Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The 1st Red Flag

On a small mountain surrounded by many acres of forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Irayam View Post
    My first red flag was watching a supposed OTVII looking for some papers that she had lost somewhere.
    No perfect memory ? No amazing searching OT abilities ?
    I had then a lot of other similar red flag (OT with a broken leg, OT with glasses, OT with a cold, etc...)
    And what about the supposed brilliant Ron's achievements like his boring photograph "skill" and pathetic "music" ?

Irayam
    Oh Lord, yes, that horrible music!!!!!!

I remember attending some event in the 1970s, and of course, the Ron's Journal tape was played. It had Hubby Dub playing a wurlitzer organ, to a very cheap "beat box". It was a pitiful version of the 2001 theme.

I almost laughed and cried at the same time.

Ron the adventurer, Ron the musician, Ron the artist, Ron the photographer, ad nauseum. These publications, being such an obvious extreme exaggeration of reality, were large Red Flags for me, because he wasn't those things, and without all of the organizationally created and heavily pushed PR about LRH, NOBODY would ever "naturally" think that about him. It was ALL CONTRIVED. It was all so PHONY. It was the manipulative use of ARC to alter feelings, beliefs and attitudes, in this case about Hubby Dub.

There are a few the LRH PRO departments forgot to publish:

Ron the self-obsessed ego-maniac
    Ron the manipulator
    Ron the Arrogant
    Ron the Delusional
    Ron the Paranoid

(the last three sort of like "Alexander the Great" wording)

I am sure that I missed some. Anyone want to chime in and help?
    Last edited by Gadfly; 30th December 2009 at 03:00 PM.
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    Oh Lord, yes, that horrible music!!!!!!

I remember attending some event in the 1970s, and of course, the Ron's Journal tape was played. It Hubby Dub playing a wurlitzer organ, to a very cheap "beat box". It was a pitiful version of 2001 theme.

I almost laughed and cried at the same time.

Ron the adventurer, Ron the musician, Ron the artist, Ron the photographer, ad nauseum. These publications, being such an obvious extreme exaggeration of reality, were large Red Flags for me, because he wasn't those things, and without all of the organizationally created and heavily pushed PR about LRH, NOBODY would ever "naturally" think that about him. It was ALL CONTRIVED. It was all so PHONY. It was the manipulative use of ARC to alter feelings, beliefs and attitudes, in this case about Hubby Dub.

There are a few the LRH PRO departments forgot to publish:

Ron the self-obsessed ego-maniac
    Ron the manipulator
    Ron the Arrogant
    Ron the Delusional
    Ron the Paranoid

(the last three sort of like "Alexander the Great" wording)

I am sure that I missed some. Anyone want to chime in and help?

Ron the Narcissist!

He was searching for the identity that would get him the most admiration of the kind he craved. Never found it did he.

Blog Entries

For me, it had to be clapping at a big picture of Laffy.

I knew something was rotten in Denmark then, but I stuck around because I thought they had real scientific tech on how to go out of body.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

"In my Fathers house are many mansions"
    Jesus

"There's no place like home!"
    Dorothy

4. Likes Cinnamon_Girl liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Rmack View Post

I knew something was rotten in Denmark then, but I stuck around because I thought they had real scientific tech on how to go out of body.
    Giggle, giggle, giggle. Yep, that sure had me looking around a bit, slightly introverted, wondering if anyone normal could see me standing there clapping away at a big picture on a stage.

Actually, I was never really introverted about it, and usually I would be sort of outside myself, watching the whole thing, like in some cartoon. It always seemed a bit "surreal", whether at an event, in a courseroom, at a staff meeeting, or at a briefing. "Ah, this is sure a bit weird". And, of course, the effect of hundreds or thousands doing the same clapping in unision to the big picture on the stage could be uniquely strange, especially when adding the finale ending of the traditional triple "Hip, Hip, Hooray!".

And, of course, there were more than a few times when I was actually clapping in complete earnest with nothing but admiration and respect for the "Old Man". It is what it is, and it was what it was (for each of us)
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

"They must know how to kindle and fan an extravagant hope". - Eric Hoffer about the "true believer". "Total Freedom", "your eternity", and "OT" involve a few of the extravagant hopes in Scientology.

Go HERE to view and/or download the essay, "The Three Basic Scientology Beliefs".

Blog Entries

Giggle, giggle, giggle. Yep, that sure had me looking around a bit, slightly introverted, wondering if anyone normal could see me standing there clapping away at a big picture on a stage.

Actually, I was never really introverted about it, and usually I would be sort of outside myself, watching the whole thing, like in some cartoon. It always seemed a bit "surreal", whether at an event, in a courseroom, at a staff meeeting, or at a briefing. "Ah, this is sure a bit weird". And, of course, the effect of hundreds or thousands doing the same clapping in unision to the big picture on the stage could be uniquely strange, especially when adding the finale ending of the traditional triple "Hip, Hip, Hooray!".

And, of course, there were more than a few times when I was actually clapping in complete earnest with nothing but admiration and respect for the "Old Man". It is what it is, and it was what it was (for each of us)
    I also remember reading one of the 'axioms', I think, that said something like 'The most desired particle in the universe is admiration. It's absence alone permits persistence.' I thought, hmmm, the ol' man considers admiration very valuable, and that it does something magical. We are 'flowing admiration' to his picture.

Admiration is a mild word for 'worship'.

We are worshiping this guy above all other beings in the universe.

This is a blatant violation of the first Commandment in the Bible.

Also, I once went to a swap meet with this female member to try to sell DMSMH's. This was set up by Joe Yazbek at Bent's mission in the seventies.

We didn't even sell one, but I was invited to her house afterwards. (none of your business!). While I was there, she showed me her mothers' shrine room. It was done up with flowers, incense, mandalas and what not with a picture of this eastern guru on the wall in the place of honor. (Don't remember who, could have been Sai Baba, who is a stage magician type fake). She told me her mother just has to worship this guy for a few minutes a day and good stuff happens to her.

The similarities between the two cults didn't escape me, but I sat on it for the time being. More research was needed.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep man in everlasting ignorance. That principle is condemnation without investigation."
    Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

We are worshiping this guy above all other beings in the universe.

This is a blatant violation of the first Commandment in the Bible.
    Is that, like worse than an "KSW Violation"? Dude?

Silver Meritorious Sponsor HelluvaHoax!'s Avatar

1st red flag?

When I saw someone wearing a minister's collar, black garb & cross.

Everything in my life up to that pointed in another direction AWAY from organized religion...for the obvious reason that they were contrived by man. I always thought if you wanted something made up by a man you could do that yourself.

Now, here was Scientology suddenly (out of nowhere) pretending to be a religion!

They could have assessed all of the correction lists in the world on me but only the following question would have read.

WTF?

Scientology literally saved my life! Without Ron's books I would have frozen to death!!! (see avatar)

Scientology in one word? HelluvaHoax!

I never felt as free as when I freed myself from "Total Freedom".

For offended Scientologists reading this blasphemy about L. Ron Hubbard---my apologies for talking about real life without lying to you, like Scientology, with goo-goo theta-talk. I know you don't have a floating needle right now. You're not supposed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted View Post
    Ron the Narcissist!

No... This one is the only true assertion about LRH!
    Stable exterior to scientology with full perceptions on its real nature.

Blog Entries

Is that, like worse than an "KSW Violation"? Dude?
    Way worse!

My point was; Laffy thought he was getting something out of it magically.

For an organization that was rabid about 'if it isn't written, it isn't true' one of the most ingrained practices that seems to be required at every meeting of any size was clapping at those damn pictures. Because of his stated opinion of 'admiration being the most valued particle' I suspected he set it up himself somehow for the purpose of sucking it up.

Herbert Spencer

Jesus

Dorothy

Silver Meritorious Patron skollie's Avatar

That was the first red flag for me too.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast