Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So good when it's bad......

Patron Meritorious

As my husband would say: a sucker is born every day.

Opter

Gold Meritorious Patron thetanic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Opter View Post
    As my husband would say: a sucker is born every day.
    In this case, the sucker is happily agreeing to create other sucker-predators, and thus perpetuate the problem.

Patron Meritorious

This is Opter's husband, not Opter.

Since I remarked to Opter that a sucker is born every day, my bullshit detector has gone into overdrive, and there is no way I believe that jase12321 is for real.

Based on what s/he writes and claims, s/he is clearly a scientologist in good standing.

But if she was indeed a scientologist in good standing, there is no way s/he would participate on this board, except as an OSA agent and provocateur.

For a scientologist in good standing participation on this board would be a horrible overt, and unless confessed and cleaned up in a sec check, would become a horrible withhold, an untenable guilty conscience that would have all kinds of nasty consequences for the individual concerned, unless s/he was a suppressive/antisocial personality.

Furthermore, obtaining and reading BFG would be just as much a no-no and horrible overt, because its author pours shit all over scientology as a self-declared traitor to Int Management and RTC.

And then. And then! SIMULTANEOUSLY reading BFG and the LRH Intro to Ethics!

That, my friends, is evidence either of a complete ding-dong Miz Pattycake ass-about-face incomprehension of both BFG and LRH Ethics, not to say incomprehension and violation of KSW, or it is evidence of a cynical suppressive/antisocial personality in the service of scientology, which of course all OSA stooges by definition are.

Ergo, s/he is OSA.

But I do have to give it to him/her, that s/he does do an excellent Miz Pattycake impersonation.

:D

P.S. No disrespect meant to Miss Pattycake, who Opter just informed me is a member of this board!! The reference is to Miz Pattycake of LRH study tapes fame.

Last edited by Opter; 22nd December 2009 at 03:29 AM. Reason: Addition

No. I'm not quite OSA...

I'm just a young musician who loves the ideas and ideals which are written about by LRH. bettering oneself. I love the community of people trying to help others. And having a bunch of good people around when I'm not touring or in the studio.

I hate the stories I hear from people about nightmare experiences. I hate the fact that it is a lot of money. And that money might be all it's about. . I've spent thousands of $. But have never felt pressured into spending.

I'm not staff. Never have been.

But I'm not sure what my next few steps should be, as where there's smoke - there's usually fire...

And a lot of people have taken risks and spoken out about their personal experience, to warn others. .

I don't want to become one of those people 10, 20 or 30 years from now. Speaking about my nightmare. Trying to warn others.

But nor do I wanna miss out on what scientology can offer me. .

Quote Originally Posted by jase12321 View Post
    I'm just a young musician who loves the ideas and ideals which are written about by LRH. bettering oneself. I love the community of people trying to help others. And having a bunch of good people around when I'm not touring or in the studio.
    In the arts, there are a lot of people into drugs or other self-destructive things, but there are also those who are not, and they generally seem like smart and good people.

Quote Originally Posted by jase12321 View Post
    I hate the stories I hear from people about nightmare experiences. I hate the fact that it is a lot of money. And that money might be all it's about. . I've spent thousands of $. But have never felt pressured into spending.
    That will definitely change.

It is definitely about gathering money at large rates. It has been for at least the last thirty years.

There never used to be the IAS -- that's squirrel.
    There never used to be ideal org fundraising -- that's squirrel
    There never used to be special donations for anything other than Scientology materials, courses, and auditing (and occasional extras like chaplain's courts).

LRH's policy was "Solve it with Scientology."

[QUOTE=thetanic;349022]In the arts, there are a lot of people into drugs or other self-destructive things, but there are also those who are not, and they generally seem like smart and good people.

I know. The music industry is filled with people using and abusing substances. In the last 2 years I've used Scientology as an alternative, and when peers were at the local pubs getting hammered, I spent time on course. Trying to find some clarity. It has been of use to me. Even just listening to a lecture is stabalising. And more beneficial than other "distracting" practises which sone people engage in.

Jase, I can understand why it's appealed to you. I still like listening to LRH's lectures, but I no longer take them as gospel truth. He was an engaging speaker in the lectures I've heard.

You might want to read Electra's "The Cog Tax" link is here. She's got a series of articles that were posted to alt.religion.scientology in the early 1990s -- it's kind of a cesspool now, sadly.

Gold Meritorious Patron GreyWolf's Avatar

Jase,
    When I first left staff, I went directly to a well paying job. I was figuring on paying off my FLD and going up the bridge to total insanity. Then after finding out a few things, I left for good. The thing is, even a few years later, I was still thinking about checking in at the org once in a while, and still trying to attributr some of my failings with some of my own out-ethics. What I finally figured out was that no one wamts to think that they were wrong at having given up so much of thier lives to such an awfull thing.

Hope this helps

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Jase,
    When I first left staff, I went directly to a well paying job. I was figuring on paying off my FLD and going up the bridge to total insanity. Then after finding out a few things, I left for good. The thing is, even a few years later, I was still thinking about checking in at the org once in a while, and still trying to attributr some of my failings with some of my own out-ethics. What I finally figured out was that no one wamts to think that they were wrong at having given up so much of thier lives to such an awfull thing.

Hope this helps

Bob
    Thanks Bob. Sounds like you've got things sorted out..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast