Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Sympathy for Rex Fowler OTVII

It seems most here don't really believe in "OT powers" but some may say they did get something out of it. Most people out who have anything positive to say whatsoever will probably say whatever benefits they had are way overstated.

But another important point about this case is that Fowler had already finished the level in the late 80's and probably was ok with it at that point, whatever that means but I doubt he was homicidal. But then the CofS realized it could have a major cash cow on it's hands if it made a mandatory retread of the level and changed the duration of it from 2-4 years to well over a decade for many with mandatory 6 month checks costing 10's of thousands each.

Having to pay major bucks for something that is not only not beneficial and an extreme pain in the ass, as well as all of the additional donations being asked for continuously which bankrupted him, and the constant false warnings of imaginary enemies are probably what drove him over the edge.

I know the feeling well and was not too far from that when I left and is one of the reasons I've followed this thing pretty closely. I mean it is a revolting sensation. They manage to get you believe that there is such a dire situation, that the only option you have is to destroy yourself. It is fucking BLEAK!

But to answer you're question in regards to scios still in the CofS, I think this story could be dynamite to get people to start thinking again.
    All Scientologists are Ex-Scientologists. They just don't know it yet.

Default this

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Termint View Post
    I feel sympathy for all concerned *except* the Cultic CofS bastards that drove him to this insanity.
    The real cause of this tragedy needs to be exposed for what it is.
    That pretty much sums up how I feel about it Panda Termint

Cat Daddy | March 9, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Reply

I hope he recovers his sanity in jail and lives long enough to right some wrongs along the way.

CD

splog | March 9, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Reply

Oh the irony of it.

Go to jail for murder to be able to decompress from what your church did.

Mind boggling….
    Jim Logan | March 10, 2011 at 3:08 am | Reply

Good postulate CD. Good on ya. Thanks.
    o
    Cat Daddy | March 10, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Reply

I hope you consider Rex Fowler a part of your group, one who needs help.
    theoracle | March 10, 2011 at 3:11 am | Reply

That was a kind and merciful postulate.
    o
    Cat Daddy | March 10, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Reply

It’s not. I want him to fully understand what he did and what has led to his actions. I do not want him believing the Evil SP’s or Psychs are responsible for the situation he is in. Alsoo for the family of his victim he can do some good by revealing the truth when he has found himself again with the counsel of his own conscience.
    +
    Lynne | March 10, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Reply

I like what you say, CD

http://www.cirp.org/library/psych/vanderkolk/

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world."

-Dalai Lama

3. Likes lurkanon liked this post
    Banned

Default Re: Sympathy for Rex Fowler OTVII

Quote Originally Posted by Free2Dream View Post
    Ah, crap. I knew I should've turned on the sarcasm detector! It's hard enough for me to get sarcasm IRL, let alone online.

Oh, well. I meant every word I said. Well, there was a slight note of sarcasm in what I said about Jan. She's just so arrogant and self-righteous that she begs to have people make fun of her!
    Being jewish, I'm naturally guilt ridden. How I wish I could have told Rex when I knew him as a young kid back in Denver, to get out of the CofS. But then I was up to my neck in it myself. But to have stayed in it these thirty-five years. How lucky are most of us, that the veil of deceit fell away. How lucky not to have those roman numerals after my name. Each one is the nail in your coffin. God of Abraham, or whoever, please have mercy on Rex Fowler. It reminds me of the end of Tess of the d'Urbervilles...'the President of the universe had done with his sporting with Tess (paraphrased).

5. Likes Lurker5 liked this post

Rex's actions caused his entire family to suffer... I was informed that Janet had a huge garage sale at the home she shared with Rex & daughter, Angela, on March 27.

Now the home is listed for sale.

http://www.coloradohomesiq.com/listi...ield-co-80020/

Anyone feeling sorry for this murderer, can write him at the Buena Vista Correction Complex:

William Fowler
    P. O. Box 2017
    Buena Vista, CO, 81211

Gold Meritorious Patron GreyWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Anabaptist Jacques View Post
    Just in case anyone didn't notice, I meant what I wrote as a joke.

The Anabaptist Jacques
    Pleased to meet you. Hope you guess my name.

Gold Meritorious Patron Lurker5's Avatar

Quite frankly, this entire event breaks my heart. It breaks my heart. A good man broken, driven to evil, by coersion from his insidious so called religion/church - driven to murder an innocent man, destroying a life - and that man's family/friends and loved ones, in the process - doing it in cold blood - thinking he'd find some kind of honor and / or redemption with his fucking religion/church for this horrid deed. And even more horrifying - the co$ probably thinks that too.

When will it stop . . .
    Cautious as one crossing thin ice . . .
    (LaoTze-TaoDeJing, Chapter 15. 2nd verse . . . )

For Ray - I have not forgotten you, my friend
    Or you Scott, this is for you too. I hope you are out.
    Kay is out . . .

Patron

I spoke to Rex a few weeks before this happened. I ran into him at the Denver Org....(I lived there for 8 years and was public there). At the time I was told that I had to sell one of the book/lecture packs. I asked him if he wanted to buy one....His face went blank and he said "HELL F*CKIN NO!!" I didn't know that he had just bought 30 sets and was trying to sell them himself.

10. Thanks Commander Birdsong says "thank you" for this post
    Likes Jachs liked this post
    Silver Meritorious Patron This is NOT OK !!!!'s Avatar

Welcome purpleheather69!

Stick around. Tell more stories!
    Iím not saying that everyone who is in Scientology is stupid, but I will say that I was purposefully blind for a long time. Paul Haggis

12. Thanks purpleheather69 says "thank you" for this post
    Likes purpleheather69 liked this post

Is there any update on this case? Was he found guilty and has his family had a wake up call re Hubbard and the cult?

I find it hard to find sympathy for the man, but then I understand that it is possible to take wrong turns. I wonder if he will ever realize that his redemption does not, nor will it ever, lie within the scope of scientology?
    A general loathing of a gang or sect usually has some sound basis in instinct.

Ezra Pound

http://johnduignan.ie/wp/

Silver Meritorious Patron Happy Days's Avatar
    Over the rainbow - looking for that pot of gold

Cheers
    Happy Days

"If the leaders of the Church of Scientology think that this will all go away, that it will be business as usual then they are deluded." Independent Senator Nick Xenophon

15. Thanks johnAnchovie says "thank you" for this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast