Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got called again!

Default Got called again!

Minutes ago, I got a call from 'Scientology mail department' or some such.

I told the girl (truly) that I had just jumped out of a plane as a paratrooper in World War II Online, was about to land and start shooting at Germans, and I can't put the game on hold, because it's all live players, so can they call me back in 5 minutes?

They said they would, but It's been 5, and no call. I'll let you know if they call back.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

"In my Fathers house are many mansions"
    Jesus

"There's no place like home!"
    Dorothy

Gold Meritorious Patron

Maybe the caller was stuck in an incident of being a Nazi in WWII, and has now gone into hiding. Maybe you should call the caller back and say the game is over and it is ok to leave the org now.:D

Quote Originally Posted by dchoiceisalwaysrs View Post
    Maybe the caller was stuck in an incident of being a Nazi in WWII, and has now gone into hiding. Maybe you should call the caller back and say the game is over and it is ok to leave the org now.:D
    Great idea!

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

Silver Meritorious Patron skollie's Avatar

That's brilliant! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post
    Minutes ago, I got a call from 'Scientology mail department' or some such.

I told the girl (truly) that I had just jumped out of a plane as a paratrooper in World War II Online, was about to land and start shooting at Germans, and I can't put the game on hold, because it's all live players, so can they call me back in 5 minutes?

They said they would, but It's been 5, and no call. I'll let you know if they call back.

Quote Originally Posted by skollie View Post
    That's brilliant! :D
    I 'truly' told her that, but I also was not making it up!

If they ever call back, I'm going to tell them it would have been violating a trust if I just exited the game, as the other members of the mission were all counting on me.

Our mission was successful, btw; I planted my satchel charge on the enemies forward base and helped blow it up....right before the '88's in the area (also other players, the nazi bastards!) blew us all into itty bitty pieces

I got one of them with my machine gun right before that, though! MWAHAHAHA!

Last edited by Rmack; 20th October 2009 at 05:35 AM.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

Gold Meritorious Patron

I liked you being mean more.:D

They called again tonight!

Almost 24 hours later, I get this girl who sounds like she was in valley girl mode. I swear, I thought she was going to let out a 'total-leee' at any time.

I chatted amiably with her for awhile, explaining why I had to go so abruptly last night, but it was a different girl. Turns out they were from flag. Tonight was from the 206 area code, but last night was 212. I'll look it up later.

I mentioned I had been at flag in the 80's, and sailed on the 'Diana' with Harry Mason, a rich Oz Scio when he brought to flag to do his NED for OT's. She seemed very much off-guard.

She started confirming my address, which they already had, and asked for an email, so I gave her my yahoo address. She asked if I'd done the purif, and I told her I was on the pilot project, and it went ok, thought it was the best thing I did in Sci.

When she asked when's the last time I'd been in for service, I had to suppress a laugh as I didn't want to blow her off until I had gotten in some shots, but when I told her I left in the early eighties, she said 'Ohmygawd!' just like a valley girl, and I couldn't hold it any more.

Regardless, I kept the ARC up, as did she, and then I opened fire!

I said there where some major outpoints in Sci, one of them is the OT 3 stuff, Hub said you could die, thousands have read them, including me, no one has, so that means he's either mistaken or lying.

I think she let out another 'ohmagawd!' or something, but I kept going.

Let's see...I mentioned the whole upper levels are now auditing out body thetans, which everyone doesn't have, you use the e-meter as an electronic Ouija board, thousands have left compared to each one still in, wouldn't be that way if it really worked,

She said she knew lot's of OT sevens (she said 'seven' in such a cute way!) and it did work for them, which I countered you don't get the abilities that are promised, you just don't

She surprised me by not freaking out, but tried some lame response like 'well, I haven't read the upper levels as it would be to hard for me to understand right now' or some crap, which I'm afraid I laughed to scorn (in as nice a way as possible! ).

'It's not kept a secret because it will hurt you, that's just nonsense'-say's I-'nor is it because you couldn't understand it. Hubbard told you guys why it's kept secret, but everyone just passes it off; he said "mystery is the glue that sticks theatans to things". Raw meat would never pay the kind of money it costs if they knew up front what was going on. The lower levels aren't to protect you from harm when you hear the data, it's to indoctrinate you so you'll swallow it.

During this I thought I heard some clicks in the background and fully expected some angry senior to come on and 'handle' me, but it didn't happen.

I mentioned somewhere in there that It wasn't OK for them to come around to my house like Mormons or J.W.'s, but just to send me stuff in the mail, and she laughed at that, assuring me that wouldn't happen. Like she would know, huh?

She suddenly asked if she could pass me of to some guy who would finish taking my info, and I said you have enough to send the disk, right, and I have to go, as I just remembered I have something on the stove (totally true, btw).

I was very surprised that I got in as much as I did. I wonder why I haven't got the friggin' disk, but they keep calling me? Probably just bad organization, I hope.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

True Ex-Scientologist programmer_guy's Avatar

206 is Washington (state)
    212 is New York.

Anyway, how did they find your phone number after all these years?
    The emphasis on finding and describing "knowledge structures" that are somewhere "inside" the individual encourages us to overlook the fact that human cognition is always situated in a complex sociocultural world and cannot be unaffected by it. - Edwin Hutchins
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edwin_Hutchins

Quote Originally Posted by programmer_guy View Post
    206 is Washington (state)
    212 is New York.

Anyway, how did they find your phone number after all these years?
    Ok, I might have been wrong, I was just relying on my land line phone's memory. They might not have registered.

The chick said she was at flag. The other one from last night I don't think I established.

As to how they found my number; it's not changed since they called me decades ago. I was no doubt on some list somewhere.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

Patron with Honors

I think next time they call, I'll have some fun with them.

I'll tell them that I'm going to a "different church" now. When they inquire which one, I'll tell them it's a huge NEW church in Los Angeles, .....10,000+ members ......and it's selling Scamology at very reasonable rates, no waiting, no harsh ethics, excellent Class XII auditors....and they even provide free child care.

After all, capitalism is all about the free market and competition!

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast