Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: UK's Scientology's Tax Evasion and Money Laundering

Squirrel Extraordinaire Dulloldfart's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ARTICLE THREE - Administration

Section 1. Board of Trustees

(a) The property, activities and affairs of the College shall be managed by a Board of Trustees consisting of not more than five members.

(b) A Trustee will hold office until death, resignation oruntil [sic] a cessation of his membership of the College or upon a resolution of the Board of Trustees, ratified by the President removing the Trustee from Office.

Section 2. Vacancy

In the event of the resignation incapacity or death of any member of the Board of Trustees a new member of the Board shall be appointed and in the circumstances aforesaid the power of appointing a new member of the Board of Trustees is delegated to the Board of Trustees.

Section 3. Powers of the Board of Trustees

The Board of Trustees, a quorum of ??? [not less than a?] majority of Trustees then holding office may in addition to any other powers vested in them at law, in xxxity [not "unity" as it's 6 characters] or by this Constitution and General Rules exercise all of the following powers:

(a) To alter the xxxxxxxxx [situation?] of the principal office.

(b) To provide for the calling of and determine the order of business of ??? ??? [its own?] meetings.

(c) To call meetings of any bodies created under the Constitution and General rules and determine the order of business of such meetings.

(d) To alter and amend the Constitution and General Rules with the approval of the President or his delegate provided any relevant alteration or amendment is consonant with the Creed of the religion of Scientology as formulated by the founder of the religion L. Ron Hubbard.

(e) To xxxx [make?], alter and amend Special Rules not inconsistent with the Constitution and General Rules for:

(i) The more precise exposition of the intention of the Constitution and General Rules.

(ii) The provision of standing orders for its own meetings and other bodies created by the Constitution and General Rules or Special Rules made thereunder.

(iii) The calling of meetings under the Constitution and General Rules and the giving of notices and waiver of notices for such meetings.

(iv) The establishing of any body within the objects of the College set out in the Constitution and General Rules not otherwise provided for.

(v) The charter and administration of chapels, subordinate Colleges and other bodies.

(vi) The execution of any authority vested in the Board of Trustees by law or the Constitution and General Rules.

(f) To budget and collect contributions from members of the College for the purpose of covering the disbursements and in this context the Board of Trustees shall have full discretion in the administration and particular application of the funds of this College.

(g) To transfer to a fund any surplus of receipts and sums receivable over expenses and sums expendable or other surpluses and to apply such fund at its discretion in reducing future subscriptions and contributions of members towards expenses and sums expendable in subsequent periods provided that expenses which have been incorporated in budgets of the Association shall be taken into account in fixing contributions from members as well as contingent liabilities and future and deferred capital expenditure.

(h) To ensure that the College does not engage in any activity which is susceptible of being construed as trade activity in Australia or in any other territory in which the College may from time to time have any form of direct or indirect presence.

(i) To ensure that no substantial part of the activity of the College shall be designed to influence the legislation of any territory in which it has a direct or indirect presence or to influence a political campaign in such territory or to promote propaganda in any such territory.
    Last edited by Dulloldfart; 26th January 2010 at 10:25 PM.
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Blog Entries

Default Key Clauses

Sorry I've been out of contact fellas. I've been wrestling with techies and nerdie stuff trying to get a website up and having a computer crash in the middle of it

What Paul has deciphered above contains these two key clauses that, in my view they are in violation of, as I have already pointed out:

(h) To ensure that the College does not engage in any activity which is susceptible of being construed as trade activity in Australia or in any other territory in which the College may from time to time have any form of direct or indirect presence.

(i) To ensure that no substantial part of the activity of the College shall be designed to influence the legislation of any territory in which it has a direct or indirect presence or to influence a political campaign in such territory or to promote propaganda in any such territory.
    This clause, additionally, is one where I would suspect there is hanky-panky going on:

(g) To transfer to a fund any surplus of receipts and sums receivable over expenses and sums expendable or other surpluses and to apply such fund at its discretion in reducing future subscriptions and contributions of members towards expenses and sums expendable in subsequent periods provided that expenses which have been incorporated in budgets of the Association shall be taken into account in fixing contributions from members as well as contingent liabilities and future and deferred capital expenditure.
    Rog
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

"Twenty years of work has been put into this performance." Cadel Evans on winning the Tour de France.
    I'm with you on that, mate. Mine's taken me fifty-plus.

Blog Entries

I assume they are in huge violation of any clause containing the word "Creed." We all know they don't even bother to pay lip service to it. Trying to prove a violation of "doctrines" is impossible, as they are so voluminous, and contradictory. But the Scn creed is very short and specific and the Net drips with examples of its serial violation by the CofS in general.

Paul
    Stress-release sessions free of charge available 24/7 from PaulsRobot3, exactly personalized. E.g., address "My abusive Uncle David." Download to your own computer or use online. No cost to you at all. One zip file contains the whole lot: 7612 files, 327 MB, 29 session modules, HTML web pages and mp3s only, no javascript, no executable programs. Mostly non-Scn. Download the latest zip file here: http://paulsrobot.com/zips/PaulsRobo...2014-03-09.zip.

Gold Meritorious Patron sallydannce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
    Sorry I've been out of contact fellas. I've been wrestling with techies and nerdie stuff trying to get a website up and having a computer crash in the middle of it

What Paul has deciphered above contains these two key clauses that, in my view they are in violation of, as I have already pointed out:

This clause, additionally, is one where I would suspect there is hanky-panky going on:

Rog
    hmmmm....

"To ensure that the College does not engage in any activity which is susceptible of being construed as trade activity in Australia or in any other territory.."

Oops!

Hanky-panky going on? No way! That would just be unethical I tell ya! Out-ethics!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sallydannce View Post
    hmmmm....

"To ensure that the College does not engage in any activity which is susceptible of being construed as trade activity in Australia or in any other territory.."

Oops!

Hanky-panky going on? No way! That would just be unethical I tell ya! Out-ethics!!!!
    You have it, my Dear!

This is may well be the main killer for them since you uncovered the owning of and probable trading in commercial drug trademarks and drug company business names!

That's a big, very big, oops!

R
    Life is supposed to be enjoyed, Mate!

"Twenty years of work has been put into this performance." Cadel Evans on winning the Tour de France.
    I'm with you on that, mate. Mine's taken me fifty-plus.

Here are Sections 9 to 14 of ARTICLE THREE

Section 9. Agenda at General Meeting.
    The following matters will be considered at the General Meeting in conjunction with any other relevant matter:
    (i) The consideration of the annual report and the annual account as well as the auditor’s report.
    (ii) The nomination and recall of the Members of the Board of Trustees.
    (iii) The nomination and recall of the auditor or auditors of the Association.

Resolutions shall be taken when a quorum is present which for the purpose of the Article shall consist of a majority of the Church Members for the time being or their representatives and resolutions shall be carried by a simple majority of Church Members and in the event of an inequality of votes, the President shall have the casting vote.

Section 10. Election of Board of Trustees.
    The general Meeting elects the Board of Trustees and the President. The Board shall consist of not more than five members of which one shall be President. The Board shall formulate the over-riding policy of the Association which shall accord at all times with the Creed and doctrines of the religion of Scientology as founded by L. Ron Hubbard the Founder of the Religion.

The Board takes the resolutions when a quorum is present which for the purpose of this Article consists of a majority of the ministers then holding office.

Section 11. Functions of the Board of Trustees
    The Board of Trustees presents the annual report and the annual account to the General Meeting. It enacts the rules for the implementation of the Association’s religious and educational functions and for these purposes the Board is entitled to make and promulgate regulations which shall then form an integral part of this constitution.

Section 12. Auditor
    The General Meeting nominates every year one auditor.

Section 13. Religious Year.
    The religious year will be the calendar year. The annual report and the annual account will be presented on or about the 30th June and the General Meeting will take place on or about the 1st August of each year.

Section 14. Modifications.
    The regulations of the Association can be amended upon resolution of the General Meeting. If the Members propose any amendment of the regula5tions they will present it to the Board of Trustees at least 2 months before the General Meeting taking place. No amendment shall be entertained unless it is consonant with the Creed and doctrines of the religion of Scientology as founded by L. Ron Hubbard.

Of course, E&OE

David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Class IX Solo NOTs C/S,
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Ok guys,
    Here are Sections 4 to 14

Regards, David.

Section 4. President.
    (a)The President shall be selected by the General Meeting from amongst the Board of Trustees and shall hold Office until his death or resignation.
    (b) The President shall select a Vice President from amongst the Board of Trustees within six calendar months of his taking office and in the absence of his making such a selection the Board of Trustees will select the Vice President who will hold office as if had been selected by the President.
    (c) The President shall be the Chief Executive Officer and the Spiritual Head of the College. The President will administer the College when the Board of Trustees is not sitting.
    (d) The President or his delegate shall be the Chairman of all meetings he attends within the College unless he delegates his authority to the Vice President or a member of the Board of Trustees.

Section 5. Vice President and Resident Trustee.
    (a) The Vice President shall hold office until death, resignation or supersession.
    (b) The Vice President shall be the Chairman of every meeting within the College in the absence of the President.
    (c) When acting as Resident Trustee as the President’s delegate he will have all the powers of the President save those attributable to the Spiritual Head of the College.
    (d) The Vice President shall be responsible to the president and the Board of Trustees for the administration of the College.

Section 6. Secretary.
    (a) The Secretary shall be selected by the Board of trustees with the consent of the President or his delegate from amongst the Board of Trustees.
    (b) The Secretary shall hold office until his death, resignation, excommunication, supersession or until he fails to qualify as a Public Officer by reason of any statutory enactments.
    (c) The Secretary shall be responsible to the President or his delegate and shall prepare, sign and cause to be mailed all written notices of meetings, prepare and maintain the minutes of all meetings of the Board of Trustees and the meetings of other College bodies and promptly provide the President or his delegate with copies of all resolutions of the Board of Trustees or other College bodies.

Section 7. Treasurer.
    (a) The Treasurer shall be selected by the Board of trustees.
    (b) The Treasurer shall hold office until his death, resignation excommunication or supersession.
    (c) The Treasurer shall annually review the financial condition of the College and shall report his findings and recommendations to the President or his delegate whenever either of them request such.
    (d) The Treasurer shall receive each week copies of invoices, deposit slips and other documents xxxxxxing the deposit of monies or financial transactions in which the College is involved and make such periodic reports to the Board of trustees as it may request.

Section 8. General Meeting.
    The ordinary general meeting will take place every year at a place to be determined by the Board of Trustees. The members or their representatives will be convened to the meeting by a notice displayed at the registered office of the College thirty days before the meeting is due to take place. Additionally Church Members will be notified of the meeting by registered letter thirty days before the date on which the meeting is due to take place.

Section 9. Agenda at General Meeting.
    The following matters will be considered at the General Meeting in conjunction with any other relevant matter:
    (i) The consideration of the annual report and the annual account as well as the auditor’s report.
    (ii) The nomination and recall of the Members of the Board of Trustees.
    (iii) The nomination and recall of the auditor or auditors of the Association.

Resolutions shall be taken when a quorum is present which for the purpose of the Article shall consist of a majority of the Church Members for the time being or their representatives and resolutions shall be carried by a simple majority of Church Members and in the event of an inequality of votes, the President shall have the casting vote.

Section 10. Election of Board of Trustees.
    The general Meeting elects the Board of Trustees and the President. The Board shall consist of not more than five members of which one shall be President. The Board shall formulate the over-riding policy of the Association which shall accord at all times with the Creed and doctrines of the religion of Scientology as founded by L. Ron Hubbard the Founder of the Religion.

The Board takes the resolutions when a quorum is present which for the purpose of this Article consists of a majority of the ministers then holding office.

Section 11. Functions of the Board of Trustees
    The Board of Trustees presents the annual report and the annual account to the General Meeting. It enacts the rules for the implementation of the Association’s religious and educational functions and for these purposes the Board is entitled to make and promulgate regulations which shall then form an integral part of this constitution.

Section 12. Auditor
    The General Meeting nominates every year one auditor.

Section 13. Religious Year.
    The religious year will be the calendar year. The annual report and the annual account will be presented on or about the 30th June and the General Meeting will take place on or about the 1st August of each year.

Section 14. Modifications.
    The regulations of the Association can be amended upon resolution of the General Meeting. If the Members propose any amendment of the regula5tions they will present it to the Board of Trustees at least 2 months before the General Meeting taking place. No amendment shall be entertained unless it is consonant with the Creed and doctrines of the religion of Scientology as founded by L. Ron Hubbard.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Blog Entries

Thanks David. Is that the whole lot now, all the articles?

Paul

In ARTICLE THREE Section 3, the missing word is "comity".

Regards, David.
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Yes, we now have the whole document transcribed. Maybe Rog might like to compare this with the original and perhaps he might be able to work out what the missing words are.

David.

Quote Originally Posted by Dulloldfart View Post
    Thanks David. Is that the whole lot now, all the articles?

Paul
    David_Graham
    Ex-Scientology-Kids
    Ex-Sea Org
    Ex-Universe Corps
    Ex-QEI & D/QEI
    Ex-FSO
    Ex-SO
    Ex-Scientologist
    Declared SP.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast