Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Just exactly how OT was Ron the OT?

Default Re: Just exactly how OT was Ron the OT?

"Re: Just exactly how OT was Ron the OT?"

Well Ron was the most OT of all OTs. He is # 1 OT....and not OT at all.

He was just plain old garden variety ordinary bat shit crazy.

" Insist on yourself ; never imitate ".
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

" Nothing is as at last scared but the integrity of your own mind "
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

2. Likes Freeminds liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron LongTimeGone's Avatar

I just LOVE this story and it shows that even Our Ron believed his own rhetoric:

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Possibly this was my most embarrassing incident to do with LRH.

It occurred on the Original Class VIII course, in Oct 1968.

We were docked in Corfu, a small Greek Island halfway between Greece and Italy.

Each night at 8.00 p.m. LRH gave a lecture.

We were in the main dining room which doubled as the lecture room. Behind LRH were the picture windows facing out to the docks across the way.

Thus there were an approx 300 of the upper level SO Staff and Class VIII students crammed into this room - facing Hubbard and Mary-Sue who sat alongside LRH - so except for LRH and MSH we all viewed the activities outside the windows.

Each night at around 8.30 pm there was a ferry from Corfu to Brindisi that would leave. It was very punctual. There was a lot of clanging and banging and the revving of engines and the ferry would come chugging past us - the sounds are probably still on the tapes.

Of course this pissed LRH off - he would turn and glare at the offending ferry boat.

Any way one night at the exact time there was the usual clanging and banging and the revving of engines the chugging past us noise.

LRH does not turn his head but stares straight us and proceeds to give us how he is exterior with full perceptics - and describes the ferry, etc.
    He was really puffed up with his ability to demonstrate his exterior with full perceptics.

The only problem was that night a tug boat towing a garbage scow was going past the windows.

We all witnessed it - the emperor was naked!!!

There was deathly silence in the room - the room went very solid. No one looked at another.

Later on only Fred Fairchild, Nev Chamberlin and I dare speak about it.
    But every staff member and future Class VIII were given a major withhold that night.

Alan
    LTG
    Last edited by LongTimeGone; 29th September 2011 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Added source info
    Carter's law of Productivity. "The amount of work a person does is inversely proportional to the number of suggestions they offer."

My Essay from 1995: http://www.xenu.net/archive/disk/NOTs/djcarter.htm

Hubbard even fooled himself: http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthrea...691#post618691

4. Thanks Lermanet_com, guanoloco says "thank you" for this post
    Likes HelluvaHoax!, DagwoodGum, guanoloco liked this post
    Patron with Honors

The strange thing about hubbard's health according to ex members who knew him was that he had many health problems that the tech was unable to cure.It did'nt help he was a chain smoker with a medical phobia who did'nt see doctors if he could avoid it.The amazing thing is he lived as long as he did. If that reality was well known it would blow the lid off the ot levels as well as the superman myths that Hubbard used to promote himself

6. Likes Freeminds liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar

Oh look at how Oatee Ron was:

He is soooooo oatee that I have to get me a box of those "oatee ate's"

OATEE ATE'S! 100% EVIL! Loaded with NUTS!

Gold Meritorious Patron Idle Morgue's Avatar

Ron was THIS OATEE!!

9. Thanks guanoloco says "thank you" for this post

The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. At least give him credit for trying. You have to admit he gave it a hell of a shot! Perhaps we'll all look back someday and thank him with great sincerity for being the man who truly started to unravel the mystery.

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteveo52 View Post
    The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step. At least give him credit for trying. You have to admit he gave it a hell of a shot! Perhaps we'll all look back someday and thank him with great sincerity for being the man who truly started to unravel the mystery.

Oh, you were being sarcastic, right?

Yes, Hubbard was VERY "trying".
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

12. Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Patron anonomog's Avatar

Um...no.
    Never. Not for Hubbard, definitely not for Hubbard, or anyone else for that matter.

There is no great mystery, there is no unravelling.

It is simply life that needs to be lived with all the unknows, what if's, maybe's and dreams. Lived by your own reckoning.

The day we look to another, for answers about our own musings and daydreams, is the day we stop living our own life. And start living this weird half fantasy somebody else's life, and life path, that will never be our own. It will always feel less than natural and flowing.

Why not just have the self confidence to know that the spirit knows exactly where it is going and why it is here. Maybe just going with the flow of life as it enfolds is the best way to achieve all the spiritual aims of this lifetime.

Of course that is my path. No one else's.
    I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters. Solomon Short

14. Thanks Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron

What mystery was that? Are you referring to the mystery of why people are so gullible? Or is it the mystery of why people like you continue to believe some "amazing breakthrough" occurred despite the complete lack of any "miraculous" results?

Perhaps you can help with this mystery. Why do you think Ron made any progress towards unraveling "the mystery" when he never proved his theory that a "reactive mind" even existed nor demonstrated any of his promised benefits when he "removed it"?

Just curious.

16. Thanks Idle Morgue says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Idle Morgue liked this post
    Gold Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What mystery was that? Are you referring to the mystery of why people are so gullible? Or is it the mystery of why people like you continue to believe some "amazing breakthrough" occurred despite the complete lack of any "miraculous" results?

Perhaps you can help with this mystery. Why do you think Ron made any progress towards unraveling "the mystery" when he never proved his theory that a "reactive mind" even existed nor demonstrated any of his promised benefits when he "removed it"?

Just curious.

You are missing an important aspect of the tech.

Miracles can only be performed by OTs.

Naturally, then, it follows that Miracles can only be perceived by OTs.

These are self-evident truths.

Aren't you even slightly embarrassed that you cannot perceive these things?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

18. Likes Bill liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast