Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

Hybrid View

Default UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

I had posted the following observation on another thread, then realised that it deserves its own thread as it could get a major investigation underway, into the corporation of scientology in the UK.

The Church of Scientology has registered the name, “Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated”. This is a South Australian registered association (Registration Number A5172), which I believe has a registered office in the Church of Scientology of Adelaide at 18 Waymouth St, Adelaide, SA 5000.

Overseas corporate accounts were set up with the National Westminster Bank in the UK. The accounts were/are called Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated AOSHUK Finance Office No 1 Account, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated AOSHUK Finance Office Account No 2. As far as I can determine, the funds in those two accounts were dispersed to other overseas corporate accounts with the National Westminster Bank called the Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated Main Accounts, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated Reserve Accounts, Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated HCO Accounts of the various scientology organisations in the UK, however, most of the money was remitted to the US. None of the funds were remitted to Australia, whatsoever, and no tax was paid in Australia. It should also be noted that
    I suspect that the use of the name “Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated” was chosen because it would have led the UK bank, the National Westminster Bank to consider it a genuine corporation rather than a registered association, and so bound by corporate law rather than having few, if any, rules. So as a result the bank would assume that income tax would be paid in Australia, which of course, it wasn’t.

As I understand it, the system was set up in the early ‘70s, by Herbert G. Parkhouse who was the Deputy Guardian for Finance in the Guardian Office World Wide, and this was not only prior to the scientology corporation being granted tax exemption in Australia in 1983, but it was probably before the Whitlam Labor government recognized the Church of the New Faith, as the scientology corporation was then known in Australia, as a religious organization and could provide a marriage service in 1973.

It should also be noted that Church of Scientology Religious Education College Incorporated was never registered as a charity nor did it apply for such.

Not only is this tax evasion, but also it is money laundering.

If I may be so bold, I would like to suggest to those of you, who are who are UK citizens, to provide this information to HM Revenue and Customs, your local member of parliament, and to members of the House of Lords.

It is about time we had some action in the UK, don't you think?

Regards, David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

I've tried to speak to my MP about it but I think he was too busy switching his primary/secondary home - I got no response to my 3 letters other than "Thanks for your letter - I've put you on my mailing list now."

Hi Mate, but that doesnt include the IAS funds does it?

I understood that they were all kept in the UK, and how about Sea Org Reserves?

I doubt if it's all under one roof, should emagine that there's loads of banks.

What a tragedy it would be if the bank it's all in went tits up!

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I haven't checked into this particularly, but surely "Incorporated" would be a protected name? In other words, a group could not get away with having the word as part of its name unless it were a legal corporation.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    I haven't checked into this particularly, but surely "Incorporated" would be a protected name? In other words, a group could not get away with having the word as part of its name unless it were a legal corporation.

Paul
    Hi Paul.
    In Australia, a "Corporation" is called a "Company" and is usually a Limited Liability (Ltd) Company or a Propriety Limited Liability (Pty Ltd) Company.The following link describes what an incorporated association is, in South Australia:

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/Associations/

Regards, David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mate View Post
    Hi Paul.
    In Australia, a "Corporation" is called a "Company" and is usually a Limited Liability (Ltd) Company or a Propriety Limited Liability (Pty Ltd) Company.The following link describes what an incorporated association is, in South Australia:

http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/Associations/

Regards, David.
    Hi David,

Thanks very much.

Looking at that website, there is a link to a PDF on how to incorporate your new association and so forth: http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/assets/fil..._1985_web1.pdf. There are various ongoing statutory obligations listed there, which, knowing the CofS, are probably being flouted, one way or another.

An incorporated association also needs to file a copy of its constitution, rules which it has to follow. Can we get access to that, do you know? I bet they're not following it.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Admin Emeritus (retired) Mick Wenlock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by La La Lou Lou View Post
    Hi Mate, but that doesnt include the IAS funds does it?

I understood that they were all kept in the UK, and how about Sea Org Reserves?

I doubt if it's all under one roof, should emagine that there's loads of banks.

What a tragedy it would be if the bank it's all in went tits up!
    IAS Money has never been kept in the UK.

Gold Meritorious Patron GreyWolf's Avatar

I think, what needs to happen is that Interpol should get into this thing because it is a big international criminal organization.

Gold Meritorious Patron RolandRB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    I think, what needs to happen is that Interpol should get into this thing because it is a big international criminal organization.
    I think COSRECI only operates in the UK and does not file accounts in Australia, even though it is registered there.

Its company number in the UK is FC009154 (off the top of my head)

Added: So it is a UK problem only. No need for Interpol this time.

Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Default bump

:bump:

:D
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast