Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: You're The One Breaking Up The Family!

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker View Post
    Cary Ghoulston is a fuckhead and if you think he can reform into anything that resembles a human or sentient being, you're fucked
    Well Freethinker, I'll give you my two cents as you have given yours. Not to change your mind or anything, more for anyone else reading and my own gratification.

Cary may have been evil or whatever, I don't know what he's done, that's his karma. He'll have to fix that himself. If no one gives him a chance to atone for his misdeeds, what incentive does he have to change?

Now it may be true he can't change, or feels he doesn't need to change. Fine. Not the point to me. See, I can't make him or anyone else change, I can only change myself, and perhaps lead by example.

Damn, I'm not saying this the way I want to, so here's a quote that says it better than I can!

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in. "

Hub (Robert Duvall) Secondhand Lions

Yeah like that...

Papabear
    Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth. - Buddha

Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear. - George Orwell

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - (Attributed to) George Orwell

"It took me a long time to learn that being miserable does not alleviate the world's misery." Hannah Tennant-Moore, The Sun Magazine Issue 404

Quote Originally Posted by Papabear View Post
    Well Freethinker, I'll give you my two cents as you have given yours. Not to change your mind or anything, more for anyone else reading and my own gratification.

Cary may have been evil or whatever, I don't know what he's done, that's his karma. He'll have to fix that himself. If no one gives him a chance to atone for his misdeeds, what incentive does he have to change?

Now it may be true he can't change, or feels he doesn't need to change. Fine. Not the point to me. See, I can't make him or anyone else change, I can only change myself, and perhaps lead by example.

Damn, I'm not saying this the way I want to, so here's a quote that says it better than I can!

"Sometimes the things that may or may not be true are the things a man needs to believe in the most. That people are basically good; that honor, courage, and virtue mean everything; that power and money, money and power mean nothing; that good always triumphs over evil; and I want you to remember this, that love... true love never dies. You remember that, boy. You remember that. Doesn't matter if it's true or not. You see, a man should believe in those things, because those are the things worth believing in. "

Hub (Robert Duvall) Secondhand Lions

Yeah like that...

Papabear
    I like that, too. Got that movie!
    The night I escaped Staff:
    http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost....2&postcount=33

I get really tired of hearing about how the lower bridge has value. The lower bridge has the sole purpose of getting the PC to reach for more bridge. The fact that many people improved their circumstances as a result of a good intentioned auditor being interested and caring about his PC is not worth the long term and intended result of Scientology technology. GT

3. Likes Papabear liked this post

Freethinker,

I never said I believe Cary is reformed. Please re-read the sentence again. I state, that was the last I heard.

BTW I do get how you can feel that way though.

No case on post please!

(just joking lighten up)
    What an adventure!

Silver Meritorious Patron Blue Spirit's Avatar
    Milky Way, Sector 9, Sun 12, Teegeeack (Hell)

Default Your On The Right Course

Quote Originally Posted by Papabear View Post
    It's much harder to lie and live a lie than it is to just be honest. You may not be able to articulate why you do or don't want to do something and that's ok. Follow your heart. You'll be glad you did later, when it makes more sense. (I hope I'm making sense!)
    Chris
    You make total sense to me !
    The actual route to be free and return all of your true spiritual operating abilities is a total positiveness and the ability to forgive all (you too) for everything done and accept each being as you find them. In granting full beingness to yourself and others you will have ability to stop resisting the negative, which in turn assures that your full beautiful powers and abilities will bear fruit.
    ____
    "There is one coward on Earth and that is the coward that dare not know." >W.E.B. DuBois

6. Thanks Papabear says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Papabear liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234