Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So good when it's bad......

Gold Meritorious Patron

Default A bad habbit ...

Quote Originally Posted by jase12321 View Post
    After many attempts at leaving Scientology behind, and moving on, I continually find myself enraptured, engaged and deep inside...

12 months ago I threw out all my scientology books etc.
    Here I am 12 months later, I've re-bought all the books and lectures. And more..... I've just paid my annual IAS fees, and contributed to a Global Dissem project. I've arranged to do drills with staff to "deflect" criticism.

I've just read "blown for good", and am busy reading "billion year contract", but that's on the side of LRH's intro to ethics, and a div 6 course....

Why can't I pull myself away?? I've read about other people's horror stories. But never experienced them myself.

I love Scientology and have heaps of fun studying. Yet I feel something "lurking beneath". I'm here on this forum aren't I??

Does anyone here feel the same?? I don't want to wake up years later, broke, disconnected and "blown for good". But I'm not ready to give it up ... I enjoy the books, the lectures.

Any advice for a young mind??
    It's just a bad habbit, and an expensive one at that. It reminds me of all of the trouble I have had quitting smoking. On the one hand, after not smoking for, say, half a year or so, that very first cigarette sure is great, particularly after a big meal. And for me, there is this mystique about the pack of unfiltered Camels ... I just like the picture, playing with the pack, the scent of the tobacco. Then again, I really enjoy coctailing with a Camel (packing the front end with marijuana). But, after a few packs, I am stuck with the habbit again, my clothes and fingers smell foul, I have shortness of breath, my breath stinks, etc. It's just a miserable, rotten, stinky habbit that needs breaking, and there is the fear of breaking the habbit, knowing that upon quitting I can expect a few days of misery. But, then I nerve myself up, pitch the pack that I am on, and just say phuggit, thats it. I can endure any misery associated with smoking, although it makes taking the nagging the wife dishes out particularly hard to deal with.

This time though, instead of telling myself that I will never smoke again ... and I haven't smoked now for almost two months ... I will allow myself a few packs next year between Thanksgiving and New Years PROVIDED I make certain objectives with the gym, weight loss, health habbits, etc... then I will allow a few packs next year, a smoking season of no more than 5 weeks.

Quitting Scientology is easier than quitting smoking ... no withdrawal symptoms! If you want to commit to quitting Scientology, why not start by smoking a few joints? If you still want to go back, perhaps you could allow yourself a few weeks during the Holiday season of auditing yourself on book and bottle torture.

Pete

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GoNuclear View Post
    This time though, instead of telling myself that I will never smoke again ... and I haven't smoked now for almost two months ... I will allow myself a few packs next year between Thanksgiving and New Years PROVIDED I make certain objectives with the gym, weight loss, health habbits, etc... then I will allow a few packs next year, a smoking season of no more than 5 weeks.
    For real? How many people do you know that can do that? I know one guy who has a couple of cigarettes a year, and that's it. It's not a problem for him. But I know of so many people who "gave it up" for a few days or weeks or months or years, then figured they were on top of it, and "one cigarette won't hurt", and a week later they're back to a pack (or two) a day.

I smoked for ten years. I stopped around 1982. I haven't dared take one puff since then. Every now and then the idea of a cigarette is attractive to me. I figure that giving it up is a continuous action that one does in the present — it is not something one does at a discrete point in time and then that's it, done deal.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Fool on the Hill Voltaire's Child's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After many attempts at leaving Scientology behind, and moving on, I continually find myself enraptured, engaged and deep inside...

Here I am 12 months later, I've re-bought all the books and lectures. And more..... I've just paid my annual IAS fees, and contributed to a Global Dissem project. I've arranged to do drills with staff to "deflect" criticism.

I've just read "blown for good", and am busy reading "billion year contract", but that's on the side of LRH's intro to ethics, and a div 6 course....

Why can't I pull myself away?? I've read about other people's horror stories. But never experienced them myself.

I love Scientology and have heaps of fun studying. Yet I feel something "lurking beneath". I'm here on this forum aren't I??

Does anyone here feel the same?? I don't want to wake up years later, broke, disconnected and "blown for good". But I'm not ready to give it up ... I enjoy the books, the lectures.

Leaving Scientology behind and leaving CofS behind are not necessarily the same things. There are people who do both and there are people who only do the latter. If you like Scn tech, there's the independent and Free Zone venues. And not all of them are tech purists, some of them are firmly in the pick and choose mindset which, IMO, is a good one. All of life is a matter of degree and there's no ology that's 100% true or false, I don't believe.
    I am truly into myself, yes. And I'm just as interested in other people. When I'm not thinking of one, I'm thinking of the other.

A key point is that the subject, philosophy of scientology, is different to
    COS.

" Reasonable" made some good points.

Question:-

"I've arranged to do drills with staff to "deflect" criticism. "

Whats that about? Never heard of it in 4 decades.

Jase has his job to do, we have ours.
    It's just a game to Jase (and not a fair one).
    Dave Gibbons - Sydney, Australia.
    Scientologist: 1974 - 2008
    Ex-scientologist: 2008 - 2014
    Human Being: 2014 -
    I don't believe everything I read on the Internet.
    I do believe everything I write.

Quote Originally Posted by Terril park View Post
    A key point is that the subject, philosophy of scientology, is different to
    COS.

" Reasonable" made some good points.

Question:-

"I've arranged to do drills with staff to "deflect" criticism. "

Whats that about? Never heard of it in 4 decades.

it would just be drilling scenarios based on the lecture "contact with the public" 1954.

It's learning how to deal with criticism of LRH and Scn. By attacking or misdirecting. And not letting it enturbulate you.

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

Just so you know, IAS money is specifically used to suppress people here, on whyweprotest.net, and also people posting on alt.religion.scientology. Global dissem money may be also.

People are being followed by private investigators, having their communications cut, being manipulated to stay or disconnect from family. That's happening to people right here, right now.

That's what the "war chest" is all about.

So -- thanks. NOT.

On the other hand, if you love the subject (and many here do), please do it in the Free Zone. If you think Scientology knows what its doing these days, please read friendsoflrh.org, especially the section on What Happened To Training.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nozeno View Post
    Do you want to buy some real estate in Florida?

Give me a call.
    Do you have real estate in Florida Noz? Or are you selling mine?
    VEDA IS GOD

Sometimes I'm the Evil Twin.

http://itwastruelove.blogspot.com

Gold Meritorious Patron EP - Ethics Particle's Avatar

Question Oatey Ability...

it would just be drilling scenarios based on the lecture "contact with the public" 1954.

It's learning how to deal with criticism of LRH and Scn. By attacking or misdirecting. And not letting it enturbulate you.
    To attack

or misdirect

Without knowing the actual facts?

And not letting THAT "enturbulate" you?

Man (or girl), you are SERIOUSLY F'd up!

EP
    "Chastise the scoundrels, unmask the charlatans, and tutor the unschooled mob."

Patron Maximus w/Honors Type4_PTS's Avatar

By doing these drills with staff you're doing them a huge disservice, and assisting them to set aside their personal integrity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast