Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Yes, I am in accord with you here. Though you know, there may be grounds in some legal jurisdictions for civil suit to remove the officers for violation of the charter et al, and for Court Order to enforce the Org compliance with its Charter. Fact is, this document is a petard by which the baddies could be hoisted But . . . . . ??? then what? Do we really feel the org has a tech that does all of what it promises? Nope, not me. Though it would be good to have them restrained from criminal conduct.

It's a line of thought for pondering. Wouldst I would win the mega Lotto

Rog
    But wouldn't it be funny to have them forced by court order to follow their own Creed?

Paul
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 21st January 2010 at 01:54 PM. Reason: typo
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Note about halfway through the document is a point about not engaging in trade. Hah! Section 3H: "To ensure that the College does not engage in any activity which is susceptible of being construed as trade activity in Australia or in any other territory in which the College may from time to time have any form of direct or indirect presence."
    If that means what I think it does, Australian law is similar to UK law in this regard. Charities cannot 'trade for profit' without creating all kinds of tax problems, so they normally set up a seperate entity to sell the Tshirts and mugs. That company passes on its profit to the Charity.

The Catch 22 in this is that no one in the UK can shut down COSRECI as it is a South Australian Charity, and no one in South Australia is interested in investigating COSRECI and taking its Charity status away as it doesn't actually DO anything in Australia. That's not to say that COSRECI can't be sued in the UK, as indeed Bonnie Woods did in her libel case.
    Except... oh wait... don't we know a politician there... what was his name again?
    :D
    Volunteer Ministers in Action!
    http://www.newsfrombree.co.uk/stolgy_28.htm

Hi Rog.

Thank you for the COSRECI constitution. While I agree with Paul that it is all smoke and mirrors, Section Six on the last page caught my attention, and which is as follows:

ARTICLE SIX Dissolution.
    The Board of Trustees shall be authorized at any time to dissolve the College in whole or in part subject to the relevant statutory provisions. Any surplus assets will be transferred to a person which exists wholly and exclusively for the purpose of furthering the doctrines and Creed of the religion of Scientology as formulated by its Founder, L. Ron Hubbard.

ARTICLE SEVEN Interpretation
    Section I. General
    Unless the context otherwise requires, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and the masculine shall include the feminine gender.
    Section 2. Particular.
    The definitions of this section are to assist in the interpretation of this constitution and # # # # #.
    (a) “Special Rule” means a Rule passed by the Board of Trustees, and “By law” means # # # # # ratified by the Board of Trustees.
    (b)”The College” unless the context otherwise requires means the Church of Scientology Religious Education College.
    (c)”Religion” means the system, worship and human recognition of superhuman controlling power and the effect of this on the conduct of # # # # human beings.
    (you might be able to fill in the missing words, if the original is more legible)

Section Six with Miscavige's undated signed resignation technique could well be involved here and no doubt an undated assignment of the COSRECI assets also exists with the recipient being a corporation, which is probably a Panamanian corporation.

Regards, David.
    Last edited by mate; 22nd January 2010 at 02:11 AM. Reason: omitted data
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Sorry guys, there was some omitted data in my previous posting, which has now been corrected. It was part (b) and (c) of Article Seven.

Regards, David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Gold Meritorious Patron

Quote Originally Posted by mate View Post
    Sorry guys, there was some omitted data in my previous posting, which has now been corrected. It was part (b) and (c) of Article Seven.

Regards, David.
    If it helps David, here is my best guess in red

Section I. General
    Unless the context otherwise requires, the singular shall include the plural and vice versa and the masculine shall include the feminine gender.
    Section 2. Particular.
    The definitions of this section are to assist in the interpretation of this constitution and General Rules .
    (a) “Special Rule” means a Rule passed by the Board of Trustees, and “By law” means an article ratified by the Board of Trustees.
    (b)”The College” unless the context otherwise requires means the Church of Scientology Religious Education College.
    (c)”Religion” means the system, worship and human recognition of superhuman controlling power and the effect of this on the conduct of normal human beings.

Hi dchoiceisalwaysrs.

Thank you for providing your suggestions. There can be no doubt that your suggestion of "General Rules" is spot on, in that that phrase is used a couple of time in the body of the document. I do like your "normal" for (C), and suspect that it ia probably spot on. But I don't think "an Article" is correct for (A). A bylaw is commonly used to describe a local rule which is introduced but needs to be ratified by the "government" to continue. So I think it might be "a rule".

Thanks again.

Regards, David.

Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    If it helps David, here is my best guess in red

Section I. General
    Section 2. Particular.
    The definitions of this section are to assist in the interpretation of this constitution and General Rules .
    (a) “Special Rule” means a Rule passed by the Board of Trustees, and “By law” means an article ratified by the Board of Trustees.
    (c)”Religion” means the system, worship and human recognition of superhuman controlling power and the effect of this on the conduct of normal human beings.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Fantastic thread!

However, I just tried to open the downloaded pdf document - twice downloaded - and Adobe is telling me that "There was an error reading this document. The file is damaged and cannot be repaired " , lol

Anyone have an idea what the issue may be on this. I would really love to read this.

Thanks,

Mary McConnell
    ~ Mary McConnell, my nom de plume
    Internet Resources on Scientology for newcomers
    Narconon Reviews Get the facts about Narconon.
    Reaching For The Tipping Point A place to keep up on what is being done to expose Scn & it's front groups, like Narconon, CCHR etc to the general public. Lots of up-to-date info. Join us
    My Scribd Scn & Narconon Legal Dox
    Ex-Sea Org Helpline "...leaving the confines of Scientology is a process, not a single event."

Blog Entries

Default This is Luverly!!

AnonMary, I just tested the attachment and it opened fine for me . . . for me it opened in Adobe 8.1 (which is my default for such) Maybe, you don't have the latest version of Adobe??? . . . time to update if not . . . also, I read Adobe has been hit with some security weakness exposure that they must fix, so it does make imperative good sense to keep these things up to date . . . . the article on the security issue cited that Adobe is in approximately 95+% of PCs in the world . . . and that is the reason it makes a perfect target for the baddies who like to enter your computer with nasty things

OK, I have read the Charter and these things pop out t me, along with Mate's view of where the "College" has some constraints and naughties going on:

Section 11. ABSENCE OF PECUNIARY GAIN

The College is to carry on its operations without any pecuniary gain to any member and it shall be prohibited from distributing any surplus or any other form of dividend to any members.

(Elsewhere in the Charter, however it makes provision that: "The Board can disperse funds at its sole discretion.")

Under Article Three: (Governing the Board’s and Officers’ Powers and Duties)

Section 3 (i)
    To ensure that no substantial part of the activity of the College shall be designed to influence the legislation of any territory in which it has a direct or indirect presence or influence a political campaign in such territory or to promote propaganda in any such territory.
    The College was registered in Adelaide, S. Aust. on the 19th October, 1976

Presented 18 March and registered 25 March, 1977 in UK

Err, umm, not allowed to engage in, what's that wording again? " . . . no substantial part of the activity of the College shall be designed to influence the legislation of any territory in which it has a direct or indirect presence or influence a political campaign in such territory or to promote propaganda in any such territory."

Hmmmm, now where have we seen that violated by them and on how many occasions?!

As to the illegibility of the PDF from the UK, it is a copy made of the original dox in Adelaide and taken to the UK . . . . it is not uncommon for such to be bad copies. It was a perennial problem when I was doing Companies House searches in my old game in London. The original dox in Adelaide will be perfectly legible if we needed to get such.

It is interesting to note that, at the time of the setting up of the "College" it embraced as members effectively what was all of the Scn orgs in all territories outside of the USA, but excluded the USA :D Curious.

On the point that the SA entity can't be hit for violations in the UK . . . er um, yes it can . . . but only its operations etc in the territory where it is found guilty of misconduct would be penalized. As a legal issue, it is the SA entity that is registered to act and acting in the UK, and there is the additional twist that it is also a member of of the SA "College" that is operating in the territory (in this case under discussion, the UK) A judgment against it in the UK may not have any force in SA, but it certainly will have in the UK.

Rog

Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

Don't show me the money . . . give me the TRUTH!

Hi Guys.
    The following six people, each would be able to provide many of the answers to the questions we have, concerning COSRECI. Let’s see if we can track one of them down.
    Of course, some of them may have passed on. Let’s see what we can do.

COSRECI Registration in the UK in March 1977

Judith Anne Tampion Presenter

William Wilson (Australian) Director
    3 Weaver Ayenue
    Richmond,
    South Australia
    (Applied Scholastics)

Margaret Daphne Naulty (Giles) (Australian) Director
    13 Eyre Street,
    Sea View Downs,
    South Australia
    (Narconon)

Ronald Oswald Parfitt (British) Secretary
    Jolleys Boat House,
    Jolleys Lane,
    City Bridge,
    Adelaide,
    South Australia

I suspect Wilson, Naulty, and Parfitt would be in their late fifties or older.

From US Court records in 1987

John Fox (US Resident/Citizen) COSRECI Spokesman

Sheila Chaleff (US Resident/Citizen) COSRECI Managing Director

Regards, David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Judy Tampion was back on staff at AOSH ANZO as of a few years ago. Maybe she could be asked during the next protest?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast