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Where the white stars fairly blaze at midnight in the cold and frosty sky

Default Letter

This is a copy/pasta of the letter that was sent. I've posted it here with the blessing of Barry Van Sickle.

Page 1
    BARRY VAN SICKLE
    ATTORNEY
    AT LAW
    SUNRISE
    AVENUE
    ·SUITE
    B-315
    • ROSEVILLE·
    CA .95661
    PHONE:
    (916)
    549-8784
    • EMAIL:
    BARRYVANSICKLE@COMCAST.NET
    November 11, 2009
    VIA U.S. MAIL
    Mr. Mislav Raos
    IAS Administations
    1311 N. New Hampshire Ave.
    Los Angeles, CA 90027
    RE:
    Kevin & Vicky Mackey
    Dear Mr. Raos,
    Please be advised that Kevin and Vicky Mackey have retained attorneys
    Graham Berry and Barry Van Sickle to pursue their claims for a return of money
    taken from them by IAS. In addition to seeking what was taken from them by
    lAS, Mr. and Mrs. Mackey are assembling a group of former Scientologists who
    also seek a return of IAS payments.
    This activity is being conducted in
    contemplation of filing a multi-party lawsuit unless IAS demonstrates a serious
    intent to resolve these claims without the necessity of litigation.
    I have reviewed the correspondence on the matter exchanged between
    your office and the Mackeys. The Mackeys have been directed to submit their
    claims to the IAS Administrative offices in Los Angeles, California. Accordingly,
    we are writing to your office in Los Angeles and contemplate filing litigation in Los
    Angeles if necessary
    A comprehensive statement of the legal grounds upon which the Mackeys
    and others will base their claims against IAS is beyond the scope and purpose of
    this letter. In short, the IAS has a history of obtaining money by misleading,
    coercing and deceiving its targets. A payment is not "voluntary" in the eyes of the
    law if made in circumstances of misrepresentation, deceit, coercion or fraud. IAS
    and Scientology "policy", which is typically given as an excuse to deny claims, is
    largely irrelevant to this issue.
    Mr. Mackey addresses several instances of coercive and fraudulent tactics
    in his letter to you dated November 13, 2008. Your response suggests that Mr.
    Mackey was uninformed, which is curious as he was there and you were not.
    Under common law and California statute, one seeking "donations" for a
    supposed charitable or religious cause has a fiduciary duty owed to the person form whom the "donation" is sought. (See e.g. California B&P Code §17510.8)
    This fiduciary duty places a high duty of honesty, candor and good faith upon IAS
    in seeking its purported donations.
    The events listed in Mr. Mackey's
    correspondence
    indicate a pattern of deceit and manipulation which would
    clearly be a breach of fiduciary duties.
    In addition to deceit and coercion regarding the activities of lAS, and
    where the money actually goes, there is the fact that IAS "donations" are part of
    the purchase price for obtaining upper level services. Obtaining IAS payments
    by misrepresentation, coercion, deceit and as disguised payment for services,
    also brings consumer protection laws and unfair business practice laws into play.
    This will not be the first in a series of letters written for refunds. I suspect
    that litigation will be required. If the Scientology enterprise has a serious desire
    to avoid litigation over IAS activities, now is the time to address these claims.
    Sincerely,

BVS/kvs
    CC:
    Kendrick Moxon (by ernail only)
    Graham Berry (by ernail only)
    Kevin Mackey (by ernail only)
    Last edited by Feral; 18th November 2009 at 09:49 PM.
    Kevin Bloody Mackey

The Story of my Bridge to OT VII

"I'm not angry anymore, as more and more people rediscover their true selves through Scientology, together we WILL achieve a world without war, crime, and insanity." Rex Fowler, OTVII, before shooting his ex-partner three times in the head and then himself.

7. Likes phenomanon liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron

This is great news!

TP

Woohoo! Glad the ball is rolling! Moxon is probably shitting bricks by now. Best of luck, and please keep us updated!
    "You're an idiot." - Cyrus Brooks shares his opinion of me.

[08:32] <@Pyro> I love that woman.

Despite rumours to the contrary, I'm not dead.

All the things I'd want to say, have been said many times over in all of the various threads. So just kudos.

So much respect for what you guys have all achieved: first in going back for your friends, letting them know the true scene...(and being 'darned' effective at that); then in bringing some much needed governmental attention, (as Jason Beghe said: "it's not Darfur, but it is our own little slice of hell," something the videos of you all on Today Tonight really hit home); and now this.

Multi-bloody-pronged is the word, I believe.

Let's just hope that this will really set the ball rolling: I always used to stay up late to see how the Aus and NZ protests had gone, being the first of the day 'n' all that. Then as the clock ticked, it became "our turn," and then "their turn," and so on, until the day was done, and the effect had swept around the world...

History may just be about to repeat itself...

Thank you, and good luck!

Where the white stars fairly blaze at midnight in the cold and frosty sky

Thanks to all those that have pmed me already - and for words of support from all of you on this thread.

For those of you who are interested or who have friends who could be keep the pms coming - we have a mighty list accumulating !
    Kevin Bloody Mackey

The Story of my Bridge to OT VII

"I'm not angry anymore, as more and more people rediscover their true selves through Scientology, together we WILL achieve a world without war, crime, and insanity." Rex Fowler, OTVII, before shooting his ex-partner three times in the head and then himself.

12. Likes phenomanon liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast